• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Warcraft' Movie Post-Production |OT| 20 months of...hype? Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanuuna

That last scene between Durotan and Orgrim is great. I can't wait to see this.

Also, is there a reason why Khadgar addresses Medivh as Guardian as per his title, instead of just saying his name?

That last scene between Durotan and Orgrim is great. I can't wait to see this.

Also, is there a reason why Khadgar addresses Medivh as Guardian as per his title, instead of just saying his name?

During that period of time Khadgar is an apprentice/student of Medivh or just about to be so I assume he calls Medivh by title due to the relationship. He didn't call Medivh "Guardian" in the novel but neither did he by his name.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Digging the music in the new clips. I also liked how recognizable Karazhan is.

FeD.nL

That straight-to-dvd comment was the sign for me not to bother. I mean seriously, this is as faithful of an adaptation as it probably could have been. The orcs looks fantastic, the armor looks fantastic, but ah well.

At least at I'm 100% sure the film will be good and I hope it will do well. I'm not expecting Deadpool numbers but it should be able to do Pacific Rim numbers at the very least, and probably even better than that.

Zackat

The only thing that felt weird to me was Garona gettin all up in Lothar's grill like that. But then again it is hard to know what she is going to be like from just a snippet like that. The part with Durotan and Orgrim talking to each other was great.

Is this from the for real movie? Because I have heard several different versions of the orcs voices now. Those ones didn't sound doctored too much.

FoxSpirit

I seriously, seriously dislike the style of CGI they went for. Why not a more natural render, it's over the top enough as is but especially the armor reminds me of StarWars Episode 1. Disappointed because looks fun otherwise.

Nokterian

Loved the small clips even the fighting scene seeing those foot soldiers getting stomped. But seeing Durotan and Orgrim talk to one another felt great it gave me depth than that there mindless orcs as everyone thing they are the mo-cap cgi looks fantastic it looks realistic but still the whole warcraft feel is everywhere from the towers to the forests.

Also Khadgar like explained here is yet a student and Medivh who in turn opened the dark portal but looks like not everyone knows it yet since medivh is under control of sargeras.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Alas, it appears we have finally been shifted to OT Community. Probably about time with the movie a month away.
It shall be replaced with a true OT soon enough.

Speaking of, is anyone planning on doing that yet?

strafer

So good.

DSpqw93.gif

PhGgXz6.gif

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
OK Faith has been restored a bit. Can't wait to eventually see this movie, as I doubt it'll be out in Japan any time soon.

Cheebo

Banned
I still cant get over just how terrible the marketing has been. We all know it is going to be a massive boxoffice failure, but I wonder if they actually put any real effort into putting together trailers that didn't make you want to rip your eyes out where things would be heading into it's release.

Zackat

This new footage is so good. Why have they chosen such garbage for marketing? Like I get it you don't want to give away the plot or whatever. But FFS it has been so bad. This is actually starting to look pretty damn good. That new footage is wonderful, especially the Orgrim stuff.

Nokterian

This new footage is so good. Why have they chosen such garbage for marketing? Like I get it you don't want to give away the plot or whatever. But FFS it has been so bad. This is actually starting to look pretty damn good. That new footage is wonderful, especially the Orgrim stuff.

Maybe they heard from the community and fans on twitter even i was mad about the marketing same as duncan looks like it is turning around for the better.

Effect

I like to think because the effects simply weren't done for a lot scene until recently. Also the marketing people not knowing how to properly market the film. They should be showing off more of the Orcs and simply choosing more dialogue instead of some of the most generic sounding lines ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom