• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Velocity 2X |OT| Yippee Kai Yay ************

Pretty excited for this based on everything I've seen so far. I've had Velocity Ultra on my Vita for months now but still haven't gotten around to playing it. Gonna try and play it this weekend to get ready for this one.

Agent X

$20?? wooha.

anyone know how long it take to beat this game? $20 for a couple of hours will be crazy.

I can't say for sure regarding this game, but Velocity Ultra was a heck of a meaty game.

In Velocity Ultra you had 50 levels which got progressively more challenging. You could spend at least 3 or 4 hours just doing whatever was minimally required to complete them. On top of that, you had all sorts of additional goals (attain certain scores, beat specified times, etc.), and could compete with your buddies on online scoreboards. If you're a real completionist who likes to get the most out of a game (and crave a platinum trophy), you could be looking at an investment of 10 to 20 hours.

iosefe

I can't say for sure regarding this game, but Velocity Ultra was a heck of a meaty game.

In Velocity Ultra you had 50 levels which got progressively more challenging. You could spend at least 3 or 4 hours just doing whatever was minimally required to complete them. On top of that, you had all sorts of additional goals (attain certain scores, beat specified times, etc.), and could compete with your buddies on online scoreboards. If you're a real completionist who likes to get the most out of a game (and crave a platinum trophy), you could be looking at an investment of 10 to 20 hours.

don't forget the extras in the flight computer.

they basically included their first game for free

Wozman23

Heh it's s really good one. Think it beats Show Thumb Respect

I prefer Show Thumb Respect and #thumbkindahero. It'd be great if FuturLab could get Michael Strahan to push those puns.

Joke explanation for Europeans:
Michael Strahan is a respected football player - the good American football, not that boring soccer garbage. He retired and got a job on a daytime talk show cohosting with what would be best described as an anorexic mop in a dress. Despite winning the Superbowl, his new gig is probably his most impressive achievement, given the fact that the huge gap between his front teeth makes him incapable of pronouncing the letter S.

oggob

Borderline criminal that we get this from free* via PS+... Can't wait til next week, it will fill in the additional weeks wait before Danganronpa drops here (Australia)

13 quid... the fuck?!

Well, it must be a lot bigger than Velocity Ultra, because I wasn't expecting that price. Now I'm extra glad it's free with PS+.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm incredibly down. Dat Plus.

Would love to play this on PS4 for the big screen graphics, but I can't play without touch screen. Teleporting is so much harder without it. I'm not sure if you can use the touch pad, but it ain't the same.

Carl

I'm incredibly down. Dat Plus.

Would love to play this on PS4 for the big screen graphics, but I can't play without touch screen. Teleporting is so much harder without it. I'm not sure if you can use the touch pad, but it ain't the same.

You use touch screen for teleporting? Man i can even imagine how difficult that must be. And so slow too! Heh

Carl

What? It's instant. Tap where you want to go. How is that not faster than using the right stick?

Having to take your fingers off the controls to tap where you want to go and then get your hands back again. Compared to just flicking the analogue stick, which is basically instant too. I'm sure it works for you man, I just can't imagine being able to do it that way :p

You use touch screen for teleporting? Man i can even imagine how difficult that must be. And so slow too! Heh

I was a hybrid user. Most of the time I would use the conventional method, but there were some stages where using the touch screen made it easier and faster to teleport.

ZeroX03

Banned
Having to take your fingers off the controls to tap where you want to go and then get your hands back again. Compared to just flicking the analogue stick, which is basically instant too. I'm sure it works for you man, I just can't imagine being able to do it that way :p

I don't take my fingers off the controls. Only one finger is needed to tap.

YoodlePro

My GOD this looks AWESOME.

I loved Velocity Ultra. Didn't get to finish it but gawd damn I liked it.

And dat platinum trophy title. I swear to you GAF, this will be my first platinum. And I'm seriously thinking to never ever get another one again, purely because when people will look at my trophies they'll just see Yippee kai YAY!!!

Footos22

Embargo is 2nd of September. but i'll tell you now it's fucking awesome.

i Hate the fact you have been playing this since last Friday. :( But then again you're like free advertising.

Platted the first one without touchscreen teleporting.

analogue for life, is like second nature.

Gray Matter

Awesome. I got velocity ultra from PS+ a few months back I immediately fell in love with it. Can't wait to see what this has in store for us.

iosefe

Guess they wanted to give reviewers plenty of time to play it properly

I'm not. One of the guys is off PlaystationTrophies i think. Dunno who the other is.
Because this game deserves more than 2 weeks to complete, so you can give a better review.

The world may never know...

splosions.gif

Arukado

[thumb respect intesifies]

Looking forward to it, as with the first game.

I cant wait to play the new 2d platform sections. They look insanely addictive.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

Oh, you use the right stick for that now? Don't you also shoot with the right stick (the trailer had 360 degree shooting)? How does that work? In the original you held a button to move the teleportation reticule with the same stick you used to control the ship, right? Because the PSP only had one stick, I suppose.

Carl

Oh, you use the right stick for that now? Don't you also shoot with the right stick (the trailer had 360 degree shooting)? How does that work? In the original you held a button to move the teleportation reticule with the same stick you used to control the ship, right? Because the PSP only had one stick, I suppose.

Sorry, I meant left stick. D'oh

jwk94

i Hate the fact you have been playing this since last Friday. :( But then again you're like free advertising.

Platted the first one without touchscreen teleporting.

analogue for life, is like second nature.

I'm pretty sure Carl's been playing this for almost a month now.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
This game is a major stress test on my Dual Shock 4 controller. I think my analog stick material is rubbing off because of it.

wouwie

The first Velocity game was stellar: awesome soundtrack and fun, clever, fresh and addictive gameplay. Velocity 2x looks even better and i can't wait to play.

Top Bottom