• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombless

Alright, how about exclamation marks:

I figure it's the same concept as the skull, in that it's a harder level? I just did that one with three other dudes who were way more advanced than anyone else I've seen. They tore through it like it was nothing, while I gained 4 levels in about 10 minutes.

Those are alerts, special missions that aren't necessarily harder but can feature special rewards for their completion. High credits usually, blueprints occasionally.

Hey guys, I made a thing!

xoMTt2p.jpg

Flipyap

Woah, you guys. I think I found one rare-ass Frost helmet!

jfWfrABTTgqhk.PNG

But be honest with me... does this Excalibur make my head look large?

Flipyap

Gotta say, I am not a.....FAN!
Bahahaha.
*cough.
Seriously though, that would be an al-right Helm if not for the French look.
I greatly enjoyed this post.

But I'm afraid that even without that fancy beret, the helmet would still have its space pacifier.

Or maybe it's big pouty space lips. GIVE AUNTIE VAUBAN A KISS.

I greatly enjoyed this post.

But I'm afraid that even without that fancy beret, the helmet would still have its space pacifier.

Or maybe it's big pouty space lips. GIVE AUNTIE VAUBAN A KISS.

I like to think that he's a Frenchman who just sucked on a space lemon and is puckering up something serious.

Now I want Vauban and to paint him black and white, and somehow make all of his effects smoke-based instead of electricity.

Double Affinity weekend is now live! Ends Tuesday @ 12 noon EDT!

Also, if you get an affinity booster off the market, that's QUAD affinity!

There were also a few fixes and changes with this patch.

Go forth and level up!

PS: ALL Dojo weapons have completed researching! Big thanks to everyone who contributed!

Flipyap

Double Affinity weekend is now live! Ends Tuesday @ 12 noon EDT!

Also, if you get an affinity booster off the market, that's QUAD affinity!
Sweet! Now we can reach that point where we struggle to find a reason to keep playing much fas... wait a second...

So with the double Affinity weekend, I broke down and got Vauban and swapped over to him from Mag. I'm digging him so far, albeit he feels slower than Mag. Still, I love 3 of his 4 powers, and they all seem contextually useful.

I think I want to switch from a rifle to a shotgun that better compliments his "throwing range" (since all his powers are thrown like grenades). Anyone have any shotgun suggestions?

I don't like how all the good weapons are locked behind clans. How is a lone wolf Tenno supposed to do anything with the stuff only found in the store :(

Anyhow, my ID is InsaneZero, so feel free to add me.

Don't see any problem with that, i mean it doesn't cost anything to join a clan, you could always just buy all the bps you leave and bail cant you?

Flipyap

Don't see any problem with that, i mean it doesn't cost anything to join a clan, you could always just buy all the bps you leave and bail cant you?
Plus, it's not even true.
...and with the way Warframe's "endgame" is structured (or, more like isn't at all), at some point how "good" a weapon is stops mattering in any way unless you have the most specific boner for a certain projectile gimmick (grenades, goo, stink bombs, whatever).
Every single piece of my equipment has been max level for a while now, but I spend most of my time playing easy missions because there's no reason to do anything else, and even if there was, the hardest missions in the game (ones you have to pay or grind special loot for) are a total breeze.

So, yeah, you can easily survive without a clan, but if you're so invested that the more freely available space guns don't do it for you anymore, you probably should be in a clan already anyway. This kind-of-sort-of is a co-op game. In theory.

Speaking of clans, I got access to our Clan Dojo, which looks freaking huge! How do I contribute resources to the clan weapons, or building projects?

(I also ended up getting the Burston blueprint and finally got enough resources to build it to replace my starting rifle... I think the Burston will hold me through until I pop level 4 and can research the Sobek shotgun)

Speaking of clans, I got access to our Clan Dojo, which looks freaking huge! How do I contribute resources to the clan weapons, or building projects?

(I also ended up getting the Burston blueprint and finally got enough resources to build it to replace my starting rifle... I think the Burston will hold me through until I pop level 4 and can research the Sobek shotgun)

Haha, I think our super generous leader and members have already researched every available weapon by now. There are expansion rooms (to increase the clan size) that are being built i think, You'd have to go to the basement and find a door thats open but not accessible, press X and it'll ask for donations if it needs it

Doing boss runs is fun. Trying to get Rhino buleprints, just did like five or six runs with three other random guys. We had that shit down to 5 minutes a run, tops. Only got one of the three prints so far. Gotta keep going!

EDIT: 2/3, plus an extra helmet print, awesome. Did a bunch of runs and didn't get the final. Try again tomorrow. Sucks that I've maxed out my Excalibur, so I feel like I'm kind of wasting time now until I get another Warframe. Probably get what I need to build Rhino and then not play for the three days it takes him to build (other than logging on to make sure I get my daily bonus).

Riptwo

Is this game fairly crashy for anyone else? It's the first game in a long time that's crashed hard enough to require a full on reboot more than once for me.

I've got ~ 12 hours of play in on it and it hasn't crashed on me once yet.

Same. I've had the game get stuck at the loading screen after completing a mission a couple of times, where I had to force close the game. Also had two glitches where characters I needed to kill wouldn't die forcing me to quit the mission. But, no hard freezes or crashes.

Riptwo

Huh, maybe the crashing is an SLI thing. Also, I ran into a bug where someone I played a round with sent me a clan invite, and I was somehow affiliated with their clan despite not having accepted or denied the request. So if anyone sent me a GAF invite and it didn't work, it should be good to go now!

Did a little more hunting/gathering for Rhino parts. Had a weird final boss run tonight. First, two foes appears:

This was after one partner vanished, and the other was stuck running up a wall. Either we weren't able to see each other typing, or they weren't responding. I assume the first.

Then partner who was running up the wall warped to the middle of the room, but was stuck half in the floor running forever:

Then I fell through the world a couple times before eventually death embraced me:

I had some revives luckily so I came back. Then the Jackal actually came to life (the second one vanished). I never saw a teammate again. I fought it on my own, with it glitching around like there was a fuck ton of lag. It would freeze for a while, then move at warp speed. Took forever. At some point someone else joined, but again I never saw them.

After the fight all the bad guys were doing the same thing and glitching all around. I eventually got to the end and a green dot on the map found its way to me (though, again, I never saw the person).

Mission successful.

SaintR

We cannot invite any more people before we build a new barracks to push us into the 100 members tier.
I would also like an invite as well whenever you guys are able to extend the barracks. My in-game name is Saintr21. I. Don't know if you guys just invite anybody but it would be much appreciated

4 helmet, 2 chassis, 0 systems. Night three of fighting Jackals...

EDIT: Night three done, no Rhino System still. F2P-ness starting to shine through...

Flipyap

4 helmet, 2 chassis, 0 systems. Night three of fighting Jackals...

EDIT: Night three done, no Rhino System still. F2P-ness starting to shine through...
Not really. That's just what happens when poorly designed loot games meet crafting systems.
The real F2P garbage extravaganza begins when you start the crafting process (known in some circles as taking a 4 day break for the game, sometimes followed by forgetting to launch it ever again).

Hey guys! Seeing a lot of people wanting invites!

We cannot invite any more people before we build a new barracks to push us into the 100 members tier.

If you feel like it, Bomb, go ahead and lay down the Storm barracks downstairs. Across from the Shadow one if you please :) Gotta keep that symmetry!

Not really. That's just what happens when poorly designed loot games meet crafting systems.
The real F2P garbage extravaganza begins when you start the crafting process (known in some circles as taking a 4 day break for the game, sometimes followed by forgetting to launch it ever again).

Yeah, I haven't done much crafting yet, but so far it hasn't bothered me. But, now I feel like I shouldn't craft anything til I get a new Warframe done. So the last three nights have just been spent farming because my current warframe and all my weapons are maxed out, so it feels like I'm just wasting time until I get new shit.

I wish I'd hit a 50-75% off bonus. I have some money in my Steam wallet from selling cards so if I hate that 75% I'll be all over the $100 pack which will pretty much allow me to buy anything I fucking want.

I must be enjoying the game enough, 'cause I've never played a F2P game enough to where I'm actually willing to give money.

Yeah, I haven't done much crafting yet, but so far it hasn't bothered me. But, now I feel like I shouldn't craft anything til I get a new Warframe done. So the last three nights have just been spent farming because my current warframe and all my weapons are maxed out, so it feels like I'm just wasting time until I get new shit.

I wish I'd hit a 50-75% off bonus. I have some money in my Steam wallet from selling cards so if I hate that 75% I'll be all over the $100 pack which will pretty much allow me to buy anything I fucking want.

I must be enjoying the game enough, 'cause I've never played a F2P game enough to where I'm actually willing to give money.

Go get the weapons that just cost game $, since youre running bosses anyway, might as well bring one or 2 weapons that need lvling with you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom