• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh look, Uncharted discussion is back.
i'd talk about one piece but nobody here wants that

Sony should give Golden Abyss 2 to nStigate
don't nstigate an argument now

ir1RNXCKoY3qk.jpg

top of page screen

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Anything interesting we know about to go online with tomorrows PS store update?
Other than the ZHP sale.

Guys, ZHP sale. Did I mention ZHP already? Kinda pumped for the game now.
zhp-darkdeath-evilman-vs-unlosing-ranger-anticipated-psp-games-q4-2010-2.jpg

don't nstigate an argument now

Every time you make a pun, you'll get a fish joke in your PSN mailbox now.

I keep thinking it does, but then catch myself.

UC:GA >UC1 > UC3 > UC2.
;)

Also, I just want to say that PS All Stars' online is like crack. Can't get enough.
I just wish Dante had some better options to approach opponents.

I've not played as Dante, but if he's like his new DmC incarnation, shouldn't he have the Angel and Demon pulls?

He doesn't have a teleport in the new game that I know of so that would leave:

Angel/Demon pull
Stinger
Maybe one of his gun moves

Does he not have any of this stuff? I know my friends who play the game like him and Raiden.

zulux21

Every time you make a pun, you'll get a fish joke in your PSN mailbox.

GTA SA will be added as a ps2 classic if that interests you
and rochard and SSF4AE will be free for plus users
Black Knight Sword (suda 51) is coming

for vita related stuff
big sky which I think is vita compatible is coming

if the sale leak from last week is true those would be of interest, but they weren't listed with the plus update which worries me unless they are going to have a later announcement for the winter sale that includes them.

GTA SA will be added as a ps2 classic if that interests you
and rochard and SSF4AE will be free for plus users
Black Knight Sword (suda 51) is coming

for vita related stuff
big sky which I think is vita compatible is coming

if the sale leak from last week is true those would be of interest, but they weren't listed with the plus update which worries me unless they are going to have a later announcement for the winter sale that includes them.

SSF4AE? Are you serious?

(If so, that's absolutely terrible... but I'll take another fighter I own digitally and sell my physical copy, I guess. I'd still rather have Vanquish or Batman though.)

kliklik

Banned
I hate Chloe.
And didn't they kind of start with an Archie-Betty-Veronica thing because Uncharted 2 starts out with Chloe and Nate in a bedroom as if something's going on there and he didn't stay with Elena after the original game? This way they were able to show "character development" or something where he realizes he cares about her when he thinks she's dead and then she's not so they go off into the sunset and get married or whatever at the end of Uncharted 2?

The defining feature of the Betty-Veronica-Archie triangle is that he never makes up his mind between them. They're constantly competing for his affections, and doing so consciously. That doesn't happen in Uncharted. Elena and Chloe are never in competition or fight with each other, and while Chloe introduces some tension, it's clear Nate wants to be with Elena. So it never becomes an Archie situation.

falconzss

The defining feature of the Betty-Veronica-Archie triangle is that he never makes up his mind between them. They're constantly competing for his affections, and doing so consciously. That doesn't happen in Uncharted. Elena and Chloe are never in competition or fight with each other, and while Chloe introduces some tension, it's clear Nate wants to be with Elena. So it never becomes an Archie situation.

That's the only way.

Elena <3

Vossler

recently had a trip to florida and rocked my vita the whole way. Amazing little system, and managed to grab most wanted for $20 on origin. Excited for that to come in...

zulux21

SSF4AE? Are you serious?

(If so, that's absolutely terrible... but I'll take another fighter I own digitally and sell my physical copy, I guess. I'd still rather have Vanquish or Batman though.)

yup I am being serious... I don't mind getting SSF4AE for free, though I already own normal super and am not a big fan... and the 18gb download size @_@

no vita games were announced with this update, meaning at the very least we won't be getting big sky for free with plus, hopefully we get something of interest for the vita as EU at least got an update that interested me for the vita this month. EU/NA both are garbage ps3 updates for me but alas there is always next month.

zulux21

they give you fightuh games because they have tonnes of dlc they can earn money off of

none of the DLC for SSF4AE is content dlc though is it, isn't it just some costumes?
Batman AC on the other hand has a ton of DLC that overall is way more expensive then just going out and buying the GOTY version.

Value wise I would rather Have SSF4AE, that being said I would have preferred blazblue or persona 4 arena if I was going to get a fighting game :/

Is it bad I am half expecting NA to get ultimate capcom vs marvel as a free vita game this month now? (I wouldn't mind this though as I don't plan on buying marvel vs capcom unless I can get it for $5 or so, and even then I only plan to goof around with Phoenix Wright for 3-4 matches and never play it again thus it would be a great free game for me lol)

Thats exactly what its about.

yup... gotta love nis ^^

OmegaZero

I've not played as Dante, but if he's like his new DmC incarnation, shouldn't he have the Angel and Demon pulls?

He doesn't have a teleport in the new game that I know of so that would leave:

Angel/Demon pull
Stinger
Maybe one of his gun moves.

He doesn't have Angel or Demon pull.
Triangle is dedicated to E&I attacks, but they don't cause any sort of stun whatsoever.
Stinger is his Lv2 super.

All I have is empty-canceling and Angel Dash for movement options, really.

Not liking AC:L? I started it briefly and it seemed okay, but stopped playing once I heard of the bugs. Waiting for a patch.

And VLR is fantastic. Best game on Vita, although Gravity Rush is pretty good as well.

I love the novel part but some of the riddles are really pissing me off.

Fair enough.

That's the only way.

Elena <3

Highest of fives!

I don't think it's underrated. Underappreciated, maybe ;)

True. Shatter is an amazing little gem.

He doesn't have Angel or Demon pull.
Triangle is dedicated to E&I attacks, but they don't cause any sort of stun whatsoever.
Stinger is his Lv2 super.

All I have is empty-canceling and Angel Dash for movement options, really.

Gross.
I'm so sorry.

none of the DLC for SSF4AE is content dlc though is it, isn't it just some costumes?
Batman AC on the other hand has a ton of DLC that overall is way more expensive then just going out and buying the GOTY version.

Value wise I would rather Have SSF4AE, that being said I would have preferred blazblue or persona 4 arena if I was going to get a fighting game :/

Is it bad I am half expecting NA to get ultimate capcom vs marvel as a free vita game this month now? (I wouldn't mind this though as I don't plan on buying marvel vs capcom unless I can get it for $5 or so, and even then I only plan to goof around with Phoenix Wright for 3-4 matches and never play it again thus it would be a great free game for me lol)

Just more games I can download digitally and sell. I haven't played AE in a good 6+ months. At least if we got UMvC3 free eventually I could get my buddy to play with me again as the physical copy he borrowed was taken back by his friend.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
His long monologue at the end about how it's ok to kill little old ladies because they're close to death anyway was a bit over the top in "oh btw, I'm the bad guy fyi". I really expected him to go on to say that kittens taste good with ketchup, but not as good as barbecued babies.

I don't recall that li--

--Oh, you mean the "only old people go to museums" line. I thought that was more snark about Drake's worry about the
radiation gold
getting out than anything.

Is this trailer supposed to be a parody? Or was this the game's real marketing strategy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wn6NYU7QeU

That's how Atlus marketed Disgaea 1, IIRC, and since then NISA has copied it.

kliklik

Banned
I don't recall that li--

--Oh, you mean the "only old people go to museums" line. I thought that was more snark about Drake's worry about the
radiation gold
getting out than anything.

and "I'm going to have this littered through the black market before you can say have you had that mole checked"

Basically, bwahah I am going to cause lots of cancer! Btw I'm evil fyi!

His reveal was a bit overwrought is what I'm saying.

Ugh, seems vita suffers from the same thing DS did when it first came out of publishers adding touch shit just to add it. Dynasty warrior seems pretty good except for all the pointless touchscreen shit that pops up while playing it. So unnecessary. :/

Edit: And holy fuck are the demos big in size, so painful on a 4GB stick. :/

Derrick01

Banned
Ugh, seems vita suffers from the same thing DS did when it first came out of publishers adding touch shit just to add it. Dynasty warrior seems pretty good except for all the pointless touchscreen shit that pops up while playing it. So unnecessary. :/

Same impression I got from the demo. Some touch command wipes out an entire packed base in one hit and I was like "well...I won't be using that again" and the final boss of the stage being all touch was unspeakably horrible.

Speaking of that game was the demo a poor representation of it? The level was really really small and I probably finished it in 5 minutes at most. The kill count was really low compared to the recent console games too which could either be due to the smaller levels or Vita not being able to handle as many enemies at once.

Shai-Tan

Banned
ZHP is a superhero comedy/parody. That's pretty much what you're getting. I thought it was a good game but it didn't blow me away.

Lan_97

So I ordered a 32gb card, is there any use for the 4gb card anymore? Feels like a waste considering the memory costs.

Same impression I got from the demo. Some touch command wipes out an entire packed base in one hit and I was like "well...I won't be using that again" and the final boss of the stage being all touch was unspeakably horrible.

Speaking of that game was the demo a poor representation of it? The level was really really small and I probably finished it in 5 minutes at most. The kill count was really low compared to the recent console games too which could either be due to the smaller levels or Vita not being able to handle as many enemies at once.

Ya, it wasn't so awful with the stuff but even the other gauge it seemed like you couldn't control it with the screen like they insinuated and seemed like a waste. (Muosu bar?) And the boss just felt awful with the awkward swiping and tapping. Everything else seemed fine though.

This is your Vita's way of telling you it wants a 32gb card for Christmas/Hannukah/Kwanza/Boxing Day/Festivus.

Well I'm not sure where I'd get that expensive of a gift but if an anonymous gaffer sent one for festivus I wouldn't complain! :D

:p

Other than the ZHP sale.

Guys, ZHP sale. Did I mention ZHP already? Kinda pumped for the game now.
zhp-darkdeath-evilman-vs-unlosing-ranger-anticipated-psp-games-q4-2010-2.jpg

Every time you make a pun, you'll get a fish joke in your PSN mailbox now.

Is this trailer supposed to be a parody? Or was this the game's real marketing strategy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wn6NYU7QeU

Thats exactly what its about.

It's amazing isn't it?

A thing of beauty.

OH HEY DID SOMEONE MENTION ZHP IN HERE?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
My PS+ saves do not seem to auto-upload even though I have that setting checked.

Do I actually have to go into Content Manager and check that box as well?
I thought the PSN setting would just make it so for all games?

Lan_97

My PS+ saves do not seem to auto-upload even though I have that setting checked.

Do I actually have to go into Content Manager and check that box as well?
I thought the PSN setting would just make it so for all games?
I think you may have to check the individual box in content manager and not have that game on standby for it to auto upload. At least that's what's been working for me.

You can download Japan only demos to it ;)
Hmm, I will look into this. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom