• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | December 2013 |

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will send over a friend request.

How many do we need for the Sonic trophy? 6? let me check - stick around for some races too if you can :p

-Sent over a request, and it's 5 for the 'team sonic' trophy - sonic, tails, amy, shadw and knuckles in the same race.

2 more...

You guys still need people? What's your PSN?

Skyzard

Banned
^ I tried to connect just now but it said no longer available sorry wasn't sure if we were waiting for stfuppercut. My connection...in the UK and all...maybe retry?

Shall we join your party chat cyborg? --yeah do it, me LB and Sol1dus are in anyway, jakku too now

lol, added you stfuppercut

Okay let's do this?

May the networking fairies be with us.

What's the point of this game? Kill people or get first place? Because I'm confused. XD

I think the point is to be the last one standing. Which is what you were XD. You have three lives and once you're hit three times you turn into a ghost and your sole mission is to fuck everyone else over by running into them.

Sol1dus

I think the point is to be the last one standing. Which is what you were XD. You have three lives and once you're hit three times you turn into a ghost and your sole mission is to fuck everyone else over by running into them.

This game is too violent for me, I'm gonna have to leave guys.

lol

Okay guys I have two questions about P4G:

1. That card that grants your team full HP/SP after a teamfight doesn't seem to be working for me. Everytime I pick it my teams HP/SP stays the same. Am I doing something wrong ?

2. How do you beat those rare Floating Hand mobs, most efficiently that is ?

EDIT: And what is the purpose of the "chan" behind every name ?

Rnr1224

1. That card that grants your team full HP/SP after a teamfight doesn't seem to be working for me. Everytime I pick it my teams HP/SP stays the same. Am I doing something wrong ?

EDIT: And what is the purpose of that "chan" behind every name ?

1. The card just restores a bit of HP and mp. It doesn't heal it fully.

And the purpose of Chan and senpai are kind of like relations between the people. Like senpai means classmate iirc

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
Just picked up a Vita. My tag is my username here: tekumseh

Need to sort through all the ps+ games in my download list. Also bought tearaway and hot shots golf. Would look forward to playing some co-op going forward. Thanks!

Any games with a lot off replayability? I have the walking dead, sly cooper, uncharted, and tearaway but im not sure if ill replay those much once i fnish them.

Sol1dus

Any games with a lot off replayability? I have the walking dead, sly cooper, uncharted, and tearaway but im not sure if ill replay those much once i fnish them.

Spelunky, Hotline Miami, killzone mercenary, super stardust, lumines, sonic all stars racing is pretty replayable if you like karting games.

I've sent out a couple of psn invitations to bulk out my desolate friends list!

Any AussieGaf's, AsianGaf or anyone near my TimezoneGaf?

Brisbane time here, although I'm a shift worker so I'm very often up at UkGaf or EuropeGaf's times too...

tl;dr?

AnyoneGaf

AussieGaf! PSN is shadowflame8

I'm up for some races, for sure. Also, I don't mind doing the sonic friends trophy thing.

Guys skyzard and I are doing some rounds for SASR if anybody wants to join

Am I too late guys???? :(
Btw I think someone was asking for the Vita PSN spreadsheet, quote to reveal

Velcro Fly

Must say I am enjoying Tearaway. I've 100% completed the first four areas now. Even going back to replay and search for things I've missed is really fun.

Skyzard

Banned
Spelunky, Rayman Origins, Terraria, Hotline Miami, Jet Set Radio, Bit Trip Runner 2 - lots of replayability
Seems you your have a connection problem try leaving the chat and returning. If that doesn't work restart your router.

Tried rejoining, I can hear someone at least but not others...shit I was talking for ages! most of it was rubbish smack talk so probably better there. Can't seem to join your games now, let me try restarting router, thanks.

Valkyria

Banned
20131229033301ixi.jpg

If you are still playing I would like to play online to get the sonic and friends trophy. PM anyone interested in playing.

AmanoBuff

1. The card only grants your party a bit of HP/SP.

2. I suppose you mean the golden hands that give you a lot of experience/money. I remember I used Mind Charge and then Megidolaon or any similar physical attack. Until you get those skills though, just use auto-battle and pray, lol.

3. Those are Japanese honorifics:
- Kun: When addressing a small/younger boy.
- Chan: When addressing someone younger/cuter or something like that.
- San: Frequently used when addressing an equal.
- Sama: Very respectful. When addressing someone of a higher rank usually.
- Senpai/Kōhai: At school it means someone on a Higher/Lower class respectively.

kiriin

Almighty attack like megido/la/laon will do massive damage, most of these persona with acess to the moves/spellcards are avaible mid game.

-Chan is an honorifc there is no equivalent term in english for it. It left in the game to emphasize the nuances of how people adresses each other differently in Japan.

I've never played minecraft, pretty unfamiliar with that type of game as a whole. I want to be sold on Terraria, but is it accessible enough? Tough to figure out?

Sol1dus

I've never played minecraft, pretty unfamiliar with that type of game as a whole. I want to be sold on Terraria, but is it accessible enough? Tough to figure out?

I personally don't like mine raft but I've logged in a good 9hours or so on Terraria in 3 days.

The tutorial gets you up to speed on everything. For big stuff it's easy to just google it, but it's basically an at your pace game, though I think it's more focused than mine craft. There's a demo on psn btw.

------
It said I got first place but nothing popped??

Tapejara

I personally don't like mine raft but I've logged in a good 9hours or so on Terraria in 3 days.

The tutorial gets you up to speed on everything. For big stuff it's easy to just google it, but it's basically an at your pace game, though I think it's more focused than mine craft. There's a demo on psn btw.

------
It said I got first place but nothing popped??

Are you guys doing a race or a different game mode?

Kinda bummed there's not more Sorcery Saga chatter here (unless I missed it). Especially looking at that thread title and opening post!

I just beat the main story, and having spent many many hours I gotta say this game surprised the hell out of me. I went in half blind by not knowing the mechanics much before buying, but I got a very satisfying and polished roguelike experience. Aksys did a good job of making the cutesy stuff palatable with smart dialogue choices, so it usually ends up being more endearing than saccharine. Gameplay has the random/roguelike hooks similar to Dungeons of Dredmor (on Steam) and Adventure Bar Labyrinth (on PS Mobile), which are the only other games in this style I have much experience with.

Definitely not worth $35 (digital) for everyone, but I would just say don't let the cutesy stuff stop you from checking it out. Also, they need to make a sequel with ramen instead of curry @_@

You can bet I'll be talking about it...as soon as it arrives. Game never came to any major Canadian retailers so I had to order it off the Aksys website. That takes forever though, because, like NISA's store they ship with USPS and it takes a long time for it to reach Canada. But I do love me some Compile Heart, so it's more than worth the wait.

jengo

Kinda bummed there's not more Sorcery Saga chatter here (unless I missed it). Especially looking at that thread title and opening post!

I just beat the main story, and having spent many many hours I gotta say this game surprised the hell out of me. I went in half blind by not knowing the mechanics much before buying, but I got a very satisfying and polished roguelike experience. Aksys did a good job of making the cutesy stuff palatable with smart dialogue choices, so it usually ends up being more endearing than saccharine. Gameplay has the random/roguelike hooks similar to Dungeons of Dredmor (on Steam) and Adventure Bar Labyrinth (on PS Mobile), which are the only other games in this style I have much experience with.

Definitely not worth $35 (digital) for everyone, but I would just say don't let the cutesy stuff stop you from checking it out. Also, they need to make a sequel with ramen instead of curry @_@

Tapejara

race....
wats your psn

We're doing a race

Hmm, that's odd. I got the trophy the other night just by setting up a custom race. My PSN is poodude, send me an FR if you haven't already and I'll see if I can help out. I don't have Shadow though so someone else is going to need to play as him.

I sent you an invite, you're poodude? We need one more for shadow

I'm getting an error when I try to join. Perhaps I should try hosting? I was able to get a game going with some GAFers on my connection.

Edit: Also, I don't have Shadow unlocked. But I think it still counts if the AI picks the character. Assuming none of you have him unlocked.

Okay I'm in. I already have the trophy.

VanWinkle

Huh, yeah I was at Bigbig during that project. Sadly it didn't turn out like we had planned at all :( It started as a completely different genre of game.

Hmm that's a shame right there. I feel like it could have been a lot better if it had some games that used the buttons and sticks. A lot of the games were held back by the inclusion of the various gimmick inputs. But I mean, the game wasn't buggy at all, it was polished, it had cute fun art style, and the visuals were honestly great with native-res 60fps and AA. Like I said, a 3D platformer with that engine and in that universe would have been awesome.

Shinypogs

Finally started playing NLKS again, it took me a bit to reacquaint myself with the controls but once I did it was tonnes of fun. Well aside from the alchemy/ crafting system which can fuck right off.

I'm finding that just like with tactics games I'm developing a fondness for certain guard members and am more careful with them/ will reload if I screw up their marriages and whatnot .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom