• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | December 2013 |

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't talk for the others, but I have the PDP one and it is very, very good. No complaints and cramps whatsoever and it feels very comfy and sturdy.

61XN%2BHpgSAL._SL1500_.jpg
I really love the size and feel of this one but one of the triggers sticks. Wondering if I just got a bunk one, because I haven't heard anyone else mention it about theirs.

Holy shit Muramasa is pretty damn awesome. Looks, plays, and runs beautifully on the Vita.
I feel like it's sort of an unappreciated game. I just don't see that many people talking about it.
But man I'm really enjoying it and from what I've played ( although not that much - around 6h) I really recommend it to anyone that likes oriental settings and lore, fast paced and satisfying action, and gorgeous painted backgrounds.

I love it, I've just not had the time to play it as much as I'd like. I have about 3 bosses left on my first play through with one character (I think, based on the Trophy list at least). It's a lovely game, plays fantastically, looks beautiful and is a stunner on the Vita screen.

I too want Dragons Crown, but I'll have to wait for a few months before buying it. Ys will be in Europe in the next couple of months and that will be my next grind game :)

Has anyone played Resistance on Vita? I quite enjoyed 1-3, as I liked the Ratchet and Clank weapons mixed with real world gameplay :) I seem to recall it not getting great reviews though, but for £10, maybe its worth ripping through the campaign?

Tapejara

Has anyone played Resistance on Vita? I quite enjoyed 1-3, as I liked the Ratchet and Clank weapons mixed with real world gameplay :) I seem to recall it not getting great reviews though, but for £10, maybe its worth ripping through the campaign?

I didn't really enjoy it. The gameplay was serviceable, but everything else was pretty subpar. Campaign doesn't really add anything to the Resistance universe and the game is pretty light on plot. There's no sense of atmosphere like in console games, some guns are fun while others are a tad annoying due to the touch controls. Overall I found it to be a below average shooter.

VanWinkle

I really enjoyed the console resistance games, but I thought Resistance Burning Skies was quite bad. Sub-native visuals (Oh also, were you at BigBig when development of Little Deviants was done? That game had great visuals. Would have loved to see a 3D platformer a'la Super Mario 3D Land set in that world and with that engine), HORRIBLE sound, both in its compression and the actual gun sounds, formulaic story that didn't make me interested in the story at all, art style that lacked any of the uniqueness of the console games and feels far more generic, compressed cutscenes that you are forced to watch every time you start the campaign from closing the game, really easy and short, and the most barebones multiplayer component I've seen in a long time. Gunplay feels good, but id honestly think that's the only thing going for it.

Tapejara

(Oh also, were you at BigBig when development of Little Deviants was done? That game had great visuals. Would have loved to see a 3D platformer a'la Super Mario 3D Land set in that world and with that engine)

You and I both think the same. I think Little Deviants had a lot of potential. The characters were cute, the art was great; too bad it never became a full fledged franchise. Would have loved to see 3D platformer set in the Deviants universe.

Maligna

Banned
Just played my PS4 via remote play from a friend's house in a different part of town...
Guys... WE'RE LIVING IN THE FUTURE!

Damn you. I want to escape with some cash...

Have you played Dragon's Crown? A little, a lot? Did you like it? Is it worth it to get both...

It seems very pretty but I'm worried the action won't hold up? I was okay with DC's action as sorceress... but it being a Wii game and all, I'm a bit worried it's too simple?

Yes. Worth it to get both, if you like their respective genres.

Try the demo. You can get a pretty good feel for it based off that.
If you just want to play it for the solo campaign, it's not a bad spin... I thought it was an alright time.

Just played my PS4 via remote play from a friend's house in a different part of town...
Guys... WE'RE LIVING IN THE FUTURE!

Quiet you. I do not need a $400 vita accessory.

Skyzard

Banned
Gotta say, 40 minutes in and I'm kinda bored of Muramasa...due to the combat...

doh

Will give it more time later on but going to get eufloria with my new ps+ discount as consolation.

So in Valhalla Knights 3 you'll just be shopping and the scantily glad shopkeeper lady will suddenly just say she wants 'sexy time' with you, huh?

This certainly is a video game lol.

Gotta say, 40 minutes in and I'm kinda bored of Muramasa...due to the combat...

doh

Will give it more time later on but going to get eufloria with my new ps+ discount as consolation.

2 hours in and I'm kinda bored of Muramara...due to to the backtracking.

I love the combat. It took some control fiddling but I got there.
Bind movement to the dpad, attack to Square and dodge to circle. It reallty is fantastic.

Also swap item scroll to left stick, use item to L and special attack to R. Enjoy.

0OoO0

My free PSN trial is running out soon. I plan to finish either Gravity Rush or Uncharted. I only have time to play one game. Which one should I go for? Which is the better game?

johnyqd

Free PSOne Classics. Vita/PSP/PS3 Compatible
Destruction Derby, Twisted Metal, and Warhawk

7th Person to PM me get their choice of game.
These are North American codes. I'm unsure if these work in Canada or not.

Thanks for the game Flandy - I can't wait to see how this game compares to my sketchy (but good) memories of playing it!

I might have missed it but... what is the reason for the giveaway?!?

What is the best/fastest way to download games to the PS Vita?

Thanks for the suggestions Sky/Van. I'm really excited to own a Vita, it is something I have been debating for a long time. The PS+ stuff finally pushed me over the edge. The free games!

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
This is horrible TMI, but I finally broke down and played my PS4 through my Vita while I was in the restroom. I just wanted to try it out and see how Remote Play functioned when not in the same room as the PS4. It worked excellently.

It is a pretty cool feature, but I doubt I'll have much use for it honestly.

Although, now it really makes me wish the PS3 had more robust functional remote play. There are so many PSN titles I have on my PS3 that I'd love to play through my Vita, like Beyond Good and Evil HD and Okami HD.

Skyzard

Banned
2 hours in and I'm kinda bored of Muramara...due to to the backtracking.

I love the combat. It took some control fiddling but I got there.
Bind movement to the dpad, attack to Square and dodge to circle. It reallty is fantastic.

Also swap item scroll to left stick, use item to L and special attack to R. Enjoy.

Thanks, will try fiddling with the controls now. Tried switching the d-pad and analogues earlier but kept changing the item accidentally with the sticks, may need some more practice.

This is horrible TMI, but I finally broke down and played my PS4 through my Vita while I was in the restroom. I just wanted to try it out and see how Remote Play functioned when not in the same room as the PS4. It worked excellently.

Although, now it really makes me wish the PS3 had more robust functional remote play. There are so many PSN titles I have on my PS3 that I'd love to play through my Vita, like Beyond Good and Evil HD and Okami HD.
I... did that today, too lol. Played Lego Marvel on the throne and it was good!

Vita remote play works throughout my whole house, but sometimes it will randomly screw up (even next to the PS4) and I have to reset remote play. That's quite rare, though.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.

Capcom really should consider putting okami on the ps vita

Flandy

Thanks for the game Flandy - I can't wait to see how this game compares to my sketchy (but good) memories of playing it!

I might have missed it but... what is the reason for the giveaway?!?

Meh. I gave them away since I figured I wouldn't really play them much. Figured someone else who would get more enjoyment out of the games should have them

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I... did that today, too lol. Played Lego Marvel on the throne and it was good!

Vita remote play works throughout my whole house, but sometimes it will randomly screw up (even next to the PS4) and I have to reset remote play. That's quite rare, though.

Yeah, I was sitting right next to the PS4, and it lost connection to it, but it worked fine when I reconnected.

Capcom really should consider putting okami on the ps vita

God, I'd gladly triple dip on Okami HD on Vita (already own the PS2 and PS3 version). But yeah, I work for Capcom, and they are fucking stupid, so I wouldn't hold my breath. We've gotten wind of a lot of titles they've had in production in the past that I couldn't talk about, but I've heard jack shit about an Okami Vita. At least for now. I'd like to think Sony's special Vita team is courting them.

Flandy

Yeah, I was sitting right next to the PS4, and it lost connection to it, but it worked fine when I reconnected.

God, I'd gladly triple dip on Okami HD on Vita (already own the PS2 and PS3 version). But yeah, I work for Capcom, and they are fucking stupid, so I wouldn't hold my breath. We've gotten wind of a lot of titles they've had in production in the past that I couldn't talk about, but I've heard jack shit about an Okami Vita. At least for now. I'd like to think Sony's special Vita team is courting them.

hnnnnng. I'd gladly love triple dip on a Vita Okami port too. In my case I own the PS3/Wii version
Out of curiosity. What do you do at Capcom?

Unless Capcom figures out how to put in a "turn off gibberish bullshit (voices)" for Okami, I will never give them another sale of that game. I bought it on PS3 and yet I can't bring myself to play it... partially because I've already beaten it before but partially because I hate the voices in that game THAT much and there's a ton of dialogue/text.

Will best buy match GS? If so, score.

Yes. I had them price match a 16gb for $20.00. They were difficult about it but in the end they did it. The big problem is they said they couldn't find the price online, even though I brought in the website on my phone (its a pdf).

I bought the Vita today (I had 40 in RZ credit and a 60 gift card). They gave me a $15.00 gift card when I did (promo 15 gc for 100 purchase). I then used the $15 gc on the price matched memory card.

jf DOOM

Just got a 16gb card in the mail today. Huge upgrade from the 4gb I've been using since last October. Just got tired of juggling games.

Gather round vitabros, I have a story to tell. Mind you I'm not the best story teller but bare with me here.

So, me, this guy right here, "I," work at a video game retailer(I'm sure you can guess which one) as none of you know. Anywho, two different scenarios here, the first a gentleman that I sold a vita to couple weeks back came into the store today. He was all "eeyyyy man, look, I just gave the vita to my kid for Christmas, he was playing with it for a bit and then all of a sudden the screen went black and the light on the thing just stays blue, I wanna get another one man" Now, we all know what this means, that dreaded "blue light of death" or what ever you wanna call it, and honestly speaking, the only reason I know of thisissue, is cause of this thread, you guys, so thank you on that <3. SO I was like "well I can do an exchange for you but(and I just couldn't help it, the poor little vita was begging not to go into "defective") I can probably fix this for you and show you how if it happens again. turned the vita towards him, demonstrated the proper manner in which you hold the beautiful device and held down the power button and the R1 button. Low and behold a few seconds later the device, I guess, debug menu thingy, came up and clicked on "rebuild data base" and TA-DA! problem solved. Saved the vita, saved the trouble of doing a return and help set up the guy with a Playstation account and helped him download Netflix. :) Felt like I did my duty for the day.

Later on in the early after noon, and I'll cut this story a bit on the shorter side, a mother with her kids came in, again wanting to return their vita because they couldn't get their account on the system.It was a pre-owned one so there was already an account on there. Basically told the lady I could just fix that issue without having to exchange it and showed the kids all you had to do was restore the vita. click through a few things, set up the basics and proceeded to let them sign into their account. Ended up not having to do the exchange, saved them by selling them a memory card in advance(they didn't have one) and they bought some playstation network dollars to spend in the store! :D

/singlehandedly saving the vita.

Takao

Banned
What is the best/fastest way to download games to the PS Vita?

You can only download Vita games on PS3, or the device itself. Choose whichever one you feel has the best internet connection.

So that topic for the Moero Chronicle Vita game got locked but I had to post this somewhere.

Amazingly non-subtle weapon for the hero, kind of NWS
http://livedoor.4.blogimg.jp/himasoku123/imgs/c/d/cd99cb59.jpg

I can feel those vibes and I'm on another continent.

Yes soul sacrifice is getting a artbook. But I think I'll wait a bit for it to see if it comes out here.

We never got the Gravity Rush art book though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom