• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WarHawk PS3 was the most fun multiplayer shooter of all time and we need one for PS4

OP is pretty on point, Warhawks was the first time I really got into competitive multiplayer on consoles. Shame the weird way starhawk was marketed and sold killed the franchise.

Who

Banned
Damn this thread is making me sad I never had a PS3 in its prime. This type of game seems right up my alley too. Shoot.

Maddocks

Warhawk was amazing, it was the reason I even got a Bluetooth headset because it came with one. I spent hours and hours flying around, finally being good at it and man it was so much fun and then I was so happy to see them making starhawk.

Then it released and I got it all happy at it, then I played it and it honestly felt like the magic was gone. Wasn't as fun anymore and the hours I would have wanted to spend in the game I just used on other things to do. I think I played around 200 hours of warhawk and probably only 14 on starhawk, it just wasn't fun.

Bring back warhawk, but leave starhawk behind.

Makes me smile just thinking about the binoculars. Perched on a cliff miles away from a battle, aiming that green laser, and watching everybody panic and scramble when they hear that hiss... then BOOM. Fuck it was satisfying.

Then running away because you knew somebody was going to get pissed and jump in a plane and fly to you just to get revenge

Makes me smile just thinking about the binoculars. Perched on a cliff miles away from a battle, aiming that green laser, and watching everybody panic and scramble when they hear that hiss... then BOOM. Fuck it was satisfying.

Then running away because you knew somebody was going to get pissed and jump in a plane and fly to you just to get revenge

Nothing in the game tops that 1/1000 time you manage to snipe a moving Warhawk out of the sky from a distance with a tank though, lawdddd.

whitehawk

Banned
The flying mechanics in Starhawk is unmatched though, I'd rather a new Starhawk, or even an HD 60fps port of the starfox missions.

Warhawk on PS3, Shadowrun on the 360. The only multiplayer games (outside Halo) to have truly captured me in the last few generations. I wish for their returns.

thelastword

Banned
Yes, Warhawk was on point, it was also a very nice looking game with some nice tech, primarily it's clouds and IQ. A new warhawk would look amazing this gen with it's stylized look.

Warhawk was absolutely amazing. The Battlefront beta feels a bit similar in 3rd person, but it doesn't have the great maps, vehicles, weapons and balance that Warhawk did.

Sarobi

Banned
My first few days of playing Warhawk are basically the best memories I have on PS3. Me and friends had a blast on it, and we were pretty active on it for quite some time. I would gladly welcome a Warhawk II or even a remaster.

We should tweet Adam Boyes demanding that he looks at this thread and put Warhawk on "The List"

Daunt

Neo Member
To top it off, the one mode that fit the ideas of the game, Zones, was completely ignored.

Zones in Warhawk was the best experience in a game mode I've had. So many good players to play against back in the day, too.

I don't play on console anymore, but I'd buy a PS4 in a heartbeat if they remade WH for it lol. Proflight in the original was so much fun.

Zones in Warhawk was the best experience in a game mode I've had. So many good players to play against back in the day, too.

I don't play on console anymore, but I'd buy a PS4 in a heartbeat if they remade WH for it lol. Proflight in the original was so much fun.

Im with you, zones was the best imo. It's all I played. Loved it. Reading all these posts and seeing the love for the game is brilliant. Someone get a Kickstarter going lol we need a PS4 version !!!

ZhugeEX

Banned
Oh wow.

Looking back the graphics really looks PS2 quality to me. Really amazing how 3D computer graphics keep advancing on the same console.

I remember having the same feeling with AC1 to AC2 then up to Black Flag.

Loved Warhawk. Put hundreds of hours into the game. Loved boobytrapping the weapons spawns with mines, flying cloaked into the enemy base and throwing mines onto their planes, epic tank assaults to take bases, dropping cluster bombs on the enemy's homebase, running into bunkers and knifing snipers.

Played the demo of Starhawk but it didn't have the same feel. I thought it was a big misstep away from what made Warhawk great. Think Jobe should have stuck with the Chernovan vs Eucadian theme too.

Defuser

Man I love getting tripmines and binoculars,climbing up the tower which overlooks the enemy base and rain artillary down on those poor people getting into their warhawks. Warhawks hovering and enemies climbing up the tower gets a nice land mine from me.

ptuck874

loved it, praise to the hawk! give me some more zones man, throw down some landmines and watch people die all the time ....

dork

Banned
did any game have a better netcode than this? I don't recall any lag in these games

Of all time? I don't think so. Maybe if PS3 was your first console and warhawk your first mp game.

All time no. But on console yes, there has not been a better multiplayer console game since warhawk.

Hell even a HD remaster on PSN for $20 would be INCREDIBLE

Kamina777

Banned
Starhawk? Thatnever happened. Warhawk was an interesting experiment that paid off

Of all time? I don't think so. Maybe if PS3 was your first console and warhawk your first mp game.
Name one better and let's pick it apart. Warhawk took two different genres and melded them near seamlessly.

Handy Fake

Dogfighting done perfectly. Nimble little things.
Used to love jumping in a jeep with our boy and racing through enemy lines to the flag and trying to escape while everyone piled in to cover us.

Does it still have players?

Yes, there usually 20+ games going at any time. Not a lot of DLC play (definitely the ice level + APC gets more play than jetpacks or dropship) and it's all CTF or deathmatch. Zones matches are few and far between, which is a fucking shame

Still, I hop on every couple of months with a friend, jam to that soundtrack, and whoop some ass. All these years later and I'm still real fucking good.

Sayter

Never played it. But I do remember how fun the multiplayer was on Crimson Skies. XBL was just getting started and everyone talked. Oh, the racism me and others faced. Good times.

_Ace_

Unconfirmed Member
Warhawk was my most played multiplayer online shooter on PS3 with Battlefield Bad Company 2.

I loved Warhawk.

Pejo

I never play Multiplayer-only games. I played the shit out of this game. It struck a cord with me that it wasn't just getting one shotted by snipers or shotguns, and no matter what I did, I could contribute at least a little to the team. Also the dogfights were really fun, and some of the situations you could get into was a good time. I would absolutely be in for a PS4 version.

The infantry combat was pretty lacklustre, but man everything else about Warhawk was pretty incredible. Getting into a warhawk and chasing dudes in canyons like a scene out of Star Wars was pretty great.

This thread made me go to the playstation store and redownload my deluxe version of Warhawk. I'm just sad my save was on my old ps3 which tanked years back. Let's see how this game holds up.....

Warhawk really was a great game. For awhile it was the only other online competetive I played beside Call of Duty

Top Bottom