• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

demolitio

We've been having plenty of active players on lately, I'm sure anyone would go to the void with ya. As for loot, nothing is shared except for credits. Every player must individually pick up materials and mods.

Also! Because I'm never happy, here's my new dojo plan:

dxNgbEs.png

Thoughts?

Let me rephrase that just in case. Will any of the loot drops be just for one person and the other person sees nothing if their friend picks it up first? With mods, I know each individual person had to pick it up but it wasn't limited to just one drop and whoever got it first got to keep it.

How does that break down ingame? I'd love to do The Void with people but want to evenly split the goods since I don't have much in my inventory right now since the mod overhaul.

Let me rephrase that just in case. Will any of the loot drops be just for one person and the other person sees nothing if their friend picks it up first? With mods, I know each individual person had to pick it up but it wasn't limited to just one drop and whoever got it first got to keep it.

How does that break down ingame? I'd love to do The Void with people but want to evenly split the goods since I don't have much in my inventory right now since the mod overhaul.

Na just like in other maps the only thing that drops in the void are mods (tho they can be higher quality/rarity than on normal maps) and the end bonuses which draw from a special loot table and you also get a fat stack of credits for finish as well (the item you get will be the same for everyone in a party). The Void is essentially just another map/mission where there's some neat challenges and mechanics. All the loot comes from breaking containers, opening lockers and killing mobs (just like any other mission). There's nothing you can really steal from one another if you're in a group. That being said, higher lvl Void missions (T3 and T4) really aren't soloable.

Bombless

Basically, all drops are seen by everyone and when you pick it up it dissapears for you but not for the others. However they need to pick the loot up themselves.

demolitio

Thanks fellas. Well, if anyone wants to play some tonight, let me know and we can go kick The Void's collective ass.

I give up on trying to convince my friend to play this and need to hook up with the gaffers again like the old days but it's been so long that I don't want to just randomly join a gaffer's room out of the blue since most probably don't remember me and I don't want to bring the team down with my rustiness lol. Edit: Real-life friend who is supposedly looking for games to play with me but really just wants me to play HIS game and me to quit anything I like. Gotta love some people as if I'm playing games for his entertainment. :D

metalshade

Thanks fellas. Well, if anyone wants to play some tonight, let me know and we can go kick The Void's collective ass.

I give up on trying to convince my friend to play this and need to hook up with the gaffers again like the old days but it's been so long that I don't want to just randomly join a gaffer's room out of the blue since most probably don't remember me and I don't want to bring the team down with my rustiness lol.

Sorry I had to duck out on you mate.
I am on everyday, but it is usually between 4 and 7 in the AM for me when the rest of GAF clan is on, so I can't always play for long.

demolitio

Sorry I had to duck out on you mate.
I am on everyday, but it is usually between 4 and 7 in the AM for me when the rest of GAF clan is on, so I can't always play for long.

Yea, I pretty much can hop on at all sorts of weird hours but I'm limited in playtime at any given time depending on how quickly my nerve problems kick in. I just need to grind so I can get a Warframe I like at this point.

That post was before you so don't think that was directed towards you in any way. That was just bad timing. :D

I just really need to play some games with some people get my mind off of things and now F2P games are basically it for me for a while unless my VA case miraculously speeds up.

WORLDTree

So after spending some more time with this game and gearing up more I'm having a lot more fun, especially when I'm playing with friends instead of waiting for randoms. However one thing still massively bugs me.

Over 40+ runs on Vey Hek...no Trinity Systems, I'm starting to think this is impossible, the only thing that took the edge off my frustration was that we got lucky and after five it became a nightmare mode mission and we farmed a lot of cool mods off that but still...

WORLDTree

Essentially the three parts you need to craft to craft the frame from the blueprint all drop from a specific boss. So for example if you wanted to make Trinity you would need to buy the blueprint from the market place and then kill Vey Hek (Everest, Earth) until he drops Trinity Systems, Trinity Chassis, and Trinity Helmet. Then you craft those which allows you to craft the desired frame.

Essentially the three parts you need to craft to craft the frame from the blueprint all drop from a specific boss. So for example if you wanted to make Trinity you would need to buy the blueprint from the market place and then kill Vey Hek (Everest, Earth) until he drops Trinity Systems, Trinity Chassis, and Trinity Helmet. Then you craft those which allows you to craft the desired frame.

So I need to google the Embers drop up. Okay thanks

Ok, with Wsippel's feedback, how does this look? This is a lot more complicated than the other plan, but, there are now a lot more openings for future expansions now (red arrows). I'm thinking if we ever do explode as a clan, we could throw a cross connector at the end of the Great Hall then proceed to build the Greater Hall, Grand Hall, and Grandest Hall off of it.

m17kNMP.png

We'll save building the Great Hall for last so we can keep these lower costs for now ;)

wsippel

Banned
Ok, with Wsippel's feedback, how does this look? This is a lot more complicated than the other plan, but, there are now a lot more openings for future expansions now (red arrows). I'm thinking if we ever do explode as a clan, we could throw a cross connector at the end of the Great Hall then proceed to build the Greater Hall, Grand Hall, and Grandest Hall off of it.

m17kNMP.png

We'll save building the Great Hall for last so we can keep these lower costs for now ;)
That's better I think. Though you could probably drop one + on the upper floor and put the obstacle course directly on the east or west exit of the first +. It's a tiny bit cheaper, slightly faster to build, and we don't lose any room for further expansions.

metalshade

1 Message by you on Fri, 12th Jul 2013 5:23 pm
When I checked the warframe badge tab, it told me I had to spend money to unlock the ability to get card drops.
So I did, I have bought the starter pack DLC from the steam store, and activated it in-game.
I have received no card drops, and have played for long enough to ensure that I would have had some.
I restarted steam client twice, still no card drops.
Why am I not receiving any cards after doing what I was instructed to do on the badge page?

2 Message by Support Tech Jesse on Sat, 13th Jul 2013 10:29 pm
Hello Mr Dunce*, *names have been changed for comedic value.

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

DLC does not qualify for trading card promotions.

Humph.
I am not entirely sure that is made plain enough on the how do I earn badge drops pop up, seeing as how Steam store ONLY sells DLC, what else am I supposed to buy to enable card drops?

Ugh, that really sucks, Metal.

Big thanks to Bomb, Nom, and Journ for surviving the suffering caused by me. But, now I have 5 Formas to throw at the Dojo.

Also:

DERebecca said:
Livestream #10: Update 9 Walkthrough and Q&A

What? A Dev discussion and walk-through of Update 9 with lots of Q&A!
We will also be giving away three 1000 Platinum Prizes!

Who? Steve, Scott, Geoff, and Rebecca! Corey will be at the helm demo-ing Update 9!

When? July 17th at 2 PM EDT!

Where? http://www.twitch.tv/warframe

Ugh, that really sucks, Metal.

Big thanks to Bomb, Nom, and Journ for surviving the suffering caused by me. But, now I have 5 Formas to throw at the Dojo.

Also:

Haha np, also HotFix incoming in 2 minutes, fixing Raptor (says hes gonna be less of a chicken?) and drop rates, also Sobek is getting a buff

Hotfix 9.1.1

Changes:

• Damage buff for Sobek, the new Shotgun.
  • Resource labels restored in UI mission screen.
  • Resource Drops now follow regular rarity logic.
  • New UI back in Foundry.
  • Clan contact list now displays “last sign in” over Alias for offline and pending contacts.
  • Squad information now again displays on the mission map.
  • Increased difficulty of Nightmare mode. Vampire drain rate is higher, and weapon restrictions are now enabled... coming soon. MUHAHA!
  • Mercury difficulty tweaks, now more new player friendly.

Fixes:

• Fix for Nightmare mode appearing on nodes before entire planet had been completed.
  • Fix for issues completing Corpus Exterminate missions.
  • Fix for Vauban Vortex preventing revives in squad.
  • Fix for Raptor boss drops not being in reachable place.
  • Fix for Paris Prime blueprint not having icon or saving to inventory.
  • Raptor boss will no longer flee to the surrounding mountains.
  • Fix for Infested Ancients replaying taunt animation if shot while playing.
  • Fix for players getting stuck in lobby after host leaves.
  • Fix for crash with Banshee “Soundquake” if gore was disabled.
  • Fix for Nova Molecular Prime not damaging nearby enemies after explosion.
  • Fix for Loki Decoy putting Vor in an inactive state.
  • Fix for doors not opening in Exterminate missions.
  • Fix for some tilesets not having hack panels in Grineer Galleon.
  • Fix for contact list involuntarily scrolling when contacts status changed.
  • Fix for Rifle Amp Aura stacking. A word from the designer: Rifle Amp, 45% damage buff stacking was too much, reduced to 27& (4.5% base).This was a typo on my part.
  • Fix for NOT being able to contribute to tech projects from the Clan Vault.

Bolded will make it easy to figure out who to remove when we shrink it down to 30 to build dojo stuff

Trying to hover over names of people offline in the clan causes the UI to bug out. Just tried twice and I've had to alt+F4 both times, lol.

wsippel

Banned
1 Message by you on Fri, 12th Jul 2013 5:23 pm
When I checked the warframe badge tab, it told me I had to spend money to unlock the ability to get card drops.
So I did, I have bought the starter pack DLC from the steam store, and activated it in-game.
I have received no card drops, and have played for long enough to ensure that I would have had some.
I restarted steam client twice, still no card drops.
Why am I not receiving any cards after doing what I was instructed to do on the badge page?

2 Message by Support Tech Jesse on Sat, 13th Jul 2013 10:29 pm
Hello Mr Dunce*, *names have been changed for comedic value.

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

DLC does not qualify for trading card promotions.

Humph.
I am not entirely sure that is made plain enough on the how do I earn badge drops pop up, seeing as how Steam store ONLY sells DLC, what else am I supposed to buy to enable card drops?
Plain old Platinum, apparently. I think I got two cards so far.

Ok, hovering over offline people doesn't bork the UI now, but, it either counts people who've been online since it was implemented, or we just have a lot of people who haven't played a long time since everyone but the regulars is "Unknown". Lol

Edit: Just got Nova Chassis! That was probably the second least amount of boss runs to complete a frame I've ever had. First was Nyx when I totally lucked out and got all her BPs in 4 runs. I got Nova within at least 10... /luck

tger851.png

Ok, hovering over offline people doesn't bork the UI now, but, it either counts people who've been online since it was implemented, or we just have a lot of people who haven't played a long time since everyone but the regulars is "Unknown". Lol

Edit: Just got Nova Chassis! That was probably the second least amount of boss runs to complete a frame I've ever had. First was Nyx when I totally lucked out and got all her BPs in 4 runs. I got Nova within at least 10... /luck

tger851.png

Wow that was quick :D Hope my farming goes as smoothly (it wont :/)

Also free 75 Plat at link below
https://na.alienwarearena.com/giveaways/warframe-75-platinum-key-giveaway

edit: assuming the site actually loads :p

edit2: took quite a lot of refreshing but got my free Plat, hello more potatoes :)

how is this game atm? Still in 'beta'? I recall playing a bit (never got to the point where i got skills, or didn't know how to equip them lol) but getting a bit bored and wasn't a fan of the dull enivornments early on.

how is this game atm? Still in 'beta'? I recall playing a bit (never got to the point where i got skills, or didn't know how to equip them lol) but getting a bit bored and wasn't a fan of the dull enivornments early on.
Still in "beta", but all areas except for the Corpus ship have had new areas added. Recently they added 2 entirely new locations, Void and Grineer ship. As for equipping mods and abilities, here's the official tutorial.

the promo i linked about is on hiatus
Was wondering where my code was. Been over an hour. :p

In other news, they fixed the "last time played" thing. I have removed all members from the pending list and everyone who has not logged in for over 40 days. I'm terribly sorry if you were one, but, with clan cap sizes (ours is 30), we needed to eliminate a few people.

Also, with our labs coming soon, I have promoted all the regulars to Sage rank. This will allow you to queue up research :)

Sooo how is the grind? Have been promoted in life from 'college kid with too much free time' to 'fulltime office monkey with too little free time'.

Is there its fair share of ways to bypass grind (just buy the cool stuff, or exp boosters or what not)?

Sooo how is the grind? Have been promoted in life from 'college kid with too much free time' to 'fulltime office monkey with too little free time'.

Is there its fair share of ways to bypass grind (just buy the cool stuff, or exp boosters or what not)?

Yeah you can buy most weaps and all Frames if you want. They just added resources to the shop as well but I find farming for BPs and materials kinda makes it more fun when you make your Frame. Building times can be sped up with real money as well

demolitio

Just a heads up: The Alienware Warframe promotion supposedly won't go live again until tomorrow morning EDT sometime. Of course, that being the only time I won't be one since I have a doctor's appointment that lasts 4 hours because they love making people wait but maybe I can do it from my cell phone.

Lockon

Just a heads up: The Alienware Warframe promotion supposedly won't go live again until tomorrow morning EDT sometime. Of course, that being the only time I won't be one since I have a doctor's appointment that lasts 4 hours because they love making people wait but maybe I can do it from my cell phone.

I hope I can get one.

Just waiting for my Nova to finished building. 17 hours to go so I can try her out.

holy shit... didn't know there was a toggle run button to map.

my poor pinky T_T

And i recall the main reason i disliked this game... didn't like how your guy steps forward when he swings the sword... maybe i should try something new.

holy shit... didn't know there was a toggle run button to map.

my poor pinky T_T

And i recall the main reason i disliked this game... didn't like how your guy steps forward when he swings the sword... maybe i should try something new.

Also theres a block and roll button :) And the "skiing" is really only the case with some of the melee weapons, I know the default Skana and Dual Zorens (axes) will make you skii but the Orthos and Glaive seem fine

Sorral

404s and bugs when I try to get a key which the website is saying are still available.

The comment section is not encouraging.

Oh well, you tried your best Alienware.

It is working right now. I managed to grab a key for myself and for my cousin.

hiryu64

Warframe Starter Pack is up as one of the candidates for the next Steam Community Choice vote.

• 500 platinum
  • 100,000 credits
  • 6 random common mods
  • 4 random RARE mods
  • Affinity Booster
  • Credit Booster
Currently on sale at 20 bucks from the usual 40, but this would put it at 10 bucks. For all of the above. Vote for that shit!

demolitio

Warframe Starter Pack is up as one of the candidates for the next Steam Community Choice vote.

• 500 platinum
  • 100,000 credits
  • 6 random common mods
  • 4 random RARE mods
  • Affinity Booster
  • Credit Booster
Currently on sale at 20 bucks from the usual 40, but this would put it at 10 bucks. For all of the above. Vote for that shit!

That'd be awesome if that wins. I only have $20 left to spend online and they're in my Steam wallet so that would at least let me get more out of my go-to game at the moment. I was smart enough to by Mount and Blade Collection before I had to write the check and close the account so that should occupy me for a while at least.

Just started playing. I chose Mag as my starting Warframe. Great game, I've only completed a few missions solo, but enjoying it a great deal. I love it actually. A couple of questions though, will I be able to carry progression from the PC version over to the PS4 release? Like, will accounts be shared between the two versions, or has this not been announced as yet?

Otherwise, I'd love to get an invite to the clan: pock3tmonster (in-game tag). I voted for Warframe in the current community choice. My housemate has racked up more than 200 hours on this and I'll know he'll be thankful if it wins for the easy platinum, as will I.

Daaaamn. $10 for all that plat. That's a really great deal.

I spent $20 for the measly 370 plat on the founders program, but, that little bit has lasted me mooooonths! (because all I buy are slots)

Daaaamn. $10 for all that plat. That's a really great deal.

I spent $20 for the measly 370 plat on the founders program, but, that little bit has lasted me mooooonths! (because all I buy are slots)

The plat from my founders program lasted 5 minutes.

cause i bought vauban and other stuff

Stimpack

I just started playing this last night. It looked halfway decent and I'll probably play it on the PS4. So I should just go ahead and buy that pack, yeah?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom