• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow, that sounds really cool. I miss single player content in fighters. Seems like they are mostly onlinecentric now.

The devs seem to want it to go online (e.g. profile building with costumes, colors and gem loadouts in SFxT, avatar-centric lobby system in MK) while the tourney players want features and focus for offline versus play, so unfortunately single player fighter folks get left behind most of the time.

The story mode in MK is a decent length and is a fun retelling of MK1-3, but after you're done there's no reason to go back to it. The challenge towers are decent pick up and play distractions when you're commuting and on the go like me. Though be warned that some challenges can be a pain even with prior fighting game experience because for some challenges, those skills won't even translate. You can skip a challenge by using Gold accumulated through any of the game modes though, so if you're completely stuck there's that option.

Overall it's the best fighter on the Vita in terms of single player content for sure, but after the story mode is done the challenge towers are all you've got, no card collecting Heroes and Heralds type mode where you hope to fight and collect cards to try different effects. You certainly fight a lot in the challenge tower, but it's mostly made up of silly minigames that may or may not get tiresome depending on your tastes. It's not the prettiest looking fighter on the Vita at all (think PSP graphical prowess) but it plays like and contains everything the console versions had minus the lobby system for online group play.

I would also recommend looking into the Blazblue game for the Vita as the console versions have long dialogue heavy story modes, but I can't personally vouch for the Vita version as I haven't played it.

Is there enough of an online community for SFxT and UMVC3?

I can usually get a match in UMvC3 but the quality of the matches vary. I don't know about SFxT as I don't have it.

Edit: I got top of the page so I guess obligatory "BUY PERSONA 4 GOLDEN" goes here.

Bittercup

So, don't buy Touch my Katamari. It's very, very disappointing.
Good to know, thanks. I was considering buying the game for the holidays. Maybe later then with a price drop.

And arguably Me&My Katamari is the better game (on Vita, it works with Dual-Sticks, so it's a "proper" Katamari experience), for similar price (they're both 20$ now?).
How is the difficulty in Me&My Katamari? Katamari Forever made me worried. I want my Katamari games relaxing and easy :D

Oh and I can't find the game on the Vita store. On my PS3 it's in the PSP section. Could this be a problem?

Number45

I've just noticed that I get an option to download Uncarded from the SEN store on the PC. Weird, I didn't think we could do anything with Vita downloads on the PC?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I've just noticed that I get an option to download Uncarded from the SEN store on the PC. Weird, I didn't think we could do anything with Vita downloads on the PC?

Well the SEN store launched a week ago or something. Possible that downloads to PC are now possible. Cant try though as US accounts are not yet supported.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is there enough of an online community for SFxT and UMVC3?

The first, yes: It's cross-play with the PS3 version so the community won't die.

The second, no: It's mostly dead and full of rage quitters and since it's not cross-play it's only dying.
---

Anyway, got the human shield trophy: Have to press X RIGHT BEFORE the yellow triangle notification comes up apparently. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?

At least that gets some of the hard ones out of the way. Just have to mop up. But I gotta do that human shield again on PS3/AC3. :/

staticshade

Neo Member
The first, yes: It's cross-play with the PS3 version so the community won't die.

The second, no: It's mostly dead and full of rage quitters and since it's not cross-play it's only dying.
---

Anyway, got the human shield trophy: Have to press X RIGHT BEFORE the yellow triangle notification comes up apparently. Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?

At least that gets some of the hard ones out of the way. Just have to mop up. But I gotta do that human shield again on PS3/AC3. :/

Is the vita version of umvc3 really not cross play ? Is there a vitagaf fighting thread or are they just merged with the console versions ?

vdlow

Did you like Uncharted: Golden Abyss? Well, it looks like developers Bend are working on another, if information taken from three separate job adverts posted today can be extrapolated to fit. Of course, they could be working on absolutely anything, but considering past experience, a gap in the market for another title and – well – the descriptions, it’s likely that this is for another Uncharted.

The three new roles are for a Senior Staff Environment Artist, a Senior Staff Artist and a Senior Staff Character Animator, all at their Oregon head office.

Between them, they mention things like “organic and inorganic terrain” and “architectural elements”, “textures and setup shaders that mimic real word properties like metal and cloth” and the animator is to work on “characters, weapons, vehicles and everything else” and “cinematic sequences including acting, facial animation and lip-syncing”.

This is likely to be an existing IP, due to an “established direction” and “engine guidelines”.

Oh, and if you want a bonus job description – this one for a Senior Director of Brand Marketing mentions “next gen software” – wonder what that could be all about…

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/12/10/job-adverts-suggest-bend-are-working-on-another-uncharted-for-vita/

YAY!

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Well guess It's safe to say no crackle,crunchyroll or hulu this year. Weird they never mentioned again.

Crunchyroll is probably for the best. I'd hate to have my Vita hard lock all the time (like the PS3 does whenever I use it). Maybe in a couple more months, we can enjoy stable, colourful episodes of Gintama.

Carl

Another developer that deems itself too good for handheld programming? That "next gen hardware" bit is a bit unsettling.

Not really. Bend higher ups have said a ton of times that they want to stick mainly to handhelds to keep the team small.

1) What is wake up club and why do people want it?
2) Do people think that Killzone 3 players should be able to download some maps/modes (for free) from Killzone mercenary and have cross play there? That would mainly ensure the community never goes dead and you can always find new games, while still keeping some modes/maps just on vita.

It could also mean Syphon Filter.

I'm hoping it makes an uncharted 2 type jump. Shed most of the boring jungle and tomb areas for more urban environments. Really show what the Vita can or can't do.

With full on co-op/competitive multiplayer with some maps being cross playable with PS3?

Well guess It's safe to say no crackle,crunchyroll or hulu this year. Weird they never mentioned again.

http://techcrunch.com/2012/06/04/so...ita-will-get-hulu-plus-and-crackle-apps-soon/

Was announced at E3 as coming soon and nothing yet. Crackle would be welcome, the PS3 app is pretty good. There's also ESPN, nhl, mlb apps there though that screen might be for ps3 as well (even though ESPN is not on PS3 yet either).

We were also promised comics

NGP will be able to play PSP titles, minis, PS one classics, video and comics from the PlayStation Store.

Presumably from a new, improved comic/manga store from the psp, but....yeah.

Carl

I'm hoping it makes an uncharted 2 type jump. Shed most of the boring jungle and tomb areas for more urban environments. Really show what the Vita can or can't do.

Fuck that, that's exactly what i don't want. Stick to jungles and rural areas. It's what made Uncharted 1 the best game in the PS3 series, and what made GA the best game overall.

If they change it Uncharted 2 style i'll still buy it, but i won't enjoy it :(

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Fuck that, that's exactly what i don't want. Stick to jungles and rural areas. It's what made Uncharted 1 the best game in the PS3 series, and what made GA the best game overall.

You enjoyed Vita games?

Toma

I hope they do a complete 180 and make point and click adventure focused on puzzles and talking to npc, exploration etc

As much as I'd love an original Adventure game on Vita... that is not going to happen. Especially not with Uncharted.

Number45

As much as I enjoyed Uncharted, I'd really love something new.

Well the SEN store launched a week ago or something. Possible that downloads to PC are now possible. Cant try though as US accounts are not yet supported.
It just downloads a small text file, but then I don't have the CMA installed here.

Derrick01

Banned
With full on co-op/competitive multiplayer with some maps being cross playable with PS3?

Pfft nah I was just talking about single player. Who cares about MP?

Uncharted 1 is the "worst" game in the series with golden abyss just ahead of it so yeah I'm all for the urban stuff or snow/desert from 2 and 3. Anything but more boring tombs in jungles. Far Cry 3 put a permanent do not want on that stuff.

Gamespawn

Don't know if this is old, but apparently the web browser can now open the youtube app for playing videos. You can also use the browser to control youtube on your PS3. All info is on the last page og the Vita Hardware thread.

Carl

Uncharted 1 is the "worst" game in the series with golden abyss just ahead of it so yeah I'm all for the urban stuff or snow/desert from 2 and 3. Anything but more boring tombs in jungles. Far Cry 3 put a permanent do not want on that stuff.

Hell nooo. Uncharted 1 is the best, 2 and 3 are complete naff compared to that. Tombs and jungles are so much more fun :)

Anyone else looking forward to Big Sky Infinity this week? #YOPO and free on EU PS+. Looks great.

Toma

Hell nooo. Uncharted 1 is the best, 2 and 3 are complete naff compared to that. Tombs and jungles are so much more fun :)

Anyone else looking forward to Big Sky Infinity this week? #YOPO and free on EU PS+. Looks great.

You didnt play the PC game, right?
The PC game at least fell into the iOS upgrade-athon game trap and had some cheap deaths (Invisiblebarriers anyone?). That Infinity trailer looked great though, we'll see.

At least the game is really nice to look at.

Wow.. so close to biting on that.

I'm hoping it drops to $60 one of these days.

If one of these days is "one of these days in several years", then maybe you can hold out hope... otherwise, I think you're boned. The lowest it's been consistently is in the high 70/low 80 range, to my knowledge.

Also Rayman is very tempting as its also in a sale but with addition PS+ discount. Does that addition discount mean its unlikely to be a free PS+ game for a while? It is also a launch game after all.

Buy Rayman at the discount. It's a phenomenal game. It's so good that I rebought it and replatinumed it on Vita after having bought and platinumed on PS3 and bought for PC. Totally worth it.

The new PSN store is kinda awful, on my PS3 at least. So damn laggy.

Yes it is. It sucks ass. The search function is better, but the navigation is also terrible. I was trying to buy the UMvC3 complete costume pack back during the spend $60 get $10 promo and couldn't find it by browsing, I had to search to get there.

Don't know if or when it will be a PS+ game but I didn't want to wait and bought it a few days ago. I'm having a blast playing it and it offers lots of content and replay value if you want to master the challenges, find hidden stuff and so on. Can't go wrong with it at its current price.

Exactly.

Just get rayman,it plays and looks so well on the VITA and seems like a game made specifically for it,easily the best SP version

Again, exactly! While I don't know that I agree with the best SP version, I do agree that the game is fantastic and should be bought for that price. Hell, I already sold my cart, but I'll buy it again (digitally) if it ever hits sub $15 for PSN+ in NA.

I can usually get a match in UMvC3 but the quality of the matches vary. I don't know about SFxT as I don't have it.

I was able to get matches in SFxT pretty easy, but UMvC3 was a no go. When I first got my Vita this summer and had UMvC3 on the cart, I could find enough matches to get my 5 in a row trophy, but recently, I've had no luck finding people, at least not in H&H mode or casual room search.

Is the vita version of umvc3 really not cross play ? Is there a vitagaf fighting thread or are they just merged with the console versions ?

Not crossplay. The only fighter that is is SFxT, I think.
And I think it's just one general OT for UMvC3 -- I went in there to ask about getting my save off the cart (which before PS+ was impossible and I had already sold my card, unfortunately).

Definitely. This would be ideal.

Fucking fuck no. I wish they'd somehow make some competent TPS for Sony platforms that could pick up the "we're missing a cover based shooter a la Gears of War, so this will do" mantle and run with it. If it's another Uncharted 2, I'll probably get it at a discount, platinum it in a week, then hate it while everyone else heaps accolades on it like it's the second coming of the saviour. UGH.

Even though you hate me, sometimes I think we were separated at birth.
D:
:D

As much as I'd love an original Adventure game on Vita... that is not going to happen. Especially not with Uncharted.

Ahahaha, after Uncarded, anything could happen.
I'm waiting for the Uncharted SRPG.

Carl

You didnt play the PC game, right?
The PC game at least fell into the iOS upgrade-athon game trap and had some cheap deaths (Invisiblebarriers anyone?). That Infinity trailer looked great though, we'll see.

At least the game is really nice to look at.

No, i don't play PC games. Even then, can't complain for free :)

Even though you hate me, sometimes I think we were separated at birth.
D:
:D

What? I don't hate you :p Good to see you know what you're talking about with regard to Uncharted! ;)

Hellraider

Guys I have a vita saves related question.I am sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find a definitive answer.Also apologise if this is not the appropriate thread.

So, can you transfer a save from the digital version to a retail game (either being cartridge saved or memory stick saved)?

I am interested in purchasing a couple of months of PLUS.The thing is I will definitely not be a regular subscriber so I want to be able to continue my progress (including trophies) to my retail game.

I know there is cloud and I suppose that alternating between a digital and retail version while on plus would not be a problem.But what when the subscription runs out?

Toma

Alundra quote from a Gaffer in the PS1 impressions thread:

Alundra
--
Action-RPG(2d). One player, saves (1 block). Alundra is an action-RPG in the Zelda mold. The game is by some of the staff behind Landstalker, and while I definitely don't think it's as good as Landstalker, it is a pretty good game in its own right. This game does not really play much like Landstalker, with more Zelda or Mana-style stuff in it than that game. It also does not share Landstalker's signature isometric viewpoint. It does have platform jumping and some similar art though, so there are a few similarities. The game is entirely top-down 2d, which is great. The visuals look very nice. This game is mostly set in and around this one town, where the dreamwalker Alundra has ended up. He has the ability to enter peoples' dreams, and is here to stop a demon invading the real and dream worlds. The visuals and story are both dark and depressing; there's not much happiness to be found in this town, or in this game. The game borders on being overly depressing, really -- expect a high body count and little happiness. The gameplay is good though, with areas to explore, items to find, puzzles to solve, and monsters to fight. The game has some fairly difficult puzzles in it, and some equally challenging combat at times, so it won't be easy, but it is always well designed. This game has a good reputation, and it deserves it.

Just buy it already!

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
CopyCat said:
How is the difficulty in Me&My Katamari? Katamari Forever made me worried. I want my Katamari games relaxing and easy :D
I'm not sure I'd call any Katamari "relaxing" if you play for completion, but I'd say Me&My Katamari is more forgiving than others, by the nature of being playable without analog controls on PSP.
It also has the best end-credits minigame of the series IMO. :p

What? I don't hate you :p Good to see you know what you're talking about with regard to Uncharted! ;)

You don't?!
I know, I know... Grim's the only one who actively hates me... D:

Guys I have a vita saves related question.I am sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find a definitive answer.Also apologise if this is not the appropriate thread.

So, can you transfer a save from the digital version to a retail game (either being cartridge saved or memory stick saved)?

I am interested in purchasing a couple of months of PLUS.The thing is I will definitely not be a regular subscriber so I want to be able to continue my progress (including trophies) to my retail game.

I know there is cloud and I suppose that alternating between a digital and retail version while on plus would not be a problem.But what when the subscription runs out?

General statements first.

Yes. With plus, for sure. But even so with most other games... the only game I ran into where I *couldn't* was UMvC3... but now with PS+, even that should be possible.

With most games, back them up (or just leave the bubble).
If you want to delete the bubble to clean the card off, fine, but restore your backup afterwards.
Then download your digital copy and it will install and everything should integrate. I've done this with SFxT, Gravity Rush, and WipEout 2048.
For card based games, you must have the card in the slot while attempting backup. Just ensure that the backup files on your computer/ps3 have the save file included.

If you're a plus member, just upload the save to the cloud, delete the bubble install the digital version, then pull the save down from the cloud.
Again, if it's a card based game originally, you'll have to have it in the card slot to upload to PS+ cloud.

Specific to you.
Just back up your digital game to PC.
I believe you can then transfer it to cart.
Or upload to PS+ cloud, delete digital copy, insert card, download PS+ save from cloud.
Either should work -- just do the second method right before your PS+ runs out.

With all that said, being a regular subscriber to PS+ is one of the easiest and best decisions I've ever made.
Hope you'll maybe reconsider after you have it for a bit. ;)

Takao

Banned
ruh oh

Latest episode in 1.2 Million selling game series heading to PlayStation®3 for Summer 2013.

Special Christmas offer on digital download of ONE PIECE: PIRATE WARRIORS and all DLC this December 12-26th via PlayStation®Network

NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe S.A.S. today announced that the next game based on the global smash ONE PIECE manga and anime, ONE PIECE: PIRATE WARRIORS 2, is coming to PlayStation®3 in summer 2013.

