• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warner Bros' SDCC Panel (The Thread! - The Sequel!)

Rvaan

Banned
If we get a Green Lantern I hope its Jessica Cruz.

I can't think of a Hal arc in my head that wouldn't be too condensed, and Guy/John/Kyle work better as part of GLC rather than solo...Jessica would be something new.ish

I'd be down for Cruz and Baz as a buddy cop film.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Variety Retweeted
Brent Lang‏Verified account @BrentALang 2m2 minutes ago

Ben Affleck says it's a "misconception" that because he didn't direct #TheBatman he wasn't enthusiastic about film

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Reported by THR which doesn't fuck around with sources like Comicbookmovie.com or something. Affleck has also been shown time and time again to make definitive statements on the production of DCEU films, specifically on The Batman, and then only a few weeks later we find out the exact opposite is occuring.

Yeah, it's nice that he said it but what else would people expect him to say? It doesn't mean people should take the rumor 100% fact but whatever WB or Affleck says right now is just PR. He said he would still direct and write The Batman, and both of those things evaporated a few weeks later.

I don't care either way. If he wants to stay, that's cool. If he wants to leave, that's also cool. But I'm betting he'll hang it up before a second solo batman movie materializes.

dcelw540

jzc9UkS.gif

Reported by THR which doesn't fuck around with sources like Comicbookmovie.com or something. Affleck has also been shown time and time again to make definitive statements on the production of DCEU films, specifically on The Batman, and then only a few weeks later we find out the exact opposite is occuring.

Variety also did Reeves dirty work when him and his camp dropped the "Matt Reeves officially leaves Batman talks" story on them to gain leverage over Warner Bros.

The trades get used and abused from time to time by various camps to get leverage over others.

What dirty work? Dude left talks.

Variety reported on a thing that actually happened.

You mean the story that was conveniently floated late Friday night? Hell, other trade reporters were more or less saying the story was being used as leverage by Reeves to get more perks. Justin Kroll, I believe.

...This we should take with a grain of salt but believe an anonymous source?

As I said in the DCCU thread: he denied he was not directing The Batman less than a month before it was announced he was not

Hollywood Reporter, Variety, and Deadline are far more trustworthy than an actor with a known history of lying

Top Bottom