• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBT85

I'd be happy if Bend made a new Uncharted that got the technical leap that U2 got over U1. But I liked GA a lot so I want something similar in play style.

EDIT:

I have no game sreenshots handy so take this!

6775628020_9b9bc3d918_b.jpg

2012-02-22-225522 by Darren Thomas, on Flickr

And buy LBP Vita!

bradigor

Just picked up Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed and while it looks a little worse than the console version in places, overall it is damn wonderful.

It still has that SEGA feel to it and is a joy to play.

Wonko_C

Hell nooo. Uncharted 1 is the best, 2 and 3 are complete naff compared to that. Tombs and jungles are so much more fun :)

Anyone else looking forward to Big Sky Infinity this week? #YOPO and free on EU PS+. Looks great.

So much right in a single sentence. After beating them, I had no desire to replay U2 & 3, not so with Uncharted 1, which I replayed thrice.

Is Big Sky Infinity coming to US PSN? I loved that game on PC, then stopped playing it when they changed the game over music to some creepy broken-sounding barf. :/

Sid

If this was the case, then Uncharted Golden Abyss would've been more like 2.
Yes, a vast majority of people like Uncharted 2 best in the series (I'll withhold nasty comments here ;) ) but the question that's most pertinent here while talking about Uncharted Vita 2 is this:

What do the Uncharted fans who own a Vita like best?
I suppose they could just blindly make another installment like 2, but unless they believe it will move systems in a way unseen yet for this console, their best bet, IMO, would be to make a sequel that most people who own a Vita will buy at full price day 1.
Launch game.

Shahed

Just picked up Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed and while it looks a little worse than the console version in places, overall it is damn wonderful.

I got it for PS3. It's mainly for local multiplayer, especially since the London lot are coming down for Christmas.

Thing is the game is already quite chaotic on a big screen. Would it not be hard to see things properly?

bradigor

I really want them to sort out the PSP library on the Vita, I am sure they are missing out on many sales with some of the price points.

I am still holding out for a God Of War game for the Vita at some point too, maybe even a Parappa The Rapper game that utilizes the touch screen, similar to something like a Elite Beat Agents.

My personal hope is still a NHL game, even if not a straight port, but something aimed more at the system itself. A management game maybe.

VanWinkle

If this was the case, then Uncharted Golden Abyss would've been more like 2.

Not really. I can totally see them not want to be so far reaching as to attempt to make an Uncharted 2-esque game at launch. Too daunting a task.

Yes, a vast majority of people like Uncharted 2 best in the series (I'll withhold nasty comments here ;) ) but the question that's most pertinent here while talking about Uncharted Vita 2 is this:

What do the Uncharted fans who own a Vita like best?
I suppose they could just blindly make another installment like 2, but unless they believe it will move systems in a way unseen yet for this console, their best bet, IMO, would be to make a sequel that most people who own a Vita will buy at full price day 1.

That doesn't make much sense though. Why would people who own a Vita/Golden Abyss be less likely to want their own "Uncharted 2" than people who owned a PS3/Drakes Fortune were? I think more people would buy a game like Uncharted 2 than another Golden Abyss/Uncharted 1. Same reason Uncharted 2 sold massively better than 1.

bradigor

I got it for PS3. It's mainly for local multiplayer, especially since the London lot are coming down for Christmas.

Thing is the game is already quite chaotic on a big screen. Would it not be hard to see things properly?

Not at all, that was a fear that it may be a tad busy, but it works really, really well. It's a shame it isn't cross-play as apart from a couple of graphical downgrades, it is like for like so far.

Sid

I really want them to sort out the PSP library on the Vita, I am sure they are missing out on many sales with some of the price points.

I am still holding out for a God Of War game for the Vita at some point too, maybe even a Parappa The Rapper game that utilizes the touch screen, similar to something like a Elite Beat Agents.

My personal hope is still a NHL game, even if not a straight port, but something aimed more at the system itself. A management game maybe.
For some reason I think VITA will get GT and GOW in 2014.

Whats the frame rate like and is the online popular.

Im interested in this but I think I would want it digitally however sony are doing there usual BS and selling it for £10 more on the PSN store than everywhere else for the physical copy. Just annoying.

bradigor

For some reason I think VITA will get GT and GOW in 2014.

As long as one at least gets announced sooner rather than later. Waiting isn't the issue with the Vita at the moment, it is the not knowing that is harming the reputation.

If they could announce some of the following

God Of War
Gran Turismo
MGS
New Uncharted
New Gravity Rush
MediEvil
Kingdom Hearts
Final Fantasy (ideally VII HD)
Jak & (or)Daxter
Syphon Filter

Then it would really start to stir some interest. Then they can bring about some much needed new IP and fresh ideas unique to the Vita, as they'd have the audience then too.

bradigor

Whats the frame rate like and is the online popular.

Im interested in this but I think I would want it digitally however sony are doing there usual BS and selling it for £10 more on the PSN store than everywhere else for the physical copy. Just annoying.

If I am being honest, I never really notice that sort of thing, unless it is awful drops in framerate. So here I can happily say, I have not noticed anything.

Online seems to be dead though, which is a shame. You can get it at £25-30 physically, so I'd suggest doing that instead, can't see it dropping on EU Store anytime soon.

I just picked it up from GAME, which was unfortunately one of the higher price points, but they had given me a slightly better trade price on Call Of Duty compared to HMV where it is slightly cheaper.

STG

Sucks for you. What browser.

everyone, because I am on linux

and sony is somehow blocking all browsers running on linux

I can switch to "mask as IE" in opera, and the shop works, but that is wrong and against everything that is right in the world!

VanWinkle

If I am being honest, I never really notice that sort of thing, unless it is awful drops in framerate. So here I can happily say, I have not noticed anything.

Online seems to be dead though, which is a shame. You can get it at £25-30 physically, so I'd suggest doing that instead, can't see it dropping on EU Store anytime soon.

I just picked it up from GAME, which was unfortunately one of the higher price points, but they had given me a slightly better trade price on Call Of Duty compared to HMV where it is slightly cheaper.

Hopefully when it comes out in the US it will pick up a little online.

Im tending to only buy games with staying power at the moment (after my binge at vita launch, oops) Got P4 on the way and PS+ for free games as and when. If the online is dead il have to pass on it.

Sure il get it in a year or so when it hits ps+ or something.

bradigor

To be fair, I have only tried once before taking my son to hockey training. So will report back on the online activity later and as someone else pointed out. The US don't have it yet, so that should kick it up a gear too.

On another point. I wonder if Sony would ever see fit to bring the PS2 Classics range to the Vita.

I'd be happy if Bend made a new Uncharted that got the technical leap that U2 got over U1. But I liked GA a lot so I want something similar in play style.

Technical leap? Never noticed it, to be honest. Thought it looked pretty much the same. I did notice some of the gameplay fixes, such as shooting while climbing and a couple other gameplay tweaks. I've always said if you ported the Uncharted 2 tweaks to gameplay to Uncharted, Uncharted 2 would no longer be better than Uncharted in any way. :)

SFxT has cross-platform play. You can play with PS3 owners. So, yes. ^_^

There are plenty of PSV players online too, and you can filter your opponents by system.

Most PS3 players will kick a Vita player, in my experience.

Edit: Since Carl is too lazy:

Using the Globox! I prefer blue myself, but still, respect!

I'll make you all play it.

BUY UNCARLTED.

This is... AWESOME.
Now we know what's next after Uncarded.

Launch game.

Bullshit. Launch game is not an excuse for not changing temple exploration to more areas with tons of enemies and cover if that's what the demographics wanted. I'm going with Bend made the Uncharted game they wanted to and that's that.

Not really. I can totally see them not want to be so far reaching as to attempt to make an Uncharted 2-esque game at launch. Too daunting a task.

That doesn't make much sense though. Why would people who own a Vita/Golden Abyss be less likely to want their own "Uncharted 2" than people who owned a PS3/Drakes Fortune were? I think more people would buy a game like Uncharted 2 than another Golden Abyss/Uncharted 1. Same reason Uncharted 2 sold massively better than 1.

For the first part, see above.
For the second part, I didn't say Vita owners necessarily would or would not like an Uncharted 2 type entry more. I said it depended on what the demographics of the people who bought the system were. So for example, if the number of people who thought Uncharted 2 was lower in the list somewhere than say Golden Abyss or Uncharted were a high percentage of Vita owners, then the likelihood of getting an Uncharted 2 based on the fact that the console owners loved it is less likely since the demographics of the installed user base would be far different than that of the console. Besides, if Naughty Dog or Bend cared about making what the fans wanted instead of making what they thought the game should be, you wouldn't see so much hate for Uncharted 3. ;)

Uncharted 2 also probably sold "massively better than 1" because by the time Uncharted 2 came out, another 2 years had passed and a lot new users were available. Combine the existing users who wanted a sequel to Uncharted with the new users who were looking for a TPS and it spells success. ;)

I can switch to "mask as IE" in opera, and the shop works, but that is wrong and against everything that is right in the world!

So it doesn't work in FF or Chrome?

diffusionx

Gold Member
If they could announce some of the following

God Of War
Gran Turismo
MGS
New Uncharted
New Gravity Rush
MediEvil
Kingdom Hearts
Jak & (or)Daxter
Syphon Filter

Then it would really start to stir some interest. Then they can bring about some much needed new IP and fresh ideas unique to the Vita, as they'd have the audience then too.

I really only think, from that list, GT, MGS, KH, and FF could bring the interest you want. I mean, obviously VII HD would be huge wherever. The other stuff on your list is pretty niche and probably relevant to Sony fans. Nobody is gonna line up to get a Vita after Medievil comes out.

BosSin

FF7HD would bring over a crap load of people to the Vita, if it were to be exclusive

bradigor

I really only think, from that list, GT, MGS, KH, and FF could bring the interest you want. I mean, obviously VII HD would be huge wherever. The other stuff on your list is pretty niche and probably relevant to Sony fans. Nobody is gonna line up to get a Vita after Medievil comes out.

Yeah, I put a couple of personal preferences in there.

But the ones you say have to be brought to the system. It shows intent from Sony.

Shahed

FF7HD would bring over a crap load of people to the Vita, if it were to be exclusive

There is no chance of that happening at all. In fact I wouldn't even want it to happen.

Give me Type-0 and sequels on Vita. leave FFVIIR and other games on consoles

Carl

Ah well, you can still use it :p

But shh, i wasn't supposed to tell anyone ;)

Why does your quote list me as "STG"? o_O

Indeed it would; if Sony wants success, it should be money-hatting this project. ;)

I don't know that any of those besides MGS has the pulling power to do that, at least in the west. A proper FF remake (FF X, as much as I hate it, would qualify) like FF7HD would nail it, but a new entry wouldn't move systems, I think. I'm not sure what kind of fanbase KH has, but I don't like the series much and as a general outsider to the games now, it seems like the series has been relegated to crappy handheld game hell. And while more people than I understand love GT (it's a good series, I suppose, if you're into that sort of thing), I don't know that it's a system seller.

dsigns1

And while more people than I understand love GT (it's a good series, I suppose, if you're into that sort of thing), I don't know that it's a system seller.
GT is definitely a system seller. I know because I bought a ps2 specifically for that game. Also stuck with ps3 because I knew a gt was coming. The only problem is many gt players use wheels. If there was a way to make a vita gt6 with cross save/play with the ps4? version I think people would be happy.

spannicus

save for later
Metal Gear Solid [tentative]
Konami
Compatible with PlayStation®Vita
US, No Region Protection / Action Adventure
Announced - Pre-orders opening soon

Took from Play-asia. could this mean something or am I delusional?

20$ on gamestop.com

But it's not digital, is it?

no firefox, no chrome, no chromium no opera

But that's too off-topic no I think

Hmmm, I have Ubuntu installed on my netbook and run FF/Chrome, so I think there are linux packages available... this way you don't have to betray your Opera by disguising it as IE. ;)

GT is definitely a system seller. I know because I bought a ps2 specifically for that game. Also stuck with ps3 because I knew a gt was coming. The only problem is many gt players use wheels. If there was a way to make a vita gt6 with cross save/play with the ps4? version I think people would be happy.

For some people I'm sure it is. But I'm guessing not in the "everyone and their mom will want one" type of numbers the Vita could really use.
I bought a PS2 for MGS2 and Devil May Cry.
I bought a PS3 for MGS4 (and foolishly bit the bullet when they killed BC)
But I know that MGS isn't entirely universal... so pinning a single game as a system seller is silly unless it's something like Halo or Super Mario Bros.

The real answer for Vita, at least in Japan, is Monster Hunter... bu that's not going to happen. As awesome as Soul Sacrifice looks, I don't know that it combined with RO and PSO2 will be enough to convince Japanese consumers to buy a Vita in addition to a Wii U/3DS for Monster Hunter 4.

Some sort of "back to classic survival horror" RE game might do something in all regions.
A metroidvania game might also help, a la Symphony of the Night.

VanWinkle

Bulls***. Launch game is not an excuse for not changing temple exploration to more areas with tons of enemies and cover if that's what the demographics wanted. I'm going with Bend made the Uncharted game they wanted to and that's that.

John Garvin (Bend Studios): "We needed a good plan to pull this off. We quickly realized we couldn't be a globetrotting Uncharted. Each new local would require new texture sets and models/assets and we didn't have the time or resources... too risky. Instead, we decided to focus our production energies on just a few locations, so we used Uncharted 2: Among Thieves as our quality and visual bar and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune as our location reference. Naughty Dog also likes to introduce new technology in every game they bring out, so we decided for environment graphics, we would try to achieve PS3-like water."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom