• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Walmart canceling Destiny Ghost Edition pre-orders.

This seems really weird. Activision is very, VERY skilled at large, multi-million unit supply chain management from COD and Blizzard's games. So, why would this be a problem now with Bungie's game? They have to have anticipated demand. I was going to say that it seems like Wal-Mart is just being Wal-Mart again. But people saying Best Buy is doing it too is making it even weirder. Probably a mix up with some distributor? I don't know. Activision knows how to ship this kind of large scale game launch, though. At least I thought they did.

Maybe those stores took pre-orders before knowing how many they could actually supply assuming there would be enough to meet demand.

DryvBy

i think if you preordered early, you're safe. I also preordered as soon as it went up.

tumblr_n71hnslTdd1rq6icwo3_250.gif

Excellent! I certainly hope so. This is my GOTY so far.

LiK

I'm assuming all these cancellations were from later preorders at Walmart and BB. I haven't actually heard about Amazon canceling any preorders. Amazon basically shut down the preorder button as soon as they sold out so we should be fine.

Skele7on

Banned
I really hope some of the re sellers get hit with this.

That'll really screw em. For people that legitimately miss out, it really does suck.

Cormano

I'm assuming all these cancellations were from later preorders at Walmart and BB. I haven't actually heard about Amazon canceling any preorders. Amazon basically shut down the preorder button as soon as they sold out so we should be fine.

Same, I managed to get one as soon as they preorders went up for a second time, never had issues with amazon before.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
The Destiny Limited Edition just came back in stock on Amazon for all platforms. Helpful for those like me who had the LE cancelled by Best Buy... still no luck for those with the Ghost edition though.

Krakn3Dfx

Ghost Editions of all of them are/were back in stock on Amazon, I got a PS4 Ghost edition, and then they were gone.

Yay me!

Top Bottom