• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Chronovolt is not that bad. The time mechanics are wasted potential, but I'm not finding it offensively bad like people say. The first world is the best one though, sadly it gets worse as you progress.

Curious, which game do you consider worse?

Edit: Carl-Remembrance-First-Post

Mutant Blobs is neat :)
Mutant-Blob-screenshot.jpg

kiyomi

I feel a little sick every time MBA is mentioned, a Vitabro oath unfulfilled by my superior desire to only play Rayman Origins in my 2D platforming life.

Genki

So my import copy of DJ MAX Technika Tune arrived unscathed, and what do I do? Despite my bulging backlog I immediately order Persona 4 as well. What am I doing to myself?

tyranid5

Neo Member
This THQ stuff is depressing :(

Wonder if it will end up with vita getting some games...

I doubt it

Probably not, not many of the parties involved with aquiring THQ's assets are big in the portable industry or noteworthy.

Sega - Monkeyball is their only Vita Unique game I can think of. The Jet Set Radio Port was also cool. But really, Sega has the franchises to put something cool on the portable, that would make money. But they just want to focus on things that idiots know can make money and/or not cost very much to do.

Deep Silver - Never Published a Vita game, but they are mostly a publisher who now owns more than just Dead Island to their name. A portable Saints Row would probably be cool, I think a Vita GTA game would be more likely. Neither likely at this point.

Crytek - They are making Homefront 2, so they bought the rights to the franchise.

Take 2 - Really hasn't been a portable game publisher. Outside of Dora or 2k Sports ports for the vita. We can only hope for a Bioshock or GTA for the vita, none of the THQ transactions really affects any the prospects of future vita games. Unless the vita manages to make the list for WWE ports.

Ubisoft - They've made vita games, none of the sales really seem like it will help push any new vita games out the door there.

What stood out to me in this mess is that Sega had $26.6 million to spend on relic.... who specializes in Action Games (dawn of war), and Strategy games (CoH). Yet, they won't publish VC3 outside of Japan, and have probably shelved the franchise for all we know ;-;

Chronovolt is not that bad. The time mechanics are wasted potential, but I'm not finding it offensively bad like people say. The first world is the best one though, sadly it gets worse as you progress.

The first world the game was fun, and then i kept finding new ways to fall to my death cheaply. Glad to finally get it off of my vita today.

Probably not, not many of the parties involved with aquiring THQ's assets are big in the portable industry or noteworthy.

Sega - Monkeyball is their only Vita Unique game I can think of. The Jet Set Radio Port was also cool. But really, Sega has the franchises to put something cool on the portable, that would make money. But they just want to focus on things that idiots know can make money and/or not cost very much to do.

Deep Silver - Never Published a Vita game, but they are mostly a publisher who now owns more than just Dead Island to their name. A portable Saints Row would probably be cool, I think a Vita GTA game would be more likely. Neither likely at this point.

Crytek - They are making Homefront 2, so they bought the rights to the franchise.

Take 2 - Really hasn't been a portable game publisher. Outside of Dora or 2k Sports ports for the vita. We can only hope for a Bioshock or GTA for the vita, none of the THQ transactions really affects any the prospects of future vita games. Unless the vita manages to make the list for WWE ports.

Ubisoft - They've made vita games, none of the sales really seem like it will help push any new vita games out the door there.

What stood out to me in this mess is that Sega had $26.6 million to spend on relic.... who specializes in Action Games (dawn of war), and Strategy games (CoH). Yet, they won't publish VC3 outside of Japan, and have probably shelved the franchise for all we know ;-;

The first world the game was fun, and then i kept finding new ways to fall to my death cheaply. Glad to finally get it off of my vita today.

Ubi owns 1666 now right?

I'd adore if it was a vita exclusive...

No chance :(

Genki

Your buying fantastic games of course !

Could be worse I suppose.

Skies of Arcadia HD seems like it's happening. Really hope they do Vita and PC like JSR. It's too bad Hatsune Miku doesn't seem like it's getting localized.

Could be worse I suppose.

Skies of Arcadia HD seems like it's happening. Really hope they do Vita and PC like JSR. It's too bad Hatsune Miku doesn't seem like it's getting localized.

And they made a great version of Sanic racing as well.

Actually sega was giving vita some fantastic support but who knows now

Caoz

I just bought Final Fantasy IX. What have I done?

Skipped this one back in the day, but I have heard good things... We shall see.

Shahed

It's funny how things work

I bought an 8gb card for my US account since I got one for a decent price (£10). I just downloaded eveything I want for my US account and it was pretty much fit perfectly. I've got 76mb left lol

Been playing new little king's story for several hours and it's been great. The only problem is the frame rate can be killer sometimes. Only thing holding it back from being an insta-recommend. It's pretty much Pikmin on the go.

Shahed

Been playing new little king's story for several hours and it's been great. The only problem is the frame rate can be killer sometimes. Only thing holding it back from being an insta-recommend. It's pretty much Pikmin on the go.

I never used the full 30 group. usually hovered around 17 until I got some of the unique classes later

Curious, which game do you consider worse?

Edit: Carl-Remembrance-First-Post

carls gone?! is THAT why i havent seen him post recently?

sidenote: i'd kill for a new Valkyria Chronicles. never played 2 or 3 on psp. how were they? they dont work on vita do they?

awesome game. glad to hear you're liking it.

Just tried the demo for orgarythym, hateds it was just awful
Tried beat slider i got for free and i hate those types of puzzles, deleted

I will be getting Sonic Transformed soon, game seems pretty good. Tried the ps3 and vita demo, the handling is pretty good particularly when driving. Usually i hate drifting but it feels very good and your in control.

I'm morbidly curious to see how History: Legends of War - Patton (which totally takes the cake in the concise name category) on Vita turns out. I suspect a right trainwreck, but you never know. Outside of the middling console release, I hope Slitherine have learned from their Battle Academy iOS business...

...Battle Academy...

Holy hell, give us a Vita Battle Academy!

SVLsmhQ.jpg

So was it that hard in the end? Shaving time off that is

Didn't think I was going to make it. But I somehow killed the Arctic Edge and got almost a minute off there.

I had 12 or so seconds to kill and had pretty much run out of races to shave huge chunks of time off of... then I got a miraculous finish in one of the Apocalypse overtake events and the trophy popped.

Hard to judge which ones I could make some good time up on versus what was pointless cause I was terrible at it too... (EFF THE BUGGY!)

Thanks for the offer, btw. But my OCD makes me get my own trophies and achievements. :)

hitmon

carls gone?! is THAT why i havent seen him post recently?

sidenote: i'd kill for a new Valkyria Chronicles. never played 2 or 3 on psp. how were they? they dont work on vita do they?

awesome game. glad to hear you're liking it.

I hated the characters from 2 and as a result didn't like VC2 as much. 3 never made it out of Japan unfortunately.

Shahed

Didn't think I was going to make it. But I somehow killed the Arctic Edge and got almost a minute off there.

I had 12 or so seconds to kill and had pretty much run out of races to shave huge chunks of time off of... then I got a miraculous finish in one of the Apocalypse overtake events and the trophy popped.

Hard to judge which ones I could make some good time up on versus what was pointless cause I was terrible at it too... (EFF THE BUGGY!)

Thanks for the offer, btw. But my OCD makes me get my own trophies and achievements. :)

Yeah the buggy was the worst, followed closely by the rally car. At first I wasn't sure which races I needed to make a lot if time up on. I played the game mainly at launch when a lot of people hadn't played it yet, so I didn't have many people to compare with. Having a bigger friends list of people that have played lets you know whwre you're good and where you're behind. Luckily for me both my brothers are at a similar level to me so we could compare with each other.

And I know what you mean about being OCD about doing your own stuff. I just find the game really fun is all and wouldn't have minded helping out if you were really struggling. I had just got done helping my sister out with her times when I saw your post and made the offer

hitmon

Just wanted to add, the free mobile game this week, Beats Slider is pretty good.

The free Foosball game on the other hand is terrible. I think its the worst thing I've played on the Vita.

Oh, is there a consensus here that RCR is bad? I thought it was just me, lol. People elsewhere seem to like it.

People elsewhere must be on some pretty good drugs.
I played a chunk of the demo, deleted it promptly thinking, "What the fuck? How is that worth the hype it gets or the $15 they're charging?!"

I picked it up on my download history for free with PS+, but it's not installed on my Vita. I always pick up free stuff for PS+, no matter what though... if I didn't, RCR wouldn't have made the cut.

ZeroAKA

I picked it up on my download history for free with PS+, but it's not installed on my Vita. I always pick up free stuff for PS+, no matter what though... if I didn't, RCR wouldn't have made the cut.
Same here, every PS+ freebie is in my download list. I haven't actually downloaded Foosball, RCR, and Chronovolt though, and judging from the posts here, I probably didn't miss much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom