• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs - New Gameplay Footage

KORNdoggy

Do the cars have any sort of damage modelling? Outside of fully exploding or a few bullet holes, they don't seem to show any damage.

R_Deckard

In lighter news I see that bladders finally got caught in the watchdog cross-fire!!!!

Where ever he is, I am sure he is hating and raging! And fighting the good fight one downgrade at a time!

But still going to buy the game!! I nearly p*ssed myself :)

Ploid 3.0

Been avoiding videos of the recent stuff since I kinda stopped being interested in the game, but watched Angry Joe's interview... now I'm interested in the game again, maybe just because of the world invading. Maybe this could be what GTA O could have without the horrible side of f2p features/walls/grinds.

Hollow

Of course they do. Haven't you seen the E3 2012 demo?

After recently re-watching that footage, the damage modelling was pretty bare-bones then as well.

Other than some dented metal and broken windshields there wasn't any real damage in that traffic pile-up.

Ryoohki360

Neo Member
From the Youtube video you can see it's not always 30fps.. and it's upscaled a little i'd say 900p. Even gamersyde said that was 'hovering' at around 30 Fps.. so hover is an avg. There's always the factor that the game roots are still 32bits, old gen console so..

From the Youtube video you can see it's not always 30fps.. and it's upscaled a little i'd say 900p. Even gamersyde said that was 'hovering' at around 30 Fps.. so hover is an avg. There's always the factor that the game roots are still 32bits, old gen console so..
32-bits? A Sega Saturn would melt running this yo

Blimblim

The Inside Track

While the version I played wasn't perfectly locked to 30 fps, I feel the footage Ubisoft sent us shows more noticeable framedrops than what I saw during the preview event. Might be an artifact of the decimation process used to convert the captured video from 60 fps (which is why the console is outputting no matter the actual game framerate) to a 30 fps quicktime file.

kriskrosbbk

While the version I played wasn't perfectly locked to 30 fps, I feel the footage Ubisoft sent us shows more noticeable framedrops than what I saw during the preview event. Might be an artifact of the decimation process used to convert the captured video from 60 fps (which is why the console is outputting no matter the actual game framerate) to a 30 fps quicktime file.

Those few seconds of off-screen footage look really smooth even though a lot is going on on the screen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wkw39b0N_zY&list=UUsgv2QHkT2ljEixyulzOnUQ#t=697

This is form the French event, right Blim?

Finalow

wow the multiplayer, so original, how did they get such a clever idea.

"you're being invaded"

right, now they're just missing the "you died" screen.

viveks86

Found these cool comparison shots

watch-dogs-chicago-city-comparison-screenshot.png

http://www.gamepur.com/news/14398-watch-dogs-vs-google-map-chicago-city-comparison-screen-almost-identical-am.html

sunnz

Pre ordered from GMG for £32

Then realised I could get it from G2A for £19.
Hoping GMG refund and cancel my pre order quickly, kinda wish they did what GAME and amazon do ( charge you when it's released)

kriskrosbbk

Did not find it posted.Some multiplayer details regarding the four modes we will have:

Intrusion

“Belanger describes this as a ‘techno high-and-seek where you need to steal data from your opponent and get away. He can actually stop you if he finds you with the profiler.’”

Decryption

“Those who want a highly competitive team-based throwdown will find it with this four-against-four PvP mode. It’s fast, it’s intense, and it’s fully integrated into the open-world Chicago.”

Tailing

“If you enter someone’s game, you can follow and observe him. The goal is to gain valuable information before escaping. As Belanger explains, both the tailing and intrusion gameplay are built to ‘create a neutral-positive dynamic between two players that’s in the universe of Watch Dogs. If someone comes into your game just to kill you, it’s not fun.’”

Racing

“As straightforward as it sounds. Players can use different cars and race on different tracks, all set within the game’s world.”

http://mp1st.com/2014/04/25/ubisoft...atch-dogs-multiplayer-new-guide/#.U1vJdfmSxG0

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Hoping GMG refund and cancel my pre order quickly, kinda wish they did what GAME and amazon do ( charge you when it's released)

On PC?

DOWN

Banned
Funny how they hid all the button prompts in the multiplayer footage to make platform uncertain, but then the tip that pops up on the second player's footage clearly shows "Press O" and then a D-pad, which let us all know it is PS4.

Looks enjoyable, just not stunningly pretty.

I love that multiplayer is not distinct from single-player, so you are always Aiden and it is just like invading someone else's game through hacking when you want multiplayer.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Funny how they hid all the button prompts in the multiplayer footage to make platform uncertain, but then the tip that pops up on the second player's footage clearly shows "Press O" and then a D-pad, which let us all know it is PS4.

Looks enjoyable, just not stunningly pretty.

I love that multiplayer is not distinct from single-player, so you are always Aiden and it is just like invading someone else's game through hacking when you want multiplayer.
Me too. If multi was a completely separate mode I probably wouldn't even touch it, but all the details so far got me interested in the multiplayer aspects.

jwtsonga

hi gaffers, please help!
Should I get this game for ps3 or pc?? I have a feeling my 4 year old laptop will really struggle to even open the game so I am leaning towards the ps3 version.

Specs:
core i3 330M
ATI Mobility HD 5650
only 4GB RAM :-(

dolabla

Any word if they're gonna have radio stations and what type of radio stations? If so, I hope there's a classic rock station.

Trace

Banned
hi gaffers, please help!
Should I get this game for ps3 or pc?? I have a feeling my 4 year old laptop will really struggle to even open the game so I am leaning towards the ps3 version.

Specs:
core i3 330M
ATI Mobility HD 5650

Neither is ideal, but I'd say ps3 version.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
hi gaffers, please help!

Specs:
core i3 330M
ATI Mobility HD 5650

PS3.

jwtsonga

Thanks for your help. I'll get the ps3 version. Then in a year or so I will do the $10 upgrade deal, when I have a ps4 console!!

Tagg9

Thanks for your help. I'll get the ps3 version. Then in a year or so I will do the $10 upgrade deal, when I have a ps4 console!!

I don't believe they're doing the upgrade thing for Watch_Dogs. It only made sense for games last fall because the next-gen consoles weren't out when the games were released.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
I don't believe they're doing the upgrade thing for Watch_Dogs. It only made sense for games last fall because the next-gen consoles weren't out when the games were released.

Yes, but in a year I'm pretty sure you'll be able to get this for less than 20 bucks. Sell PS3 copy for another 10 bucks and you can get a decent deal.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Be aware that G2A deals in resold retail keys as opposed to receiving keys from publishers directly. What this means is that there's nothing preventing the seller from later screwing you over by submitting a duplicate key support ticket and having the game revoked from your account; you're left without recourse because G2A isn't officially affiliated with Ubisoft.

Ellite25

I'm not going to be tricked into buying this game. AC and GTA games get boring as fuck to me with their open worlds yet I still but them. I won't be fooled again!

fasTRapid

Banned
Any word if they're gonna have radio stations and what type of radio stations? If so, I hope there's a classic rock station.
There'll be a 'Spotify' app on your ingame phone, so you'll be able to listen to music on foot. No word on the available songs yet, though.

Top Bottom