• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Warcraft' Movie Post-Production |OT| 20 months of...hype? Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I saw the new imax trailer before Captain America. I thought someone earlier said more classic music was being used, but it was literal wub wub dupstep. These trailers make the movie look like braindead cg action, but those 4 new clips especially the conversation between the two orcs was absolutely incredible. Still have high hopes.

strafer

man, caged frostwolf and grommash kinda looks the same :p

Also, any guesses on who the Draeni Mother is? They probably left her name out for spoiler reasons.

cdyhybrid

man, caged frostwolf and grommash kinda looks the same :p

Also, any guesses on who the Draeni Mother is? They probably left her name out for spoiler reasons.
Probably no one notable, since this movie focuses on Orcs and Humans. Maybe a short prologue/flashback to the Orcs wiping them out.

FeD.nL

Goddamn I'm so fucking excited for this film. Grom looks so fucking epic.

I thought that Daniel Cudmore might've been the one playing him, since he's not. Please be Uther, please be Uther.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Breath in...Breath out..

Comparisons from the actors to there digital ones.

warcraft-blackhand-side-by-side-558x600.jpg

warcraft-draka-side-by-side-558x600.jpg

warcraft-dranai-side-by-side-558x600.jpg

warcraft-durotan-side-by-side-558x600.jpg

warcraft-frostwolf-side-by-side-558x600.jpg

warcraft-grommash-hellscream-side-by-side-558x600.jpg

warcraft-guldan-side-by-side-557x600.jpg

warcraft-king-magni-side-by-side-558x600.jpg

warcraft-orgrim-side-by-side-558x600.jpg

http://collider.com/warcraft-images...utm_campaign=collidersocial&utm_medium=social

King magni! Grommash! Draenei!

I need this movie asap..

I hope ILM puts out a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff, they usually produce good stuff there.

Loxley

The Surprising Reason Warcraft Stands Apart From Other CG Epics

It talks at length how determined Jones was to not lose the Orc actors' performances when layering the Orc bodies on top of them. He wanted them to come off as raw as possible and not feel like they were over-animated cartoon characters.

It also says some of the shots/scenes took months to render at full-resolution, which is why the film had such an abnormally long post-production time.

Houndi101

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/20120033

The Warcraft movie will sweep into theaters globally in the coming weeks, and we’re excited to share details on some of the major Warcraft movie promotions occurring around the world—including a very special World of Warcraft in-game gift to celebration of the film’s release. Beginning on May 25 through August 1, players who log in to World of Warcraft will receive a set of movie-inspired transmogrification items.

Europe

Anyone who buys a ticket to see Warcraft at participating theater locations throughout Europe will receive a free digital copy ** of World of Warcraft. See the list of countries, participating theaters, and promotion dates below.

z3phon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxL3ryE23lo

Same clip on youtube, Travis Fimmel is just doing so much goofy Ragnar stuff, hope people won't hate it
oh man every shot with the humans look really bad
All the armor look so bad especially the kings, his helmet looks like a cheap toy. Every shot with magic just feels off.

I'm still hoping the movie turns out good but everything I see really like a well made B movie. Warcraft deserved better than this. :(

edit: on a more positive note the music in the footage is better than previous trailers and every shot with the orcs look amazing.

Loxley

oh man every shot with the humans look really bad
All the armor look so bad especially the kings, his helmet looks like a cheap toy. Every shot with magic just feels off.

I'm still hoping the movie turns out good but everything I see really like a well made B movie. Warcraft deserved better than this. :(

edit: on a more positive note the music in the footage is better than previous trailers and every shot with the orcs look amazing.

I would actually argue Warcraft couldn't possibly be in better hands. Quite literally everything I've heard Jones & Co say about the film/production has been music to my ears. They understand Warcraft and have a genuine passion for the material. Yeah, the human armor looks a bit goofy, but it also looks distinctly Warcraft (and Warcraft has always looked a bit goofy). I don't know if I'd have it any other way.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
All of the recent stuff has actually brought me around a bit. I'm still probably not going to see this in the theaters, but I think it could actually be a pretty solid movie instead of just a messy bomb.

Platy

This last page it looks like they are already doing a sequel to this movie ... Sargeras, Draeneis and possible Garrosh ???

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Saw one of the trailers today on a 75" 4K OLED TV.

Guys.

This shit is legit. Even old people stood there in awe. It's gorgeous.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Why is caged Frostwolf one of the coolest looking characters

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
This last page it looks like they are already doing a sequel to this movie ... Sargeras, Draeneis and possible Garrosh ???

Well, Grom being in the movie doesn't necessarily mean Garrosh will happen. Grom has been a major Orc character since Warcraft 2 (or the expansion, at least.)

Why is caged Frostwolf one of the coolest looking characters

Because he is secretly Ga'nar, the best orc character in Warlords of Draenor.

Not really. But that would be fun.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I hope they at least make it to WarCraft II. So glad Dwarves, Elves and Draenei are showing up in this one. Seeing a WCIII movie would complete my life, however.

This guy would make a decent Arthas

Too bad Travis Fimmel is already playing Lothar...

Loxley

I hope they at least make it to WarCraft II. So glad Dwarves, Elves and Draenei are showing up in this one. Seeing a WCIII movie would complete my life, however.

This guy would make a decent Arthas

ISXwAZJ.png

I was literally thinking just a few days ago that Ed Skrein would make a perfect Arthas.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I was planning on seeing this with two old WoW buddies. but might actually be going with my mum lol

She keeps commenting on how good it looks when the trailer comes on

ryan299

Mayimbe says the tracking for the movie is really bad. First choice is 3% 3 weeks out. It was 16% on X-Men and that was with all the reviews.

Zackat

Mayimbe says the tracking for the movie is really bad. First choice is 3% 3 weeks out. It was 16% on X-Men and that was with all the reviews.
Not surprised really. Some really bad marketing will do that. I just hope it isn't a bad movie at this point.

Finaj

IsAbxav.jpg

The first critical review is not a very positive one. He felt it was trying to copy Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones (I don't understand how given what we've seen). He also felt the primary audience was "video game freaks."

Given his positive review of Alice in Wonderland, he doesn't have an opinion I would necessarily respect.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
IsAbxav.jpg

The first critical review is not a very positive one. He felt it was trying to copy Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones (I don't understand how given what we've seen). He also felt the primary audience was "video game freaks."

Given his positive review of Alice in Wonderland, he doesn't have an opinion I would necessarily respect.

And boom, away goes his credibility

I'll wait for credible reviewers before I even care.

BvS "bombed" yet I loved it

For what it's worth, I have never played WoW and no next to nothing about the other Warcraft games (played some agggess ago, they were fun IIRC).. and I am looking forward to this.

I'm not sure what to think because the marketing has been trash, and the live action stuff looks super funky.. but I'm cautiously optimistic.

FeD.nL

http://i.imgur.com/IsAbxav.jpg[/IG]

Given his positive review of Alice in Wonderland, he doesn't have an opinion I would necessarily respect.[/QUOTE]

This is kinda what I thought some reviewers would do. Gives me flashbacks to the Roger Ebert 'games-arent-art' thing.

Nokterian

I suspect a lot of reviews will thrown in game of thrones and lotr but i don't care i am going to watch because my connection with warcraft runs deep for 20+ years and duncan is a talented director and has a good background of playing all of blizzards games but also knowing there history in lore.

nin1000

Banned
IsAbxav.jpg

at the same time he gave Alice a thumbs up. Considering how "good" the first movie was i do not expect anything from it. I wait and see, since most of the reviews from those TV-magazines are not very good to begin with.

SilentRob

Sooo I was thinking about recutting the last Warcraft Trailer to more appropiate music, but realised pretty fast that has been done to death already. However, with the recent Assassin's Creed Trailer and the first Star Trek Trailer I just couldn't help but wonder how in the world these Marketing Teams pick these utterly inappropiate songs for these trailers.

So I figured - what if I would actually go out of my way to pick the most inappropiate song I could think about in that moment and cut a trailer around it? Could I a) find a more ridicoulous song choiche than the marketing teams did and b) still make it seem like a trailer that could actually exist? I had 1, 2 hours to kill this morning so, uh, there you go :D

Breathe the Warcraft: A Bad Warcraft Trailer

After watching the 2 minute clips that have been released a few days ago without any weird cuts or music I have to say that I'm really looking forward to the movie. I'm not really exciting but that footage didn't look half bad and I just really want to see how in the world a 100 Million Dollar Version of Warcraft by the creator of Moon looks like...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom