• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanmik

My Vita scared me this morning... I saw that it had donwloaded th 2.05 update over night. So I woke up my Vita, and pressed the infobubble.. a screen appeared.

"All other programs will be closed whe you start the install" (something like that).
"Install now" or "cancel".

I pressed Install now. My vita then went BLACK.. nothing happened. it just turned off.. I had to manually turn it back on by holding the power button for some seconds. When it turned on it gave me an error code and asked If I wanted to send it to Sony. I did.
Then I checked the firmware. And it aske to update again.. this tme it worked..

damn I thought my Vita was toast.. but hey then I could have made a thread saying "My Vita is DEAD".. lol

My Vita scared me this morning... I saw that it had donwloaded th 2.05 update over night. So I woke up my Vita, and pressed the infobubble.. a screen appeared.

"All other programs will be closed whe you start the install" (something like that).
"Install now" or "cancel".

I pressed Install now. My vita then went BLACK.. nothing happened. it just turned off.. I had to manually turn it back on by holding the power button for some seconds. When it turned on it gave me an error code and asked If I wanted to send it to Sony. I did.
Then I checked the firmware. And it aske to update again.. this tme it worked..

damn I thought my Vita was toast.. but hey then I could have made a thread saying "My Vita is DEAD".. lol

Mine updates overnight too.

It ended on a black screen but it was just standby thankfully

SiDCrAzY

There's a setting for "automatic updates", maybe yours is off?

I have mine off, don't want to lose dat PSP CFW just yet, not until I finish KH:BBS.

SiDCrAzY

Ahhh another 'stability' update,I thought it would have some hidden improvements/features.

FAQpiif.gif

Hanmik

I presumed the stability improvements meant that when you place it on the floor, it stays upright better.

ahhh. makes sense.. I heard rumors about the next Fifa Vita game, that you have to place the Vita on the floor and kick it, when you are kicking penalty kicks in the game (and Swansea ball boys)

Tiops

Just tried the Soul Sacrifice demo. Awesome game! The demo itself has a ton of content, cant imagine how huge the full game will be.

Hi friends! Been away from the vita scene for awhile since my screen cracked :( Happy to report I've saved up enough to pick a new one up next week. So what have I missed since they added PS+ support to Vita? (Been out if the game since about that time)

Hi friends! Been away from the vita scene for awhile since my screen cracked :( Happy to report I've saved up enough to pick a new one up next week. So what have I missed since they added PS+ support to Vita? (Been out if the game since about that time)

Why didn't you send it for repair?

Why didn't you send it for repair?

To be honest I've been debating about it. Holidays are over and I've finally recouped all my losses, and balanced out all my debts. So I can still go either way. I saw a declassified bundle on the pcrichards website for 220 and figured what the heck $40 more to get a new system and a game the same day. Still holding out hope that I can trade the broken one over at GameStop.

But you are right I could still just have Sony fix it. Point being I finally have the means to drop $150-200 on myself, and I'm getting my damn vita back! :p

Currently debating preorders for Soul Sacrifice and Oboromuramasa. Still on the fence with SS, perhaps I'll wait for some reviews. But there's no way that Oboromuramasa is going to turn out looking anything less than stunning on dat OLED. Does anyone know if there has been any news regarding a release in the West?

kiyomi

Currently debating preorders for Soul Sacrifice and Oboromuramasa. Still on the fence with SS, perhaps I'll wait for some reviews. But there's no way that Oboromuramasa is going to turn out looking anything less than stunning on dat OLED. Does anyone know if there has been any news regarding a release in the West?

Have you tried the SS demo on the JPN store yet? If not you really should, it seems to be a great indication of what the final game will be. The demo has a ton of levels, options and a multiplayer mode as well. It's a day one purchase for me.

As for Muramasa, don't think there's been any indication either way. It seems unlikely it won't get localized, but stranger things have happened.

You guys.

Monosukoi's headers for the new thread look fucking awesome.

Too kind! I had fun with it, just bashed something out really. :p

Have you tried the SS demo on the JPN store yet? If not you really should, it seems to be a great indication of what the final game will be. The demo has a ton of levels, options and a multiplayer mode as well. It's a day one purchase for me.

I've thought about it, but I don't like the idea of resetting my Vita each time.. I'm sure it's harmless enough, but I'm paranoid about losing saves and such. I'm sure it'll never happen, but I'm not fussed enough to do it for demos.

As for Muramasa, don't think there's been any indication either way. It seems unlikely it won't get localized, but stranger things have happened.

Okay, thanks. Impatience will probably get the better of me! The only stumbling block might be DLC, which I'm sure I read is coming, but no idea what it entails.

Hanmik

Lol I see. That makes me a little sad inside :(

Was looking forward to Sly...

See I´m allowed to write a preview of the first level (the same as in the US PS plus demo), and the first time zone. So if you want I can go into some small details about that part of the game.

kiyomi

I've thought about it, but I don't like the idea of resetting my Vita each time.. I'm sure it's harmless enough, but I'm paranoid about losing saves and such. I'm sure it'll never happen, but I'm not fussed enough to do it for demos.

I'm kind of in the same position, although I'm not too concerned about saves with the cloud storage as a backup. It is just a bit of a hassle and I always find myself wanting to play something else. So I never actually got up to the missions where you can play online. I'm still completely convinced though, the amount - and variety - of content there appears to be is just incredible. Really excited to get an interesting new IP.

Hanmik said:
See I´m allowed to write a preview of the first level (the same as in the US PS plus demo), and the first time zone. So if you want I can go into some small details about that part of the game.

Let's hear it!

Salaadin

Yes, please do if its not too much trouble.

The Vita load times are really that bad? Hoping that shit gets patched.

sammy

I know this isn't a PSN issue but my Vita has given up on charging through the wall-plug and also from the USB. Noticed this last night when the update was downloading.

Any solutions that I've missed? I will pick up a new charger today for the hell of it, and if that doesn't work I can figure out what to do from there - maybe send it in for repairs.
Still, I'm debating just saving up for a new one since my launch Vita has some stuck pixels but it would be a pain to transfer all my Vita, PSP, and PS1 games over...

I know this isn't a PSN issue but my Vita has given up on charging through the wall-plug and also from the USB. Noticed this last night when the update was downloading.

Any solutions that I've missed? I will pick up a new charger today for the hell of it, and if that doesn't work I can figure out what to do from there - maybe send it in for repairs.
Still, I'm debating just saving up for a new one since my launch Vita has some stuck pixels but it would be a pain to transfer all my Vita, PSP, and PS1 games over...

Mine had this problem for a bit. It was the USB cable that was causing issues. I figured out eventually that I could play with the cable to get it to charge but it became finicky.

I purchased a $3 cable on ebay (USB). I also picked up clearance PSP go chargers. While you can't use the GO USB cable to charge the vita (too big) you can use the "brick" to do the job.

it wound up being $6 instead of $30 for a whole other unit.

sammy

I purchased a $3 cable on ebay (USB). I also picked up clearance PSP go chargers. While you can't use the GO USB cable to charge the vita (too big) you can use the "brick" to do the job.

it wound up being $6 instead of $30 for a whole other unit.

Nice, okay I'll give that a shot. Didn't even think about the GO charger, I have one of those so I'll see what I can do. Thanks!

Nice, okay I'll give that a shot. Didn't even think about the GO charger, I have one of those so I'll see what I can do. Thanks!

Well, like I said, chances are it's the USB portion that is the problem which your GO won't fix. I would go on ebay and order 2 cables (might as well) then you'd have 2.5 charging units assuming your other USB cable may/may not work.

Mine was on the fritz then the plastic part at the tip that plugs into the vita came off. It looks pretty gnarly but it works better for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom