• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | December 2013 |

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loving my recently bought Vita so far but I need a grip. Quick searched Amazon and these came up. Any suggestions on which one is best? I keep hearing the HORI grip is the best but it's OOS everywhere. :(

PDP PSVita Trigger Grips

CTA Digital PS Vita Hand Grip

Nyko Power Grip for Vita

DreamGEAR Playstation Vita Comfort Grip

Thanks!

Can't talk for the others, but I have the PDP one and it is very, very good. No complaints and cramps whatsoever and it feels very comfy and sturdy.

61XN%2BHpgSAL._SL1500_.jpg

Skyzard

Banned
^ yep

Only just started really playing Assassin's Creed on Vita (£12.50), but I'm definitely enjoying it. It's certainly janky in a few ways (dodgy audio sometimes, framerate dips, stuff not giving me the right option until I retry/walk/look around for a bit) but it's also pretty cool. It's assassins creed on vita! More impressions later but just having fun tearing down posters...and killing witnesses/outrunning guards atm. Like the freerunning look they have when you press down both triggers. Only played the first AC game so it has been a while, not sure how it compares to the recent games.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
My screens of an awesome looking visual novel and Damascus Gear

I still have to try Dragon's Dogma Quest and something more.

I really like Damascus Gear, the only thing i don't understand is why it hasn't twin stick shooter controls, the second analog is not used, it automatically aim the enemy in front of you(and not perfectly) :\

EDIT:
I was forgetting to say that Damascus Gear is really easily playable for those who don't know Japanese(well if you don't care about the pre/post missions messages obviously), menus are in English and even if components stats names are in Japanese better stats are in blue while worse stats are in orange.

a) Muramasa or b) LBP+Kung Fu Rabbit for 11€ from the sale? First reply wins.

Nearing the end of Tearaway and I don't feel like diving into any of the PS+ games yet.

Flandy

WHAT THE FUCK.

Seriously, WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT.

Quoting myself from the previous Vita thread:

NOW ALL THREE OF THEM ARE BEING LOCALIZED??????
Type-0 Do it
Ace Attorney Investigations 2 Do it

Hey fellow Vita owners,

I got a one (1) $10 PSN code for US users (I'm Canadian). Just PM me and I'll give it to the first one :)
Wish I didn't sleep in >:l

$130 for a refurbished Vita (Assassin's Creed white model) at Gamestop. Yay or nay, VitaGAF?
Do it. I always wanted a white vita but settled for the normal black one

Always wanted to try it and never pulled the trigger. *crosses fingers*
Winner!
killatopak
Banned
(Today, 07:02 PM)
Rip :c

DagsJT

Any recommendations on a good grip that's actually in stock in the UK? I've read Konig, BigBen and Hori are all good but not in stock anywhere, even Amazon.

Just got a Vita for Christmas, this is my first handheld since the original PSP. Few questions and couple suggestions would help.

I'm pretty careful with my electronics. I've had my S3 for over a year and it still does not have a scratch, nor has it been dropped. I do have a Otterbox Commuter case on it, which is nice because it lets me place it screen down on the table without the screen actually touching the table. Anyways, do I need a screen protector for the Vita? I really do not want to buy one mainly because I hate the slight filtered look that they all give.

I still have the slipcase that came with my original PSP, can I safely use this for the Vita? My concern are the sticks, I wouldn't want them to be pushed in a direction for hours.

I just bought a 16gb card from BB ($20 pricematch from GS), how far will this take me/how many games can I store on it?

Is there anything I should do or not do in terms of burn-in?

Do most of the PS One Classics/PSP games play just fine? I was going to download Jeanne d'Arc, Final Fantasy IX, and Tactics immediately (side-note on this is there still slow down, if so can I install the patch to fix it?). How often do PS One Classics and such go on sale? I take it there is no way to move UMD's to Vita, I remember Japan getting something like that.

Thanks!

Skyzard

Banned
Just got a Vita for Christmas, this is my first handheld since the original PSP. Few questions and couple suggestions would help.

I'm pretty careful with my electronics. I've had my S3 for over a year and it still does not have a scratch, nor has it been dropped. I do have a Otterbox Commuter case on it, which is nice because it lets me place it screen down on the table without the screen actually touching the table. Anyways, do I need a screen protector for the Vita? I really do not want to buy one mainly because I hate the slight filtered look that they all give.

I still have the slipcase that came with my original PSP, can I safely use this for the Vita? My concern are the sticks, I wouldn't want them to be pushed in a direction for hours.

I just bought a 16gb card from BB ($20 pricematch from GS), how far will this take me/how many games can I store on it?

Do most of the PS One Classics/PSP games play just fine? I was going to download Jeanne d'Arc, Final Fantasy IX, and Tactics immediately (side-note on this is there still slow down, if so can I install the patch to fix it?). How often do PS One Classics and such go on sale? I take it there is no way to move UMD's to Vita, I remember Japan getting something like that.

Thanks!

Too many questions for me atm I'm afriad but let's see...ps1 games are awesome. PS1 sales aren't that frequent but not too rare. No UMD movage outside of Japan afaik.

16GB card - Indies are usually a GB or under. Full games usually about a GB or 3.

Don't jerk off to an image for 4 hours without turning off the screen to avoid burn-in, or something ;)

I use a screen protector, others do not.

-Oh and enjoy your Vita!!! Awesome gift :) Sorry for the vague responses, hopefully others can explain better.

If only the Vita had a 3D capability too, then you could make it appear like the Sorceress is resting her dirty pillows on the 3DS.

I don't like 'dirty pillows' what nasty ass women..ah..strippers :p Although, sorceress probably get's a little dirty.

Blinck

Holy shit Muramasa is pretty damn awesome. Looks, plays, and runs beautifully on the Vita.
I feel like it's sort of an unappreciated game. I just don't see that many people talking about it.
But man I'm really enjoying it and from what I've played ( although not that much - around 6h) I really recommend it to anyone that likes oriental settings and lore, fast paced and satisfying action, and gorgeous painted backgrounds.

Skyzard

Banned
Holy shit Muramasa is pretty damn awesome. Looks, plays, and runs beautifully on the Vita.
I feel like it's sort of an unappreciated game. I just don't see that many people talking about it.
But man I'm really enjoying it and from what I've played ( although not that much - around 6h) I really recommend it to anyone that likes oriental settings and lore, fast paced and satisfying action, and gorgeous painted backgrounds.

Damn you. I want to escape with some cash...

Have you played Dragon's Crown? A little, a lot? Did you like it? Is it worth it to get both...

It seems very pretty but I'm worried the action won't hold up? I was okay with DC's action as sorceress... but it being a Wii game and all, I'm a bit worried it's too simple?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.

Yeah I love muramasa. I wish dragon's crown was cheaper I would buy that too.

Blinck

Damn you. I want to escape with some cash...

Have you played Dragon's Crown? A little, a lot? Did you like it? Is it worth it to get both...

It seems very pretty but I'm worried the action won't hold up? I was okay with DC's action as sorceress... but it being a Wii game and all, I'm a bit worried it's too simple?

I haven't played Dragon's Crown yet!
Muramasa so far doesn't seem extremely complex, but it isn't a button-mashing festival either, specially if you do the challenge caves or play in Chaos mode ( hard mode )
The sword system is really cool, you can have 3 swords equipped ( and there are many many swords that you can craft or loot from bosses ) and you basically need to be constantly changing between them during battles. There are 2 very different combat styles for normal swords and longswords, and each sword in these 2 categories has different special abilities and such. It's really cool and you are constantly experimenting with different swords to see what fits you better! The combat really gives the vibe of japanese movies with sword-fighting....it has a lot of style.
But again, I'm still fairly early, only 6 hours in in what seems to be like a 20 hour game ( according to HLTB).
Also a small warning - the game does have a fair bit of backtracking, although I think you can eventually unlock fast travel later!
I might also be a bit biased because I really like this sort of oriental setting and painted graphic style :p
But yeah so far I really recommend it :)

Skyzard

Banned
^ hmm okay, thank you for your impressions...guess I will likely pick it up...reluctantly hah. Really wanted to give my other games more time but the sale prices have been so good.

How much of a lie was the 'not too button mashy' comment? :p

I won't blame you don't worry! I think I know what I'll be in for...nice filesize space at least. Ok thanks lol.

I could do $20-$30. I already got a carrying case. I'm looking for something similar to a phone case cover.

Not sure exactly what you want but is it like this?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0073ESYLS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Or perhaps more like this:

http://www.sfbags.com/products/ps-vita-cases/ps-vita-cases.php

Same link as before ^^ click on the PS Vita Suede Jacket pics?

Sorry! Might be worth having a browse on amazon or ebay as well, may take a while.

Maedhros

Anyway, I'm off to bed now. I still have a Warhawk key left. If you want it just quote this post and tell me why you want it. I'll select a winner whenever I wake up.
Warhawk-PS1.jpg

I never played Warhawk on PS1. And PS1 was the last console I've played... even then, I didn't play lots of great games it offers.

Skyzard

Banned
I never played Warhawk on PS1. And PS1 was the last console I've played... even then, I didn't play lots of great games it offers.

Never played Warhawk on PS1 either but had a lot of fun times in the PS3 game. Picked it up to play on Vita but unfortunately doesn't work here in the EU. Not sure if it does by transferring with a PS3, does anyone know if it's possible? Mine is out of commission some-what.

VanWinkle

Thanks!

I would recommend a screen protector. I hate them too, but whereas your S3 has a glass face, the Vita's is plastic/acrylic, making it more prone to micro scratches. Hori makes a screen protector the covers the whole face, and I had no problems applying it after watching a video on YouTube about it. My screen still looks fantastic. I highly recommend it since you like keeping your electronics looking good like I do.

Your PSP slipcase SHOULD work okay but it may be a little snug and I don't know what that potentially means for the analog sticks.

For your card, indie games generally are anywhere from 50-700MB with a few exceptions, and retail games tend to be in the 1-3.3GB range, so it really depends on what your getting. It should be good for a little while.

For preventing burn-in, all I would say is don't use the web browser for over a couple hours a day just to be safe. My Vita is a US first-edition bundle I bought on Feb 15, 2012 and I have no bit of burn-in whatsoever. I don't know if its because I hardly ever use the web browser or what.

The PSone games that are on the Vita store all work just fine. And you are correct that you can't transfer UMDs to the Vita.

Hope this helps, and welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom