• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhawk - The Official Thread

S. L.

Greg said:
I thought it was already understood that those stats were gone, much like all of my stats from the first 3 weeks of Resistance at launch.:lol
yeah, but now all my hope is crushed ;_;

Greg

methane47 said:
YAY STAT BUG FIX ON THE WAY...

Dang it I already promised the other guys i would be on resistance tonite :(

/cry...
You could always let them down like I have in the past 8 weeks. :lol

kay

Good that it is getting fixed. This problem was not apparent before because when the game launched and during the beta, the stats updated fine. It just got overloaded and started not updating until it completely stopped. With the number of users growing and the number of times stats didn't update, it's pretty clear that that was the problem. The network errors too, I don't remember seeing that many complaints the first couple days.

Raist said:
holy it freethough, I was reading the map and idn't see you coming in front of my jeep :lol

Sorry mate :p

No worries, that's what happens when you jump in front of a moving vehicle. Had some great games but I think my voice chat is broken. Plus my laptop is well and truly dead so my PS3 is my only internet browser. Posting to get into a full GAF server is really cumbersome. In-game internet browsing Sony, get on it.

Also had my first run-in with a deliberate TKer, what a dick.

kay

freethought said:
No worries, that's what happens when you jump in front of a moving vehicle. Had some great games but I think my voice chat is broken. Plus my laptop is well and truly dead so my PS3 is my only internet browser. Posting to get into a full GAF server is really cumbersome. In-game internet browsing Sony, get on it.

Also had my first run-in with a deliberate TKer, what a dick.
You could browse in game when the online manual option was there, too bad they took it out. There was very little memory available though.

SleazyC

LJ11 said:
I'll send you an invite after you log in. Send me a PM when you do as a reminder.
Thanks, it still might take a while though. Shipping to my home address, I'm at school. Got the retail pack for $39.99 though :D

kay

distantmantra said:
Yeah, I can't connect either... yay.

Everyone,

As you all know, we have been diligently working on the stats issue. It totally sucks that your stats aren't posting and we take it very, very seriously.

So...some of you may have already noticed that we are bringing the entire system down right now to deploy a server-side patch for out stats database in an attempt to resolve the errors when games post stats. We have performed very thorough internal testing but, as will be the case with any large online game, the ultimate test is to get a huge player base to smash the hell out of it.

I think it’s fair to say that if this update doesn't resolve the stats issue...you will all let us know! :p

This update is rolling out RIGHT NOW...servers will be brought off-line, from 4:15pm PDT and will be down until 6:15pm PDT.

Many apologies for this incredibly late notice but we are absolutely committed to making sure you all have great service, and playing Warhawk this weekend with stats fixed has been our #1 priority!!!

I will post again once we have the system back up and running.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Dylan has a later update too clarifying the stat fix a little.

Any of you who were playing when we "pulled the trigger" were probably disconnected -- We had to bring it all down...not just you guys here in the states but ALL our players!

As far as what your stats will be...you will stay at what you have currently. This won't ressurrect stats you lost, but *should* allow you to earn new stats.

You will *NOT* have your stats wiped!!!

This change is to the stats database ONLY...we are still agressively looking at other issues and will update all of you as we have more info.

Vennt said:
Dylan has a later update too clarifying the stat fix a little.

WHATTHEFUCKOMGWTFINCOGWTFMAN MY STATSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

What the hell man... Resistance and BF2 managed to track all the stats even though it took long... you just pulled the plug on the stat tracker and stuck it back in? Goddamnit.

kay

narcosis219 said:
WHATTHEFUCKOMGWTFINCOGWTFMAN MY STATSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

What the hell man... Resistance and BF2 managed to track all the stats even though it took long... you just pulled the plug on the stat tracker and stuck it back in? Goddamnit.
The load likely made the stats not get logged, it's probably not what happened to those games.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I think it's time for the FIRST OFFICIAL GAF WARHAWK MEET AND DESTROY!!!!!

85875277_434be2a778_o.jpg

Lets get the ball rolling...

Since the clan aspects of the game are currently a huge stinking mess (no stat tracking, clan invite bug, no party system,........X_X;) and our clan leadership is also kind of screwed up (......don't get me started......), this first official meet will be a friendly meet. That means no regional clan allegiance and no ranked games. Servers will be player hosted servers hosted by GAF members and password locked to keep them GAF only. P.M. me if you want to volunteer to host. I'll need your PSN ID, GAF ID, and the max players you can host (this ain't going to work if you guys don't volunteer). The destruction will begin Saturday, September 8 at 1:00 P.M. PST.

So remember:

Friendly meet; No Clan Allegiance & No Ranked Games
Servers will be player hosted so host can participate
(I need volunteers....P.M. me)
Servers will be pass locked (Pass will be posted in this thread an hour before the meet)
Meet will begin Saturday, September 8 at 1:00 P.M. PST

I can not emphasize this enough, THIS MEET WILL NOT WORK IF WE DON'T GET VOLUNTEERS TO HOST.

So far 4 people have volunteered to host.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Ranked server going up in 5 min.

GAF_PST(#1)-CTF/ZNS

It's up....I'll probably shut it off at around 10:00 PST.

God damn it, Gamefly still has Warhawk availability marked as "Very Low". By the time I get the game, any advantage I might have gotten from participating in the beta will be worth jack shit.

Baker

Banned
Anyone else having PSN problems? I keeping getting that stupid DNS failure and it won't log in. I've power cycled my modem/router twice.

It's even still downloading from my queue, but it won't let me sign in.

Edit: ROFL, nevermind. The router fell off the tower and smashed into the computer table. Now PSN works.

garrickk

I still haven't gotten an invite to GAFn - I know the invite system is still screwed up.

Anyway, I tried to sent a message to Varshes on the current status - your PM box is full.

Ashhong

I want to make a short rant...about the FUCKING MISSILE TURRETS. There are just too many of them, and too many cheap ass players that stay in there ALL THE LIVE LONG DAY. I enjoy using them as much as any other, but too many people just stay in there. As soon as I fucking lift off I get a "MISSILE LOCKED" warning and fucking die before I get a chance to evade.

Also, it may just be me, but its too freakin hard to evade them. I'm pretty good at evading Warhawk swarm and homing missiles, but those fucking turrets always get me. It just really makes me mad for some reason. And to top it off, they are practically invisible in flight I think. I get a TOW missile, shoot it, and theres no player indicator showing that they are in the turret, and I cant find them. I think they should make them as visible as a Warhawk, but in radar and in flight.

I love just Warhawk fights. I don't know if anybody here can vouch for me, but I think I'm pretty good in air. Got my strategy down pat. But those missiles...gay.

Anybody else hate missile campers as much as me?

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
As a confirmed turret camper/addict, mo, I don't :D

If it's any consolation, I hate Tanks or Infantry w/RPG's as much as you hate turrets, spend too long in one and I can guarantee you'll be eating dirt before long. They are a turret-monkeys nemesis.

I think they've got the balance perfect, Tanks vs RPGs or Mines, Hawks vs Turrets - everything seems to have a counter-tactic that just meshes.

Ashhong said:
I want to make a short rant...about the FUCKING MISSILE TURRETS. There are just too many of them, and too many cheap ass players that stay in there ALL THE LIVE LONG DAY. I enjoy using them as much as any other, but too many people just stay in there. As soon as I fucking lift off I get a "MISSILE LOCKED" warning and fucking die before I get a chance to evade.

Also, it may just be me, but its too freakin hard to evade them. I'm pretty good at evading Warhawk swarm and homing missiles, but those fucking turrets always get me. It just really makes me mad for some reason. And to top it off, they are practically invisible in flight I think. I get a TOW missile, shoot it, and theres no player indicator showing that they are in the turret, and I cant find them. I think they should make them as visible as a Warhawk, but in radar and in flight.

I love just Warhawk fights. I don't know if anybody here can vouch for me, but I think I'm pretty good in air. Got my strategy down pat. But those missiles...gay.

Turrets are visible on radar. TOW's are the way to go.

methane47

Do you guys think we would be able to submit a new design to Incognito to put on the game models??
That could signify the Gaf Clan...

THink Gaf has enough clout for that?

Maybe something like this?
s_180311dd1de01a121f72d5043aa994f8.jpg

Imagine gaffers running around with this on their backs.
4mupdtz.jpg

Core407

Banned
Ashhong said:

I feel for you. That's why if I see a guy in a turret and I have a rocket launcher, I'll take him out. It's actually a good way to gain quick and easy points. They're basically sitting ducks and when you shoot 'em with the rocket launcher at a 300ft distance, they don't even know where you are.

kay

Stats are updating now.

Ashhong said:

You have got to get in situations where you don't have to avoid the missiles. Always check radar before you get in the air since you can see all turrets, that's the most important thing. If you see one, either avoid it by going around or go by obstacles. If you want revenge, wait until it isn't facing you (the radar shows this) and use lasers plus one yellow missile to take it out fast. Or just use invisibility/TOW and take it out. I find that the rocket launcher is the largest threat in the air.

Ashhong

Tanks and RPG's may take out turrets, but it doesn't help if your team sucks and doesn't destroy them. It's just really annoying. I hardly think Turrets/Warhawk is balanced. One shot from the turrets and your down. Only thing from warhawk that can kill the turret in one hit seems to be the TOW.

Yeah, i know the turrets are on the radar, but I have trouble seeing them, especially when hidden around trees. Also, when in TOW mode, many times I cant see the player indicator, while sometimes I can. Maybe its just me...

Ashhong

kay said:
Stats are updating now.

You have got to get in situations where you don't have to avoid the missiles. Always check radar before you get in the air since you can see all turrets, that's the most important thing. If you see one, either avoid it by going around or go by obstacles. If you want revenge, wait until it isn't facing you (the radar shows this) and use lasers plus one yellow missile to take it out fast. Or just use invisibility/TOW and take it out. I find that the rocket launcher is the largest threat in the air.

Wait, the radar shows which way its facing? Wow, i should check it more often. Although, they turn pretty fast. I also dont use stealth very much, because doesn't it just turn off as soon as you change weapons? And dont you still show up on radar if you are in flight mode? I need to get better at avoiding them I guess.

Warhawk dogfight deathmatch FTW!

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
The point isnt that turrets and warhawks balance each other, but rather that all turrets/hawks/tanks/infantry are balanced to promote diversity, the warhawk needs a weakness, turrets are it. They can't move and that is a major weakness for them.

Your real problem is your team sucking, I think :D

kay

Yeah, but you can kill them fast, less than 3 seconds if your missile and lasers hits. While invisible you can still shoot but it will take longer since you cant use missiles.

Atrus

Gold Member
Ashhong said:

Missile Turrets rockets can be avoided by getting behind the line of sight and changing altitude while out of sight. I always try to circle a mountain and hit the deck before rocketing upward. Additionally, all missiles have a difficult time weaving around obstacles.

What compounds the turret missiles is the fact that the ground forces may not be taking bases. This gives the opposition every missile turret in the map to use but your own home base, and frankly if this happens and there are enemy aircraft as well, your team is screwed unless they all work together.

Ashhong said:
Tanks and RPG's may take out turrets, but it doesn't help if your team sucks and doesn't destroy them. It's just really annoying. I hardly think Turrets/Warhawk is balanced. One shot from the turrets and your down. Only thing from warhawk that can kill the turret in one hit seems to be the TOW.

Yeah, i know the turrets are on the radar, but I have trouble seeing them, especially when hidden around trees. Also, when in TOW mode, many times I cant see the player indicator, while sometimes I can. Maybe its just me...

The player indicator doesn't show up until you're really close. I pull up the map to get a bearing and just keep an eye out for movement when I have a visual. Sneaking up when they're looking the other way works too though.

Madman

Ashhong said:
Tanks and RPG's may take out turrets, but it doesn't help if your team sucks and doesn't destroy them. It's just really annoying. I hardly think Turrets/Warhawk is balanced. One shot from the turrets and your down.
Honestly, I am happy when I see the two missles coming. I drop my chaff, just sneak up on them and blow their asses up. Back in the beta they caused fear, now I look forward to AA attacks. Free kill.

womfalcs3

Banned
Baker said:
Anyone else having PSN problems? I keeping getting that stupid DNS failure and it won't log in. I've power cycled my modem/router twice.

It's even still downloading from my queue, but it won't let me sign in.

Edit: ROFL, nevermind. The router fell off the tower and smashed into the computer table. Now PSN works.

Use a different DNS address. I don't use my ISP's anymore.

Ashhong

You guys have some good tips. I rarely use my chaff, mostly because I'm not a quick thinker and don't bother with changing weapons and using it. Evading is easier for me (unless its a turret). I think I need to learn the intricacies of each thing a little more...like how stealth works. Looks like I'll be using that more.

What's the laser you speak of kay? You mean the electrical thing, the left d-pad? I shoot a turret with a full on charge of that and they dont die. So while I'm in stealth and hover, I can switch to the laser and shoot? So shoot the turret with that and my machine gun?

If these strats work, I'll be unstoppable! :lol

This has probably been asked before, but who here actually uses the motion controls for flying?

I really tried at first, but it just wasn't as precise as I needed it. Once I turned pro flight on, I haven't turned back. I hate the way turning is done on default. I'd much rather have to manually bank, then pull up to turn.
Plus, I wish I could remap machine gun to X. My middle finger gets tired having to hold down R2 so I can use index to fire.

Top Bottom