• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Velocity 2X |OT| Yippee Kai Yay ************

Carl

9516722140_d4df748188_b.jpg

Velocity 2X is the sequel to the PSMini Velocity, and revamped Velocity Ultra. 2X mixes the shmup fun of the original with new 2D platforming sections. Speed is an essential ingredient of both sections. If you want to perfect every level to earn the platinum, you'll need to know the levels back to front.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGsrGmIWxV0

Release info:

Release date: Out right now (US) / Out Now (SCEE)
(game) http://velocitygame.co.uk/
(developer) http://www.futurlab.co.uk/
Platforms: Playstation 4, Playstation Vita (Cross-buy, Cross-save)
Price: £12.99, 15.99EUR, $19.99 (Free with Playstation Plus in September)
Filesize: 756mb (Vita), 2.5GB (PS4)

-Awesome boss battles
-Quick gameplay
-Addictive
-Global/friends leaderboards
-Platinum trophy!

-Native res/60FPS on Vita
-1080p/60FPS on PS4
-Music by Joris De Man (Preview here (OST available to buy here. Also available on Spotify, Music Unlimited and Xbox Music)
-More story than the original.

Screenshots

Reviews

Brash Games - 10/10

The Sixth Axis - 10/10

Punk and Lizard - 10/10

Vita Lounge - 5/5

Push square - 10/10

PSN Stores - 5/5

Sir TapTap (GAF) - AWESOME/10

PSU - 9.5/10

Polygon - 9/10

IGN - 9/10

PS4 Daily - 9/10

Hardcore Gamer - 4.5/5

VG Network - 9/10

PS3 Brasil - 90/100

Videogamer - 8/10

Eurogamer - 8/10

Digital Spy - 4/5

Edge magazine - 8/10

Day one!! Still can't believe it's free for sept. Would've happily paid up to $15

Also Colin from IGN has been saying how incredible this game is for quite some time.

Carl

Day one!! Still can't believe it's free for sept. Would've happily paid up to $15

Also Colin from IGN has been saying how incredible this game is for quite some time.

Been playing it for a while and (though obviously i can't say much) it is really good.

Corto

Beautiful thread, Carl! I hope the soundtrack is great as in Ultra. Still listen to it from time to time.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So excited for this. Was going to buy this day 1 but Sony won't let me.

I hope everybody with PS+ checks this game out but if the tone of the September PS+ announcement thread was any indication it feels like a lot of folks won't even bother to download it which is a bummer.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Gonna be so awesome, the original was better than most "proper" PSN games I've played. Too bad many probably missed it because it was a Mini (I would have too if Sony hadn't given it away for free). This being free on PS+ totally redeems that service after a couple of weak months (IMO).

Carl

Gonna be so awesome, the original was better than most "proper" PSN games I've played. Too bad many probably missed it because it was a Mini (I would have too if Sony hadn't given it away for free). This being free on PS+ totally redeems that service after a couple of weak months (IMO).

Yeah i agree, Velocity was amazing. Ultra is one of my favourite Vita games still. Hopefully the PS+ deal helps them raise their profile a bit because they really make good games.

Shizuka

I know it's free for PS+, but $20 is salty. I always knew they were going with $20 because of the scope of the game.

I know it's free for PS+, but $20 is salty. I always knew they were going with $20 because of the scope of the game.

as long as the scope is indeed bigger, I had no problem with this. in fact, I wish more small indie studios be more ambitious scope wise and make bigger $30-$40 retail game. make more mid tier games instead of only AAA or small downloadable games

Kensuke

Can't wait for this game. Absolutely loved Velocity Ultra. One of the toughest and most enjoyable platinums I've gotten.

Had lots of fun with the original on both Vita and Steam. The only gripe I had was with tying trophies to arbitrary filler minigames that have nothing to do with the main game - hopefully they don't feel like they need that kind of filler this time around.

bigkrev

Anyone who makes a GOTY list without playing this first will be doing their list a disservice.
Shame it's out the day Danganronpa 2 is out though. What an amazing day for Vita

PaulloDEC

Really looking forward to this. Can't decide on a platform though; touchscreen teleporting on the Vita, or big-screen experience on the PS4?

Top Bottom