• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita "hacked," (PSP) homebrew on the way (not piracy)

Joey Ravn

Banned
Guys, Hackinformer is "double checking everything"...

CSmCpBKUEAAYsBj.jpg:large

Edit: Well, it turned out to be a huge pile of absoluetely nothing. Move along, guys...

L.O.R.D

I am still having problems with PS1 games
How to test the games after I convert them to eboot?
Ps1 emulator can't read it

Joey Ravn

Banned
I am still having problems with PS1 games
How to test the games after I convert them to eboot?
Ps1 emulator can't read it

What are you using? In ARK you should be able to boot them if you manually select them in the file browser. TN-V needs a plugin to be able to look into other folders that aren't /GAME.

L.O.R.D

What are you using? In ARK you should be able to boot them if you manually select them in the file browser. TN-V needs a plugin to be able to look into other folders that aren't /GAME.

i am trying to play them from ark
but all PS1 games i convert never boot
what worse , every failed attempt , all the size of the game goes to the vita system memory
it can take up to 10GB

Joey Ravn

Banned
i am trying to play them from ark
but all PS1 games i convert never boot
what worse , every failed attempt , all the size of the game goes to the vita system memory
it can take up to 10GB

What are you using to convert them? I use PSX2PSP. First make sure that the ISOs you are creating are working. Use Retroarch or ePSXe to test them on your PC before converting them.

Honestly, I wouldn't mess with ARK and PSX games right now. ARK-3's source code was made public a few days ago, so it's a matter of time before it's released for current firmwares with much better support for PSX games (and sound!).

L.O.R.D

What are you using to convert them? I use PSX2PSP. First make sure that the ISOs you are creating are working. Use Retroarch or ePSXe to test them on your PC before converting them.

Honestly, I wouldn't mess with ARK and PSX games right now. ARK-3's source code was made public a few days ago, so it's a matter of time before it's released for current firmwares with much better support for PSX games (and sound!).

i also used PSX2PSP
however , i put the files inside the ark folder , like this
ARK_01234/CRASH3/EBOOT.PBP
or replace CRAH3 with id name

Grep

Banned
Are "email tricks" from Mr.Gas and TomTom still being developed?

I remember the day when these hacks were announced there was a word about these features:

– Switch PSN account
– Make CMA backups for anyone (without linked PSN account)

But so far, there is nothing of that kind.

EDIT: Found it, if anyone tried lemme know.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Is there a good place to find Onemenu themes for ARK? The anime one that came with it is finally driving me insane.

L.O.R.D

Dragon Fin Soup require update 3.55 to run

6paF0no.jpg

inviZimals can't be transferred from PS3 to Vita

it's ok , i didn't care about this games anyway

Rich!

Well...I tried using my PSTV with my 64GB card and as expected it requested an update to 3.55, almost surely with the loss of the whitelist hack

Ah well. Had better give it a go. I can always trade it into CEX after...

Guess Ill be keeping it. Deleting all internet settings though for sure.

Well...I tried using my PSTV with my 64GB card and as expected it requested an update to 3.55, almost surely with the loss of the whitelist hack

Ah well. Had better give it a go. I can always trade it into CEX after...

Guess Ill be keeping it. Deleting all internet settings though for sure.

Ys Celceta got added to the official whitelist. Better check your other games.

L.O.R.D

it appears that there a company released an ugly tool to play "shared" games and require always online DRM and big dongle hang u from the Vita and you should stay at home to use it.
For what i understand, you can only use the shared games when the people who are using this tool are online and they putting the game in that device to share it P2P , then you chose the game from your PC and it will send the game to the dongle.

cobra_blackfin-1024x576.jpg

Even the name is stupid, cobra black fun.

In other news, major Tom released a method to dump your own PS Vita card game , and can be used on 3.55 too.

Joey Ravn

Banned
The way I see it, that stupid dongle is the stepping stone to full-blown piracy. First you need to "authenticate" an ISO with a proper cart, even if remotely... then you just don't, when someone comes up with a way to emulate the authentication locally.

What a pity.

whitehawk

Banned
It's been fun, but I updated to the latest firmware. I figure if I really have an itch to play emulators on the go, I'll pony up and get the GPD XD which will always be better than Vita homebrew, if it gets hacked. For now I'll keep my Vita updated for new games and remote play.

it appears that there a company released an ugly tool to play "shared" games and require always online DRM and big dongle hang u from the Vita and you should stay at home to use it.
For what i understand, you can only use the shared games when the people who are using this tool are online and they putting the game in that device to share it P2P , then you chose the game from your PC and it will send the game to the dongle.

cobra_blackfin-1024x576.jpg

Even the name is stupid, cobra black fun.

In other news, major Tom released a method to dump your own PS Vita card game , and can be used on 3.55 too.
What the freak is that monstrosity. Hah.

mugwhump

So I'm on 3.51 and wanna access the store, but the update blocker doesn't work.

I did the initial email hack. If I install the whitelist thing, will it still work after updating, or does the update nuke that?

Edit: Well is there any way to transfer games to the pstv without the store?

jrush64

Banned
So I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I'm on 3.52 and I want to install Ark because i want to play Ps1 games with CwCheat.

What's the best way to do it, please.

Korezo

Do you need to have the latest firmware on the Vita to Transfer games from the ps3 to the vita? Because If I hack was wondering if there is no way to get my digital games.And can you still use remote play with ps4?

Lime

Do you need to have the latest firmware on the Vita to Transfer games from the ps3 to the vita? Because If I hack was wondering if there is no way to get my digital games.And can you still use remote play with ps4?

1. Use opencma to connect your vita to a PS3. You wont need to update the vita. Google the procedure.

2. No, remote play is out of the question. Remote play requires PSN sign in so unfortunately not.

mugwhump

So I'm on 3.51 and wanna access the store, but the update blocker doesn't work.

I did the initial email hack. If I install the whitelist thing, will it still work after updating, or does the update nuke that?

Edit: Well is there any way to transfer games to the pstv without the store?

pls gaf

mugwhump

You need a usb cord to connect to your PC with opencma and then connect to your PS3 immediately through usb

thanks

edit: and that's for vita games yes? Not just psx games?

Wish there was a way to transfer from vita to pstv. Gotta find a PS3 somewhere lol.

Joey Ravn

Banned
How well is the hack at playing PS1 Originals?

I've been thinking about using the exploit to play some hidden gems from the PS1 era.

ePSP hacks don't have anything to do with PSX games, at least not directly. You'll need a loader to boot them, which can be installed through the hack, but the hack itself doesn't really factor in when dealing with PSX performance.

That being said, PSX support on Vita isn't that hot, really. ARK-2 can run basically any PSX game, but without sound. TN-V has sound support, but performance is overall pretty bad (very few games play flawlessly).

IMO, you're better off buying a PSP for PSX games than trying to use your Vita for them.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
ePSP hacks don't have anything to do with PSX games, at least not directly. You'll need a loader to boot them, which can be installed through the hack, but the hack itself doesn't really factor in when dealing with PSX performance.

That being said, PSX support on Vita isn't that hot, really. ARK-2 can run basically any PSX game, but without sound. TN-V has sound support, but performance is overall pretty bad (very few games play flawlessly).

IMO, you're better off buying a PSP for PSX games than trying to use your Vita for them.
That's disappointing to hear as I saved the rips I made for my PSP years ago.

I just got a Vita with 3.12 firmware. What am I capable of doing?

Shaneus

I didn't realise the PSTV could be connected to PC (and PS3) via USB... I guess it requires a cable I just don't have.

As for exploits, it looks like there's one for Pool Hall Pro that is ePSP-based and doesn't require ad-hoc multiplayer with another exploited PSP/Vita to work. With my PSTV being on 3.50, that should work yes? And via that I'll be able to play PSP titles? Mostly because I want to buy Ultimate Ghosts n Goblins (and play OG Lumines) but it's not available in the AU/EU store :/

I have a question which also is a problem...

I have a Vita-1000 with FW3.18 and recently I bought Vita TV which I updated to FW3.55 so I can play latest games.

Previously I had 2 memories, the original 4Gb with 3.18 and another 16Gb with 3.18

I was planning to keep the 16Gb one on Vita-1000 and the 4Gb one on Vita TV, so I just made a backup of 16Gb using QCMA

The problem is when I updated Vita TV to FW3.55 I was thinking there was the 4Gb memory inside but it was the 16Gb one...
So my question is what happens if I put that memory on Vita-1000 ? still FW3.18 or FW3.55 ?
Firmware is memorized on the memory card or into the internal memory ?

Top Bottom