• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogame facts that blow your mind (SuperMarioBros. SHOCKING SECRET INSIDE p #70)

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
MNC said:
Holy shit, I never knew that Sonic CD thing! AFTER SO MANY YEARS.
It's not just an instant-death thing either. It's an instant Game Over. No matter how many lives you have left, if you let him sit for 3 minutes, he's gone.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Sixfortyfive said:
It's not just an instant-death thing either. It's an instant Game Over. No matter how many lives you have left, if you let him sit for 3 minutes, he's gone.
Sonic really is X-treme!

KevinCow

Banned
Des0lar said:
Fuck that. Everyone who plays Mario on that kind of level has no life.

He's not actually playing it in real time. It's Tool-Assisted, meaning he probably played it in slow mo and save stated every two seconds.

Still really impressive though.

KevinCow said:
He's not actually playing it in real time. It's Tool-Assisted, meaning he probably played it in slow mo and save stated every two seconds.

Still really impressive though.
i never understood the appeal behind tool-assisted runs.

KevinCow

Banned
JodyAnthony said:

It's neat to know what's technically (if not humanly) possible within the game's engine.

And aside from that, they can just be fun to watch.

Salmon

Do you guys know that you can take control over your replay/ghost in Mario Kart for the SNES?! I used to do this when I was young, and it still works like this.

1. Watch your replay
2. Try to steer exactly like the ghost driver, and force yourself to take control over him
3. So, in like the last lap, you should just turn in the opposite direction and see what happens.
4. If you've done this right, you could take control and drive through your replay.

Sick shit!

Maybe not a fact, or mindblowing...but I think many people haven't tried this out. I found out myself just fiddling around with the controller during a replay, and back then...MY mind were totaly blown away. :D

Final Fantasy VII was about a company draining "life" from the planet. Today, alternate sources of energy are much more in demand than they ever were because the world is thinking green on a global scale.

Final Fantasy VIII featured a time when all radiowave broadcasts were banned (so they wouldn't interfere with a certain something or other) and HD signals and the internet were the only way to comminicate. Well (in the U.S. at least) they've been planning (or have already? I'm not sure, I'm HDified already) to cut off tv signals and everyone needs to be digitally hooked up to continue viewing their favorite networks without cable.

Nothing mind blowing, but definitely an insight on the world today. Maybe not so much a fantasy afterall? :D

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Final Fantasy VII was about a company draining "life" from the planet. Today, alternate sources of energy are much more in demand than they ever were because the world is thinking green on a global scale.

Final Fantasy VIII featured a time when all radiowave broadcasts were banned (so they wouldn't interfere with a certain something or other) and HD signals and the internet were the only way to comminicate. Well (in the U.S. at least) they've been planning (or have already? I'm not sure, I'm HDified already) to cut off tv signals and everyone needs to be digitally hooked up to continue viewing their favorite networks without cable.

Nothing mind blowing, but definitely an insight on the world today. Maybe not so much a fantasy afterall? :D
And that's exactly why FF8 sucked!

MoonsaultSlayer said:

Does that mean our future will be FF IX? :eek:

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
MoonsaultSlayer said:

I don't think radio broadcast was banned so much as that "something or other" filled the airwaves with static, making it unfeasable for daily use. I can't remember why the Dollet broadcast could get around that but it had extra power pumped into it or something.

But really.. Lifestream = oil was obvious to a 10 year old :lol

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Jaded Alyx said:
Come on man, this was JUST posted. In fact, I'm sure the only reason you're aware of this video is BECAUSE it was posted in this thread, and then linked by another site.

Erm, No. I just saw it from other site, so I just posted it here. I'm not aware of any thread that posted that video. It took me awhile to post it since wireless have been weird lately. I apologized but you shouldn't jump into conclusion tho.

Red Scarlet

JodyAnthony said:

It ruined real runs to me, part of the 'mystique' was wondering how fast it could be, and those ruined that aspect completely.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
IntelliHeath said:
Erm, No. I just saw it from other site, so I just posted it here. I'm not aware of any thread that posted that video. It took me awhile to post it since wireless have been weird lately. I apologized but you shouldn't jump into conclusion tho.
It was just on the page before this. I even remember thinking "Holy Shit" too.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Philanthropist said:
Damn, once again :-O

Can anyone collect all of the SMB3 secrets into one post? I'm sure many of use have missed some.
Absoposilutely this.

Would love to have everything compiled. May try to at least get all the map stuff done myself tomorrow if I have time.

boiled goose

good with gravy
IntelliHeath said:

Gaf>internet>gaf

hilarious every time it happens...

IntelliHeath said:
That's what i'm saying. It was posted in this thread not too long ago, which is why whichever site you saw it on decided to post it. Gaf>internet>gaf.

Anyway, no big deal :lol

ITA84

A good number of people forgets to pause the game when going to get a drink. Mind blown.

More seriously: I don't know if it was just my copy being defective, but in Star Ocean 2, in the Load/Save screen, at times one of Leon's sprite animation would change into that of a palette-swapped, blue Noel. It was only then that I realized Noel = Leon spelled backwards. It might not be mind-blowing, but it happened to me.

kai3345

Banned
nomercy_01.jpg

Looks like it was drawn with the gun not near her eyes so they shopped it higher, I don't own the game and seen that image before but now it's pointed out yeah she has 3 hands :lol

rpmurphy

Saw this posted on another forum. While everyone pretty much knows about the Earthbound city names starting with numbers, this part surprised me:

Onett
Twoson
Threed
Fourside
Summers
Tenda

batbeg

rpmurphy said:
Saw this posted on another forum. While everyone pretty much knows about the Earthbound city names starting with numbers, this part surprised me:

Onett
Twoson
Threed
Fourside
Summers
Tenda

Holy shit that's awesome! It took me a minute, I have to admit, but when I realized it I loved it.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
rpmurphy said:

Onett
Twoson
Threed
Fourside
Summers
Tenda
Now that part I never noticed.

Top Bottom