• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs - New Gameplay Footage

MavFan619

Banned
For being a cross gen title its impressive especially as it looks as good as infamous ss.
Looks fun and looks like it has a lot of varied stuff to do, looks as good visually as Infamous it does not in my opinion. Either way these previews have me hyped. I also think it looks pretty good visually especially for cross gen.

Herne

I'm worried about the hacking element. Seems like it's just press x to awesome, similar to Ryse's QTEs which were a huge component of the game.

Yeah, that is a worry. Gametrailer's previews though said hacking was a fun element in the game, so here's hoping.

Bl9um5SCUAAp9cQ.jpg:orig

lookin good, lookin real good :)

for some reason this image got me a bit more hyped than all the footage released today. how the fuck does that work >_>

I will probably spend hours just instigating police chases and mucking about with the traffic and road lights. I like how the game is really dark at night. The lighting shines in these moments.

LoveCake

http://www.slashgear.com/watch-dogs-gameplay-first-impressions-hands-on-eyes-off-23326250/

How in the hell does this make any sense at all? The DS4 doesn't have native support or drivers for PC, so why would Ubisoft waste a bunch of time developing a UI for the PC version that includes graphics for DS4 button prompts?

It says in the article that it's the PS4 Dev-Kit that the footage is taken from;

Watch Dogs Creative Director Jonathan Morin has commented on the footage we’re using here, suggesting the following: "For everyone asking for the online video of #WatchDogs - Yes it was captured on a PS4 devkit (same pipeline as the others) cheers!"

Lets see footage from the game running on each system, a trailer with in-game footage for each console & min spec PC & recommended PC spec, otherwise there will be a lot of angry PS4/X1 owners come release day.

The game does look good from the videos, but what is the legal interpretation of them showing something that when you buy it it's not as described ?

It says in the article that it's the PS4 Dev-Kit that the footage is taken from;

Watch Dogs Creative Director Jonathan Morin has commented on the footage we’re using here, suggesting the following: "For everyone asking for the online video of #WatchDogs - Yes it was captured on a PS4 devkit (same pipeline as the others) cheers!"

Lets see footage from the game running on each system, a trailer with in-game footage for each console & min spec PC & recommended PC spec, otherwise there will be a lot of angry PS4/X1 owners come release day.

The game does look good from the videos, but what is the legal interpretation of them showing something that when you buy it it's not as described ?

They're not going to show anything other then the PC/PS4 version until release. It would be incredibly stupid to show the worse version of the game, when you're trying to sell people on the experience.

thenexus6

Not sure about player vs mobile devices - pretty sure people will just rage quit on their phones.

That last player vs player mode looked like fun

kriskrosbbk

They're not going to show anything other then the PC/PS4 version until release. It would be incredibly stupid to show the worse version of the game, when you're trying to sell people on the experience.

Are you still not aware that is an ongoing SONY campaign for this one.
All the footage we have seen so far is from the PS4.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
What's frustrating me is why didn't they show allot of this footage before. To me it's looking much better. My PC pre-order was cancelled because of the earlier "naff" footage :(

It looks like l could order the key for £20 but it's using uPlay, which i'm not familiar with.

That's exactly what he's saying. He meant there is no Xbox footage at all because 1) its not the best looking 2) Sony has exclusive marketing rights.

I said PC/PS4 because the PC version was at the most recent event - so it's not being hidden away like the XB1 and last-gen versions. But you are correct. All of, that we know of, the consumer facing footage is from PS4.

ryanofcall

Hmmm not sure about the Multiplayer stuff. Chasing with the Helicopter looks fun (It's kind of like the Multiplayer in Zombi U, except you could control Zombies there... ZOMBIES!), hacking other players might be fun, not sure about the capture the fla-..err..data stuff though - it looks a bit generic imo.
Are we expecting more multiplayer modes?

Kssio_Aug

i hope the length is true, someone from ubi said he finished the story at 30% and played 50hrs

I dont really believe that. But I am not even sure if that would be good. Long games are good as long as they can keep the player interested from the start to the end. 50hrs seems a lot to finish an Action game campaing and not feel repetitive.

But like I said, I dont believe that informafion. I guess the campaing may be about 15-20hrs if that much (what would be good imo).

ekim

- Still working on resolution - 1080p not confirmed here.
- you can kill NPCs
- 25-30 hours for main story, doing everything is >100 hours
- playing good or evil doesn't change story but the simulation
- ~70 vehicles
- you can buy cars but not customize
- Different hideouts - resets wanted system and you can choose the time of day

edit: I misheard something.

- you can kill NPCs
- ~70 vehicles
- There will be no free roam MP

No free roam MP? Fuck! That is sad news indeed.

R_Deckard

Look I made a complete objective and factual statement. The sun and the contrast in those video are different from what you see in all of the 2012 Reveal and onwards.

I mean gosh can't you see the obvious different in the elements. The wind, the sun, the contrast, the overall flatness of the lightening, the lack of explosion.

Did you see the clip of the grenade? you call that an explosion. Jesus wake the fuck up. stop attacking me and actually acknowledge the shit storm ubisoft created.

If you can't handle your precious lil game taking constructive criticism then leave me alone.
http://a.pomf.se/yqflpa.webm

http://a.pomf.se/faufuj.webm

http://a.pomf.se/ocsvir.webm

I can put paid that this game and the Daytime lighting you are franticly crying on about whim-sickly will be fine in the final game and you will look like the obsessed WD hate Crusader you are... Serious question now all jokes aside...WHY do you hate this game so much and yet are still buying it?

R_Deckard

No I am not.

Yeah it looks great...but it does not LOOK as great as SS but then it is handling a shed load more that SS to boot and is not made specificly to the benefits of said machine, the engine is scaling 5 platforms across Gen..they have done a superb job!

Oh right, right - I'm dumb, brain fart on the clock speed business.

Devil's advocate: couldn't a dev kit be modified JUST for these videos, to make them look just that tiny bit better than they'll actually look on the PS4?

It wouldn't be smart - not for hyper-analytic crowds like this one - that's for sure.

A dev kit is just a PS4 (or X1,360 etc etc) in a larger system with plug in options and the ability to run software without licence and capture video...the innards and process are 100% the SAME as intended platform, otherwise work on your own platform and convert. It defeats the object of it!

I just realized... the protag from Watch Dogs is what my grandparents visualize when they hear the term "Cyber Terrorist"

(edit) Copious amounts of shakey cam and motion blur... Well looks like I won't be playing this game (was getting motion sick just watching the vid).

SJRB

Gold Member
- you can kill NPCs
- ~70 vehicles
- There will be no free roam MP

Your summary is slightly wrong: there definately is free-roam multiplayer, but it's not mission-based or restricting players to certain rules or guidelines.

riflen

The game releases in just one month and their still working on resolution? That doesn't sound very good.

This happens all the time in modern game development on consoles. Optimisation has to occur at the end of the development cycle.
The game has probably gone gold or is about to any day now. The team will continue to optimise things after that date because the game can be patched relatively easily. There can be considerable consequences to missing the ship date, so they will probably ship, then patch shortly thereafter.

R_Deckard

This happens all the time in modern game development on consoles. Optimisation has to occur at the end of the development cycle.
The game has probably gone gold or is about to any day now. The team will continue to optimise things after that date because the game can be patched relatively easily. There can be considerable consequences to missing the ship date, so they will probably ship, then patch shortly thereafter.

This.

Nzyme32

1080p not confirmed? The fuck?

This shouldn't be surprising and actually explains some of the comments of resolution and aa issues. They are probably just gauging reaction to finalise resolution frame rate and what compromises may be needed to IQ. There is no better place to do that than a showing such as the one they just had. That's probably also why there were more ps4s there as well as only a few PCs. This is common

This shouldn't be surprising and actually explains some of the comments of resolution and aa issues. They are probably just gauging reaction to finalise resolution frame rate and what compromises may be needed to IQ. There is no better place to do that than a showing such as the one they just had. That's probably also why there were more ps4s there as well as only a few PCs. This is common

If they can't match the resolution and frame rate of AC4(PS4) I will no longer defend this game

RulkezX

Oh right, right - I'm dumb, brain fart on the clock speed business.

Devil's advocate: couldn't a dev kit be modified JUST for these videos, to make them look just that tiny bit better than they'll actually look on the PS4?

It wouldn't be smart - not for hyper-analytic crowds like this one - that's for sure.

Jesus , you were really trying to justify your original articles "omgd00m" narrative.

WD2 won't be a cross gen title so it would probably be significantly better looking

Why would it though if they are already struggling to hit 1080p/30fps ?. I really hope we don't go back to 22fps in open World games like GTA, AC ect just so they can add slightly better textures...

Why would it though if they are already struggling to hit 1080p/30fps ?. I really hope we don't go back to 22fps in open World games like GTA, AC ect just so they can add slightly better textures...

There is a big difference between buidling a game with Ps3 and Xbox360 in mind and building a game with only Ps4, XboxOne and PC in mind.

NextGen only titles this fall will show a huge leap over crossgen titles.

because the 360/PS3 engine most likely wasn't optimized for PS4/X1. Also understand that working on so many platforms at once is only taking away from further optimization from the newer hardware

and I agree that I really hope this isn't sub 30FPS, because after infamous SS and AC4 (PS4), I can't go back to anything less then a locked 30FPS

Top Bottom