• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | December 2013 |

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im down for a Sonic trophy get if you still need ppl.
Also availabe for some sac help if you need it...im a 10/90 with decent sigs
Same name as GAF

cyborg009

Banned
The art book

mainimg.jpg

What's your psn? I have a bunch of people from gag but don't know your names on there.

I'm Solidsilence. I'm up for doing a sonic race tonight or if you need help with any soul sacrifice boss I can help. Last week I did the Gemini kraken with golem and the random so got paired with sucked butt. I sacrificed them all and managed to beat it. XD

Hmm actually I don't have you on my list I just have someone named sol1dus. I'll add you

Im down for a Sonic trophy get if you still need ppl.
Also availabe for some sac help if you need it...im a 10/90 with decent sigs
Same name as GAF

I'll add you too.

Bought Hotline Miami. My £35 voucher is now nearly depleted! Don't want to make any purchases after that, it's a slippery slope, and I have more than enough to play...

Quick Q though, can I part purchase things? Like if I have £8 of my voucher left, can I add the £1.99 I need for a more expensive item? People give Nintendo a lot of shit for their store, but that's one great element of it.

baekshi

Banned
The sword jokes went full force last night baekshi you missed it when you disconnected.

edit: Also I'm up for sonic to get the trophy.

Damn, I lost connection from PSN. I'm also up for sonic trophy!

But I don't see anyone online. I sent requests~

Yeah, it kinda weird that they didn't mention anything about online at all, until the game was released and was confirmed by player.
On the other hand, completing this game in one sitting is just absurd, if you said this, then all games are short, SS, muramasa, dynatsy warrior, etc. The game is designed for grinding, finding parts/weapons, building your own mobile suit, if you just playing so you can complete all the missions and finish with it, then I don't think you are playing the game correctly =P.

I don't think I'm doing it wrong though. The missions ends too fast, I platinum'd the game under 30-40 hours. It's still a great game, just thought the replayability isn't that great when you'll mostly be playing online for later levels that can't be basically completed without others.

OmahaG8

Whoo, hoo! Just got P4G for $1.99

Ordered earlier this month for $16.99. Shipped right before XMas. UPS lost it. Amazon issuing replacement - and giving me $15 for my troubles.

Now I wait... some more :D

-Digits-

Whoo, hoo! Just got P4G for $1.99

Ordered earlier this month for $16.99. Shipped right before XMas. UPS lost it. Amazon issuing replacement - and giving me $15 for my troubles.

Now I wait... some more :D

You lucky devil! That may be the best deal ever.

I literally just got in my car after a stop at my local GameStoppery for that twenty dollar Tearway, and felt compelled to share this with you all.

Store had about 10 people total, a couple groups of 2. Two people were playing vita, another was looking at vita games, and a saleswoman was trying her bet to doin very knowledgeable in Vita games to two more people! Banter was exchanged with the cashier, surpised to see he also knew about very vita specific stuff, things in game and whatnot. Another clerk chimed in as well. I couldn't believe my eyes. Or ears. It made me feel so good! So much vita love, I had to share.

Itshappening.gif

Quick Q though, can I part purchase things? Like if I have £8 of my voucher left, can I add the £1.99 I need for a more expensive item? People give Nintendo a lot of shit for their store, but that's one great element of it.
Yes, with one condition:the minimum you can add to your wallet is £5. So, if you buy a £10 game, you have to pay £5 and have £3 credit, but if you buy a £15 game, you just pay the £7 difference. Do note that the rule applies per purchase, so it is possible to get round it by buying multiple things at once via the website.

Takao

Banned
Aren´t we supposed to not post pictures of magazines and things like that OR scans?
Also, that´s not Cinderella Girls, it says that´s a novelized version of it called Cinderella Story, for Vita, iOS and Android.

That looks to be a pamphlet, and not from a magazine so it's okay.

Omerta

I've sent out a couple of psn invitations to bulk out my desolate friends list!

Any AussieGaf's, AsianGaf or anyone near my TimezoneGaf?

Brisbane time here, although I'm a shift worker so I'm very often up at UkGaf or EuropeGaf's times too...

tl;dr?

AnyoneGaf

incpdo

Very detailed impressions (with screenshots) of various aspects of the Vita version of FFX.

I'm sure it's thread-worthy but I'm on mobile and it 5am here and I'm about to collapse.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/game...-hd-remaster-vita-out-now-impressio-31005418/

Overall, the port is solid, looks great and runs at 30fps for the most part. It also makes some clever (and minimal) use of the touchscreen. SE has also done some work specific to the Vita version (like larger text for example to make sure everything is more readable/playable.

Honestly I'm a pleasantly surprised SE didn't just take the cheap/easy road with the Vita version.

holy mother of squeenix. Im so gonna buy this , im so happy there is a retail version even thou ffx2 has to be dlc. This game will be good for the vita , im pretty sure about it, would be awesome some Kindom hearts love too.

Novocaine

I've sent out a couple of psn invitations to bulk out my desolate friends list!

Any AussieGaf's, AsianGaf or anyone near my TimezoneGaf?

Brisbane time here, although I'm a shift worker so I'm very often up at UkGaf or EuropeGaf's times too...

tl;dr?

AnyoneGaf

Sent you a req, Melbournian here.

Skyzard

Banned
I set up my 32GB recently and my 16GB with PS+ games. Everything is full or close to it, including the 64. Feels up-to-date! Should be good for a while but I just need luftrausers on this thing. Another game with excellent mechanics, I hope. Flash version was so good and they seem like a smart bunch who know gameplay. Need it. TxK for the visual flashyness. DBZ for a 3D stage fighter. Hope we hear confirmation dates for some of those indies.

Seems like EU missed out on Mutant Mudds?

Really in the mood to try Persona 4, sorry to bring this up again...easy vs normal? Normal? If there are pokemon aspects, I'd like to get into that, not totally just into the time management/dating aspect - so normal right? Or easy...

incpdo

I set up my 32GB recently and my 16GB with PS+ games. Everything is full or close to it, including the 64. Feels up-to-date! Should be good for a while but I just need luftrausers on this thing. Another game with excellent mechanics, I hope. Flash version was so good and they seem like a smart bunch who know gameplay. Need it. TxK for the visual flashyness. DBZ for a 3D stage fighter. Hope we hear confirmation dates for some of those indies.

Seems like EU missed out on Mutant Mudds?

ive just got my 32g card and have one already of 16g . So im not decided about how to arrange the games on the cards , i have more than 140 games including psOne, psp, Psm , PSN and retail. I have 30 Retail games so should i keep all the retail games on the 16g card or the 32? i know im gonna put all the psone , psp , and some PSM in that 16g card. why i have that limit of 100 bubbles? it could be much easier to arrange my things if it where at least a cap of 200

joe2187

Banned
I feel bad.

I've been cheating on my vita with my new 3DSXL. I've never played a Zelda game before and I find it very enjoyable.

I promise I'll play some sonic or spelunky on it soon....but....Zelda needs my help.

Skyzard

Banned
^ Your vita will cope, enjoy :)

ive just got my 32g card and have one already of 16g . So im not decided about how to arrange the games on the cards , i have more than 140 games including psOne, psp, Psm , PSN and retail. I have 30 Retail games so should i keep all the retail games on the 16g card or the 32? i know im gonna put all the psone , psp , and some PSM in that 16g card. why i have that limit of 100 bubbles? it could be much easier to arrange my things if it where at least a cap of 200

The cap is bullshit. I haven't spread mine across very well, I still use a main card with my favourites as I don't like switching cards much (although it's not so bad). Now that I've got them full with my stuff I'll probably dock the 64 for a while.
It would probably be easier if the retail games were all on one since they don't all save to the cart do they :/

incpdo

I feel bad.

I've been cheating on my vita with my new 3DSXL. I've never played a Zelda game before and I find it very enjoyable.

I promise I'll play some sonic or spelunky on it soon....but....Zelda needs my help.

after liking that zelda you should play a little of Alundra the PSOne zelda clone , that one under my point of view not only is a darker zelda-like-game but better than a lot of zeldas(im not saying is better than zelda as a saga itself becouse its not) Try it , its an excelent game and looks stunning on the Vita.

alundra-2.jpg

Sol1dus

Been playing Terraria for what's seems to be about 4hours now. I'm down if anybody wants to do the sonic trophy or play some SS

Edit- btw I added everyone that messaged me

Skyzard

Banned
I'm down for Sonic as well, send me a PM if you want to do it! And yeah mining away in Terraria is a major time kill, I pretty much zone out.

Alundra looks really cool, picked it up recently after all the Zelda hype, yet to delve into it though. So many classic games that are basically brought back to life with a nice platform to play them on. Got SOTN and Vagrant Story to look forward to as well although I have doubts about VS, doesn't seem all that popular? Has its fans though, good ratings too. Not typically a fan of the darker games but why not. I'm grown now :p

Shengar

Glad I got the platinum fairly quickly then. :p

Couldn't you just not update the game and get it that way though?
That would make save file rendered unplayable, since 1.30 save file obivously wouldn't work on 1.0 version of the game right?
Do we have a source of it? I found it the hard way when the trophy did not pop and I thought my save had glitched. The only easy way to do it now is to start fresh with a new bubble without updating the game. Downside is that no multiplayer and some of the avalon pacts are a bit hard.
It just a single source, but the one who had the problem is a gaffer and he said he already redone all the Avalon Pact quest. At first I though his playthrough is glitched, but after read that he replayed all of them again, I'm quite convinced that the requirement for the trophy indeed changed
What is your PSN ID? Let me add you.
thongorthegreat, anyone who want to play Soul Sacrifice could add me too

Novocaine

I feel bad.

You'll be back ^_^

My Vita got benched for quite a while when Animal Crossing came out, it would just sit there on the dock looking at me like the dirty whore I am. But now I'm sick of Animal Crossing and we're best buds again.

maouvin

Added a bunch of y'all. ID = GAF.

And damn, thanks to the new patch Dragon's Crown is taking all my Vita time. Poor Ys and SS.

incpdo

I'm down for Sonic as well, send me a PM if you want to do it! And yeah mining away in Terraria is a major time kill, I pretty much zone out.

Alundra looks really cool, picked it up recently after all the Zelda hype, yet to delve into it though. So many classic games that are basically brought back to life with a nice platform to play them on. Got SOTN and Vagrant Story to look forward to as well although I have doubts about VS, doesn't seem all that popular? Has its fans though, good ratings too. Not typically a fan of the darker games but why not. I'm grown now :p

for me Vagrant Story is my favorite PSX (and SOTN is my favorite game ever)rpg and the best 3d looking game of the machine , is gorgeous , and on Vita is only 90mb for an awesome 3d rpg that has more than 40 hours of goodness including a new game plus with more monsters and secrets to have.

I guess is not very popular becouse is not that easy generic jrpg, it has one of the most rare and yet best battle systems based on parasite eve`s (another great game to play in the Vita)

Skyzard

Banned
Sounds good thanks! Also, 90MB is why I picked it over Grandia :) SOTN isn't too bad either - 346mb, alundra 292mb. Not too pricey either here in EU.

Think I'm going to go ahead with Normal difficulty in P4G after reading some posts about how easy it is already, on another forum.

incpdo

Sounds good thanks! Also 90MB is why I picked it over Grandia :)

Man you should be like a brother i lost or something, similar tastes over here, Grandia has one of the best and more fun gameplays a hardcore JRPG can have , and i dont know it has something special , the game is great , just try it! (breath of fire 4 is on this list too). You just remind me i have to buy it on Vita! Parasite Eve is a rare mix between a Survival Horror game and a rpg(more a sh game though). It is worth the money.

Im 60 hours in P4G and it is one of examples of how can you make a good jrpg and not being archaic and boring in the process. IT is a MUST for every vitaowner like or not the JRPG genre

AwRy108

Anyone enjoying Rainbow Moon? I'm diving into Ys and was thinking of playing that after.

I highly recommend trying the demo first--it's what saved me from making the purchase. I liked everything about the game until I found out that it's a HUGE grind-fest. Ugh.

Skyzard

Banned
Man you should be like a brother i lost or something, similar tastes over here, Grandia has one of the best and more fun gameplays a hardcore JRPG can have , and i dont know it has something special , the game is great , just try it! (breath of fire 4 is on this list too). You just remind me i have to buy it on Vita! Parasite Eve is a rare mix between a Survival Horror game and a rpg(more a sh game though). It is worth the money.

Im 60 hours in P4G and it is one of examples of how can you make a good jrpg and not being archaic and boring in the process. IT is a MUST for every vitaowner like or not the JRPG genre

Haven't actually played any of them! Just following some advice from people on gaf, with hopefully good tastes :) Parasite Eve is a bit too scary but I finally picked up P4G in the recent sale, price was too good and I'm just about to start it for the first time now. Haven't played an RPG since FFX probably and I've never played Persona. Had it paused at the difficulty select screen for too long, will jump in normal...it's about time I think.

incpdo

i have to admit i like tearaway demo so much that i played it twice. gotta buy the game but i might get it in its physical form. the only thing it worries me is having to see my face all over the game all the time is not fun haha. If i where a 8 year kid i would enjoy that probably.

Skyzard:
once you enter the Tv world of Persona 4 Golden you will neever get out until you finish the damn game , is tooo good.

Skyzard

Banned
I'm up for some races, for sure. Also, I don't mind doing the sonic friends trophy thing.

Skyzard:
once you enter the Tv world of Persona 4 Golden you will neever get out until you finish the damn game , is tooo good.

I've heard...the intro itself was pretty wonderful and I've read a lot of good impressions. The game mechanics sound really awesome. I'm not sure about the dungeons but the combat and monster capturing/collecting (I think) sounds like it should make up for that. Will give it the time it deserves. Holidays feel like a good time to start it.

Haha baron I have you added already. I'm assuming its from the ps4 thread anyway since we're throwing up our own names, Kotd. Some sanic or anyone who has terraria that would like to playor heck anyone else add meh. Just mention that you're from gaf.

Sol1dus

Haha baron I have you added already. I'm assuming its from the ps4 thread anyway since we're throwing up our own names, Kotd. Some sanic or anyone who has terraria that would like to playor heck anyone else add meh. Just mention that you're from gaf.

SolidSilence24. Are you any good at it. I think I'm effed because I chose a medium sized map and it's taking forever to get any ore for good armor. XD

Im on right now and would def like to getin some sonic action.
Be warned Im fucking awesome
and by awesome i mean terrible beyond belief.

PSN Same as gaf name

Skyzard

Banned
Im on right now and would def like to getin some sonic action.
Be warned Im fucking awesome
and by awesome i mean terrible beyond belief.

PSN Same as gaf name

Will send over a friend request.

How many do we need for the Sonic trophy? 6? let me check - stick around for some races too if you can :p

-Sent over a request, and it's 5 for the 'team sonic' trophy - sonic, tails, amy, shadw and knuckles in the same race.

2 more...

Yopis

Added a bunch of y'all. ID = GAF.

And damn, thanks to the new patch Dragon's Crown is taking all my Vita time. Poor Ys and SS.

Also been back on Dragons Crown lately. Game is soooo good. Need to start Guacamelee bought It day one.

Really getting back onto playing my Vita again. Pulled back for a week after PS4 launch. My Vita keeps calling me back.

SolidSilence24. Are you any good at it. I think I'm effed because I chose a medium sized map and it's taking forever to get any ore for good armor. XD
mediums fine.
Concentrate more on spelunking to get vision so you can find wat you need with map vs digging.
Or just grub the ore from ppl as a little later youll have chsts fullorocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom