• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warner Bros' SDCC Panel (The Thread! - The Sequel!)

You mean the story that was conveniently floated late Friday night?

Yeah. That story.

The story based on his actually leaving the fuckin' talks. Because he did.

Like - this isn't a WWE storyline or whatever. Dude did a thing. Trade reported on it.

RE: This trailer:

I like Batman straight up lying about Superman's effect on the populace.

Yeah. That story.

Like - this isn't a WWE storyline or whatever. Dude did a thing. Trade reported on it.

It seems like they're really going for this retroactive meta narrative about the world becoming a brighter place as superheroes emerge.

a916

Yeah. That story.

Sometimes truth isn't good enough. Sometimes people deserve their faith to be rewarded.

No Lanterns, or that Abin Sur isn't on Earth at the time of the invasion?

Also, nice Penguin reference. I'm excited to see him never show up in a movie.

jett

D-Member
THAT´S NAKED CAVILL IN FRONT OF ALFRED!

tumblr_lfawwiNR5t1qc26xl.gif

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
LOOOOOOOOL

12:53

"Kid," Momoa glares, "I don't know if your parents told you, but Superman is dead!"

Comments(0)

12:53

A little, little kid just asked about Superman being in the movie.

Staf

Bruce: "Superman was a beacon to this world. He didn't just save people, he made them se the best parts of themselves"

I would have love to have seen a movie about that Superman...

Steppenwolf apparently goes from country to country hitting the ground with an axe.

This element of the film seems borrowed from the Earth 2 comics, weirdly enough. Since there, Steppenwolf led the invasion of Earth, complete with opening up pits not unlike those on Apokolips.

jett

D-Member
It seems like they're really going for this retroactive meta narrative about the world becoming a brighter place as superheroes emerge.

Not sure what they're going for here. What are they doing talking about the "age of heroes" coming back? When was it ever here?

Hell yeah Cyborg. There are gonna be some converts after this film.

Aside from some of the effects I really liked the trailer. Only part I'm iffy about is Steppenwolf. I feel like he's going to be a really shit villain but hopefully I'm wrong.

Loved that they straight up mentioned the Lanterns in a trailer.

That would line up nicely...

Abin Sur already dead, and Hal or whoever is off being trained in space.
It would be cool if that was how they treated it. Maybe we'll get a throwaway line in the movie about a rise in intergalactic activity or a spaceship crash near Coast City.

a916

Bruce: "Superman was a beacon to this world. He didn't just save people, he made them se the best parts of themselves"

I would have love to have seen a movie about that Superman...

I mean, at the end of the movie, he does say:

"I failed you in life, I won't fail you in death"

Did anyone catch a glimpse of Steppenwolf's face? Is it armored up or meaty? Such a cool version of his design and way smaller than I thought he would be.

Cuburt

Variety Retweeted
Brent Lang‏Verified account @BrentALang 2m2 minutes ago

Ben Affleck says it's a "misconception" that because he didn't direct #TheBatman he wasn't enthusiastic about film

The guy is a big Batman fan. I think he walked because he wasn't enthusiastic about the script, not because he wasn't enthusiastic with the idea of the film or the character.

Also, there certainly seems like BTS drama that goes beyond Affleck's personal feelings about Batman.

Not sure what they're going for here. What are they doing talking about the "age of heroes" coming back? When was it ever here?

That's presumably a reference to greek myth, in which the ages went: The Golden Age, Silver Age, Bronze Age, Heroic Age (the vague time in which folks like Heracles and Odysseus were meant to be running about) and then the Iron Age, the 'present', from the perspective of the ancient greeks.

Top Bottom