• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's a shame we're not getting the HD collection, we have got Ratchet and Clank: FFA (Q force). Cross buy with the PS3 version for $20, I'm surprised we haven't seen more about it in this thread.

Edit: The Vita version isn't out? But the PS3 version is. How does the cross buy work then?

Buy PS3 version, get Vita version free when it releases.
Granted, by then you've probably finished the PS3 version and moved on. ;)

Derrick01

Banned
Listening to some Music Unlimited tunes in the background during my crushing run of Uncharted.

Great stuff.

And yeah Sly 4 looks fantastic on Vita. Really looking forward to that. Probably won't play it at all on PS3. Really want a full proper 3D platformer on this thing :D

I'll be getting it on Vita too because I'm not spending $60 on a platformer, especially one that is as easy as the Sly series has been.

Carl

I'll be getting it on Vita too because I'm not spending $60 on a platformer, especially one that is as easy as the Sly series has been.

Nothing wrong with an easy platformer. I'll probably buy it on PS3 even though i'll never play the PS3 version. Sly deserves the support and love <3

Onemic

Does anyone know if games can be traded in without a case? I wanna trade in AC3:L but it didn't come in anything with my Vita bundle.

Takao

Banned
MGS-PeaceWalker-Walkman92658.jpg

PW had such a big marketing campaign for a handheld game. A shame it tanked. : (

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
MGS-PeaceWalker-Walkman92658.jpg

PW had such a big marketing campaign for a handheld game. A shame it tanked. : (

It was a great game too. Maybe people were too disappointed by Portable Ops before it.

zulux21

Does anyone know if games can be traded in without a case? I wanna trade in AC3:L but it didn't come in anything with my Vita bundle.

gamestop will take it without a case, and it currently is worth $20 at gamestop as long as you are a rewards member (even the free version just need to be a member, the pro still gets 10% more on top of that so $22 total)

Through to Chapter 13 in Uncharted: GA now, and wow, this game is fantastic. I'm really enjoying it. Only bugbear is some of those touch-screen gestures that don't seem to register sometimes. Last night, cutting one of the sheets/canvas things, it threw up a gesture I'd never seen before, and despite feeling like I was inputting it correctly, it took about 5-6 tries to register.

Loving the experience though, and so much collection!

Very unlike R&C, both in single player and multiplayer. The GF and I are both huge R&C fans, but have been left a bit disappointed by this.. Haven't played it since we picked it up on launch.

Same difference, depending on region.

Ratchet and Clank hasn't really been the same since it hit PS3. I thought maybe my nostalgia was clouding my judgement, but I just recently platinumed the original on the HD collection and it by far is better than any R&C I've played on PS3 (A4O, aCiT, TfD, QfB, etc.). In this vein, I did not decide to give my $ to FFA/Q-Force and I didn't even have to play a demo to decide that. :)

The only game I haven't played is Size Matters.

Ratchet and Clank hasn't really been the same since it hit PS3. I thought maybe my nostalgia was clouding my judgement, but I just recently platinumed the original on the HD collection and it by far is better than any R&C I've played on PS3 (A4O, aCiT, TfD, QfB, etc.). In this vein, I did not decide to give my $ to FFA/Q-Force and I didn't even have to play a demo to decide that. :)

The only game I haven't played is Size Matters.

I've quite enjoyed the PS3 editions and the addition of co-op in A4O really sat well with us. We literally knocked that game over in a few days and loved it. Puzzle solving in ACiT and the general feel of the game was great too I thought.

Size Matters was also enjoyable IMO and worth a look.

You're definitely not missing anything by skipping Q-Force, however. It's literally a bunch of arenas and in our experience, it's glitchy and it's tedious.

Takao

Banned
I'm surprised that hot Walkman crossover branding didn't work out for them

lol I used the Walkman cross marketing as an example for the overall push the game got. Kojima went on a worldwide tour for the game. There were Doritos, and AXE (lol) product placement in it. Tonnes of stuff you'd never see for a handheld game.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

I think Kerrak is now on a quest to get me to fall. His last maps were insane (though I still managed to solve them so far).

Onemic

gamestop will take it without a case, and it currently is worth $20 at gamestop as long as you are a rewards member (even the free version just need to be a member, the pro still gets 10% more on top of that so $22 total)

Sweet. I think I'll either get SFxT or p4G....or LBGV with it

So I have an interview with the English localization team behind Let's Fish Hooked On and also the Japanese developers if I'm lucky - what are questions I might not think of to ask?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
So I have an interview with the English localization team behind Let's Fish Hooked On and also the Japanese developers if I'm lucky - what are questions I might not think of to ask?
Just a big NintendoWhyGuy.jpg

To expand on that: Genuinely curious for some insight into how they choose to localize a game.

Grisby

Yay. I beat Jet Set Radio today. Never did manage to beat the original on the dreamcast all those years ago.

JSR has to be one of the best looking games on the Vita. That art style is timeless. The game part, however, is not and I found myself seriously frustrated at many points in the game. Still, it was doable and the presentation is more than worth the pain.

I need JSRF on this system stat.

Just sick of SCEA's incompetence.
You guys have an awesome sale going on this week with the awesome 12 days of Christmas sale as well. You get better PS+ games. You have someone who actually gives a fuck in charge of the blog to the point where he's getting EU the Spyro games and Tomba 2 (which I'm betting will work on Vita) while the NA customers are still left without working Spyro, Crash, R-Types, FFV, MGS (without PS3), etc.

So tomorrow we have a psbas sale?

It's on sale at Amazon right now for $20. (Sony Smash Vita only)

Someone's jelly

Pretty much. Now where's my Peanut Butter?

When will the current PS Plus games for the Vita get rolled out for EU?

Not this week, but next, I think.

Takao

Banned

Why was this game chosen to feature more anime influenced character designs when many fishing games go for the realistic look?

How did Poyoyon&#10084;Rock get involved?

Toma

Why was this game chosen to feature more anime influence character designs when many fishing games go for the realistic look?

How did Poyoyon&#10084;Rock get involved?

How would the localization team know? :p

cyborg009

Banned

What is your next release after Let's Fish Hooked On? and what process do you do when choosing what game to be localized?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm thinking about buying Hero of Leaf Valley after I finish Persona to play until EDF comes out because who knows when my DJMax is going to ship

Takao

Banned
Speaking of clap hanz I'd love a sequel to hot shots, native res, easy online. And lots of dlc courses

Screw Golf, where's my Hot Shots Tennis 2!!!! HST: GAG (what an acronym) was GOAT.

Seems like they want do something different maybe they will do a certain PSP game.....

Over My Dead Body? Ehh, I wouldn't want them handling an RPG. The font they chose for this fishing game is kind of carppy:

8226587347_77a4087c66_z.jpg

I bet Clap Hanz would make a good fishing game. Everybody's Fish

I imagine Clap Hanz would make a game like Fishing Resort.

sajj316

My goodness! First post in this thread is at 900+.

Hi Vitabros!! Been away for business. Need to pay for all those games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom