• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | December 2013 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvick

Banned
I dont use or have playstation plus, Im not confortable with that "renting" method for the games ,i prefer retail games when the game is over 1g. and it gives me some sense of real property. Not that ps plus is anything bad , at the contrary , is great , just not for me.
I don't blame you. For retail games, I feel the same.

In fact, when NGS+ came to PS+ for North America, I just went out and bought a physical copy. And pretty much everything else I've already owned. (I have tons of Vita retail games, Sonic Racing included.)

joe2187

Banned
:lol
https://twitter.com/suppadoopa/status/416132410233716736
ssd.png

I'm off to bed now Gaf. Was a fun night of Sonic trophy boosting.

Thanks Suppa, I love you too.

Tapejara

I dont use or have playstation plus, Im not confortable with that "renting" method for the games ,i prefer retail games when the game is over 1g. and it gives me some sense of real property. Not that ps plus is anything bad , at the contrary , is great , just not for me.

I don't blame you. For retail games, I feel the same.

In fact, when NGS+ came to PS+ for North America, I just went out and bought a physical copy. And pretty much everything else I've already owned. (I have tons of Vita retail games, Sonic Racing included.)

What I do is just buy a physical copy of the games I want. Then I hope the game comes to Plus, that way I can have a digital copy and not have to use the cart. Still have the sense of owning the game, but I also get the convenience of digital.

Thats a good thing to do , but i buy too many digital games , im over 140 games , including retail and digital , and having a 16g card and a limit of 100 apps , i prefer having retail games (i have over 30) and the rest digital.

Ye, that makes sense based on your situation. Even then, if you have over 140 games chances are you own most of the Plus titles anyway :p.

incpdo

What I do is just buy a physical copy of the games I want. Then I hope the game comes to Plus, that way I can have a digital copy and not have to use the cart. Still have the sense of owning the game, but I also get the convenience of digital.

Thats a good thing to do , but i buy too many digital games , im over 140 games , including retail and digital , and having a 16g card and a limit of 100 apps , i prefer having retail games (i have over 30) and the rest digital.

Elvick

Banned
I like getting digital copies of games from PS+, then I can rate them on the store! :p Wish the Vita store let us 'like' games like the PS4 store does. That's nice for those games you buy at retail.

I have a 4GB memory card, so the practical use of the digital games is completely lost on me.

Acid08

Banned
Played a bunch more Sonic. While I like the stage themes a lot I feel like some of the courses just aren't designed well. Their Rainbow Road ripoff isn't fun at all. A few times I went over the edge and it fucking respawns you moving forward right on the edge of the road so you just end up falling off again.

Dr. Buni

Played a bunch more Sonic. While I like the stage themes a lot I feel like some of the courses just aren't designed well. Their Rainbow Road ripoff isn't fun at all. A few times I went over the edge and it fucking respawns you moving forward right on the edge of the road so you just end up falling off again.
Rainbow Road ripoff? If you are talking about the Sonic Colors stage, it isn't a Rainbow Road ripoff and it is also much better designed and less frustrating than the Mario Kart track.

wilflare

I'm very tempted to buy Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing on my WiiU for more multiplayer fun (thanks to playing the game on PC and Vita)

UGH

Acid08

Banned
Rainbow Road ripoff? If you are talking about the Sonic Colors stage, it isn't a Rainbow Road ripoff and it is also much better designed and less frustrating than the Mario Kart track.
No it isn't. I've never been as frustrated by RR as I am by these crappy respawns on this kinda bad track.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So you know the feeling where you have some bucks credited on your wallet but for the life of you can't decide what to buy?

Yeah? Well I am at that situation right now.

41 bucks left.

Torn between: Tales of Graces F, Ys Celcetta, or buying a bunch of PS1 Final Fantasy games. Not to mention Atelier games are looking interesting too since I now use 64 gb card. Or maybe Disgaea 4.....? Or perhaps Terraria? Arrrrgh.

Guahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I somehow have a bad feeling that whatever it is I choose is going to be on sales soon, hahaha.

incpdo

anyone knows a good webpage to buy The Amazing Spiderman game for Vita?i need this to be shipped to Argentina(where im from) please dont recommend digital release as that is not an option for me regarding this game.

Laughing Banana: Celcetta is the way to go , or Terraria and PS1 goodness

Famassu

So you know the feeling where you have some bucks credited on your wallet but for the life of you can't decide what to buy?

41 bucks left.

Torn between: Tales of Graces F, Ys Celcetta, or buying a bunch of PS1 Final Fantasy games. Not to mention Atelier games are looking interesting too since I now use 64 gb card. Or maybe Disgaea 4.....? Or perhaps Terraria? Arrrrgh.

Guahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I somehow have a bad feeling that whatever it is I choose is going to be on sales soon, hahaha.
Ys Celceta. A no-brainer. Help make Vita a worthy platform for more XSeed goodness while getting an action RPG that is great fun.

wilflare

41 bucks left.

Guahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Ys Celceta

or I can ship you the CE :) haha

TeaFan

I just picked up a 3dsxl before chistmas, but with the money I got im hovering on buying a vita. I have a ps4 and plus and am interested in persona 4. Problem is im not sure if I can justify it for that one game. Help me gaf!

Acid08

Banned
I just picked up a 3dsxl before chistmas, but with the money I got im hovering on buying a vita. I have a ps4 and plus and am interested in persona 4. Problem is im not sure if I can justify it for that one game. Help me gaf!
Guarantee you'll find a lot more stuff you want to play on it. P4G is a great starting point though.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

The fact you called it a rainbow road ripoff shows that you simply cannot be taken seriously when it comes to this. I mean....wow. Ugh. And the poster below you is right. It's much more well designed and less frustrating than rainbow road. If you're falling off then it's your fault. Not that the comparison to rainbow road is fair in any way. The entire point of rainbow road is to be as frustrating as possible as it's the final track, and other than part of the sonic track being on a similar type of road, they're very different types of tracks.

Shinriji

I finished my third carreer cup In Sonic Racing and still looking for that hyperbole "the framerate is shit, unplayable, etc."

The game holds extremely well, the framerate dips are quite rare and when it happens is for a split second. Also it is quite a beautiful game to look at times. Not CTR level (the best kart game ever) but a fun game. But by god, the game cheats a LOT lol

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
You know what?
I visited neogaf with my new 46 inches tv with browser(and 3d) and i have to say that the Vita shots in the screenshots thread looked good!

Shengar

Played Tearaway. I hate it. So much
Because I sucked at drawing lol. I have to ask my soster to draw a pumpkin or I ended up brawing a buttock instead. Other than that, I love it.

Vita-Gaf, had a Vita since the day it launched in EU.
Coped with an 8GB card since launch (Do not ask how, witchcraft mainly)

Looking to upgrade to a 32GB.

Wheres the cheapest place I can get one, being in the UK?

Omerta

If you're seriously asking this question in *this* thread then you already know the answer before you asked it ;)

spectyre

Played Tearaway. I hate it. So much
Because I sucked at drawing lol. I have to ask my soster to draw a pumpkin or I ended up brawing a buttock instead. Other than that, I love it.

Make it crazy and put it on a train and you will be a Gaf hero.

ramyeon

Get it. I bought one mainly for Persona, and I've already beaten it years ago on the PS2. Ended up finding so much more to do on it though.

Sol1dus

41 bucks left.

Guahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Ps1 FF will go on sale again at some point, don't recommend them full price. Ya sounds good. I'm personally going to get Terraria soon because I have no self control

You'll likely find more than just one game you'll love. Just gotta look, there are plenty of charming gems in this wonderful machine's library.

BUY IT NAO

Sol1dus

You're obviously going to get a biased answer from most of us. I recommend you go to YouTube or your favorite gaming website and look up their reviews and videos on Vita games.
-----------

And to all of you who recommended I buy Tearaway during the PSN sale, Shame on you! I'm addicted to this little game now. :D customizing Iota is awesome. I feel like a little kid when playing this game.

Omerta

How's P4G? Did it click?

Too early to tell yet... I've been so busy with xmas.

If it's any indication; I've only got a little bit past the first 20 minutes but I've been obsessing over it every day. Took my vita in the car for the first time because my wife sent me out to buy xmas supplies - cheeky five minutes in the car park :)

Why not just buy it at GameStop? I never got not rewarding the sale to the store with the sale. It's a deal available in store too.
Convenience. Some Gamestop stores are miles away from somebody's home.
Pretty much this. Gamestop isn't that far, but I rather choose a store closer to me. Plus, I'm not sure if they still do gutted copies, but that bothers me for some odd reason.

Tenso received my package and paid right away so hopefully I get FFX before new years...

jonno394

Played the first level of Killzone Mercenary. Looks stunning but i suck so hard at FPS titles that i died even on easy :/

Broken Sword 5 is quality. really loving it. About half way through. The neon sign puzzle stumped me bad.

Soul Sacrifice was deleted shortly after started playing. Did not enjoy it whatsoever.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I love my Vita more and more. Bought it on release and have played it here and there but I've found myself playing it a lot more over the last year or so. With the sales and PS Plus games I've been accumulating a nice little catalogue :) I wish XSeed and NIS America would have a sale though so I could pick up a few of their games.

Also, does anyone have a 64GB card ? Where's the best place to import one from ? (if you're in the UK)

Kagami

Wheee, got that Gamestop (U.S.) $50 32GB card this morning.
The first Gamestop I went to didn't have any, and as I was asking them about stock at other stores, a family came in behind me with a kid excitedly asking for 32GB cards, too.
I traded in my 4GB Vita card for $3.75 and 2GB PSP Memory Stick for $3.25.

jengo

I wonder how
bad
Sorcery Saga is selling, I think I will import this one since I like Aksys Games.

I've had no previous Compile Heart experience, but if this is any indication of what they do then I'm in. This is a great on-the-go roguelike.

I would assume it goes down to $30 at some point for a sale on PSN, but I can't think they expected much more than break even on licensing.

Desmond

lol, bought Resistance today. Took forever to find a game online for that one trophy.

Also, have a question. About to import a game using Nippon Yasan. Is there any difference between FedEx or EMS Delivery?

Valkyria

Banned
If anyone want to play Sonic Transformed online please PM me, I would like to obtein the onine throphies.

Any way , this arrived today at the mail.

20131226192108.jpg

The only present I got for x-mas, that actually I bought it myself V_V .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom