• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve announces Artifact, a new DOTA-based card game at TI7 [Up: A few details]

I know valve doesn't make games is a meme and all but the last story game was Portal 2 correct?

Also can someone get a list of all of these card games out now? I feel like there are a ton. It seems played out.

Qvoth

huh, dota card game?
going to guess it's something closer to hearthstone rather than magic, might be cool though
wtzgU.gif

Plum

Nekketsu Kõha;245725622 said:
I don't think Valve is ever going to release a game again that isn't built around whales.

They'll release a full fat singleplayer experience...

...but it's a Moby Dick adaptation set in Cardiff.

Crono27

I know valve doesn't make games is a meme and all but the last story game was Portal 2 correct?

Also can someone get a list of all of these card games out now? I feel like there are a ton. It seems played out.

There's also a ton of shooters,rpg,racing and every other game out there... Only question is will it be good.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
if they're gonna go through the laundry list of Blizzard related IPs I sure hope an MMO is next

Sibylus

Banned
4 years to chase someone else's coattails with a CCG game. Valve's beloved properties like Half-Life, Portal, Left 4 Dead? Lol who wants that.

There's also a ton of shooters,rpg,racing and every other game out there... Only question is will it be good.
Of course. I should clarify-it seems like much more of a niche market with smaller room for major differentiation than those you listed. Not saying "oh another terrible card game" more so "wow, seems like a tough market to crack right now".

OBias

Between Hearthstone and Gwent and TES Legends and whatever else, this is not a Valve announcement that makes me excited. Oh well.

prag16

Banned
Whatever. I made peace long ago with the fact that Valve is no longer a relevant game developer in any way shape or form. They are a service provider and make a shit load of money as such. So I guess they see no need to do much else.

sonicmj1

I wish I could be mad about this, but I kinda love card games. And it'd be pretty awesome if I could sell cards I don't want on the marketplace.

Top Bottom