• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warriors Series Community Thread | Analyzing the complexities of Square and Triangle

Quick question: How is Samurai Warriors 4 in terms of the general game structure

By that I mean, how do you go about leveling up your characters and what is the weapon system like? Lately I've kind of started hating the trend of Warriors games where you get stuck playing characters you don't like because the story dictates it and then instead of upgrading the characters you do like from the ground up, you have to "buy" levels and end up creating a strong character out of nowhere. I actually like the process of picking a character, going through their independent story mode and watching them slowly unlock all their skills and get better and stronger at a nice even pace.

Does SW4 have indepentent stories for the characters, or does it do one of those group stories where you are given a choice of a few random characters and the next level another random group who magically have leveled up to whatever your highest level was from the last stage?

Quick question: How is Samurai Warriors 4 in terms of the general game structure

By that I mean, how do you go about leveling up your characters and what is the weapon system like? Lately I've kind of started hating the trend of Warriors games where you get stuck playing characters you don't like because the story dictates it and then instead of upgrading the characters you do like from the ground up, you have to "buy" levels and end up creating a strong character out of nowhere. I actually like the process of picking a character, going through their independent story mode and watching them slowly unlock all their skills and get better and stronger at a nice even pace.

Does SW4 have indepentent stories for the characters, or does it do one of those group stories where you are given a choice of a few random characters and the next level another random group who magically have leveled up to whatever your highest level was from the last stage?

There's no growth points or anything like that in this game I believe. But leveling is super easy since you can get exp drop items that basically lets you level frequently.

Nope, SW4 goes by the 'kingdom' style like DW7 and DW8. Its one of the criticisms since these are pretty short like 4 or 5 stages or something. I also don't think there's any exp spilling either.

Weapon system is everyone's favorite random drops. It's pretty much the same like SW3's where you can get gems and crap where you can place or upgrade skills. The main problem is that every skill is now only on your weapons instead of weapons, armors and boots so you have another problem of having too many skills and not enough slots.

Here's a pretty good in-depth review for the game too.

----------------------------------------------------------

Also, since I didn't realize it's already almost mid October, the SW4 OT is gonna go up soon.

So! Taking all ideas for fun and/or self mocking OT title names.

Cause the only one I thought of was Samurai Warriors 4 |OT| Godspeed, Young Samurai which doesn't even work anymore since the Godspeed attacks are named Hyper Attacks now >_>

Hyperspeed, the only Hyper you'll want in your warriors games!

Tis a joke title at the expense of how crappy a port the Wii U got for WO3 X'D
Will think up a much better one later =P

With Samurai Warriors 4 coming out in NA tomorrow, I was wondering if anyone knew if there's going to be a digital ps4 version. I know it's not the most hyped release in the world, but I'd figured there'd be a pre-order and pre-load on psn, but if there is, I'm not seeing it. I could go get a physical copy if I have to, but I'd really prefer to keep my ps4 collection digital if possible. Actually, I've found a page for it on psn store, but no pre order or anything and the release date is 11-18?

With Samurai Warriors 4 coming out in NA tomorrow, I was wondering if anyone knew if there's going to be a digital ps4 version. I know it's not the most hyped release in the world, but I'd figured there'd be a pre-order and pre-load on psn, but if there is, I'm not seeing it. I could go get a physical copy if I have to, but I'd really prefer to keep my ps4 collection digital if possible. Actually, I've found a page for it on psn store, but no pre order or anything and the release date is 11-18?

There most definitely will be a PS4 digital version but most Musou games never had the ability to pre-order or pre-load I believe. So that date of 11-18 could just be psn being weird.

--------------------------------------------------------

Ok, unless someone comes up with something better, SW4's OT tag will probably be:

Samurai Warriors 4 |OT| Your existence offends me. Could you go away, please?

That OT went over my head lol, you're gonna have people asking you in OT =P

But use whichever subheading you like =D so looking forward to it, how I wish Europe did Tuesday releases as well ;__;

That OT went over my head lol, you're gonna have people asking you in OT =P

But use whichever subheading you like =D so looking forward to it, how I wish Europe did Tuesday releases as well ;__;

To be fair, I think any title I could have think of would involve someone asking.

I'll just include the image in the OT somewhere, lol

Per Famitsu, selected DW characters are getting an EX weapon change for DW8E.

Yueying gets the Bladebow (again)
Liu Shan gets the Dragon Column (lol)
Guan Suo gets the Sabaton
Wang Yi gets the Emei Piercers
Sun Quan gets the Flame Blade
Xiao Qiao gets the Paired Fans
Lian Shi gets the Mandarin Duck Hooks
Deng Ai gets the Revolving Crossbow
Meng Huo gets the Stele

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Wang Yuanji (throwing knives Barbie) wasn't the one that got changed, it was Wang Yi (trishula/giant sai-looking things) that got changed. Strange, though the new weapons certainly suit her fine. I wonder where the old weapons are going to go.

Wang Yuanji (throwing knives Barbie) wasn't the one that got changed, it was Wang Yi (trishula/giant sai-looking things) that got changed. Strange, though the new weapons certainly suit her fine. I wonder where the old weapons are going to go.

For DW8E, CAW only. Probably to new characters in DW9.

So does that mean her Musou is getting changed too?
I hated her Musou.

For Wang Yi, not so much. Really depends on how close or how weapon dependent the characters' musou and EX attacks were to warrant a change.

Like Sun Quan, Xiao Qiao and Wang Yi probably won't get much changes, but Liu Shan, Yueying and Lianshi will most definitely get new musous and EX attacks.

Wang Yi looks like the same musou... And I guess the bench suits Liu Shan more, wished Koei went with an idiotic son than the genius playing a fool...but guess nobody will wanna play him if he was XD

shaowebb

Official site updated with weapon changes.

So you can one shot images of Lianshi looking pretty awesome with the daggers and Liu Shan sitting around with a bench, lol

OMG Wang Yi gets the fucking Emei Piercers! Sooooooooooo fucking good. That should become a permanent thing for her. I understand the whole bladed Sai thing, but her only real skill was officer crushing with her powerful single hit musous. I'll admit she improved a lot in XL but hooooooooooooly shit is this a perfect choice for a replacement. Emei Piercers suit her perfectly.

Also I am so for Guan Suo getting the Kicking Grieves. Ling Tong was far better with the nunchucks and I never enjoyed Guan Suo's take on it. Here's hoping these are permanent for them.

Creaking

OMG Wang Yi gets the fucking Emei Piercers! Sooooooooooo fucking good. That should become a permanent thing for her. I understand the whole bladed Sai thing, but her only real skill was officer crushing with her powerful single hit musous. I'll admit she improved a lot in XL but hooooooooooooly shit is this a perfect choice for a replacement. Emei Piercers suit her perfectly.

Also I am so for Guan Suo getting the Kicking Grieves. Ling Tong was far better with the nunchucks and I never enjoyed Guan Suo's take on it. Here's hoping these are permanent for them.

Now Yi has to say "this feels great!" every time she stabs someone.

I'm assuming Ling Tong is keeping the three-section-staff as his EX weapon, which is just as well. The nunchaku haven't been the same since 5 & Orochi 1/2. They're way too off-kilter.

Wait why is Liu Shan fighting with a damn Table?
Oh my god ahah.

A weaponized bench. It's perfect because you can strike different poses with it by holding guard after each regular attack in your normal string. They also serve as counters, and will work every time if you have the "guard from behind" attribute on the weapon. It's perfect for the not-quite-what-he-seems theme they've got going for Shan.

Corsick

Hi all, I was thinking about buying an XB1 or PS4 soon with the coming bundles and such, but I had one problem. I'm not really sure how to predict what consoles Koei will be releasing their Warriors games on. For example, the new DW 8: Empires will be on XB1 but not PC, yet Samurai Warriors 4 will be on PS4 and not the XB1 or PC. Then you have Dynasty Warriors 8: XL coming out on PC. So I guess I'm at a crossroads as I do not want to have to own two consoles just yet for only one series. The safe bet is to assume PS4 will get them all, but is Koei likely to drop XB1 support if they've decided to port Empires 8 to it? I don't play all of the more niche Japanese games (I want to try Yakuza but it wont have a translation most likely regardless, might want Disgaea as well) but I like them enough to where I'd like the safety of knowing they'll be on the PS4 if I had one, yet I am getting more and more warm to the idea of playing Halo and Gears of War on the XB1. I currently do own a PS3, but I'm not sure how long Koei will support it. Any thoughts on what would make the most sense?

Creaking

Hi all, I was thinking about buying an XB1 or PS4 soon with the coming bundles and such, but I had one problem. I'm not really sure how to predict what consoles Koei will be releasing their Warriors games on. For example, the new DW 8: Empires will be on XB1 but not PC, yet Samurai Warriors 4 will be on PS4 and not the XB1 or PC. Then you have Dynasty Warriors 8: XL coming out on PC. So I guess I'm at a crossroads as I do not want to have to own two consoles just yet for only one series. The safe bet is to assume PS4 will get them all, but is Koei likely to drop XB1 support if they've decided to port Empires 8 to it? I don't play all of the more niche Japanese games (I want to try Yakuza but it wont have a translation most likely regardless, might want Disgaea as well) but I like them enough to where I'd like the safety of knowing they'll be on the PS4 if I had one, yet I am getting more and more warm to the idea of playing Halo and Gears of War on the XB1. I currently do own a PS3, but I'm not sure how long Koei will support it. Any thoughts on what would make the most sense?

Does sound like a tricky predicament, but if you're adamant about having a platform that has most if not all of the Warriors titles, history says that Koei likes PlayStation. I don't think that last-gen support will last for much longer either. Maybe we'll get a Dynasty Warriors 6 Special-like game, but I wouldn't bank on it.

NeonZ

he situation really isn't complicated if you think about it. All of the examples you mention there are getting PS4 releases. It's the only platform that basically gets all of Koei games (well, aside from Hyrule Warriors for obvious reasons).

Does sound like a tricky predicament, but if you're adamant about having a platform that has most if not all of the Warriors titles, history says that Koei likes PlayStation. I don't think that last-gen support will last for much longer either. Maybe we'll get a Dynasty Warriors 6 Special-like game, but I wouldn't bank on it.

I think the last gen support will continue for a while, considering the PS4's low sales in Japan and how that's the main market for most Musou series. The main issue is whether Koei will actually localize that last gen support. In the West, SW4 only got a digital release for last gen, after all. I could easily see the releases progressing in such a way that the last gen version of DW9 would only be released in Japan, for example.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I never played these until Hyrule Warriors, then I played 80 hours in 2 weeks. OOPS.

So anyway then I decide to play DW8XL on Steam which I had for months. The lack of lock on and dodging is highly disturbing initially (I would still like lock-on instead of always fighting the camera) but I adjust mostly.

I'm playing ambition mode and against officers I had a few times where they were charging a big move but I had them low enough on health to finish them before they got it out.

I come to a duel match and defeated like 20 officers so I'm feeling good then on some side road I come across this old guy. He's pretty sturdy but I beat him up a lot. He goes to his charge up a big move but his HP is real low so I think I can finish him like the others and I mean I'm at like 85% HP so it's gravy either way. Time is pressing so I gotta wrap this shit up.

He goes "You are a fool for underestimating me" then FUCKIN KILLS ME IN ONE POWERBOMB.

My jaw dropped and I instantly laughed. I was amazed and impressed. Never in my life has a CPU character so accurately talked smack before utterly pwning me. I felt like all the officers I had beaten prior who were like "hahaha! you got me!" That old bastard.

Creaking

I never played these until Hyrule Warriors, then I played 80 hours in 2 weeks. OOPS.

So anyway then I decide to play DW8XL on Steam which I had for months. The lack of lock on and dodging is highly disturbing initially (I would still like lock-on instead of always fighting the camera) but I adjust mostly.

I'm playing ambition mode and against officers I had a few times where they were charging a big move but I had them low enough on health to finish them before they got it out.

I come to a duel match and defeated like 20 officers so I'm feeling good then on some side road I come across this old guy. He's pretty sturdy but I beat him up a lot. He goes to his charge up a big move but his HP is real low so I think I can finish him like the others and I mean I'm at like 85% HP so it's gravy either way. Time is pressing so I gotta wrap this shit up.

He goes "You are a fool for underestimating me" then FUCKIN KILLS ME IN ONE POWERBOMB.

My jaw dropped and I instantly laughed. I was amazed and impressed. Never in my life has a CPU character so accurately talked smack before utterly pwning me. I felt like all the officers I had beaten prior who were like "hahaha! you got me!" That old bastard.

Sounds like you just got Huang Gai'd. Fear the boat. Fear the bombs.

Huang Gai is so underrated :( They've really got to give him a more dynamic personality.

527109.png
527110.png

527113.png
527111.png

527121.png
527122.png

527123.png
527124.png
http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2014/11/05/82256.html
Samurai Warriors anime announced, wonder if they'll be able to tell the full Sengoku history or go Sengoku Basara route and try to drag enough they'll get another season =P

shaowebb

From what another user mentioned, buried in the menu options should be a way to use Lock on. I might be confusing Orochi 3 Ultimate for a post I read in Dynasty 8 complete. I'll be right back to let you know if the option is there.

EDIT: Hmm...I found something called Targeting that is defaulted to "normal". I set it to "auto" and I didn't see any lock on. I pushed in the sticks, held block...nothing. None of the Dpad directions did any sort of officer lock on either. Was the lock on thing a DW8 deal or Orochi? What does targeting mean then?

EDIT: Just turned on DW 8 XL on PC and saw it also had targeting as on option to change. Turned it to auto and still found no difference. It also had something called moveset assistance or something...I turned it on and also saw no change. I'm stumped as to what these options did. Can anyone let me know what they are for and maybe shed some light on the targeting option I've heard of in Musou?

ShinMaruku

I want a Warriors orochi anime. Mix it up. It's totally Anime. But I do look forward to Yukimura and his groupie in a anime.

MegaPanda

From what another user mentioned, buried in the menu options should be a way to use Lock on. I might be confusing Orochi 3 Ultimate for a post I read in Dynasty 8 complete. I'll be right back to let you know if the option is there.

EDIT: Hmm...I found something called Targeting that is defaulted to "normal". I set it to "auto" and I didn't see any lock on. I pushed in the sticks, held block...nothing. None of the Dpad directions did any sort of officer lock on either. Was the lock on thing a DW8 deal or Orochi? What does targeting mean then?

EDIT: Just turned on DW 8 XL on PC and saw it also had targeting as on option to change. Turned it to auto and still found no difference. It also had something called moveset assistance or something...I turned it on and also saw no change. I'm stumped as to what these options did. Can anyone let me know what they are for and maybe shed some light on the targeting option I've heard of in Musou?

IIRC targeting in DW is more like an auto-aim assist. For example, imagine if you're juggling a single enemy. With targeting on (or auto, w.e), you can leave the sticks neutral and your character will orient his/herself to the juggled enemy so that the attacks connect. With it off, the character will instead move in the direction they're facing so you'll have to move the sticks around

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Auto targeting in DW8 on steam means if you aren't pressing the stick and push the guard button it will automatically face the nearest officer. It's an improvement on nothing, but still not nearly as good as lock-on. I haven't tested the juggling thing to see if it tracks on those, as I usually strategically choose directions for special moves.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
The Sengoku Musou Chronicles 3 demo is up on J-PSN and the J-eShop. The 3DS version has a pretty steady framerate with 3D off (noticeably worse with it on, which is disappointing on the N3DS), but looks pretty bad and is missing a lot of detail, from the flat stage layout to the missing close-up animations when doing musou attacks. The Vita version looks pretty much like Sengoku Musou 4 and the difference is like night and day when compared to the 3DS version.

The demo limits you to eight minutes of play time (and only three tries on 3DS- lol, what is the point?), so it's hard to get a feel for everything, but the game is pretty much a more strategy-oriented version of SM4, as expected. Switching and commanding characters is different, but apart from that the game play is the same. I think this is probably the version of the game that those disappointed with the more straight-out action version of SW4 will like.

The Sengoku Musou Chronicles 3 demo is up on J-PSN and the J-eShop. The 3DS version has a pretty steady framerate with 3D off (noticeably worse with it on, which is disappointing on the N3DS), but looks pretty bad and is missing a lot of detail, from the flat stage layout to the missing close-up animations when doing musou attacks. The Vita version looks pretty much like Sengoku Musou 4 and the difference is like night and day when compared to the 3DS version.

The demo limits you to eight minutes of play time (and only three tries on 3DS- lol, what is the point?), so it's hard to get a feel for everything, but the game is pretty much a more strategy-oriented version of SM4, as expected. Switching and commanding characters is different, but apart from that the game play is the same. I think this is probably the version of the game that those disappointed with the more straight-out action version of SW4 will like.
Doesn't the 3DS version of the demo give you Zelda costumes, but yeah the decision to limit it to 3 tries =S
Good news on Hyrule Warriors, bring on Fire Emblem musou!!! But doubt it'll come about until SMTXFE comes out...and that's gonna be a while XD
It has not been cancelled! I will gut anyone who says so, until an official source confirms it >=P.
Hope they'll release some of those mobile games in English across the sea...

First time I see those mobile games. Nobunaga with a gun and headset...yeah ok no need to keep track of mobile games yet. Maybe that's their planned western title.

I like how the report talks about the 30th anniversary of romance of the 3 kingdom and that they are planning a new title. I'd like another title like 10 but where it's not so easy to "break history" and then get 0 events. Would be cool if they put their "what if" scenarios to work.

They mention new IPs but I have a feeling that just means more musou in another setting. The company is very risk averse and unfortunately that seems to be working for them.

Dantis

Hey guys, I just got Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate, and I am shiiiiiiiiiit at it.

On mission 3 it keeps telling me that someone or other has died and I've failed the mission. I went back an redid mission 1 to level up one of the characters I got, and right at the end it happened again there. How do I know who I'm supposed to protect? Am I literally meant to run across the map every time it says "'X' is in trouble!"? Is the game actually just one big escort mission? I just wanted to play as Kasumi and Hayabusa and smash some buttons. :(

ZhugeEX

Banned
First time I see those mobile games. Nobunaga with a gun and headset...yeah ok no need to keep track of mobile games yet. Maybe that's their planned western title.

I like how the report talks about the 30th anniversary of romance of the 3 kingdom and that they are planning a new title. I'd like another title like 10 but where it's not so easy to "break history" and then get 0 events. Would be cool if they put their "what if" scenarios to work.

They mention new IPs but I have a feeling that just means more musou in another setting. The company is very risk averse and unfortunately that seems to be working for them.

No, that's Nobunaga’s Ambition 201X, it is a role playing game where monsters, onmyoji, and historical figures have been resurrected in today’s world. It's basically Nobunaga' Ambition set in the future. and is going to be released on iOS, Android and PC. It will release in Japan before the end of the year and there is little to no chance of it coming to the west.

Sorry to disappoint but that's not the western collab Koei talked about. Also, the CEO said that we may not even see this western collab title until 2015/2016 because it's still in early planning stages.

The other mobile games are Sangokushi Legion and Guruguru Dugenon Nobunyaga. In that last game it's basically an RPG set in sengoku period where everyone is a cat.... Sadly it won't be localised haha!

30th Anniversary game and media for Romance of the Three Kingdoms should be launching in 2015. But apart from that there is no information.

And New IP always means new musou haha. But hopefully we get something good.

ShinMaruku

Some missions you have to do a redux to save certain characters.
The game is not really a escort mission. You have have to know the flow of the battle so they don't die when they are swarmed.

shaowebb

Went back to playing more Orochi 3 Ultimate this week as a break from all the Zelda. Soooooo good to come back to this game. I ended up getting some really great time in with Nemea and he is now a one shot destroyer of worlds. Absolutely everything is cancelling into aerial R1 one shot kills.

Just now bothering to move on past ch 4 in the story so I'm starting to see the new game's worth of story they added come into play. Can't wait to go through the Kitsune stuff. Real star of this game though is Gauntlet mode. Holy crap is it a world changer. So much to enjoy in that beast of a mode. Team building takes on entirely different strategies and the way you play is based on strategically holding the line and penetrating the enemy's areas without allowing yourself to be overwhelmed by an insurmountable army. So good.

Gonna have to go in harder on the new Duel mode sometime...all these cards for assists and tactics has me curious on it. Is there no ladder mode for it like in fighting games though? All I see is one match then back to the select screen.

ShinMaruku

Gauntlet Mode is such a great mode. I had set up my party to have Ina so I can have her arrows giving me coverage and I chain up my Musou to just clear out several hundred guys at a time.

Looking pretty nice (and for some reason, really reminding me of DW5).

What's with the Sima Yi segment in the vid? Just showing off his new voiceset?

Looking pretty nice (and for some reason, really reminding me of DW5).

What's with the Sima Yi segment in the vid? Just showing off his new voiceset?

Yes, he has a new voice actor since his last one passed away. I guess they couldn't get away with just using his old voice clips like in DW8XL anymore.

Hystzen

I noticed Samurai Warriors 4 PS4 is cheap now here in UK before I jump in what exactly is 4-II and will it be released in UK. Is it like DW8-XL for ps4 a complete set or something new

sensui-tomo

I noticed Samurai Warriors 4 PS4 is cheap now here in UK before I jump in what exactly is 4-II and will it be released in UK. Is it like DW8-XL for ps4 a complete set or something new

From what i've been led to believe SW4-2 is basically more content added for SW4( aka more missions and the new character) There is no info if(really more like when) it'll come out to the west. How cheap did you find SW4 for.. if you've found it for under 30 i'd say its not a bad buy.(i dont know what most games cost in the uk, if i found SW4 for under $30 it'd be a cheap price.)

It's £30 for the Anime Edition on Amazon UK that's a good price.

And this is the 4-II details from KoeiWarriors:
戦国無双4 - II
Sengoku Musou 4 - II

Created by: KOEI
Console: PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita & Playstation 4
Release Date: 11 February 2015 [JP]

New Characters
akbBH5j.png

井伊直政 Ii Naomasa (Seiyuu: Konishi Katsuyuki, aka Maeda Toshiie)
Weapon: Longspear
Description:
Naomasa has inherited his foster mother's kindness and strength. He seeks to courageously do good, a hero hoping to shoulder the burden of the next generation. He views Toyohisa as a worthy rival and opponent.

Skills
Characters can use "strategy books" to learn various skills.

Skills may require you to have learned other skills and to be of a certain level. The layout of skills is different for each character, so the order in which you learn skills differs between characters.

Weapons
For a particular weapon rank, the [max] level is fixed. By combining weapons, level will increase and abilities will grow.

Also, by combining weapons with the same attributes it's possible to break limits, which increases the maximum level and might add new abilities. It's more likely that you'll break limits if you use weapon with high rank and level in synthesis.

Horses
Like with weapons, a horse's [max] level is fixed by its rank, and combining them will make them stronger.

By combining the same kind of horse, you can break limits, which increases max level and might adding new abilities.

Under the modes tab,

Infinite Castle (Main Building)
Take one character through an unending series of stages. Challenge yourself to go as deep into the castle as possible while collecting weapons and horses. Depending on your life and the time limit, decide whether to press on or to turn back.

Missions
Each floor you must complete a mission to advance.
As you reach higher floors, be on the watch for stronger enemies. Defeating them will gift the player with better rewards.

Rewards (Spoils of War)
Obtained weapons and horses can be kept by choosing to exit the castle.
Going deeper into the castle results in better rewards, however there is a limit to the number of rewards that you can take with you.
Choosing when to leave due to a lack of life or time is important.

Arrival Rewards
By reaching a certain floor, you will obtain benefits for the next time you enter the infinite castle.
By continuously playing you will obtain advantages that make it fun to come back for more.

Infinite Castle (Annex)
A brand new challenge mode.
Challenge high scores by playing for a short time with special rules.

Brave Warrior Room
A mode where you defeat as many soldiers as possible within the time limit.
Effectively use a combination of normal, charge, and godspeed attacks to efficiently defeat many enemies.

Gold room
A mode where you collect as much gold as possible within the time limit.
By achieving a number of points, enter a state where hitting enemies generates gold.

[Not 100% on the first half of that last sentence]

Gale Room
A mode where you defeat standard bearers, while racing to the finish line.
Surpass obstacles such as shield soldiers and archers and defeat the standard bearers who have been placed as checkpoints.

Verge of Death Room
A very hard mode. Clear Brave Warrior Room, Gold Room, and Gale Room with a certain score to unlock.
One hit from the enemy is enough to defeat you, which creates a feeling of tension. How many enemies can you defeat within the time limit?

Create New Officers
Edit mode is back due to popularity.
You can enjoy your original officers in free mode and in infinite castle mode.
[note: no mention of chronicle mode, so I'm starting to doubt it's included. I didn't see anywhere on the site that says this definitively, but then I really only skimmed other sections, so I may have missed something]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/single/?p=9904037&t=7108052

shaowebb

oooooooooh baby those new movesets look great. Guan Suo and Lianshi reaaaaaaaally needed something new and they came out awesome. Wang Yi took the Emei Piercers, made them more visceral with stabbing stuff, and gained a ton of area effect and speed to her play while still keeping at least one really hard hitting single person targetable musou. This is good because she DESTROYED officers but couldn't handle much else. Perfect for her.

Deng Ai and Liu Shan had me worried but Deng Ai seems to have mixed his lance stuff into the repeating crossbow stuff and still grapples and Liu Shan looks absolutely stupid so its perfect for both! Loving all the chillin like a boss moments from Liu Shan and the bench.

Happy all around here. This will likely be the first Empires edition I buy.

bobohoro

Should I? I don't even have a PS4, and likely won't get one for another few weeks, but I'm quite tempted by this. But it will likely drop even lower in the coming months. Is the soundtrack-CD any good or just a really small sampler?

Top Bottom