• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
guys. guys.

I finally unlocked the Second Dream quest. Doing it tomorrow.

Hope it's worth the hype. Even guys who were hyped up about it by others said it lived up to their expectations anyway, but I'm still worried. Mainly because the game hasn't grabbed me that much in terms of its story, world, characters or aesthetics. It's mostly a gameplay thing so far.

VandalD

Just a quick tip for the newer players out there.

Do you want to know what drops on each planet you have access to? Mouse over the icon on the bottom right of navigation, and every material that drops on that planet will pop up.

2owZz2N.jpg

guys. guys.

I finally unlocked the Second Dream quest. Doing it tomorrow.

Hope it's worth the hype. Even guys who were hyped up about it by others said it lived up to their expectations anyway, but I'm still worried. Mainly because the game hasn't grabbed me that much in terms of its story, world, characters or aesthetics. It's mostly a gameplay thing so far.
I'll just say that if it doesn't grab you after Second Dream, it probably won't ever grab you.
It's actually useful for stealth Ivara with the Dispatch Overdrive mod. The movement speed buff is no joke.
Well that's another thing to try.

Izayoi

Banned
The fact that you're still playing when the only thing that lines up for you is the gameplay says a lot about this game, I think.

Don't expect much from the story, Second Dream or otherwise. I think you're probably going to be let down.

I love almost every aspect of the game. The story is super thin, and none of the characters are all that engaging (outside of the Cephalons, oddly enough), but I love the lore and the universe that DE has put together.

I see another Warframe thread made it to the front page of Gaming.

Maybe we should see if we can get this OT put in Gaming when PoE releases. Get a nice title change too. Kinda funny that in 4 years it hasn't even come close to needing a new OT.

iosefe

I see another Warframe thread made it to the front page of Gaming.

Maybe we should see if we can get this OT put in Gaming when PoE releases. Get a nice title change too. Kinda funny that in 4 years it hasn't even come close to needing a new OT.

i anticipate a Plains of Eidolon specific OT that will be on gaming for a month then shoved into community

J_Viper

Is there a video or guide that explains to new players what exactly to do once you get past those first couple of missions?

I'm really enjoying my time playing the game, I'm just not sure which missions from the ten or so on the planet I'm supposed to be selecting.

Izayoi

Banned
Is there a video or guide that explains to new players what exactly to do once you get past those first couple of missions?

I'm really enjoying my time playing the game, I'm just not sure which missions from the ten or so on the planet I'm supposed to be selecting.
Any of them.

Look at the junction (the locked mission that gates other planets) if you're looking for guidance.

Most of the advice I have received has been to fill out the star chart. There's no reason you need to do every mission on every planet, but it's nice to have them all unlocked. You don't even need to go that far on most planets - you can typically move to the next planet even with several missions still locked.

Alright, I think I'm going to give this a shot.

Any tips on what class or weapons or such is good for a new player? The whole thing is a little intimidating.

Arrrammis

Alright, I think I'm going to give this a shot.

Any tips on what class or weapons or such is good for a new player? The whole thing is a little intimidating.

At the start you'll get a choice between 3 frames, and out of those Excalibur is probably the best beginner frame. You get a little bit of extra movement and crowd control abilities, which is pretty nice. You'll also get to choose a primary, secondary, and melee weapon in the first mission, and those are really down to your own personal preference.

Once you finish the first quest line, you're basically let loose into the galaxy. Go ahead and start completing missions you've unlocked (the nodes flashing blue on your map), doing so lets you unlock other planets and questlines as you go along.

Also, save the platinum that you get at the start. It might be tempting to spend it on other weapons or speeding up building, but you'll need it later to pick up more storage slots.

derFeef

I'm warming up to Mesa, but I have not found my main frame yet.
Pretty excited for the Plains even tho I have not unlocked half of the starmap yet, haha.
It's open to every rank, right?

Tabby

Any of them.

Look at the junction (the locked mission that gates other planets) if you're looking for guidance.

Most of the advice I have received has been to fill out the star chart. There's no reason you need to do every mission on every planet, but it's nice to have them all unlocked. You don't even need to go that far on most planets - you can typically move to the next planet even with several missions still locked.

One thing to note is that while you don’t have to finish every node on a planet, it’s ideal to fill them all out when you have free time because you’ll unlock Nightmare Missions, harder missions with modifiers that’ll reward you with nightmare mods.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I'm warming up to Mesa, but I have not found my main frame yet.
Pretty excited for the Plains even tho I have not unlocked half of the starmap yet, haha.
It's open to every rank, right?

I 'main' Trin because she can be anything. She can tank, be a healer, and also has a support role with Energy Vampire. Probably my favorite frame. But it really comes down to type of mission and enemies you are fighting. Doing a Defense against Infested? Ember, Vauban are good choices. A Survival mission? Trin and Nekros.

I really like Nidus, too, lots of fun with all the synergy with each of his abilities.

derFeef

I 'main' Trin because she can be anything. She can tank, be a healer, and support with Energy Vampire. Probably my favorite frame. But it really comes down to type of mission and enemies you are fighting. Doing a Defense against Infested? Ember, Vauban are good choices. A Survival mission? Trin and Nekros.

I really like Nidus, too, lots of fun with all the synergy with each of his abilities.

I never manage to play Trinity very well, I just struggle with her a lot. It could be because of bad mod fitting or that I play solo most of the time.

And yeah, Nidus is great, one of my favourites.

Manzoon

Banned
Here take my second ivara set.

*Sighs heavily*

I 'main' Trin because she can be anything. She can tank, be a healer, and also has a support role with Energy Vampire. Probably my favorite frame. But it really comes down to type of mission and enemies you are fighting. Doing a Defense against Infested? Ember, Vauban are good choices. A Survival mission? Trin and Nekros.

I never manage to play Trinity very well, I just struggle with her a lot. It could be because of bad mod fitting or that I play solo most of the time.

And yeah, Nidus is great, one of my favourites.

Nidus is quickly becoming one of my new favorites, I haven't found a situation yet where his power set isn't useful.

Izayoi

Banned
Nidus is amazing and the most fun I've had with a frame outside of Ember.

I really want Ember Prime... Maybe I should buy her tonight.

J_Viper

Any of them.

Thanks for the info!

Hmm i'm starting to like the Lanka and its not even in its final form yet :D

there is something very satisfying with leading a shot through an object and seeing the damage and affinity amount afterwards LOL

Also i'm still using the default zoom right now.

Manzoon

Banned
Hmm i'm starting to like the Lanka and its not even in its final form yet :D

there is something very satisfying with leading a shot through an object and seeing the damage and affinity amount afterwards LOL

Also i'm still using the default zoom right now.

Yes, come to the dark side of the snipers. Next level Lanka'ing is using Nidus and just blasting full zoom shots into the big ball of enemies at point blank range.

Polk

Do we know who’s being unvaulted in December yet? It might be Ember Prime.
I think Ember was unvaulted this year already along with Frost Prime.

Edit: Actually they were unvaulted Dec'16. People are predicting Loki Prime as next frame to come back.

Tabby

��

Is there any particular rhyme or reason to the vaulting/unvaulting schedule? Do we have a reasonable idea of what frames will be going in and out?

It's usually the next newest Prime that was vaulted.
If we're going by the recent pattern of 2 frames, one new unvaulting and one old unvaulting it's going to be Ember Prime and Loki Prime. If it's just going to be one frame then probably Loki Prime.

As for next Prime, it goes the pattern of Male, Male, Female, Female. Seeing as we've just had Oberon and Hydroid the next in line is going to be Zephyr and Mirage though some people are speculating Mesa since she's popular and the Prime Access is going to be near Christmas.

But this is just speculation and this is likely to be all wrong.

Edit: Actually they were unvaulted Dec'16. People are predicting Loki Prime as next frame to come back.

Mag Prime was unvaulted summer 2016 then summer 2017, I wouldn't say it's completely out of the realm of possibility for Ember Prime to be unvaulted again.

So I'm still pretty new at the game and got that absurd amount of plat from the price error. What do I spend it on? Just keep looking at the trade channels? How do I know if the price asked is fair? Just buy Prime blueprints and so?

Arrrammis

So I'm still pretty new at the game and got that absurd amount of plat from the price error. What do I spend it on? Just keep looking at the trade channels? How do I know if the price asked is fair? Just buy Prime blueprints and so?

If you're still pretty new, don't spend your plat, especially in trade chat. The best use of your platinum is on cosmetics (shaders mostly) and weapon/warframe slots. Just keep using the weapons and frame you have, as you clear out the star chart you'll get plenty of other weapons and frame blueprints, which you use to build more stuff. Really not worth buying prime stuff at this point.

Polk

Check https://warframe.market/ for prices and maybe good deals. I spent all my 1000 Plat (well 900 to day) only on slots and additional colors.

If you want to buy something, check what weapon/mods are available at syndicates you didn't choose.

Loki Prime would probably be the big one as there are ZERO relics for this prime. It got vaulted before the relics came into being.

Also, I still have my full set of Loki Prime :).

Idiot newb question time. Where is the best source of just new player info? I get that I need to run around and shoot and stab things for drops but I want a more friendly way to link it all together so I don't realize 50 hours in I was doing it all wrong.

Leveling and nuances like that would be appreciated and I know that there has to be source material out there so no one here needs to waste time putting it all into prospective for me.

Thanks in advance.

Rafy

Idiot newb question time. Where is the best source of just new player info? I get that I need to run around and shoot and stab things for drops but I want a more friendly way to link it all together so I don't realize 50 hours in I was doing it all wrong.

Leveling and nuances like that would be appreciated and I know that there has to be source material out there so no one here needs to waste time putting it all into prospective for me.

Thanks in advance.

I suggest following iFlynn's beginner guide on YouTube and looking up on the wiki what you don't understand.

I suggest following iFlynn's beginner guide on YouTube and looking up on the wiki what you don't understand.

iFlynn does go off on some weird tangents and sometimes is hard to follow. There's also some power-gaming stuff going on where he makes it seem really easy to get certain mods or warframe parts that literally take hours to grind for. That being said it's still probably the best way to get your feet wet.

Tabby

After 5+ months of having Vauban Prime in my foundry procrastinating farming the 9k Cryotic and 7k Oxium, I finally have him in the oven.

Now the only Primes I’m missing are Oberon and Loki.
):

Was going through my inventory selling junk and I have some AW stuff from way back when it was all mission only. Anyone need?

Centaur Aegis x4
Corvas Barrel x1
Rathbone Handle x7
Imperator Vandal BP x2

Saavedro in-game

Shifty

I finished The War Within tonight, and hoo boy do I have mixed feelings about that after loving The Second Dream.

The fucking forced stealth room as the operator with the golden maw before you get any abilities. Fuck that room. Delete it from the game. It serves no purpose other than to reiterate that you're weak at that point and is a massive pace-killing waste of time.
Possessing a maw later on was gimmicky and a pretty rubbish way to prep you for the Queens fight too. Don't tell me to remember how I did the golden maw if the actual solution is significantly different.
And to top it all off, I got glitched into the wall during the archwing transition during extraction and had to re-do the fight. Eesh.

On the positive side,
crazy Ordis and fighting your sentinel was cool, and operator mode seems like a neat addition to the combat. Lore stuff was decent, if as inscrutable as ever. I enjoyed the character-building choices but would have preferred that they didn't feed into what looked like a black and white morality system.

Also, shout-out to the two gaffers that spent five minutes apologising to eachother after a throwaway comment in clan chat. Always nice to see it active and shoot the shit with other members :p

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Also, shout-out to the two gaffers that spent five minutes apologising to eachother after a throwaway comment in clan chat. Always nice to see it active and shoot the shit with other members :p

Haha, that would be vandald (clan leader) and me (Berutoron ingame).

I initially said in chat that I wasn't as blown away by Second Dream as others when I completed it yesterday, and I'm not sure I understood everything about it, but it's grown on me since. I sorta sensed/guessed what it was all about before even doint it so it wasn't a huge surprise, but it was well made anyway. I spent way too much time watching reaction videos to SD later that night. The very last reveal is really well done (spoilers):
"Now we fight on two fronts, my child: the war without... and the war within." *cut to character creation*

That said, still don't know who the heck Stalker is, or who Lotus really is and where she actually lives though.

I hope The War Within won't disappoint, though I know I shouldn't expect it to be as good as SD in any event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom