• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Walmart canceling Destiny Ghost Edition pre-orders.

x-Lundz-x

#TeamProcessing

VIqNhsj.jpg

Thanks for the reminder lol.

Bestbuy did the same thing to me. I am kind of pissed. They didn't need to make them so limited. I think they are doing it on purpose to create a frenzy for the game. Any publicity is good publicity.

Poly-Gons

Neo Member
Did you get a gift card/ promo code? Some people got $50 for the cancellation

yeah they gave me a 50$ promo code but i don't care i want my limited edition :( man i'm so sad right now. Best buy just killed the fun and the excitement of the game.
I can't believe it

nillapuddin

The one guy had like 4 kayaks strapped to his SUV iirc

I had literally just moved from FL to San Francisco the week that happened, no more car, no more in store pick up, so much regret.

I coulda had all the TV's and
kayaks

relevancy edit: sorry for all those preorder-ers who got cancelled.

Poly-Gons

Neo Member
I'm sorry but i'm really pissed right now ! any solution ? or info ? i just check amazon.fr amazon.uk they all have stock for the limited edition !!

Do you guys think amazon.com will have more ?

Cynn

I had 2 limited editions ordered and BB canceled 1 and provided a $50 gift cert. Other is still live.
Damn. I bet we are about to see a mass culling from a few chains now. I got the digital Guardian edition after telling all of my friends we could just grab the physical stuff later like cat head editions of Halo 3. Shit.

Damn. I bet we are about to see a mass culling from a few chains now. I got the digital Guardian edition after telling all of my friends we could just grab the physical stuff later like cat head editions of Halo 3. Shit.

I have one at amazon and one at best buy. I've been checking my email constantly. I'm hoping for the best

blamite

Any word about GameStop in-store preorders getting cancelled? Would they let me know with a call or email or something if they cancelled it or would I have to find out the hard way?

Poly-Gons

Neo Member
I have one at amazon and one at best buy. I've been checking my email constantly. I'm hoping for the best

Are you serious ? 2 orders not cool for people like me who just had their orders cancel
And of course you gonna cancel one of them just before the 9th

boltz

It is kind of ridiculous they are limiting the pre-orders. These people want one. Limited Edition like this should essentially be limited on the basis of only those that pre-orderd gets ones, not make 1000 and that's it. I hate crap like that just as much as calling something limited like Halo LE's then mass producing hundreds of thousands of them.

Who says that they are making only a tiny quantity? The demand could be sky high and they've run out even if they made tons of them. At the same time it's a limited edition, and that limit could be anything they want.

Are you serious ? 2 orders not cool for people like me who just had their orders cancel

Or, you could say if you would have preordered at 2 places, like he did, you would still have one that wasn't cancelled.

He is smart!!

What's the whole shenanigans about the TV's and Kayaks?

When WalMart had the pre Black Friday pricing errors, like there were nearly hundreds of items that were totally mispriced.

A whole #KayakGAF was formed, when all of us bought Kayaks' for like $30 and a monumental Kayak escape was planned down the Red River in an army of 100s.

Then, our dreams were crushed when Sam Walton returned from the grave, hacked the WalMart infrastructure to cancel all #KayakGAF orders, ending the adventure before it ever started.

Or something similar to that.

JPS Kai

Any word about GameStop in-store preorders getting cancelled? Would they let me know with a call or email or something if they cancelled it or would I have to find out the hard way?

I've heard nothing yet. Gamestop seemed like they had more of a hard cap on reserves since they shut off much quicker than BB or WM. I could always be wrong though.

Then, our dreams were crushed when Sam Walton returned from the grave, hacked the WalMart infrastructure to cancel all #KayakGAF orders, ending the adventure before it ever started.

Haha I was curious about this as well. I saw a pic though with a car loaded with way too many kayaks on top. I suppose some arrived at the store in time before the error was corrected?

Sirim

Sure it's been said before, but just wanna let people know Best Buy is sending out emails like this as well. People in the Withdrawal thread have been talking about their orders getting canceled from Best Buy.

Edit: Yeah it's been said. Best of luck to everyone.

One is for me and the other is for my brother as a birthday present. Wasn't trying to rub salt in the wound

Haha I was curious about this as well. I saw a pic though with a car loaded with way too many kayaks on top. I suppose some arrived at the store in time before the error was corrected?

I am pretty sure that was photoshoped, but hilarious.

The funny thing was, that thread got crazy hype over the Kayaks. People were bringing home 55 inch Smart TVs, tons of LED Monitors, there was all types of awesome DJ Equipment for pennies on the dollars, but the Kayak Craze basically took over that whole thread.

Then, everyone was waiting for their Kayaks to ship. It was amazing. Then one by one, day after day, Kayak after Kayak was cancelled. People would come in, wanting to talk about if they could still get the TVs if they went in store, but nobody wanted to hear it, Kayak talk continued.

I believe it was Good Morning America contacted EvilLore and wanted to use the NeoGaf thread for a story on the Price Errors. He left a cryptic message that we should watch the show. All they ended up doing was showing a Gaffers Selfie of him driving his car with like 2 or 3 Samsungs in the backseat, but it was awesome. Dude was on Good Morning America smiling, driving with thousands of dollars of TVs in his backseat.

Here was the thread

Here was a shot of the Gaffers Selfie on Good Morning America.

Poly-Gons

Neo Member
Hah!

I see where you're coming from, but just thought the wording you chose is bit funny. In regard to the Limited edition and whatnot.

I have no problem with limited edition being limited. But I hate when they take an order and cancel it after. It's like overbooking a plane to be sure it's full

Sirim

I have no problem with limited edition being limited. But I hate when they take an order and cancel it after. It's like overbooking a plane to be sure it's full
We agree there. It's absurd and honestly I feel Bungie should manufacture new Ghost editions for everyone who had a pre-order canceled.

Got my Best Buy Limited Edition cancelled as well. They did hook up a $50 gift card, but it's still disappointing since there's no other way to get the LE.

PirateSpawner

Neo Member
Are there any consequences for them when they cancel like that? I didn't order any but i can imagine people choosing between walmart and other retailer and then getting nothing at all. I would be a little angry about it.

Are there any consequences for them when they cancel like that? I didn't order any but i can imagine people choosing between walmart and other retailer and then getting nothing at all. I would be a little angry about it.
I'm annoyed, but BB did offer a $50 gift certificate which they didn't really have to do. I wouldn't be surprised if Walmart just cancels the order, apologizes, and does nothing else.

Tusk

So far it's just ps4/xbone GE's that are being cancelled, right? Or has it been this way for PS360 too? I'm getting the GE for PS3 and it'd suck alot if it got cancelled.

Korten

Banned
Bestbuy did the same thing to me. I am kind of pissed. They didn't need to make them so limited. I think they are doing it on purpose to create a frenzy for the game. Any publicity is good publicity.

Maybe I'm wrong...

But my Paypal says they still charged me for my order... Or am I reading it wrong?

SnakeEyes

Banned
YOu know you done fucked up when you can't supply walmart with product.

There has to be more to the story here.
A truly limited Limited Edition? Who knew.

So far it's just ps4/xbone GE's that are being cancelled, right? Or has it been this way for PS360 too? I'm getting the GE for PS3 and it'd suck alot if it got cancelled.
Not just Wal-Mart and not just GEs. Best Buy customers have reportedly received e-mails saying their LE orders are being cancelled too, and are being offered $50 towards the regular edition or digital download.

LiK

i think only PS4/One. PS360 should be fine.

otapnam

I am pretty sure that was photoshoped, but hilarious.

The funny thing was, that thread got crazy hype over the Kayaks. People were bringing home 55 inch Smart TVs, tons of LED Monitors, there was all types of awesome DJ Equipment for pennies on the dollars, but the Kayak Craze basically took over that whole thread.

Then, everyone was waiting for their Kayaks to ship. It was amazing. Then one by one, day after day, Kayak after Kayak was cancelled. People would come in, wanting to talk about if they could still get the TVs if they went in store, but nobody wanted to hear it, Kayak talk continued.

I believe it was Good Morning America contacted EvilLore and wanted to use the NeoGaf thread for a story on the Price Errors. He left a cryptic message that we should watch the show. All they ended up doing was showing a Gaffers Selfie of him driving his car with like 2 or 3 Samsungs in the backseat, but it was awesome. Dude was on Good Morning America smiling, driving with thousands of dollars of TVs in his backseat.

Here was the thread

Here was a shot of the Gaffers Selfie on Good Morning America.

I was so mad im on West coast. I'm like a mile from a Walmart. Could've came up big that day if I woke up in time

Tusk

Not just Wal-Mart and not just GEs. Best Buy customers have reportedly received e-mails saying their LE orders are being cancelled too, and are being offered $50 towards the regular edition or digital download.

i think only PS4/One. PS360 should be fine.

Ah, thank you both. Not as worried now. :b Crazy how quickly this sold out, and so much so that this is going on.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Ah fuck, Best Buy canceled my PS4 Limited Edition. I thought only the Ghost Edition might run into these problems =(

mcbradle

Neo Member
This seems really weird. Activision is very, VERY skilled at large, multi-million unit supply chain management from COD and Blizzard's games. So, why would this be a problem now with Bungie's game? They have to have anticipated demand. I was going to say that it seems like Wal-Mart is just being Wal-Mart again. But people saying Best Buy is doing it too is making it even weirder. Probably a mix up with some distributor? I don't know. Activision knows how to ship this kind of large scale game launch, though. At least I thought they did.

NeededSleep

Ive had friends get some orders cancled from best buy and gamestop. Never had wal mart, though never ordered a game through them. Glad to see some are getting some sort of compensation for it.

I usually just order through Amazon. They have never canceled an order(delay yes, mostly nintendo games)I really hope this wont be my first time.

Top Bottom