• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | December 2013 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiegel

TJ0MAY4.jpg

-Digits-

I think I'll play through Guacamelee on hard over the weekend. It's pretty much the only thing I need for the plat and I have a craving for some Metroidvania.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I playing the 8-bit levels of Rayman Legends at the moment. Fuck. You. Ubisoft. I believe there was a thread on GAF a while back asking what people mean by articifial difficulty in games. I would suggest that person should try the 8-bit levels of Rayman Legends. He would no longer be confused. They're just levels I've already done but this time with the added gimmick of obscuring my view. Such poor design.

I playing the 8-bit levels of Rayman Legends at the moment. Fuck. You. Ubisoft. I believe there was a thread on GAF a while back asking what people mean by articifial difficulty in games. I would suggest that person should try the 8-bit levels of Rayman Legends. He would no longer be confused. They're just levels I've already done but this time with the added gimmick of obscuring my view. Such poor design.

What 8-bit levels?
Are they far in?

I stopped playing the worlds and started focusing on the daily/weekly challenges to try to get that cursed diamond trophy to pop.

Massa

They're pretty easy if you practice a bit on the regular version of each level first.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
What 8-bit levels?
Are they far in?

I stopped playing the worlds and started focusing on the daily/weekly challenges to try to get that cursed diamond trophy to pop.

You that world last world that's locked until you get 400 teensies? 8 bit levels are in there. Basically all the 8 bit levels are the music levels you've already beaten, except with a visual gimmick to stop you from seeing properly such as making everything super pixelated.

jonno394

I dont recall having any major issues with the 8 bit levels. Obviously the gimmick involved is laughable, but it's the music based sections so as long as you have a vague recollection of the levels, time your button presses right etc, they should be doable.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
They're pretty easy if you practice a bit on the regular version of each level first.

But that's exactly the point. The only reason the levels are hard is because you can't see the level properly. If you practice on the regular version of each level first then you can just remember where everything is and just memorise the pattern. It's artificial difficulty at its finest.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I dont recall having any major issues with the 8 bit levels. Obviously the gimmick involved is laughable, but it's the music based sections so as long as you have a vague recollection of the levels, time your button presses right etc, they should be doable.

The levels being doable does not excuse it from being poor design.

Massa

But that's exactly the point. The only reason the levels are hard is because you can't see the level properly. If you practice on the regular version of each level first then you can just remember where everything is and just memorise the pattern. It's artificial difficulty at its finest.

That's part of the challenge though, to get so good at these levels that you can blindly play them. That's not my favorite kind of challenge either but at least I enjoyed the 8-bit remixes of the music.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
That's part of the challenge though, to get so good at these levels that you can blindly play them. That's not my favorite kind of challenge either but at least I enjoyed the 8-bit remixes of the music.

If I wanted that kind of challenge I'd just replay a level with my eyes closed.

AmanoBuff

I'd love some offscreen gameplay or something of the Vita version. We know if it's native res?

I don't think it is, but I'm also waiting for some gameplay videos. So far there are only unboxings. A bit weird that there is not a single video up on YouTube of someone playing the game on his/her Vita.

Either no one's buying the game, or no one knows how to take a screenshot on Vita. It could potentially be both.

I don't know. Perhaps they know how to take screenshots but not many are used to share them?

Only saw one.

Thanks for the screens. I found a few myself. Mostly from Japanese forums. Transferred them to my Vita and they look quite good. I suppose having this in motion and not shitty compressed means the game must look actually quite neat.

ekLKR6T.jpg

Osidiqz.jpg

PLsN8F0.jpg

D0mppW2.jpg

8IdL9KO.jpg

tmVGJbj.jpg

aE0YZMX.jpg

rhX4TNz.jpg

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
So I went and bought that 32GB card for $50. To explain to a friend why it was so damn much, I took out the 8gag, put in the 32gig, and then put the 8gag back in. Except... There's nothing on the 8gag anymore. Did I Just format my memory card? I'll be so sad if I did. I haven't had wi-fi for 3 days now and I had almost all of the first world of Bit Trip Runner 2 perfected...

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
So I went and bought that 32GB card for $50. To explain to a friend why it was so damn much, I took out the 8gag, put in the 32gig, and then put the 8gag back in. Except... There's nothing on the 8gag anymore. Did I Just format my memory card? I'll be so sad if I did. I haven't had wi-fi for 3 days now and I had almost all of the first world of Bit Trip Runner 2 perfected...

did you just remove the card and put in the new one? or did you meddle with the settings?

coolasj19

did you just remove the card and put in the new one? or did you meddle with the settings?
I took out the 8. Put in the 32. And I don't believe I turned it on. Put the 8 back in, and everything was gone.
EDIT : It's a Christmas miracle. Everything came back. What the hell Vita?
Fake EDIT : I could just be stupid.

co1onel

Thanks for the screens. I found a few myself. Mostly from Japanese forums. Transferred them to my Vita and they look quite good. I suppose having this in motion and not shitty compressed means the game must look actually quite neat.

Darn, doesn't look native res. At least there's no jaggies.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I took out the 8. Put in the 32. And I don't believe I turned it on. Put the 8 back in, and everything was gone.
EDIT : It's a Christmas miracle. Everything came back. What the hell Vita?
Fake EDIT : I could just be stupid.

Most probably the pins on the 8gb were not properly inserted when you tried it. Glad nothing was lost.

coolasj19

How do I get all my content to the 32gig? I have my PS3 with me but I have no Wi-Fi for any of them. I don't have Content Manager on my PC. Can I, transfer everything to my PS3, from both of my 8gags, and then transfer them back up to my 32gig?

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
How do I get all my content to the 32gig? I have my PS3 with me but I have no Wi-Fi for any of them. I don't have Content Manager on my PC. Can I, transfer everything to my PS3, from both of my 8gags, and then transfer them back up to my 32gig?

Yea. You can back up your system to the ps3 then restore it to your new card

Steel

Banned

The charging cord for your vita can transfer stuff to your ps3 or computer much quicker than your wifi can.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I couldn't be satisfied with SS level. Looked too blurry to me. Anything sub-native res is just a mess.

Couldnt disagree more. Soul sac looks great and plays smooth. I am not saying a higher resolution would be better, but it still looks great to me. But opinions.

Requiem173

Neo Member
Would anyone be interested in joining me and a buddy on soul sac tonight around 10pm est? I'm a 99 divine that's been helping him out with some pacts for the past few nights. Would love the extra company!

Edit: We've also been playing sonic all-stars racing transformed. Love that there's some solid multiplayer games free on playstation plus!

Maedhros

I needed to download the demos first to unlock the tables in ZP2. I'm stupid.

Anyway, now the trophies don't show... they say that I don't have the full game.

Skyzard

Banned
Decided to give Assassins Creed a chance over Muramasa Rebirth. Could do with a game like AC despite the problems I heard. Might be fun to roam around in. Muramasa Rebirth looks great but I want to play Dragon's Crown more anyway. Space is really tight too, finally sorted out my 32GB and that's full as well now...only got a reserve 16GB card that I started out with and that'd fill up with the overflow quite fast but I hate switching cards as it is...eugh. Would love a dual card accepting Vita v3 (+oled, tv-out, better battery and triggers :).
Good thing most of the upcoming games are indies for me :p DBZ will likely set me back again though.

FF screens look pretty good, not amazing but it should be good overall...they couldn't have done too much damage?

I picked up quite a few games during the sales without a PS+ discount...I was holding out for a year subscription offer but I should have just grabbed a 3month sub. Would have basically come out free and I'd have Soul Sacrifice and BlazBlue (EU) locked away. Bad planning but I also wasn't expecting the sales to be so good...also seemed a bit weird they didn't offer PS+ sub discounts even at the end of the sales? Maybe they're waiting for the January sales to end...maybe not.

Played some poker with friends today and knocked someone out quite early, got him the vita to play as he's a big fifa fan and so he was pretty happy. Next guy that lost all his chips played Killzone and Bit Trip Runner 2 and was just talking about them the whole time, especially how fun runner 2 was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom