• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manzoon

Banned
Archwing building will suck your resources like some people do before blocking you. One of the weapon required 20 Gallium.

Snipers? Lanka is the God sniper. Vectus is okay. And oh, Lanka requires crapton of Gallium too.

Lanka Love.

Regarding spy missions and hacking, my favorite thing is accidentally setting the spy sorties to public, watching someone enter a spy room, setting off the alarm within seconds, and then disconnecting.

Mupod

Maroo's daily quest is a timed obstacle course. There's a pressure plate midway through that opens the final door.

The reward is a sculpture which can be traded in at Maroo for endo. The value goes up when you set cyan/amber stars in them

When we were stuck, I googled extensively and the timed obstacle course people were complaining about was *not* the mission we were in. All those videos were of derelicts at least. It just sent us to a normal orokin void-looking place with the standard enemy types. But yeah there was no mention of a timer, we just talked to her in the bazaar and got tossed into the mission. I suppose I can try it again solo and just rush through.

It wasnt glitched the section is timed and you need to reach the pressure plate/button (which is usually near) before the door fully closes.

Tip for corpus hacking: match the outside first then do the inside to finish up. Also the different mouse buttons will determine the direction the piece rotates.

These will be helpful since sortie spy missions for corpus/orokin/grinner are max difficulty and you cant use ciphers.

I can do it but he'd never seen one like that before since he's new.

I used to be amazing at the hacking minigames but yeah suddenly being presented with that and having 15 seconds to parse what you're looking at...

When we were stuck, I googled extensively and the timed obstacle course people were complaining about was *not* the mission we were in. All those videos were of derelicts at least. It just sent us to a normal orokin void-looking place with the standard enemy types. But yeah there was no mention of a timer, we just talked to her in the bazaar and got tossed into the mission. I suppose I can try it again solo and just rush through.

I can do it but he'd never seen one like that before since he's new.

I used to be amazing at the hacking minigames but yeah suddenly being presented with that and having 15 seconds to parse what you're looking at...

Was a song playing (that was different from the usual song) while you were in the area with the door, if so its supposed to indicate its timed but i think they should just add a timer like other missions that use a timer.

Also yea seeing something like that for the first time can be daunting, especially since the game eases you into it once you do those missions on the star chart (earlier planets have lower complexity and it increases as you go further)

Izayoi

Banned
Hacking lasers, moving very carefully... Almost to the data console...

Someone screams past me, bullet jumping into a door laser.

ok.jpg

Mupod

me in normal missions: Get around literally everywhere by bullet jumping + gliding. Not as fast as my glorious dual zoren coptering days but I still leave everyone behind. I move like a majestic ninja air squid of some kind.

also me, in rank 8 mastery trial: apparently can't even make it to the vertical wallrun section, bullet jump doesn't even come out and I just majestically fall off the side.

it'd be funny if it wasn't so frustrating to only have a couple tries per day, at least one of which is guaranteed to just be some janky bullshit because that's warframe.

Tabby

me in normal missions: Get around literally everywhere by bullet jumping + gliding. Not as fast as my glorious dual zoren coptering days but I still leave everyone behind.

also me, in rank 8 mastery trial: apparently can't even make it to the vertical wallrun section, bullet jump doesn't even come out and I just fall off the side.

it'd be funny if it wasn't so frustrating to only have a couple tries per day, at least one of which is guaranteed to just be some janky bullshit because that's warframe.
Could always go to Cephalon Simaris' room in the relay and practice.

I didn't see anywhere I could practice parkour, unless I'm missing something?

I'm rapidly approaching MR8 so this is relevant to me.

If you go to Cephalon's room in a relay there is a corridor on the right side, there you can practice every mastery test up to the one you have coming next.

It's a great way to make sure you can do the test with your eyes closed, especially on the harder ones.

Izayoi

Banned
If you go to Cephalon's room in a relay there is a corridor on the right side, there you can practice every mastery test up to the one you have coming next.

It's a great way to make sure you can do the test with your eyes closed, especially on the harder ones.
Woah, this is amazing!

There is so much in this game... It was daunting at first, but I am really delighting in finding new things out as I continue to delve deeper in the game.

I already spoiled myself on the big one by digging too deep into the wiki too early, but I feel like it has prepared me well for when I get to that point in the game.

Manzoon

Banned
Honestly, I think it's hilarious.

I even have fun with the Archwing missions.

Am I a bad person?

It's more that I don't want my time wasted. The spy missions are all pretty easy once you know each vault, and have a Loki or Ivara, but doing A and then B and then watching a frost run into C at full tilt and trigger the first beam they encounter, failing the mission, gets old.

The sortie spy missions require all three vaults to be retrieved, and the timers are not as generous. Some of the spy vaults are difficult to speed through after the alarms are triggered too.

Izayoi

Banned
It's more that I don't want my time wasted. The spy missions are all pretty easy once you know each vault, and have a Loki or Ivara, but doing A and then B and then watching a frost run into C at full tilt and trigger the first beam they encounter, failing the mission, gets old.

The sortie spy missions require all three vaults to be retrieved, and the timers are not as generous. Some of the spy vaults are difficult to speed through after the alarms are triggered too.
Didn't realize there were missions that required all three to be successfully retrieved. That's definitely problematic with PUGs... Is there a requirement that they are to be run with a full squad?

Maybe it shouldn't, but it surprises me that people still act a fool in endgame content - especially when it's as simple and not making a beeline for the lasers. Hmm...

Manzoon

Banned
Didn't realize there were missions that required all three to be successfully retrieved. That's definitely problematic with PUGs... Is there a requirement that they are to be run with a full squad?

Maybe it shouldn't, but it surprises me that people still act a fool in endgame content - especially when it's as simple and not making a beeline for the lasers. Hmm...

No, you can run them Solo or friends only, me and a buddy have it down pat. It's just sometimes we forget to go off public match making and every time I think, "well maybe it'll be different," and it isn't, haha.

LOL yeah Loki can trigger alarms and still hack because no one sees him to one shot him in sortie 3. The problem is, you have to be good at hacking to consistently do the puzzle without a Cipher since they are not allowed.

I can easily run through many puzzles except like two which are so cancer. They are confusing and the time is short unless you trigger lasers close to console.

Grineer tilesets are easy. There is no excuse for people to fail them because most of them are just jumping around and navigating literally.

Corpus is cancer. Just Ivara and run through lasers with infiltrate aug.

The only one mission that I had to repeat to speed through while not caring about alarms is the long laser hallway in corpus. I kept failing the Loki decoy switch and not hacking in time. It happened three times so I had to do it as fast as I can and not panic at the door.

Anyways, I don't speed run anymore. I use Loki in grineer spy and Ivara in corpus. I only need rakta weapons and a proper 9 (lol) forma bow to kill sortie 3 enemies and avoid energy leeches.

I ran Ivara today and hacked near an energy leech. I killed that guy but there was another one who ran into my range after I started hacking. Gotta get primed flow for such missions.

I said it before and i'll say it again

NEVER DO PUBLIC SPY MISSIONS!!!

Oh come on they are not always that bad. Sometimes you get bad players in a row yeah. We had a nice low MR guy leeching with Saryn. He was smart enough to let us do work and try his best to help with what he has. I have no problem with that; won't abort to screw him over because we all needed this kind of carrying at some point earlier in Warframe. Those who bring Frost in spy AND enter despite having Loki/Ivara? Yeah......

Manzoon

Banned
Yeah, forgot to mention that you can't use ciphers on the sortie spy missions either.

Happened to me on the last sortie. Was just leaving B and saw a frost streaking ahead to C, they had a fairly high MR so I'm not sure what they were thinking. It was even the super easy infested spy missions on Earth, so the only thing you had to worry about we're the super easy to avoid laser trip wires.

I was on their tale going into C, the one with the pipe you fall down initially, when the alarm went off. They instantly DCed and I ended up repeating it on friends only.

The laser hallway for corpus is much easier if you hug the pillars in the hallway and time running between the beams, it's what I always did before I found out you could teleport with your decoy.

Edit, well not last sortie, but last spy sortie I did.

Grineer tilesets are easy. There is no excuse for people to fail them because most of them are just jumping around and navigating literally.

Corpus is cancer. Just Ivara and run through lasers with infiltrate aug.

I am the complete opposite. Corpus spies are just incredibly easy for me, even before running for Ivara but especially afterwards.

Grineer though....eh. I know what I should do in most of them but often seem to make it more difficult for myself.

Arrrammis

The only spy missions I have a lot of trouble with are the Lua ones, Corpus spy can be cheesed as Loki since you can send out a decoy and then switch teleport to it to get past 90% of the lasers. I know Ivara lets you ignore the lasers completely, but I am satisfied with the original stealth frame.

Naite

I got an affinity booster as today's sortie reward, but I already have the 90 day booster from the price error. Does it just add to my total?

Saprol

The daily can be in either the usual void or the derelict tileset. Timer only starts once you open up the obstacle section. I think there's a very small countdown on the left like when you're doing survivals?

So 2 weeks in I do the second dream quest. I think I may have seen a spoiler screenshot early on but damn I wasn't really expecting that.

I am the complete opposite. Corpus spies are just incredibly easy for me, even before running for Ivara but especially afterwards.

Grineer though....eh. I know what I should do in most of them but often seem to make it more difficult for myself.

I farmed affinity solo in spy, so I know all tilesets or their shortcuts--specifically easy Grineer ones.

I used to farm affinity solo and ran a lot of Spy with the stealth affinity bonus. So I would run invisibility loki or any frame with Dread, one shot mobs outside and inside the spy vaults and hack fast to get a large amount of xp.

So I was familiar with all spy tilesets. Grineer are the easiest if you know the shortcuts; they are stupidly easy. There are good tilesets that spawn mobs for easy stealth bonus, and some of them are as easy as bullet jump upwards, crouch walk and drop on console.

Meanwhile, corpus has much difficult parkour and stupid RNG puzzles. Not mentioning all the damn lasers. Ivara trivializes all of that with infiltrate; Grineer is much faster so just run Loki but you have to know all shortcuts.

Mupod

Could always go to Cephalon Simaris' room in the relay and practice.

well that sure helped. What a great thing to hide in a corner and never actually tell the player about, lol.

anyways, finally got Vauban Neuroptics so I can start building this goober. I had all the other parts 4 years ago.

Oh come on they are not always that bad. Sometimes you get bad players in a row yeah. We had a nice low MR guy leeching with Saryn. He was smart enough to let us do work and try his best to help with what he has. I have no problem with that; won't abort to screw him over because we all needed this kind of carrying at some point earlier in Warframe. Those who bring Frost in spy AND enter despite having Loki/Ivara? Yeah......

I now longer have faith so the small good will suffer for the large bad.

Also you wont have to abort if you go solo, they can learn on their own or teach the ones willing to learn.

Primus

Just passed the MR12 test after a couple rounds of practice. Easy peasy compared to MR11 and that damned vertical bullet jump required near the beginning that I'd fail like 75% of the time.

Manzoon

Banned
I certainly don't have a problem with new players in spy missions, so long as they are patient and willing to learn the spy vaults. The problem I have is the mid range players who try to blast through them but don't know what they're doing and end up wasting everyone's time.

RNG shined it's light on me tonight. I finally got the War BP from Shadow Stalker. I was so terrified some connection issue was going to dump me out of mission and I'd lose it.

Riven for today is a melee one that requires me to scan the Cephalon Simaris target without taking damage, using a trap, or abilities while having the Hobbled Dragon key equipped...

Umm how about no.

goblin

Riven for today is a melee one that requires me to scan the Cephalon Simaris target without taking damage, using a trap, or abilities while having the Hobbled Dragon key equipped...

Umm how about no.

If you have Ivara you can cloak early in the mission and, as long as you don't re-cloak near the target, it'll still count. Equip Flow and max out your energy pool with a restore first and you should be OK until you track them down; might take a couple of tries depending on your luck.

If you have Ivara you can cloak early in the mission and, as long as you don't re-cloak near the target, it'll still count. Equip Flow and max out your energy pool with a restore first and you should be OK until you track them down; might take a couple of tries depending on your luck.

I've still yet to even get a single Ivara piece so I think I'll take my luck with Rhino

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I've still yet to even get a single Ivara piece so I think I'll take my luck with Rhino

yeah i was going to say, I assume damage to rhino's Iron Skin wouldn't count, because i've done plenty of rhino missions where the end stats screen said 0% damage taken.

goblin

I suggested Ivara because she works well with the Hobbled requirement since rolling isn't hindered and doesn't break cloak. Rhino works, too. Good luck!

just joined the clan, so many questions. Do you upgrade warframes to primes? or is that a totally different build?

is there anything worhwhile to get with platinum beside inv. space?

VandalD

just joined the clan, so many questions. Do you upgrade warframes to primes? or is that a totally different build?

Primes are different builds. The most worthwhile things to get with plat are weapon and frame slots. There are also orokin catalysts, which double a weapon's mod capacity, and orokin reactors, which double a frame's mod capacity. Don't use those until you find something you know you'll keep though.

FeArTriX

You can always buy rare mods which what I spend my plat on .

Or some hard to get warframes

exfatal

Just bought myself chroma Warframe after maxing out the Hydriod prime. He looks pretty fun has some sort of turret he can unleash. Games been pretty fun so far, slowly getting the hang of crafting.

Izayoi

Banned
That feeling when you realize you can craft multiple items simultaneously, when you have been crafting them one at a time before.......

RNG shined it's light on me tonight. I finally got the War BP from Shadow Stalker. I was so terrified some connection issue was going to dump me out of mission and I'd lose it.
For what it's worth, I had a DC the other day during a Void Fissure mission and the Lotus was nice enough to mail me all of the drops I had received during the mission.

I was livid when it happened, but elated when I logged back in. Dunno if this is just for Void Fissures or for all mission types though, it's the only time I've ever DC'd.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
thanks Jordas Precept quest, I love being dumped into an archwing boss battle with no preparation

good stuff

guess i'll be grinding archwing missions for a while to get decent

Izayoi

Banned
...why did you think you could only craft one thing at a time? o_O
I dunno! I saw the ridiculous crafting times and just assumed that it was big part of how they extracted platinum from the economy. I made an assumption and never tried crafting multiple items simultaneously until last night. :lol

Oops!

Primus

That feeling when you realize you can craft multiple items simultaneously, when you have been crafting them one at a time before.......

Heh. Now you move on to Step 2: using the Foundry as extra storage space for frames and weapons. I've got a Nyx and a Penta that are about 3 years old just sitting in my Foundry 'cause I've never gotten around to using them yet. Never mind the 8 or 9 weapons that have been steadily aging in there too.

Manzoon

Banned
Heh. Now you move on to Step 2: using the Foundry as extra storage space for frames and weapons. I've got a Nyx and a Penta that are about 3 years old just sitting in my Foundry 'cause I've never gotten around to using them yet. Never mind the 8 or 9 weapons that have been steadily aging in there too.

I know that feeling. I had leveled and sold Oberon and Saryn a long time ago, decided to make them just to collect and had them sitting in the foundry for over a year, I come back and find out Saryn Prime and Oberon Prime exist. Pulled them right out of the oven and straight into the trash.

I had a Grinlok spinning complete in my foundry for almost two years that I only just pulled out.

On a side note, I have begun my Ivara farming in earnest, and I think I'm going to listen to some podcasts while doing this.

Edit:
For what it's worth, I had a DC the other day during a Void Fissure mission and the Lotus was nice enough to mail me all of the drops I had received during the mission.

Wow, that is super cool. Was it just the parts you had when you cracked it open or was it all drops? I can imagine the relic system is different from in game drops.

Manzoon

Banned
oh nooooo

all that mastery, lost...

No no no, I had already leveled them to max once, sold them, then was remaking them much later to collect. I didn't lose anything but the small amount of resources.

Just realized this might not be clear for new players. You only get points towards your mastery the first time you level up equipment. If you ever make the same thing again, you won't get any additional mastery. It's only for unique instances of things.

They have addressed that now wherein you'll get a message in your inbox with whatever rewards you should have gotten. Happened to me on the weekend where i was unable to choose my relic reward due to the game disconnecting and bumping me back to the title screen.

Wow, that is super cool. Was it just the parts you had when you cracked it open or was it all drops? I can imagine the relic system is different from in game drops.

I only got one so it was more likely the drop i got from my relic since it happened before i could choose.

If i had chosen then DCed i would assume it you have been the chosen item.

Manzoon

Banned
They apparently fixed that now wherein you'll get a message in your inbox with whatever you should have gotten. Happened to me on the weekend where i was unable to choose my relic reward due to the game disconnecting.

Okay, that is astoundingly good. Luckily I've never lost anything of importance to DC's but I'm glad they updated their system (finally).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom