• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarquiss_

Did someone mention ZHP??? It is an amazing game that I would recommend To everyone.

The lightheartedness (is that even a word :lol) really makes the game easy to get into but it also has a ton of strategy as well :)

I want a sequel :( but don't think there ever will be one. Really loved the ZHP universe.

Would also love some more SRPGs for the Vita :)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Game trailers should be short, and sweet. ZHP's stays past its' welcome.

Most game trailers are. The ZHP one is a sugar pill that keeps you awake far longer than usual. I love the WHOLE trailer. Though short and sweet trailers are also fine usually ;)

zulux21

Did someone mention ZHP??? It is an amazing game that I would recommend To everyone.

The lightheartedness (is that even a word :lol) really makes the game easy to get into but it also has a ton of strategy as well :)

I want a sequel :( but don't think there ever will be one. Really loved the ZHP universe.

Would also love some more SRPGs for the Vita :)
are you cool with a spiritual successor instead of a sequel?
the new project for the ps3 looks a lot like ZHP

Oshimai

You hurt me too Sid

but have hope! the reason ZoE HD was delayed on the Vita is because they wanted to give the Vita port to Bluepoint. but as we all know they were busy w/ PSASBR. so expect a 60fps native res ZoE port on Vita shortly

furthermore about that original Vita/PS3 MGS game the previous preson linked from Kojipro? well I'm sure they'll do an HD remake of Peace Walker bundled with that new game :)

in my dreams.

spannicus

but have hope! the reason ZoE HD was delayed on the Vita is because they wanted to give the Vita port to Bluepoint. but as we all know they were busy w/ PSASBR. so expect a 60fps native res ZoE port on Vita shortly

furthermore about that original Vita/PS3 MGS game the previous preson linked from Kojipro? well I'm sure they'll do an HD remake of Peace Walker bundled with that new game :)

in my dreams.

My Hero

topplehat

Has anyone's automatic cloud save sync stopped working since the most recent firmware update? I have the box checked in the Settings, but only my Trophies are getting synced.

I think it's funny because the 2.01 was released to fix "cloud sync issues".

DBT85

Has anyone's automatic cloud save sync stopped working since the most recent firmware update? I have the box checked in the Settings, but only my Trophies are getting synced.

I think it's funny because the 2.01 was released to fix "cloud sync issues".

Auto save sync didn't work in the original 2.00 FW at all. You could do it manually but whenever you ticked a save to auto sync it forgot all about it 10 seconds later. That is what 2.01 fixed.

Since I've had no home internet for the last week however i've not seen it working anyway.

You have to tick each game individually to upload, then in the wee small hours it'll do its thing.

On an entirely different note. This evening on the way home I got the 10 minutes in Endless mode trophy on Super Stardust Delta. And it was REALLY easy.

I just survived until the first nuke appeared, detonated that and then when the fighters came I just ran and ran and ran. I think I might have blown a few up but not all of them. Then I just kept circling the planet for 9 minutes or so until the trophy popped up.

Evidently whatever the trigger was to send down the next wave of enemies never happened!

zulux21

Shooting game (tentative name)
Cave
Platform: PlayStation Vita

When we spoke last year, you talked about doing Vita development and had a brand new concept for a game. Since Cave isn’t doing Vita development anymore, can you tell us what happened to that game idea?

Makoto Asada, Game Development Head: I was thinking of a shooting game, but it wasn’t an arcade port. It was a brand new shooting game and it will be for tablets or smartphones now.
source for that (from 4 days ago)

aka I'm not holding my breath on Cave releasing a game on the vita.

"Shooting Game" by Cave. They canceled their Vita releases earlier this year, but if that's the case why did they mysterious re-appear on Amazon.jp?

they didn't get the memo the games were cancelled? It's not like amazon is always perfect

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I think it's highly likely One Piece Musou 2 will come out over here since Koei has only put out DW on the Vita.

I just wonder if it'll be a download only or not for Vita. With PS3, it's no big deal because hard drive space ain't no thing, but that's obviously not the case for Vita.

Takao

Banned
So I think it's highly likely One Piece Musou 2 will come out over here since Koei has only put out DW on the Vita.

