• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 2 box art and details

Vex_

Banned
*rolls eyes*

There is nothing wrong with what they are wearing. It simply fits the motif they are going for. The only thing that makes it look "tryhard" is the bandanna over their mouths. The rest of the outfit (its just a fucking coat and jeans people) is something that can be worn as normal.

Dont see why there are so many people saying they look like douches. I really hope you all dont judge people like that irl. pls.

Eradicate

Oh hey it's C-3P0

LOL!!!

g7EvulY.png

*rolls eyes*

There is nothing wrong with what they are wearing. It simply fits the motif they are going for. The only thing that makes it look "tryhard" is the bandanna over their mouths. The rest of the outfit (its just a fucking coat and jeans people) is something that can be worn as normal.

Dont see why there are so many people saying they look like douches. I really hope you all dont judge people like that irl. pls.
I already assumed my age was pretty young for this site. Now im thinking thats a major understatement judging from the reactions here. Theres nothing "Edgey" (Ugh) about what they have its pretty damn normal

platocplx

I already assumed my age was pretty young for this site. Now im thinking thats a major understatement judging from the reactions here. Theres nothing "Edgey" (Ugh) about what they have its pretty damn normal

right there is nothing wrong with what they have on. lol. starting to think certain people really dont interact with many people outside of their own microcosm to get that yes there are people that dress that way.

I think calling someone hipster is a very blanket statement some people use to describe someone who dresses differently than themselves.

I would not call the characters in the game hipsters, I thought that hipsters are suppose to have a more throwback look, having old-timey haircuts or facial hair. Riding fixed gear bikes and drinking PBR???

I would describe the Watchdog 2 characters as "Trendy".

I have never seen people look like these characters in real life.

I could walk into the city center of where I live and see multiple people dressed as those characters are (without the bandanas tied round their face of course). What they are wearing is nothing out of the ordinary.

BlizzKrut

Banned
right there is nothing wrong with what they have on. lol. starting to think certain people really dont interact with many people outside of their own microcosm to get that yes there are people that dress that way.

Yeah, no one wears jeans and jackets outside.
The only thing that you don't see outside is the bandana.

It's an action game in a heightened San Francisco centred around vigilantes with hacker superpowers... do we really need Fashion GAF up in here to discuss the 'realism' of the styling?

I'm happy the industry is moving away from dreary visuals and embracing colour and goofiness again.

It's an action game in a heightened San Francisco centred around vigilantes with hacker superpowers... do we really need Fashion GAF up in here to discuss the 'realism' of the styling?

I'm happy the industry is moving away from dreary visuals and embracing colour and goofiness again.

Needs more fedoras!

I'll keep an open mind because I didn't hate the first game and it had some interesting ideas.

To be honest I wasn't interested until I saw that Aiden was not returning because he was a pretty generic character.

Vex_

Banned
You mean the mask is the most normal part?

You cant be serious. Have you played WD1? Like, AT ALL? Aiden had the same type of mask on the lower half of his face.

hint:
They dont wear the masks all the time. Only when incognito. They are probably wearing them now in the promotional art because they dont want to spoil who they are yet. Particularly, the main character.

Mechazawa

Honestly, the protagonist looks fine, but then Ubisoft kicked it into Maximum Overdrive with those fucking side characters.

Ploid 3.0

I really like it all, and I really hope it's fun to do random things. That will be the important part.

Please be fun, please be fun, please be fun.

OVDRobo

Nope. I'm out.

I was considering this game even given how bad the first one was because of the potential that was there, but every single character shown so far looks like a complete asshole.

The trailer has a couple of cool bits out of context, but if it's anything like the first game, they'll have come up with a few neat, unrealised ideas that will then be driven into the ground to pad gameplay hours.

Hopefully the game's good for those still interested, but to me, it's apparent that Ubisoft have been pumping out shallow copy + paste open world garbage for years now on the AAA front.

DZ_b_EZ

Like I said in another thread, we now have three big games launching this year with Black guys on the cover:

Battlefield 1
Watch Dogs 2
Mafia 3

It's pretty cool to see......even though they all have guns in their hands but I'll overlook it. Next I hope we get a Indian guy in a futuristic cyberpunk game.

Davide

I was considering this game even given how bad the first one was because of the potential that was there, but every single character shown so far looks like a complete asshole.
This, the newest Infamous was near-unplayable to me with how obnoxious and how overly-edgy they tried to make the characters, and this looks worse. It's the entire feel of the trailer that does it. Just not for me. And I'm a twenty year old living half the time in a big city (Toronto).

Shikoba

kuYtSIY.jpg

I have never seen anyone who dresses like this.

But I do live in Canada. :p

Looks like a "crust punk". Heck I used to dress like this back in High school and early college when I went to punk shows in town. It's not uncommon in various punk/hardcore/metal/anarcho scenes. The hipster/emo/goth/punk looks all kind of converged at hardcore shows and was a lot of fun. Here is an old ass image of my own studded denim vest:
uBPMXxt.jpg

AmyS

The characters, 'hacker culture' music are so incredibly fucking annoying.

The video seems to be all talk and promise, little substance. Sure the rendering of SF looks great and all but if it plays anything like the original... No thank you.

Top Bottom