• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyria Chronicles 3 - Pre-TGS discussion and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Despera

Banned
I don't see a problem if SEGA announces VC III this early. We never complained back in the PS1 days when we had a Final Fantasy and a Resident Evil almost every year. If the game is great and has a winning/fresh formula, then I won't complain.

btw, Anti-Tank Snipers were very useful in VC II, just throwing that out there.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Suzuki Yu said:
i think it's an exceptional case .
because if you have more time/effort/money to make VCIII then you will be able to make a true successor and a sequel that worth it's number .
the opposite happened with VCII , while it's a great game most of the people think that the original was better in most of the areas .

Believe it or not VC2 is really the sequel to Valkyria Chronicles.

While it does take some steps back, there are tons of innovations that push the franchise forward. You make VC2 sound like a crappy low-budget spinoff that is not important in the franchise at all, which it is clearly not.

It is a sequel that is "worth it's number," try playing it and beating it before you say it sucks.

Suzuki Yu said:
you are not going to have a "series fatigue" if the sequel was great and fresh enough to be called a true sequel .

Series fatigue will happen when the fans get sick of the regular releases, it will happen sooner of later. Using your bar, VC3 will do just fine because VC2 was a great game.

Suzuki Yu

Hcoregamer00 said:
Believe it or not VC2 is really the sequel to Valkyria Chronicles.

While it does take some steps back, there are tons of innovations that push the franchise forward. You make VC2 sound like a crappy low-budget spinoff that is not important in the franchise at all, which it is clearly not.

It is a sequel that is "worth it's number," try playing it and beating it before you say it sucks.

did i say that VCII is a bad game ?? no i didn't i am enjoying it at the moment . hell i bought the PSP for it!

i am saying that VCII is not as good as the first one . there is some improvements in some areas of course , but overall the first one is a better game .

quoting myself

you are not going to have a "series fatigue" if the sequel was great and fresh enough to be called a true sequel .

not to mention that there is some disappointments in some other areas in VCII

Despera

Banned
Suzuki Yu said:
not to mention that there is some disappointments in some other areas in VCII

You are talking about the social/dating sim part aren't you?

Maybe VC III will focus more on that...

Suzuki Yu

Despera said:

not only that! there is some other things

- downgrade in art style
- downgrade in the game visuals ( hardware issue )
- the maps limitation ( could be hardware difficulties )
- the limitation of units you could use at one time ( could be hardware difficulties )

First piece of art I think (it was posted on the JP blog):

307d2d9a.jpg

Giolon

Bel Marduk said:
Second piece :lol It's something different than just a teaser though.

That image IS in the OP. I think the VC blog is happening to have traffic issues at the moment b/c it takes forever to load.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
The OP has that exact picture for a few days now. :lol

Maybe your computer can't see it for some reason?

Despera

Banned
What are the odds of having a female MC in VC3? I most certainly would like to see that as a change of pace.

But the dating-sim part will become kinda awkward, well, at least for me.

rykomatsu

Volcynika said:
Wow rykomatsu, thanks for bringing this new info to the table :O

lolz

well shit, some people might be interested in watching the live feed...sue me :p Don't know if this will be streamed live, but VC1 was on business day if I remember correctly

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
rykomatsu said:
well shit, some people might be interested in watching the live feed...sue me :p Don't know if this will be streamed live, but VC1 was on business day if I remember correctly

It was posted on the last page :x that's what he's getting at.

BlazingDarkness said:
Did last weeks Famitsu promise scoopz?

Yep.

It's gonna be called Valkyria Chronicles 3: Skies of Arcadia 2 and everyone's mind is gonna explode and Sega will take its throne and proceed with decades of gaming dominance.

Elementary school sim.

rykomatsu said:
Officially being announced at TGS on the 16th @ 2PM (c/o 2ch sokuho repository)

http://tgs.sega.jp/2010/event/index.html

If you change: http://tgs.sega.jp/2010/event/images/time_table.gif
to http://tgs.sega.jp/2010/event/images/time_table.jpg

It changes the coming soon to VC3

In case sega takes that image down,

For a split second, i thought that psp2 was refering to something else, my heart skipped a beat and i was wondering why no one was talking about this.

duckroll

Seraphis Cain said:
What's the game with "DS2" at the end? It's not there on the .gif version, but it is on the .jpg version.

Poupée Girl. It's an avatar/fashion game which Sega is hosting at their booth for one of their partners.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Infinite Justice said:
Wait, he got banned for that? yikes
Well there is that little rule about not reading the OP. Doubly so since he didn't even have to actually read the OP to notice that he was posting old info.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Despera said:

There is no dating sim elements, dating sim elements that has an effect on the storyline would be an improvement in gameplay.

Despera said:
What are the odds of having a female MC in VC3? I most certainly would like to see that as a change of pace.

But the dating-sim part will become kinda awkward, well, at least for me.

The chance of a female lead, near zero.

It would be neat if they gave us a female lead or gave us the option to have a male or female lead. VC2 would be infinitely better had a character like Marion or Coleen been the lead character rather than bro-con moron Avan.

duckroll

I guess in 12 hours or so we should have the Famitsu leak for the week which reveals what the true nature of Valkyria 3 is. Getting hyped!

Diablos

If it ends up being a PS3 game, I'll be as excited for it as I was FFXIII and currently am for Dead Rising 2. *drool*

Salaadin

KingHenrik30 said:
My guess, and I'm sure it's been stated here already, is that it's a world war 1 type prequel.

I hope so. Then I would hopefully get to use Coby again. Poor sap got his ass beat by Selvaria in the first game and I couldnt get to him in time :(

12 hours means we get the info today! And here I am all hyped for Thursday.

KingHenrik30 said:
My guess, and I'm sure it's been stated here already, is that it's a world war 1 type prequel.
What's more likely?

A semi-fantastical portrayal of a clear analogue to the first World War, complete with the incredible levels of brutal mechanized warfare and chemical weaponry that WWI was known for. Dulce et decorum est pro Valkyria mori.

or

A recruitable catgirl.

Varion

badcrumble said:
What's more likely?

A semi-fantastical portrayal of a clear analogue to the first World War, complete with the incredible levels of brutal mechanized warfare and chemical weaponry that WWI was known for. Dulce et decorum est pro Valkyria mori.

or

A recruitable catgirl.
The latter but don't go crushing my dreams now ;_;

So hyped.

badcrumble said:
What's more likely?

or

A recruitable catgirl.
Option 3 - a game based around Alicia, Welkin, Avan and Jan going to the beach

badcrumble said:
What's more likely?

or

A recruitable catgirl.
307d2d9a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom