• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombless

Finally got the Frost Prime chassis. Time to frame completion 3 days once I get off work. Woo!

Also if next tower run I could get a reaper blade that'd be great! (but then I'll need a heap of orokin cells).

LNsLpKP.jpg

Farewell, Latron. You were the first gun I ever loved enough to put a catalyst in, way way back in the closed beta. Oh the memories of shooting through closed doors with 8m piercing mods and a crazy percentages of multishot.

On another note, I have way too many tier 2 keys. Would be nice to have a defense group that didn't exit every time for them. I wish I could craft 10 of them into a T3 or something, lol.

Bombless

I went for the Burston instead of the Latron. That gun is terrible. Was thinking about trying the Latron out but I guess I'll just wait for a Prime.

Also I have 2 T3 keys, don't want to go in there alone. Used all my 2s on my own since nobody was on.

I agree about the defense missions. 5 waves then quit at the first key...pff. Though once we said we were going to play for as long as we could : 1st end? T3 key we skipped. Then 2nd and 3rd end a shitty elemental mod, then 4th and final end? Fucking T2 key. Thanks RNG!

I hope that frame has a better alt helm, because I'm not really digging that one haha. Looking forward to seeing what kind of skills she has.

And they better not make the BPs alert only again.

12 hour Forma alert is up! Amalthea - Jupiter. Why? I have no idea.

Also, Livestream #8 is tomorrow at 2 PM EDT. Steve, Geoff, Scott & Rebecca having an E3 recap and taking some questions.

Edit: Forma alert is their celebration for 70k likes on Facebook.

metalshade

Sigh.
I play everyday, but I just don't seem to be able to meet up with the clan anymore.
Everytime I settle in for a stint, something happens, sorry guys (and gal.)
Hopefully things will settle soon, and we can all get together for a big rumble.

Also, darn that antimatter frame is ugly.
Looks like plaid denim almost.

Bombless

I'm off work in 6 hours, should have enough time to grab that alert. Also I got Thunderbolt yesterday. Paris is just godlike now. 30% isn't much but damn it clears rooms like a boss. Now all I need is a red bandana to put on my helmet forehead!

Edit : New update, 211mb (what the..).

Changes:
- Removed Slide Cooldown
- Updated Sound FX for reloading a Sicarus
- Added visual indicator to Ogris and Lanka when they are ready to fire
- Added Sound FX for Wyrm Sentinel’s Crowd Control ability
- Reworked some of the pit traps in the Loot Rooms found in Orokin Void levels
- Updated Visual FX on Ember’s Overheat ability
- Updated Visual FX on Trinity’s Link and Energy Vampire abilities
- Updated Visual FX on Ash’s Smoke Screen ability
- Tuned difficulty for Mastery Challenges for Ranks 4+ to be more balanced for a wider range of weapons
- Sentinels will now be revived at the end of a dueling round

Fixes:
- Fixed an issue causing players to not acquire Pickups when rolling, sliding or using a power through them
- Fixed crash that could occur when using Vortex
- Fixed shields not replenishing if damaged while using Nyx's Absorb
- Fixed missing Charge-up Sound FX on various swords
- Fixed dead ends appearing in Dojo at the point where two rooms perfectly connect
- Fixed some collision and AI navigation issues in Corpus Defense missions
- Fixed an issue causing enemies to continue spawning in an Extermination mission, after the count had reached zero
- Fixed an issue with Saryn’s Poison ability, so that the globes now replicate correctly for clients
- Fixed Hornet Strike not affecting DOT from the Acrid
- Fixed an issue causing some traps in the Orokin Void levels to not take any damage from certain weapons
- Fixed an issue causing players to be left in an unresponsive, black screen state when a duel round completes

Good stream!

U9 sounds like it's going to be a huge game polishing update for Warframe, with a hint of lore. Season 2 alt helms look pretty rad! GRAPPLING HOOK! And most importantly Steve said the clan scaling is coming in a few weeks, and is his #1 priority!

Special double 12hr Livestream alerts! (just went up not even 10 minutes ago!)
Titan, Saturn - Orokin Catalyst
Ares, Mars - Orokin Reactor

Bombless

Sorry i didn't say hi after the Livestream, was busy rushing the alerts before I got off to work. Wouldn't be able to play in the morning as I won't be home heh.

Lots of good stuff mentioned in that stream. The amount of stuff they have on the drawing board is insane.

Flipyap

Caught up on the livestream, so here's a visual summary of STUFF.

Ridiculously cool boss bro with his ridiculously cool robo-guts hanging out
ikkGCSdvyUXpL.gif

Rough grappling hook prototype
ibji6utMqlPVno.gif

iNoq6WBg6zUhU.gif

New helmets (or, THE RETURN OF RAD CHARACTER DESIGNS... and continued deawesomifying of Mag)

Bombless

The grappling hook bug had me in stiches. Also yay for Trinity having an actual decent face (and boo for Mag and Excalibur basically having the same helmet 3 times).

But hey, at least Mag's powers are being reworked, right?

Bombless

Special event this weekend! Report for duty GAF-Tenno!

We have received a dispatch from the Lotus:

Attention all Tenno,

We have found three rare Artifacts in transit throughout the system. We believe that enemy forces may have obtained knowledge of these shipments and are moving to intercept them. The Artifacts will be in transit for the next three days. If an Artifact is threatened, I will send out an alert beacon requesting defense forces. Attacks could come at any time and these artifacts are vital to our cause. Stay vigilant.

This weekend's event will be focused on special defense missions. The reward? One of three new Artifacts. Corrosive Projection, Shield Disruption, and Infested Impedance all have the chance to be added to the Tenno arsenal, should you complete the objectives.

In order to secure the artifacts, you and your team will need to survive a number of defense waves. This number may vary, do not be daunted. The will of a Tenno is uncompromising.

These artifacts will bear the mission “Secure the Artifacts”, and will appear commonly over the next 72 hours, starting tomorrow.

Your mission will begin at 12:00 PM EST on Friday, June 21. Stay tuned for the Lotus’ beacons! They will go silent on Monday…

See you out there!

Which defense missions should I doing if I'm looking for void keys? Do the higher level ones make a difference?

Lower level defense missions give the lower level tier keys. Lvl 50+ for a chance for T3 keys. I haven't seen a T3 key in ages now that I think about it...

Also, I'm ready for some WEEKEND EVENT-NESS! If they do a leaderboard type thing again, I would love to see NeoGAF listed among the rankings :)

Animator

I got lucky and got a tower 3 key like 30 minutes after I first started playing the game. Not even sure what dropped it since Mercury doesn't have defense missions.

Wow! Lucky lucky! They have a chance to drop as rewards from Spy, Raid, and Capture missions if I recall correctly. Normally just get some random mod reward :)

I turned all the graphics up (except for physx), turned the HUD off, and let Fraps take a screenshot every 3 seconds while I played. Most are crazy blurred thanks to DoF or super bright thanks to bloom, but I think I managed to get 2 decent ones out of 200+ pictures, lol.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Tried to get Infested Impedance but both games sorta sucked. :(

First game was laggy. We were down to the wire but a toxic ancient just stood around the artifact and destroyed it. Secound game someone god damn bailed the moment we loaded up. Good team but we needed another person. Now I have to wait 8 hours for it to pop back up. BARF.

Flipyap

Tried to get Infested Impedance but both games sorta sucked. :(

First game was laggy. We were down to the wire but a toxic ancient just stood around the artifact and destroyed it. Secound game someone god damn bailed the moment we loaded up. Good team but we needed another person. Now I have to wait 8 hours for it to pop back up. BARF.
I wouldn't worry about it too much, Infested Impedance is a really dumb artifact.

Flipyap

Gosh, this event is so... eventful. Nothing like a quality weekend spent staring at alert notifications and not having to make the effort to launch the damn game. It's basically Christmas in space.

Flipyap

What is the effect anyways? My group couldn't make it to the end of that one (even after miraculously killing guys spawned inside walls/ceilings TWICE)
"Reduces speed of Infested enemies." Infested, the enemy class whose only units you need to worry about are already so slow, they're basically static, and that's before you factor in Vauban's Bastille.

What's everyones thoughts on cross play with PS4? I have this on my PC, but I'm actually looking forward to playing this on PS4 instead.

Flipyap

What's everyones thoughts on cross play with PS4? I have this on my PC, but I'm actually looking forward to playing this on PS4 instead.
That's a nice dream, but right now we don't even know if we'll be able to sync accounts between platforms.
Regardless of cross-platform play, I'd probably dump the PC version if they include split-screen on the PS4
, at least until I inevitably dump the game in general once Destiny rolls around.
...then again, that might also depend on how bad the control scheme is going to be. Touch pad power shortcuts from E3 and the currently ridiculous "aim assist" (more like random automated lock on) don't exactly inspire confidence.

Kangi

Grineer Commanders can switch places with your Hostage.

...Why? Yes, I... really needed to see, twenty minutes into this mission, my Hostage just teleport behind enemy lines and die. That's exactly what I wanted to see.

The PS4 version is confirmed cross play with Pc? I'm alittle interested in getting this at Launch, never played it before but looks interesting.

Hey guys, does anyone know how to map toggle sprint on the 360 controller? It gets really old having to constantly hold down the left stick to run.

hiryu64

The PS4 version is confirmed cross play with Pc? I'm alittle interested in getting this at Launch, never played it before but looks interesting.

No, nothing has been confirmed yet. DE wants cross-play and either account linking between PSN accounts and Warframe accounts (a la Portal 2) or full Warframe account support via PSN (i.e. simply logging in to a Warframe account independently of PSN account). They've stated that the ball is in Sony's court at this time and whatever happens will probably be a result of their desires. We just have to wait and see.

velociraptor

I don't care much about cross play but as long as I can use my PC account with my PS4, I'll be happy. Granted I only just started the game yesterday.

Is it possible to create a nice character with nice guns without buying anything?

I chose MAG but I want to switch characters. D:

You can get every frame in the game for free with some good ol' fashion grinding, except for Excalibur Prime ($$$) and Vauban (rare alerts).

You can craft weapons too, they just hide the blueprints behind the pages of platinum purchase ones in the market.

Add me, Saavedro, and I'll help you getting the frame you want sometime :)

Flipyap

I don't care much about cross play but as long as I can use my PC account with my PS4, I'll be happy. Granted I only just started the game yesterday.
You'll probably start caring about it once you see what an active clan we have here when it's tied to a single platform. ;)

You can get every frame in the game for free with some good ol' fashion grinding, except for Excalibur Prime ($$$) and Vauban (rare alerts).
Additionally, the "nice guns" part kiiiind of depend on the availability of Orokin Catalysts (upgrade items) and those alerts have pretty much dried up since the last update.
So, you can get (almost) all of the warframes/warguns available, but they'll probably have to operate at 50% capacity for a while.

Update today along with a contest.

E318X1b.jpg

Tenno Reinforcement!

- The KOGAKE are coverings for your hands and feet which will allow you to engage in hand-to-hand combat. Get up close and personal with these combat wraps and strike down your enemies!
- Love the Kogake? Join our Kogake Kills contest! The 5 Best Kogake Kills win 1000 Platinum[/URL]
- Want to walk like an Infested? Check out the latest Infested Color Palette!
- Green with envy over the Grineer? Curious about your nemesis’ arsenal? Try out some Grineer weapons as an alternative to your Tenno starting gear!
- Added a “recruitment” channel to Global Chat!

Changes:

- Changes to Streamline Mod: cost reduction is now linear.
- Changes to Scythe hit detection: adjusted timing of first swing, and added appropriate damage once swing is over (people were being murdered long after the Scythe was no longer swinging).
- Lato now has queued fire, and is set up like other semi-auto weapons.
- Fusion Moa hitbox has been adjusted to be larger.
- Changes to IRC commands to be case insensitive and reject unknown commands to avoid embarrassing chat attempts.

Fixes:

- Fix for Team Heal not healing the team.
- Fixing Warframe abilities not notifying in-mission challenges for clients.
- Several Fixes for “In Air” bug when trying to cast certain powers.
- Fix for Trinity’s Well of Life and Energy Vampire being considered “in use” even on dead targets.
- Fix for Vauban’s abilities not working if thrown on Orokin ice trap.
- Fixed Fusion Moa’s from launching themselves into low-earth orbit.
- Fix for Vauban’s Tesla not activating if tossed onto a Grineer Shield Lancer’s shield.
- Fixed Torid gas clouds not receiving damage buffs from mods.
- Fixed shockwave orbs not hitting the player at certain angles.
- Fixed Acrid’s DOT not always working on client.
- Fixed ammo not being consumed on some weapons when shooting Nyx’s absorb.
- Fixed UI issues when resizing window when mod screen is open.
- Fixes for Infested “arm” attacks behaving poorly after death.
- Fix for Wyrm’s crowd dispersion not being able to stun certain enemy types.
- Fix for Wyrm’s crowd dispersion not stunning certain enemies during attack sequences.
- Fixed range damage issues with Wyrm’s crowd dispersion.
- Adjusted crowd dispersion FX to better match damage radius.
- Fix for bosses not dropping resources on clients if they’re killed by the host with a projectile weapon.
- Fix for melee weapon not being usable after host migration.
- Fix for jump attack now setting velocity
[LINK]

Contest:

Tenno, with the introduction of the Kogake, we want to see your best kills!

Submit your best Kogake kill video to this thread using a video host like Youtube, and the top 5 kills as decided by us will receive 1000 Platinum!

Rules:

- Video May not exceed 20 seconds.
- Kills must be using the Kogake weapon.
- One submission per user.
- Video must be hosted on Youtube or equivalent.
- The top 5 kills as chosen by us will receive 1000 Platinum each!
- Video must be submitted before 11:59 PM EDT on Monday, July 1st!
- Submit all entries in this thread!
Go go go!
[LINK]

NaviLink

Out of curiosity after seeing it in a Total Biscuit video, I just gave this a try. I played a couple of levels.

Pluses: it runs nicely with everything maxed out, and it looks pretty good.

Minuses: it's pretty repetitive, both in the level design and gameplay, at least without the mods. That's the other thing: I didn't understand a thing about how all the upgrade system works. As much as tutorials are frowned upon, this really lacks one about the upgrades, like the video in the OP. Oh and actions assigned on the clics of the sticks are a really bad idea. But at least you can change that.

I'll give it another go, but it's unfortunate for any game in general, and for a F2P in particular, that I have to search for info about how it works.

Their tutorials are severely lacking, and it's been mentioned several times on their dev livestreams. Maybe they'll come in U9 for their "polish" update...

Only that it's Steve's "#1 priority" and is coming "in a few weeks". (quoting from last livestream)

Been itching to build our dojo for what feels like aaagggeeesss. I want to start getting those clan weapons!

PS: The Kogake are pretty neat. Mine are only lvl 2, but they seem to crit like crazy.

Flipyap

PS: The Kogake are pretty neat. Mine are only lvl 2, but they seem to crit like crazy.
I crafted mine, but ran out of weapon slots so I just stared blankly at the world map and closed the game. Not much point in paying for the privilege of using a weapon far worse than the one I already have.
Those F2P tricks sure are paying off in my case! Keep 'em playing and they'll keep on pa--... hmm.

That many Formas on a... Braton?

Nice vid Hiryu, lol.

Ok, after playing a bit more with the Kogake, this is the most lols I've had in game since balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom