• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warner Bros' SDCC Panel (The Thread! - The Sequel!)

a916

Because Suicide was more successful than MOS and was their most profitable film before Wonder Woman it would be weird if we did not get Suicide Squad 2

A MOS2 sequel done right would dwarf Suicide Squad. I don't even think SS2 can outgross SS1... that was marketing hitting it out of the park and they may not be able to capture that again.

Cuburt

@slashfilm
Aquaman clip show, like the opening of Star Wars but for under the sea. Very cool.

anigif_enhanced-15889-1446499761-11.gif

"Let me be clear," says Affleck, "Batman is the greatest f--king part in the world. I am thrilled to do it."

He says that he would be an ape in the background for Matt Reeves, so it sounds like he will be doing the film after all!

Ha

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
12:34

He says that he would be an ape in the background for Matt Reeves, so it sounds like he will be doing the film after all!

Comments(0)

12:34

"Let me be clear," says Affleck, "Batman is the greatest f--king part in the world. I am thrilled to do it."

Affleck is a Batman fanboy. Dude has his own batcave in his house.

The Batman and the following movies are a ways off. Maybe he´ll get his shit in order. Cause i bet he would love to do it.

a916

Affleck also said he was directing Batman on Kimmel weeks before dropping out... probably PR spin at this point.

suaveric

Don't forget that they have to sell Justice League for the next six months. I'm not sure Ben would be announcing stepping down at this point. That happens after his last movie.

Mariolee

...This we should take with a grain of salt but believe an anonymous source?

Reported by THR which doesn't fuck around with sources like Comicbookmovie.com or something. Affleck has also been shown time and time again to make definitive statements on the production of DCEU films, specifically on The Batman, and then only a few weeks later we find out the exact opposite is occuring.

I'm way good with Affleck staying on as Bats.

But remember Flashpoint could be quite a ways away, so it may be true they are gonna recast some people as well.

a916

Don't forget that they have to sell Justice League for the next six months. I'm not sure Ben would be announcing stepping down at this point. That happens after his last movie.

Yeah, there's no way in hell they can announce he's stepping down when they still hvae to push JL.

If we get a Green Lantern I hope its Jessica Cruz.

I can't think of a Hal arc in my head that wouldn't be too condensed, and Guy/John/Kyle work better as part of GLC rather than solo...Jessica would be something new.ish

Cuburt

Affleck also said he was directing Batman on Kimmel weeks before dropping out... probably PR spin at this point.

Yeah, did people forget this ever happened?

On second thought, I take it back. People immediately scrubbed that from their minds as soon as he dropped out.

Top Bottom