I just wonder if it'll be a download only or not for Vita. With PS3, it's no big deal because hard drive space ain't no thing, but that's obviously not the case for Vita.

Namco Bandai Games Europe announced One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 ... just for PS3. No Vita version was mentioned in their PR.

DBT85

I'm not strongly against it's inclusion, but I didn't find it useful at all, especially not as I expected to after the way it's been recommended in these threads.

Can I ask did you try changing the sensitivity of it at all? It didn't click for me until I turned both it and the sticks up to maximum.

Once I did that it was the only way I ever want to do a shooter on a console again. Though I don't know how well it would be implemented into a game on the PS3 since you wouldn't have the screen in your hands.

Can I ask did you try changing the sensitivity of it at all? It didn't click for me until I turned both it and the sticks up to maximum.

Once I did that it was the only way I ever want to do a shooter on a console again. Though I don't know how well it would be implemented into a game on the PS3 since you wouldn't have the screen in your hands.

Yes, I tried it all sorts of ways and hated all of them. I strongly dislike the tilt to steer during gravity slide mechanic in GR too. But I kind of get that one since they make you hold the screen to start it up. :\

How come Konami does a MGS HD for Vita, but Sony can't do Ratchet and Clank for Vita?

(1) Who actually owns R&C IP? Sony straight out or is it joint between Insomniac and Sony?
(2) Who did the R&C HD ports? If it was Insomniac, they're busy doing multiplatform development on some shooter, I think?
(3) The new R&C game is on Vita, it just was delayed until early 2013.

Jamix012

How come Konami does a MGS HD for Vita, but Sony can't do Ratchet and Clank for Vita?

Well it's a shame we're not getting the HD collection, we have got Ratchet and Clank: FFA (Q force). Cross buy with the PS3 version for $20, I'm surprised we haven't seen more about it in this thread.

Edit: The Vita version isn't out? But the PS3 version is. How does the cross buy work then?

VanWinkle

Sony should put all of their HD collections on Vita. R&C, Sly, and Jak & Daxter would all be AMAZING.

(1) Who actually owns R&C IP? Sony straight out or is it joint between Insomniac and Sony?
(2) Who did the R&C HD ports? If it was Insomniac, they're busy doing multiplatform development on some shooter, I think?

I was actually Idol Minds who handled the port. Which reminds me, they were working on Ruin before that, which looked like an awesome Vita dungeon crawler :-( And the new R&C is very un-R&C but more of a tower defense game.

Jamix012

Sony should put all of their HD collections on Vita. R&C, Sly, and Jak & Daxter would all be AMAZING.

I was actually Idol Minds who handled the port. Which reminds me, they were working on Ruin before that, which looked like an awesome Vita dungeon crawler :-( And the new R&C is very un-R&C but more of a tower defense game.

From what I hear the single player, albeit short, is very R&C. While the multiplayer is tower defense.

Takao

Banned

Sony owns Ratchet & Clank outright.

VanWinkle

From what I hear the single player, albeit short, is very R&C. While the multiplayer is tower defense.

It really isn't. Granted, I only played the trial, but it didn't feel like a R&C game to me. I'm a huge R&C fan and was disappointed. I even like All 4 One.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
GTA SA will be added as a ps2 classic if that interests you
and rochard and SSF4AE will be free for plus users
Black Knight Sword (suda 51) is coming

for vita related stuff
big sky which I think is vita compatible is coming

if the sale leak from last week is true those would be of interest, but they weren't listed with the plus update which worries me unless they are going to have a later announcement for the winter sale that includes them.

Thanks btw :) Guess I'll be getting Big Sky tomorrow :)

VanWinkle

Man, I'm just loving how good Sly 4 looks on Vita! Can't wait for this game.

2012-12-02-015441.jpg

2012-12-01-120213.jpg

2012-12-01-120914.jpg

Full native-res graphics that were captured directly from the Vita's OS-level screenshot function from PS Nation in their glowing preview of the Vita version.

Carl

Listening to some Music Unlimited tunes in the background during my crushing run of Uncharted.

Great stuff.

And yeah Sly 4 looks fantastic on Vita. Really looking forward to that. Probably won't play it at all on PS3. Really want a full proper 3D platformer on this thing :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom