• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | December 2013 |

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can only download Vita games on PS3, or the device itself. Choose whichever one you feel has the best internet connection.

Fair enough, I was hoping I could download them via PC and transfer them using the USB cable. Oh well, not that big of a deal. Have already downloaded five titles.

Skyzard

Banned
Muramasa feels a lot better after changing the buttons a bit. They had one too many actions tied to the square button.

Just set L trigger to change sword, triangle to activate and circle to roll. Although I might change it some more. Thanks, Phatosaurus. Got rid of that buyer's remorse. The game is pretty but some of the fonts or something doesn't always mesh. Still nice.

The control setup seems to work quite nice now and the game is growing on me too. I've skipped so much of the story as I was rushing to try out the combat some more (you can't slash about outside of encounters). Might restart or read-up...worth it? Seems kinda funny sometimes.

The second boss was fun too, just did that. Had to switch to easy mode though, nothing to heal myself.

VanWinkle

Gather round vitabros, I have a story to tell. Mind you I'm not the best story teller but bare with me here.

So, me, this guy right here, "I," work at a video game retailer(I'm sure you can guess which one) as none of you know. Anywho, two different scenarios here, the first a gentleman that I sold a vita to couple weeks back came into the store today. He was all "eeyyyy man, look, I just gave the vita to my kid for Christmas, he was playing with it for a bit and then all of a sudden the screen went black and the light on the thing just stays blue, I wanna get another one man" Now, we all know what this means, that dreaded "blue light of death" or what ever you wanna call it, and honestly speaking, the only reason I know of thisissue, is cause of this thread, you guys, so thank you on that <3. SO I was like "well I can do an exchange for you but(and I just couldn't help it, the poor little vita was begging not to go into "defective") I can probably fix this for you and show you how if it happens again. turned the vita towards him, demonstrated the proper manner in which you hold the beautiful device and held down the power button and the R1 button. Low and behold a few seconds later the device, I guess, debug menu thingy, came up and clicked on "rebuild data base" and TA-DA! problem solved. Saved the vita, saved the trouble of doing a return and help set up the guy with a Playstation account and helped him download Netflix. :) Felt like I did my duty for the day.

Later on in the early after noon, and I'll cut this story a bit on the shorter side, a mother with her kids came in, again wanting to return their vita because they couldn't get their account on the system.It was a pre-owned one so there was already an account on there. Basically told the lady I could just fix that issue without having to exchange it and showed the kids all you had to do was restore the vita. click through a few things, set up the basics and proceeded to let them sign into their account. Ended up not having to do the exchange, saved them by selling them a memory card in advance(they didn't have one) and they bought some playstation network dollars to spend in the store! :D

/singlehandedly saving the vita.

Brah, you did well. You did VERY well.

Lint21

Neo Member
My GF got me a Vita for Christmas. Just got home from her parents house, a five-hour drive from where we live. Settled in to really spend some time playing my new Vita and realized that I left the charging cable at her parents house.

Proprietary charging cables really bum me out.

Flandy

i3Y2F1QKtWco6.jpg

Why is it doing this when I go into Friends?
Because your friends hate you and decide to delete you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5D0CqC36t8

Vita is becoming a portable VN machine which is ok with me.
Now they just need to get localized ;__;
My free PSN trial is running out soon. I plan to finish either Gravity Rush or Uncharted. I only have time to play one game. Which one should I go for? Which is the better game?
Gravity Rush. Uncharted is meh

Flandy

That is possible.

:lol Sent you a friend request. Maybe it will show all your friends again once you accept it? Could be maybe the nearest PSN sever to you is just acting up?

What do pulsating names on the friends list mean btw? Two of my friends were pulsating a white for some reason

VanWinkle

:lol Sent you a friend request. Maybe it will show all your friends again once you accept it? Could be maybe the nearest PSN sever to you is just acting up?

What do pulsating names on the friends list mean btw? Two of my friends were pulsating a white for some reason

I BELIEVE it means they are in a party (and possibly a joinable game).

But he could have done better; he forgot to sell everyone Tearaway :p.

Oooh that's true!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I finally finished Tearaway. If I had to rate it, I would give it an 8.5/10. Definitely a game everyone with a Vita should play, but I definitely don't think it's perfect or world changing. It was a pretty, fun, and relaxing experience.

I think one of my turn offs was how folky the game felt from start to finish. That's not really my thing, so take that for what it is. I also didn't like that some things were easily missed you first run through a level. And worse yet was when I missed something near the end of a long level. Replaying for 5 pieces of confetti? Nope.

But again, I'm really glad I played and finished it. It was, hands down, the best use of all of the Vita features. Technika wins for best use of front touch (I'm biased), but camera/back touch/mic? Congrats Tearaway!

Elvick

Banned
Has anyone played Resistance on Vita? I quite enjoyed 1-3, as I liked the Ratchet and Clank weapons mixed with real world gameplay :) I seem to recall it not getting great reviews though, but for £10, maybe its worth ripping through the campaign?
I had some fun with it, but it's not a very good game. Easy platinum if you can manage to find an online match.

You and I both think the same. I think Little Deviants had a lot of potential. The characters were cute, the art was great; too bad it never became a full fledged franchise. Would have loved to see 3D platformer set in the Deviants universe.
I wanted to see something like Kameo out of Little Deviants. Had nice visuals and nice art. Such a shame.

Daigoro

Why wasn't I invited? ;___;
because they hate you, but they keep you on their friends list so they can laugh at you when you arent invited to the party or the game.

PC Gamer for life.

And I emulated PS2 and GC titles that I really wanted to play (even though my backlog is still huge on these platforms).

PS360/Wii I kinda ignored. I was a handheld gamer by then.

i figured.

fernoca

They're $80 in store. No joke.
They aren't. ;)
The store pick-up option seems to be fucked up (it showed at $79.99 when I tried it), but the 32GB cards are ringing at $49.99 in-store ($19.99 for the 16GB ones).
Got a 32GB earlier from there. :)

So, here's a reminder that the offer ends on December 29. :p

(And you can backup your current one trade it, and save some more. Then just restore the backup to the new card).

Takao

Banned
Guys, Muramasa is awesome. So awesome.

Anybody have an answer for my question about battery percentage yet?

You answered the question yourself. There is currently no way to properly judge Vita's battery life outside of that tiny indicator next to the notifications bar.

For whatever reason there are certain parts of Vita's OS that has regressed from PSP's functionality.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
hnnnnng. I'd gladly love triple dip on a Vita Okami port too. In my case I own the PS3/Wii version
Out of curiosity. What do you do at Capcom?

I work at Beeline Interactive, which is one of Capcom's mobile branches. I work in the R&D department doing quality assurance. I love it, and it's been a great job, but Capcom proper drives me crazy sometimes when it comes to the games they want to produce. I just want Vita versions of Okami, Viewtiful Joe, and Resident Evil 4.

EDIT: I actually like the gibberish voices in Okami. Lol. It kind of reminds me of the gibberish voices in Animal Crossing.

Ratrat

So is there any way to make psp games look less horrible on vita. I was excited to play old games only vita but now I'm not so sure.

Flandy

So is there any way to make psp games look less horrible on vita. I was excited to play old games only vita but now I'm not so sure.

I wish they would give us the option to do 1:1 pixel mapping. Feature would be nice on normal vita games too.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I think he means having the option to keep the scaling untouched, so that you'd have a box in the original pixel mapping and a black border around it.

It was nice in that old CPS1/2 emulator I used on PSP way back when.

In that case, the game will fill up only 1/4 of the vita screen. Basically unplayable.

The mapping Sony used is already the ideal. It is either the above, or there is loss of information.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I am still salty as hell :(

I apologize if I sound like an annoying ranter/brat but yeah. Still can't believe it up to this second.

I guess there's nothing I can do about it.... hmmh.

Flandy

In that case, the game will fill up only 1/4 of the vita screen. Basically unplayable.

The mapping Sony used is already the ideal. It is either the above, or there is loss of information.
Option would still be nice. I think PSP games look fine on the Vita btw

I am still salty as hell :(

I apologize if I sound like an annoying ranter/brat but yeah. Still can't believe it up to this second.

I guess there's nothing I can do about it.... hmmh.
Could you explain the whole story?

Option would still be nice. I think PSP games look fine on the Vita btw

He ordered 3 games he thought had 0 change of localization, importing them from Japan.
Now all 3 games are being localized.

This is not the first time this has happened to Weeping Pickle. :)
Hence the gag posts asking him to import <game x>...

Flandy

He ordered 3 games he thought had 0 change of localization, importing them from Japan.
Now all 3 games are being localized.

This is not the first time this has happened to Weeping Pickle. :)
Hence the gag posts asking him to import <game x>...

I know the summary version :p I just want to hear the full story. I've done the gag posts towards him :lol

Could you make a list of stuff that has gotten localized after you ordered it?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Well, around a month ago I decided to import Japanese games since I want to learn Japanese and those games can help me doing it in a more fun way (of course I also took lessons on the side)

Anyways, after scouring and what-have-you I decided to get Conception 2, since it looks similar to Persona, Shinovi since several of my friends already bought it so why not, and Akiba's Trip 2 since I figured it will be impossible anyone would localize this game.

A week later, ATLUS decided to announce that they will localize Conception 2. And just recently, apparently XSEED also decided to localize Shinovi and Akiba's Trip 2.

Triple combo punch :(

Flandy

Well, around a month ago I decided to import Japanese games since I want to learn Japanese and those games can help me doing it in a more fun way (of course I also took lessons on the side)

Anyways, after scouring and what-have-you I decided to get Conception 2, since it looks similar to Persona, Shinovi since several of my friends already bought it so why not, and Akiba's Trip 2 since I figured it will be impossible anyone would localize this game.

A week later, ATLUS decided to announce that they will localize Conception 2. And just recently, apparently XSEED also decided to localize Shinovi and Akiba's Trip 2.

Triple combo punch :(
Is this how you became Weeping Pickle? This has happened before with sales too. right?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Is this how you became Weeping Pickle? This has happened before with sales too. right?

Nah, Bish awarded me with the tag due to events unrelated to any of this. But how strangely fitting my tag is right now, isn't it? Ah well.....................

....And yeah, several times sales screwed me up too. I bought NFS:MW Vita for 29.99 and a week later the price got cut permanently to 19.99. Growlanser PSP I bought for 19.99 and precisely at the next PS plus sales it became one of the games got cut down to 9.99 IIRC, just like Persona 3 FES that I bought at 9.99 gets a discount to... 4.99? IIRC? Rayman Origin Vita too, I bought it and the next week it got offered as a free PS Plus download.

Ah well..................... *hugs my Vita*

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
If that was your goal when buying those games then isn't it okay? Can't practice Japanese on localized games. If you study and get good then you can have the last banana laugh as you get to play anything you want in its original uncensored, uncut version and all localization troubles become a thing of the past.

baekshi

Banned
Nah, Bish awarded me with the tag due to events unrelated to any of this. But how strangely fitting my tag is right now, isn't it? Ah well.....................

....And yeah, several times sales screwed me up too. I bought NFS:MW Vita for 29.99 and a week later the price got cut permanently to 19.99. Growlanser PSP I bought for 19.99 and precisely at the next PS plus sales it became one of the games got cut down to 9.99 IIRC, just like Persona 3 FES that I bought at 9.99 gets a discount to... 4.99? IIRC? Rayman Origin Vita too, I bought it and the next week it got offered as a free PS Plus download.

tCaaewV.png

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
If that was your goal when buying those games then isn't it okay? Can't practice Japanese on localized games. If you study and get good then you can have the last banana laugh as you get to play anything you want in its original uncensored, uncut version and all localization troubles become a thing of the past.

Yeah I suppose that's the silver lining... hmm.... :)

Flandy

Explain the tag please? :)

You poor thing :c

I really enjoyed the console resistance games, but I thought Resistance Burning Skies was quite bad. Sub-native visuals (Oh also, were you at BigBig when development of Little Deviants was done? That game had great visuals. Would have loved to see a 3D platformer a'la Super Mario 3D Land set in that world and with that engine), HORRIBLE sound, both in its compression and the actual gun sounds, formulaic story that didn't make me interested in the story at all, art style that lacked any of the uniqueness of the console games and feels far more generic, compressed cutscenes that you are forced to watch every time you start the campaign from closing the game, really easy and short, and the most barebones multiplayer component I've seen in a long time. Gunplay feels good, but id honestly think that's the only thing going for it.

Huh, yeah I was at Bigbig during that project. Sadly it didn't turn out like we had planned at all :( It started as a completely different genre of game.

Thanks everyone for the feedback on Resistance. I'll try the demo (wasn't aware there was one!)

Blinck

Gotta say, 40 minutes in and I'm kinda bored of Muramasa...due to the combat...

doh

Will give it more time later on but going to get eufloria with my new ps+ discount as consolation.

Like it was suggested try to change the control scheme!

Also, maybe try to change the difficulty to Chaos ( you can change it at any time IIRC ).
The challenge rooms are also great and show that the combat does have depth to it and is not just mindless button mashing. You need to be constantly changing swords and bring a good amount of supplies with you, specially if you try them at a lower level than the recommended one!

BTW, does anyone know what happened to Fieldrunners 2 coming to vita? It was supposed to come out during the summer :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom