• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita "hacked," (PSP) homebrew on the way (not piracy)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
rJ0UE.jpg

I forgot how it ran at 333 mhz on PSP so don't ask. But there's slow down when there's a lot of cars on screen

Skyzard

Banned
^ Great on Vita too.

If you are using the ftp program - make sure you limit transfers to one at a time or the files will get corrupted, from my experience anyway.

Put as many as you want as long as the names are different.

Having you tried booting the game up with M33 mode? (hold R when booting up the iso) Not sure this will work but I've seen it suggested before.

Just tried it. Doesn't work. when I choose to start a mission, it will default back to the 2nd menu screen. if i try and start a mission again, then it will hang. This is just plain weird. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Thanks to those that leaked the games name early otherwise I wouldn't have gotten in on the goodness :)

Maybe now I can get some enjoyment out of this system.

Question;

I downloaded Mad Blocker Alpha yesterday through "Media Go"on my PC, is there any way to move it over to my Vita? I'm using CMA but it's not seeing anything. What am I doing wrong?

Question;

I downloaded Mad Blocker Alpha yesterday through "Media Go"on my PC, is there any way to move it over to my Vita? I'm using CMA but it's not seeing anything. What am I doing wrong?

Stuff downloaded in Media Go can't be transferred to Vita at all :(

And to the above, I'm getting about the same FTP speeds as Wario.

As far as SNES goes, I guess it depends on the games. I can play Link to the Past at full speed with no frameskip or anything. Chrono Trigger worked fine once I tinkered with it -- transparencies might be whacky though.

B.K.

Does it just work as long as you put the files in the right place (presumably with the FTP app?) and put the 1 by the plugin in GAME.TXT?

Do it just like a PSP. Put the livepatch folder and all the files needed for the plugin in the root of the system. Put ms0:/livepatch/livepatch.prx 1 in the GAME.txt file. Make SEPLUGINS folder and put the GAME.txt there. Put it in the exploit game's save folder, too.

I don't really know if the SEPLUGINS folder is needed. I've read different things at Wololo's forums. That's just what's working for me and I'm not going to change it while it's working.

Aeana

Do it just like a PSP. Put the livepatch folder and all the files needed for the plugin in the root of the system. Put ms0:/livepatch/livepatch.prx 1 in the GAME.txt file. Make SEPLUGINS folder and put the GAME.txt there. Put it in the exploit game's save folder, too.

I don't really know if the SEPLUGINS folder is needed. I've read different things at Wololo's forums. That's just what's working for me and I'm not going to change it while it's working.

Is the only way to access the filesystem like that via FTP?

Toki767

Can't seem to get the cwcheat plugin to work. Or is that confirmed to not work?

demigod

This is how the inside of the exploit folder should look right?
Can't get FTP or anything else to show up on TN read through the thread and I'm sure I've done everything right...halp!

iblk9pTHyJlwHO.PNG

Unzip the INSTALL.ZIP in there. Take all the files (4 of them - data, icon0, param, and eboot) and place them together in a folder called FTP (make sure its caps). Place THAT folder into a folder called GAME (again, caps) and place THAT folder into a folder called PSP (caps).

So you should have PSP > GAME > FTP > inside are 4 files.

Take the root PSP file and compress it to a ZIP file by right-clicking it. You will get a file called PSP.zip. Change this to PSP.ZIP (zip to caps). Once you have this PSP.ZIP, put it in the save game folder where your exploit is. Use CMA to transfer it to your Vita (overwrite when prompted -- size should be bigger than before).

Run the Mini and it should pop up.

Let me know if this works for you.

Damnit what gives? I did exactly like these 2 and my FTP doesn't show up after going into Mad Blocker Alpha, I see all my other games though. /rage

Top Bottom