• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vanity Fair debuts four The Last Jedi covers

nded

Hmm now where have i seen that shirt and belt on Finn before.

latest

Oh okay.

It's a Star Wars tradition.
qrgXJJf.jpg

Ugh, the villains all look lame, especially Nazi Jr. on the right. Hopefully Del Toro's or Dern's character is a baddie who is actually interesting.

Boke1879

Kylo is the perfect villain for this series. With his mask on he is intimidating and confident. Off he's revealed to be a unstable, and emotional who's unsure of himself. We're seeing his descent fully into th dark side.

I feel in this movie Phasma will definitely be more aggressive in leading her forces against He Resistance. These people are fine in the movie.

"And Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy reflects on the expanded role Leia was meant to play in the trilogy’s final installment."

So Leia was meant to survive this film. Seems like Luke dying in Episode 8 -- at the very least, this one or episode 9 -- is a strong possibility.

Kylo is the perfect villain for this series. With his mask on he is intimidating and confident. Off he's revealed to be a unstable, and emotional who's unsure of himself. We're seeing his descent fully into th dark side.

I feel in this movie Phasma will definitely be more aggressive in leading her forces against He Resistance. These people are fine in the movie.

Uhhhhhhh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDY0TkvgySw

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Wonder when they'll show Laura Dern or Benicio Del Toro. They're supposed to be major characters right?

Dern was at a Williams scoring sesh earlier in the week, that's for sure.
18582610_1787425484919910_8202292173653260952_n.jpg

Still, no news of her character whatsoever.

Sesha

Did Entertainment Weekly secretly do the villain cover? lol

Otherwise, looks nice. Carrie looks badass. RIP.

Reminder:

This is a 100% Rian Johnson movie. Written and Directed.

Everyone who has read Johnson's script has noted that it fucked with them, and it will do very weird things to Star Wars.

Guy wrote and directed Brick, Brothers Bloom, and Looper, and also directed the two best episodes of Breaking Bad.

Also, John Williams has been scoring this movie since December.

Blader

Thought JJ did a mostly excellent job in casting and directing TFA, but Gleeson's sniveling overacting stuck out like a sore thumb. I've liked the guy in other stuff, but his General Hux is the only returning player I'm not looking forward.

Not sure you got what they were going for with Kylo Ren
Now, of course there is that angle, but anyone who has seen Adam Driver outside of TFA or silly photoshoots knows precisely why they hired him. The man is filled with such presence and red hot vulnerable energy that I can't help but side eye people discounting him for his funny looks.

I guessed all the covers before entering this thread but assumed they would contain Chewbacca and the droids with Luke. Hope they aren't underused in the film

Damn hadn't noticed Kylie (edit: I'm gonna go ahead and leave that autocorrect in place) clothing change earlier, that's a bummer. I loved the scarecrow look in the first movie. Made me think of the batman villain, which is a good thing.

Also you can see reflections in Phasmas armor, oopsie.

Altazor

Reminder:

This is a 100% Rian Johnson movie. Written and Directed.

Everyone who has read Johnson's script has noted that it fucked with them, and it will do very weird things to Star Wars.

Guy wrote and directed Brick, Brothers Bloom, and Looper, and also directed the two best episodes of Breaking Bad.

Also, John Williams has been scoring this movie since December.

but how?! We just watched that 2 minute trailer and deduced it was 100% a TESB remake!

but how?! We just watched that 2 minute trailer and deduced it was 100% a TESB remake!

Same way people are looking at Kelly Marie Tran on the cover of Vanity Fair and lolling lols over how lolworthy her third-wheel status is lol

Because you can look at something for 2 seconds and know without a doubt that the first thought that flits into your head is the only thought anyone else could possibly have about anything.

Effect

They keep trying to make Phasma a thing. I want her to get a spotlight but I just don't believe it will happen in any positive manner.

That said great covers! This answers something I was curious as well. If Carrie had actually done any promotional work before her passing. I knew she had filmed her scenes but wasn't sure about marketing. Assuming this isn't a photoshop of course.

Top Bottom