• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer Online Open Beta IS GO. Unless you're European. GOA says LOLOL

Hooker

Nope, it's a URL with your email address and an unique string. No way to dupe it.

But rest easy, they will open the account creation and authorisation pages when they've processed all created accounts. Yours could still be coming.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Hooker said:
Nope, it's a URL with your email address and an unique string. No way to dupe it.

But rest easy, they will open the account creation and authorisation pages when they've processed all created accounts. Yours could still be coming.
not keeping my hopes high since i'm in USA and i used like a UK McDonalds address :lol

edit: i think i typed my email address wrong. cause i got a confirm right after i used a second email address and user id.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Doesn't matter, they don't check the address at all, as long as the email you signed up with works, you'll be fine.

Door2Dawn said:
So I have to preorder WAR to join the open beta? Laame.

You can always cancel the preorder after you enter the beta code in. I know people who have pre-ordered the game at Best Buy or Gamestop just to get the code and once they had it, they would just cancel it.

Okay, I've gotten my Witch Hunter up to rank 6 and need to take a break. I'm not really digging the combat that much. WH's themselves are pretty fun, although I've yet to figure out how to recognize how many Judgements or whatever they are called I've got rolling.

It's that the animations are *so* low key that it's really hard to recognize them. I'm sure some of it is just getting used to it, but being able to tell what character is healing whom is still going to be difficult even once I learn recognize what characters are friggin healers.

Also the targetting system just seems off. It's difficult to click on things, and it's difficult to mouseover for anywhere near long enough to read the popup. Oh and I'm sure I've either overlooked something or it'll be easily moddable, but the lack of target of target of target of target displays or assists really gets to me.

And in my final grievance, I've already encountered some Order Molestation Fests, and that's inside what I assume to have some effort at balance scenarios. They are not fun.

But it's still quite fun, I'm not completely sold on the game and really loathe the graphics, but if Public Quests turn out decent I think I'll be swayed enough.

Oh and one last thing: I had loot boxes pop up inside a scenario and have absolutely no clue what caused it.

Ferrio

Banned
Son of Godzilla said:
Oh and one last thing: I had loot boxes pop up inside a scenario and have absolutely no clue what caused it.

Players have a chance of dropping loot when they die (not their own), if it's a uncommon item+ then it's roll time.

Ferrio said:
Players have a chance of dropping loot when they die (not their own), if it's a uncommon item+ then it's roll time.

Ah okay. I have noticed the loot icon popping up on corpses, but couldn't open them when I tried.

Ferrio

Banned
Trevor360 said:
Playing chosen right now. Anyone know whats better for dps:
+8str or
-8 toughness (on enemy)

Think it's a bit early now to be playing Theorycraft... or I guess theoryhammer.

people are getting thru.

Not me though. Haven't managed to log in once all day long.

Anytime the auth server is up it eventually times out on me then gives me a 414 error hooray!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
My account is already logged onto a diff ... what the hell :lol

Lets try again!

Edit: wtf why am i now downloading a new 189mb patch. Sigh this is stupid.

Draft

TheHeretic said:
I don't know how people are saying WoW looks better, its not even close.
WoW does not look better, technically at least, but it is close. WAR doesn't burn WoW the way you might expect a game coming out 3 years later would.

WAR obliterates WOW in terms of character models, though. With the details turned up they are seriously, seriously impressive.

vtreadingsmall.jpg

My Bright Wizard Vodkateets :lol

Draft said:
WoW does not look better, technically at least, but it is close. WAR doesn't burn WoW the way you might expect a game coming out 3 years later would.

WAR obliterates WOW in terms of character models, though. With the details turned up they are seriously, seriously impressive.

vtreadingsmall.jpg

My Bright Wizard Vodkateets :lol

The textures are still fucking miserable through. Did I read a few pages back that there was some bug causing doo doo textures?

Draft

Textures are super hot in some places, not hot in others. I think someone above pointed out there is a serious LOD issue. It's really noticeable. A mountain like 50 feet away from you will definitely rock the N64 textures with no shame.

I upgraded my video card drivers, and I think that fixed the awful performance issues I was having earlier, but it still seems a little too sluggish for what the engine is doing. Totally acceptable though. Feel much more confident in my purchase.

Chris R

Level 6 Swordmaster. So far I'd give the game about an 8 or 9 out of 10. Most likely I'll buy the game, just doing more research now... Game could look better, and the UI could use a little improvement (can I mouseover and find out what class someone is?) but the combat is decent and the rvr/pvp is lively

Lvl 7 Bright Wizard. Not digging the game too much up to now. Here's a few of the reasons why.

- Way too many public quests first of all.

- Killing monsters 1 by 1 is completely useless because they give nearly no experience (no grinding).

- Seems no equipment comes off of crap mobs (atleast for now).

- Rvr is boring as freakin hell. In wow Battlegrounds are extremely fun but here it's so boring.

- Oh hi go to the second zone and get ganked constantly at lvl 8. wtf...

- OMFG LAG! You'd think that 2 weeks before the game comes out they'd have atleast considered this. It's horrible. ESPECIALLY if you are a caster. I throw a fireball, you see it hit the monster, and the damage appears about 3-4 seconds after.

All in all I give it a 5-6/10. Maybe if they fix a lot of these things it would be better but for now it's looking really really shitty.

Edit: Oh ya I forgot to mention the graphics are really bad. Even at max settings they look bland and boring.

VaLiancY

I give up, my computer crashes like crazy now. I don't think I can get a hour out of this, it lines up with my school schedule next week anyway.

traveler said:
Wait- you don't like leveling through public quests, but you do want to level through 1 on 1 monster grinding? Why?
No. But I'd like to also get decent xp from killing the mobs in the quests.

Twig

Banned
blitztidues said:
Doesn't change the fact that there's too many of them.
How can you have too many of a completely optional thing that you don't ever have to do if you don't want to?

Nothing you say makes any sense. Unless your'e going for, "It's now WoW. I hate it!"

Zoolaga

blitztidues said:
Lvl 7 Bright Wizard. Not digging the game too much up to now. Here's a few of the reasons why.

- Way too many public quests first of all.

This is a bizarre argument. You do know that they're optional right?

blitztidues said:
- Killing monsters 1 by 1 is completely useless because they give nearly no experience (no grinding).

You get an XP boost for killing sprees and you can turn in quests to a kill collector if you are grinding the right type of mob, you can find one at most camps.

blitztidues said:
- Seems no equipment comes off of crap mobs (atleast for now).

You must have just been unlucky, equipment drops about as often as any other MMO.

blitztidues said:
- Oh hi go to the second zone and get ganked constantly at lvl 8. wtf...

I don't think this is technically possible unless you flagged yourself or you accidentally wandered into an RvR zone (you get a warning and a countdown on the screen when you do, you also get boosted up a few levels to make things a bit more even).

Xdrive05

Is anyone else sick of getting the same exact same survey over and over again?

I can understand that your opinion may change over time. Sure. But your opinion on "Is this the first Warcraft game you've played?", for example, isn't going to change.

Ferrio

Banned
Xdrive05 said:
Is anyone else sick of getting the same exact same survey over and over again?

I can understand that your opinion may change over time. Sure. But your opinion on "Is this the first Warcraft game you've played?", for example, isn't going to change.

Ya, you can just close them if you don't want to do them.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Some Dwarf shenanigans.

PlutoM_000.jpg

Closed beta, found a way up to the mountainside and jumped down on top of the keep in that town. The other side of the mountain had a Greenskins area that I was willing to jump into but the fall would've killed me.

PlutoM_001.jpg

Public quest for the Dwarves. This giant Ugrog packs a punch.

PlutoM_002.jpg

This fella was wandering around for awhile and I noticed him from afar but didn't think anyone would hit him.

PlutoM_003.jpg

Close up of that beautiful face and what he dropped in the chat box. 37 brass coins. Excellent.

Top Bottom