• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve announces Artifact, a new DOTA-based card game at TI7 [Up: A few details]

Compsiox

Banned
Valve has an arena shooter, a MOBA, and a CCG. Now all they need is an MMO and a strategy game. Only then will they become Blizzard.

Btw the people hoping this will hit mobile/consoles should temper their expectations. Given Gabe's comment from earlier this year how they don't like walled gardens I'm sure this will be Steam-only, just like any other future titles.

Btw the people hoping this will hit mobile/consoles should temper their expectations. Given Gabe's comment from earlier this year how they don't like walled gardens I'm sure this will be Steam-only, just like any other future titles.

Suddenly thinking of the idea that Valve might modify the Steam mobile app just so Artifact can be played through it.

That seems...contradictory.

If I end up liking the game, I do hope they bring it to their mobile app.

Well on the bright side between Dota2, VR games, and now this Valve is literally running out of games to make I have no interest in. So in 10 years their next game should be right up my alley.

*Valve announces DOTA2 visual novel*

".....God damn it..."
This is an amazing way of looking at it, you've got a gift!

I'm not familiar with how Apple and Google operate their stores, but could you do something like that?

I still think one of the coolest possible ideas for Artifact would be to integrate Steam trading cards somehow...

Hell I'm not sure either. I would honestly be surprised if Valve hadn't poked at the app stores to see if gameplay through Steam Mobile would be kosher

I'm not familiar with how Apple and Google operate their stores, but could you do something like that?

I still think one of the coolest possible ideas for Artifact would be to integrate Steam trading cards somehow...

As far as I know, the only official way to play Triple Triad on mobile is through the Square Enix app, so there is some precedent for it.

Toxi

Banned
Wait, this is actually a thing? I thought people were joking when they were talking about Valve making a DOTA card game.

As expected won't be one of the VR games

My84BVS_d.webp

Still doesn't rule out a possible VR mode down the line.

Bluth54

That seems...contradictory.

If I end up liking the game, I do hope they bring it to their mobile app.

When he was talking about walled gardens he was talking about how one of the mobile platforms refused to ship the first update to the Steam mobile app for some time after it launched and refused to tell Valve why. Steam let's them anyone ship updates anytime they want.

Top Bottom