• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyria Chronicles 3 - Pre-TGS discussion and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

stupei

entrement said:
What's with the PSP hate all of sudden? Let the little thing get some decent games in it's final months or so.

It's not PSP specific. Anything other than the HD Twins that gets a game people were hoping would go to one of them gets essentially the same reaction. People can say that they just want the sequels on the platform it originated with, but you don't see this level of complaints for Trauma Center sequels showing up on the Wii, now do you?

AleeN634 said:
Depends on which direction they're going to take with this one. I could do without the obvious anime tropes and certificate grinding.

V
C
HAD
ANIME
TROPES!

I agree with the rest of what you said though.

Sonicbug

I had a dream last night that Suikoden 6 was going to be PSP... then I woke up and realized that was silly because the ports didn't sell well enough. Then I realized my dream addled mind must have been thinking of Valkyria 3...

Then I was angry.

Now I'm just sad. *sigh*

Despera

Banned
When can we expect more info on those Famitsu articles? SEGA is probably just pulling our legs...or... or maybe Famitsu did an honest mistake?

Why is this wonderful franchise missing out on the HD goodness?

I'll repeat what I said about The 3rd Birthday, a sequel of any kind is better than no sequel at all (-_-)... I'll need to finish VC II first though which might take a while.

entrement said:
What's with the PSP hate all of sudden? Let the little thing get some decent games in it's final months or so.

Has nothing to do with the PSP. They changed platforms on fans of the series and that will always bring hate no matter what platform it's being moved to.

DR2K

Banned
cosmicblizzard said:
V
C
HAD
ANIME
TROPES!

I agree with the rest of what you said though.

They did, but the plot(tone at least) was a bit more serious(I'm only in April so far) and the art style was very unique. As opposed to cookie cutter anime scenes and portraits in VC2.

AleeN634

cosmicblizzard said:
V
C
HAD
ANIME
TROPES!

It did but the presentation of them wasn't as pronounced as it was in VC2. Overall the story of VC 1 was pretty serious with the side moments (like the beach scene or that vegetables chapter) reserved for the anime-ish stuff. To me VC1 felt like a war story with anime influences thrown in. VC2, on the other hand, feels like an anime story with war thrown in.

AleeN634 said:
It did but the presentation of them wasn't as pronounced as it was in VC2. Overall the story of VC 1 was pretty serious with the side moments (like the beach scene or that vegetables chapter) reserved for the anime-ish stuff. To me VC1 felt like a war story with anime influences thrown in. VC2, on the other hand, feels like an anime story with war thrown in.

A serious tone doesn't negate anime tropes. Just say VC2 had the tropes you don't like while VC1 had the ones you did. A whole medium is not defined by a non-serious set of tropes.

Hellion

marathonfool said:
Yup. I'm done. At least first Valkyria Chronicles can be remembered on the PS3.

16iegaq.jpg

Best game SEGA has out, till Vanquish releases.

Bayonetta was cool...
hamchan said:
VC3 on PSP is better than no VC at all.
no.
DR2K said:
They did, but the plot(tone at least) was a bit more serious(I'm only in April so far) and the art style was very unique. As opposed to cookie cutter anime scenes and portraits in VC2.
This.

Fuck you Sega! I feel dirty for buying Anything from that company.

Varion

- Set in the same period as Valkyria 1.
- Key characters all new.
- Focuses around a group called the Nameless which are... ergh. Closest English word seems to be a penal battalion, the Japanese definition according to Wikipedia is "Special group in the army composed of deserters and other military offenders. In the broader sense it doesn't have to be military offenders, and can be composed of general criminals as well. These units are often given dangerous or unpleasant missions such as the burying of corpses or the removal of land mines."

ezekial45

Banned
Varion said:
- Focuses around a group called the Nameless which are... ergh. Closest English word seems to be a penal battalion, the Japanese definition according to Wikipedia is "Special group in the army composed of deserters and other military offenders. In the broader sense it doesn't have to be military offenders, and can be composed of general criminals as well. These units are often given dangerous or unpleasant missions such as the burying of corpses or the removal of land mines."

Interesting. If it takes place during the time of first game, that means that there are no
V2's!
:D

Varion

Salaadin said:
Female lead maybe?
Says 'protagonist and two heroines'. So I'd assume not. But then again if one of those two on the right is supposed to be a girl then who knows.

In all seriousness the setting actually sounds quite interesting. Big departure from the generic school setting of the second game.

Varion said:
I'm liking the sound of this!

Empty

Varion said:

impressive. the story sounds way more promising than the cliched anime one from VC2. the focus on telling human war stories interests me so much more than going back to school.

Giolon

Varion said:

Well, it's a bette set up than VC2...still WTB PS3 prequel.

B.K.

Varion said:
Says 'protagonist and two heroines'. So I'd assume not. But then again if one of those two on the right is supposed to be a girl then who knows.

The one on the right is a girl. There's a new scan profiling her and the girl on the left.

Snaku

Banned
Varion said:

Setting and story sound intriguing, and make me hate the platform choice all the more. :(

Still....day one.

duckroll

It's not penal battalion, it's penis battalion. That's what Sega is going to use to shove into all our asses, because they know we like it up the rear like all good cocksucking fanboy groupies. We don't have a choice, and they'll make us like it.

FUCK IT SOMEONE GET ME SOME LUBE. :(

Phenomic

Varion said:

Initial scan of this has me more intrigued than when I saw VC 2 must admit. Seems like they might be implementing some darker more mature themes then were in the past games, hopefully bring more of a negative but realistic spin on how brutal war actually is. Wonder if they could pull of a Squad mission where you have to bury key members of your unit that have fallen?

Finaika

duckroll said:
It's not penal battalion, it's penis battalion. That's what Sega is going to use to shove into all our asses, because they know we like it up the rear like all good cocksucking fanboy groupies. We don't have a choice, and they'll make us like it.

QFT

tehbear

Good thing I didn't buy into that pity plea bullshit spiel from Sega begging us to buy VC2 :lol

VC is in a niche that just can't work on PS3, poor form of Sega to dangle that carrot in front of fans.

ezekial45

Banned
firehawk12 said:
So it's VC: Bad Company? Hah.

Sounds pretty cool to me. We get to see the grittier side of the VC universe. It seemed like it's going to be the Anti-VC2 (story, character, setting wise).

I like it already. :D

tehbear said:
Good thing I didn't buy into that pity plea bullshit spiel from Sega begging us to buy VC2 :lol

VC is in a niche that just can't work on PS3, poor form of Sega to dangle that carrot in front of fans.
buy VC3 and VC4 will be on ps3. SEGA Guarantee.

tenton

duckroll said:

Well, I guess if there's no choice, might as well try to minimize the hurting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom