• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vanquish (PC) |OT| Steam Jet Fuel Can't Melt Steel Knees

GavinUK86

It's pretty cool that this is actually coming out on PC after years of anticipation, the excitement is infectious. Hope it lives up to the hype.

(Clearly very different games, but) It seemed that Vanquish didn't click with a lot of people in a similar way to Quantum Break, both technically being cover-based TPSs but not actually meant to be played like one.

Fair comparison. On the surface they both look like cover shooters but are not.

Is it a good game this time?

xfLs5cm.gif

Skyzard

Banned
Is this a game that will be better with a mouse? I was planning on going in with a pad...guess I'll give both a try, didn't even think about aiming.

Everything is provided free-of-charge, even retail keys. The only money Valve takes is its 30% cut of Steam Store/in-game Steam Wallet transactions.

Hmm, so they just didn't organise a pre-load? Or maybe steam has to approve it...

Shouldn't be a big deal for me personally, could be a lot worse than 20gb!

45 mins!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hmm, so they just didn't organise a pre-load? Or maybe steam has to approve it...

Shouldn't be a big deal for me personally, could be a lot worse than 20gb!

The former. The app hasn't been touched in over 48 hours, so there really should have been one, regardless of the download size.

Kssio_Aug

PC version has an unlocked framerate so u know folks are gonna flex.

I'm sure that Vanquish at modern PC gaming will easily make more than 60 fps. But I don't think rock solid 60 frames per second will ever stop being "butter smooth" (or whatever term we may use for very smooth gameplay). Sure, on PC there's always room for improvement, but 60 frames per second is pretty good already, and since most people still uses 60hz monitor....

TGMIII

I'm sure that Vanquish at modern PC gaming will easily make more than 60 fps. But I don't think rock solid 60 frames per second will ever stop being "butter smooth" (or whatever term we may use for very smooth gameplay). Sure, on PC there's always room for improvement, but 60 frames per second is pretty good already, and since most people still uses 60hz monitor....

60fps is great but I think most people don't understand just how much smoother 120hz really is. The amount of motion blur alone when you directly compare 60 & 120 is instantly visible and even more so when you look into things like lightboost.

All of my friends were on 60hz monitors until they seen 120hz and most of them would have been in the "60 is good enough" crowd.

Kssio_Aug

60fps is great but I think most people don't understand just how much smoother 120hz really is. The amount of motion blur alone when you directly compare 60 & 120 is instantly visible and even more so when you look into things like lightboost.

All of my friends were on 60hz monitors until they seen 120hz and most of them would have been in the "60 is good enough" crowd.

Unfortunately, even at 120hz monitor, it's not easy to achieve 120 fps on PC without a very decent hardware, except at those more outdated games and some others that for whatever reason has an exceptional performance.

I'm obvisously not saying we can't get better than 60fps, but that's still a very good performance. On consoles we barely have 30 in many cases. lol

Sooooon. My 1070 can't reach 165 frames in many games, so I'm excited to see what it feels like playing a action game like Vanquish in such a high fps.

Top Bottom