• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VALKYRIE DRIVE - BHIKKHUNI- coming to steam this summer

Maxinas

Its better than any of the Senran games imho, but those trophies are a horrendous grind, never again, but cool to see that others can enjoy it on a living gaming platform.

joe2187

Banned
Its better than any of the Senran games imho, but those trophies are a horrendous grind, never again, but cool to see that others can enjoy it on a living gaming platform.

I just finished the Main game, and the extra ending. And I still got like 30% of the trophies left.

at least with the SK games I could complete all the trophies as I played.

To be fair, the only ridiculously grindy trophies are the five million exp and one million points and doing the five million one will unlock the other.

Maxinas

To be fair, the only ridiculously grindy trophies are the five million exp and one million points and doing the five million one will unlock the other.

It took me a while to figure out how to unlock the affection novels, and the heart catch minigame was a pain too. It was enjoyable nonetheless, i'd be open for a sequel.

It took me a while to figure out how to unlock the affection novels, and the heart catch minigame was a pain too. It was enjoyable nonetheless, i'd be open for a sequel.

Oh I didn't had any issues with the romance novels since the tutorial tells you about it and I went back to the cafeteria after finishing each stage so by the time I got to Drive 12 I had unlocked all the romance novels. The heart catch was easier, only taking around 30 minutes per character to get them to max rank.

But yeah, it's the best game Takaki has done yet. It has sold really well so a sequel is only a matter of time. Hopefully on PS4.

joe2187

Banned
Oh I didn't had any issues with the romance novels since the tutorial tells you about it and I went back to the cafeteria after finishing each stage so by the time I got to Drive 12 I had unlocked all the romance novels. The heart catch was easier, only taking around 30 minutes per character to get them to max rank.

But yeah, it's the best game Takaki has done yet. It has sold really well so a sequel is only a matter of time. Hopefully on PS4.

WHERE IS UPPPERS THO!??!?!?!?!?!??!

WHERE IS UPPPERS THO!??!?!?!?!?!??!

Ehhhh, I got the japanese version and is nothing special. There is a good game in there but is buried under unnecessary and poorly implemented mechanics. Plus they tried to make it look so nice that it has an awful performance.

Ironically, the game bombed because it wasn't cute girls not because its design flaws.

Momentary

Banned
Hopefully Uppers is next on the list. I love Hiroaki's art and Daidoji is in the game too.

So this game is better than Estival Versus? I really enjoyed how fluid the supermoves in that game looked. The ones for this game look rigid and drawn out. But that could be because the game.looks like it's running at less than 30fps. I feel like they did a fantastic job with the animations of the SK series.

https://youtu.be/XIOiRfyf6Us

Then again, I remember seeing the SK series on the Vita and thinking how rigid and slow it looked on there.

Also I hope that 1080p doesn't mean 1080p. Hopefully the game renders at desktop resolution like in previous titles.

Hopefully Uppers is next on the list. I love Hiroaki's art and Daidoji is in the game too.

So this game is better than Estival Versus? I really enjoyed how fluid the supermoves in that game looked. The ones for this game look rigid and drawn out. But that could be because the game.looks like it's running at less than 30fps. I feel like they did a fantastic job with the animations of the SK series.

https://youtu.be/XIOiRfyf6Us

Then again, I remember seeing the SK series on the Vita and thinking how rigid and slow it looked on there.

Also I hope that 1080p doesn't mean 1080p. Hopefully the game renders at desktop resolution like in previous titles.

Definitely better than EV, EV's combat feels like is underwater compared to how fast paced and dynamic Bhikkhuni's combat is. I also like Bhikhkuni's special attacks more than EV, especially for the Ultimate attacks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2sexeOh6OY

And according to Marvelous, the steam version will support higher resolutions as well.

3w3gdrl.jpg

Q674SJ4.jpg

Top Bottom