Developed by Omega/Tecmo Koei, ONE PIECE: PIRATE WARRIORS 2, will come packed with piratical new features. Players will step into the shoes of characters including Luffy, Sanji and Zoro and join the rest of the irrepressible Straw Hat crew for all new adventures in the “New World” story. The game will also feature previously unreleased stages such as Skypiea and new characters including Eneru for the first time ever on PS3.

The successful ongoing collaboration between TECMO KOEI GAMES and NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc. has resulted in sales of the first opus, ONE PIECE: PIRATE WARRIORS, reaching in excess of 1.2 million units worldwide. The collaboration combines the leading manga franchise with top fighting action to create the perfect ONE PIECE video game experience.

To celebrate 1.2 million sales of ONE PIECE: PIRATE WARRIORS, NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe is pleased to offer a special discount exclusively on the digital version of the game and on all the downloadable content released so far. This special “digifest” promotion will be available via PlayStation®Network from December 12-26th, so be sure to bag the perfect pirate gift this Christmas.

“I am very pleased and proud to say that we have successfully shipped 1.2 million units of ONE PIECE: PIRATE WARRIORS worldwide, and we are glad to continue working on this fantastic franchise with ONE PIECE: PIRATE WARRIORS 2 to keep all the fans happy,” said Koji Nakajima, producer of ONE PIECE games at NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc. “It’s thanks to all of you, the people all over the world who bought the game, that I am able to announce this great news.”

ONE PIECE: PIRATE WARRIORS 2 will feature the best-loved characters from the latest anime series. Using the simple controls from the Dynasty Warriors series, players will be able to enjoy a fresh gameplay experience, including battles against boss characters such as Eneru which are made possible only by incorporating these control features.

ONE PIECE: PIRATE WARRIORS 2 for PlayStation®3 is coming in summer 2013.

http://www.uk.namcobandaigames.eu/n...rope-unveils-one-piece-pirate-warriors-2/3270

VanWinkle

Its fine that you feel that way, but you also must know that the vast majority of gamers disagree with you, so it wouldn't make sense for them to appeal only to the small minority who liked Uncharted 1 better than 2.

Toma

Its fine that you feel that way, but you also must know that the vast majority of gamers disagree with you, so it wouldn't make sense for them to appeal only to the small minority who liked Uncharted 1 better than 2.

Well, I liked UC2 more than UC1, but that wasnt due to the setting :p What I want from this series are huge temple areas.

Carl

They should make a game especially for me.

Bittercup

I'm not sure I'd call any Katamari "relaxing" if you play for completion, but I'd say Me&My Katamari is more forgiving than others, by the nature of being playable without analog controls on PSP.
It also has the best end-credits minigame of the series IMO. :p
Yeah I never had much ambition to collect everything in Katamari. Just finish the levels in the time limit and get the Katamari as big as possible.
At least in the fist games the time limit was very generous that you always had spare time left to make it even bigger than possible. Together with the awesome soundtrack and the charming art style that was relaxing and fun for me :D
If that's the same for Me & my Katamari I'll buy it, thanks :)

If this was the case, then Uncharted Golden Abyss would've been more like 2. How better to sell a system but than to channel the most "beloved" game in a franchise? But they didn't... (so kudos to Bend for having a vision and sticking with it.)
Yes, a vast majority of people like Uncharted 2 best in the series (I'll withhold nasty comments here ;) ) but the question that's most pertinent here while talking about Uncharted Vita 2 is this:

What do the Uncharted fans who own a Vita like best?
I suppose they could just blindly make another installment like 2, but unless they believe it will move systems in a way unseen yet for this console, their best bet, IMO, would be to make a sequel that most people who own a Vita will buy at full price day 1.

For the record, while most of the game was competent even if a bit too urban and action movie for me, there was only a few areas of Uncharted 2 that I thought were absolute garbage and are what ruined the game for me.
- Anything in Shambala was straight up trash.
- Included in this but needing it's own bullet is the final boss.
- The redux of the train crash. I hated climbing the damn thing in the first part and then you make me do it again with a slightly different perspective at times? Brilliant.

I still think they spent too much time focused on the multiplayer, which the game NEVER needed. Not everything needs an online mode; and while some games that make me say this turn out to have competent multiplayer (Dead Space 2, Mass Effect 3, etc.) there are games that do not (Uncharted 2, The Darkness, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom