• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vanity Fair debuts four The Last Jedi covers

All the POCs are in a separate cover...
I'm glad Hollywood is including a Vietnamese in a big budget film, Asians are not just Chinese/Korean/Japanese.

awesome covers with the excepetion of the First Order themed cover.

how the fuck did overrated Phasma get out of the garbage compactor of an exploding planet?

Nev

Banned
Hahaha the "bad guys". What a bunch of losers.

The rest look good but these three are hilarious. Are we supposed to be intimidated by them or something? Hopefully they introduce a new villain that isn't a punchable angsty goofy edgelord or give that Snoke guy more presence.

PS: Will Gwendoline Christie have more than 2 lines this time or is that helmet-less shot a bait for GoT fans like her name was in TFA?

I do like the full cape look for Kylo.

I'm curious on if they will reveal the characters that both del Toro and Laura Dern are playing with the full spread tomorrow.

Delio

More details at the link below:

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/05/star-wars-the-last-jedi-four-covers
star-wars-cover-2017-VF-03.jpg

Hmm now where have i seen that shirt and belt on Finn before.

latest

Oh okay.

KainXVIII

The rest look good but these three are hilarious. Are we supposed to be intimidated by them or something? Hopefully they introduce a new villain that isn't a punchable angsty goofy edgelord or give that Snoke guy more presence.

PS: Will Gwendoline Christie have more than 2 lines this time or is that helmet-less shot a bait for GoT fans like her name was in TFA?

Yeah, Kylo looks even less intimidating than Lord Helmet

Kayhan

Yeah the villains are weak.

Darth Emo

Captain "No Spine" Phasma

Commander Crap Acting

Iceternal

I told everyone before TFA was even out that Kylo Ren would lose all his charisma without his helmet ... Everybody told me I was wrong and Adam Driver would be "incredibly intimidating "... yeah right ...

I told everyone before TFA was even out that Kylo Ren would lose all his charisma without his helmet ... Everybody told me I was wrong and Adam Driver would be "incredibly intimidating "... yeah right ...

He's a more interesting villain without the mask. The interrogation scene wouldn't have worked half as well if he'd had a mask on.

Awesome covers. The one with Leia especially was a punch to the gut.
Would look forward to text-less versions of those for my iPhone wallpaper.

He isnt supposed to be intimidating without his helmet... that why he uses it.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

I don't think he was meant to be intimidating once he takes the helmet off, at least in TFA. The whole point of the character is that there is a confused and frightened young man underneath the Vader cosplay. Rey was not scared of him once she saw his face.

But he isn't keeping the helmet apparently.

So there goes a whole trilogy without a single intimidating villain.

No... Snoke doesn't count...

He does use the helmet in VIII.

As for Snoke, he's barely had five minutes of screen time. We know hardly anything about him, including the extent of his powers. Plus, with a mixture of CGI and practical effects I expect he'll be more of a presence.

Iceternal

I don't think he was meant to be intimidating once he takes the helmet off, at least in TFA. The whole point of the character is that there is a confused and frightened young man underneath the Vader cosplay. Rey was not scared of him once she saw his face.

But he was supposed to be a "villain in the making".

He's supposed to grow during the trilogy as a villain.

But I'm not buying it when all you can see from his defeat is a tiny scar on the face.

At least a fucked up face would have made his look more interesting and less "insecure teen".

Unmasking Phasma is unexpected but welcome. She actually looks really cool. Should of happened in a trailer, or even left as a surprise for the film itself though.

I mean I assume they didn't just do that for the magazine, that would be strange right?

Iceternal

Unmasking Phasma is unexpected but welcome. She actually looks really cool. Should of happened in a trailer, or even left as a surprise for the film itself though.

I mean I assume they didn't just do that for the magazine, that would be strange right?

Hope it's not just for the photoshoot though....

Ristifer

So, let me understand this. People get annoyed that TFA was too OT, but they want a villain that's intimidating... again? Who's going to be more intimidating than Palpatine and Vader?

Just trying to understand.

Vanity fair actually revealed Kylo unmasked 4-5 months before theatrical release.

Top Bottom