• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch out for Heavy Rain spoilers on cellphones!

Versatil said:
Ok, I got some news from my friend.

First, the text message was sent from USA.

Second, she and I live in Montreal, Canada.

Me, I got a private number.

WTF?

EDIT:
Another friend texted me for the same reason :lol .

Most likely a web text message. IT IS HER! SPOILER ALERT:
FHUTA while singing "Ole, Ole Ole Ole!"

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
Dead Man Typing said:
The Halo 3 spoilers were funny because a lot of people didn't sit through the end credits and watch the final scene and thought they were spoiling the game for others, when they weren't. Bungie were smart by making it so if you skipped the credits then you missed the last scene too.
dude i thought mc was you know dead for about 5 month [did not wait till end of credit] till a freind told otherwise

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
damnit, I got drive-by-spoiled by some kids

2weevsk.png

.....ngghhh..not gonna......make it......

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
brandonh83 said:
Unfortunately, that's not a grave enough threat to some people. I might have to just get offline altogether until I beat it :lol

Sure, it's not going to put some people off. But it's worth pointing out anyway. :D

Replicant

badcrumble said:
Any particular reason why people are being such douchebags about this game in particular?

PS3 exclusive which relies heavily on storyline. And thank the mods for perma-ban on GAF if they pull that shit here.

Baki

What the hell. Why is everyone trying so hard to spoil this game!

daxter01 said:
dude i thought mc was you know dead for about 5 month [did not wait till end of credit] till a freind told otherwise

Fuck! Master Chief isn't dead. Damn...I should've waited for the credits to roll!

Chinner

Banned
someone ruined the ending for me....

...i feel lost. i no longer have any reason to stay in this world. before, heavy rain gave me guidance, a reason to live. but this is no longer the case; the path i follow has been shown and the lessons i would learn are void. i was hoping heavy rain would teach me to become a better person; i was going to learn to how to communicate with people using it, but now....i'm just apathetic...

Versatil

Vik_Vaughn said:
There is not a person that knows my cell phone number that has any idea what Heavy Rain even is. I think I'm safe.
I think we are facing a fashion effect, even from those who does not know this videogame or does not care about it, because it's kinda cool and funny for them to see a totally story-centric game being spoiled.

Ploid 3.0

Going on internet blackout. Read the OP and a few posts under, and I should be getting the game today. I'm only going to play White Knight Chronicles with 2 people that I static with until I beat heavy rain. Things just got real.

Hope I get the good ending the first play. Heck how long will it take me to be fully spoiler free on this game?

SmokyDave

Segata Sanshiro said:
Umm, yep. Also: Star Wars: Episode I, The Sixth Sense, Matrix Revolutions, and for book buffs, Harry Potter: The Half-Blood Prince (hell you had people driving through the street yelling out at lineups to spoil that one), the Wheel of Time, Twilight, and for TV buffs, the last episode of the Sopranos, random Lost spoilers, and for game buffs, Halo 3, Metal Gear Solid 4, Chrono Cross, and others.

Basically, if it's popular and has a twist, or it's just really popular and has no twist, it's going to get spoiled by internet dicks.
The bolded would probably result in me biting out the spoilers tongue 'Billy Hayes' style.

Chinner said:

...i feel lost. i no longer have any reason to stay in this world. before, heavy rain gave me guidance, a reason to live. but this is no longer the case; the path i follow has been shown and the lessons i would learn are void. i was hoping heavy rain would teach me to become a better person; i was going to learn to how to communicate with people using it, but now....i'm just apathetic...
Aaah. Cheer up, Duck. I'll mail you pictures of my reaction to the ending and you can live vicariously through me.

Versatil

Chinner said:

Do you need any help?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
That stupid Killzone 3 rumor news link, big effing spoilers in the very first comment.

Oh internets ..:lol

Replicant

This is WHY publisher should attempt to do simultaneous worldwide release for this kind of game/book/movie. It's just not going to work otherwise. There are too many smart-asses and douchebags wanting to ruin someone else's fun.

I'm leaving right now to pick up the game and I'm half expecting someone to try and spoil me when I get out the door. If they do, I'll pop them in the stomach and post it on youtube.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Replicant said:
PS3 exclusive which relies heavily on storyline. And thank the mods for perma-ban on GAF if they pull that shit here.
This.

I remember the same happening to MGS4.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Random tangent: You know what else is becoming annoying? Ads with embedded sound on GAF. I'm totally cool with ads supporting the site...but not with audio.

I just heard an "eharmony" ad, for instance, which I suppose makes sense for a gaming forum, but it IS definitely irritating when it plays at a louder volume than everything else.

This, of course, recalls the redneck ads back in 2001 or something with the whole "HEY, HEY YOU" audio sample or whatever.

Versatil

My best friend just called me.
He checked in is letterbox, opened the letters. Then, one of these attracts his attention. He opened it, and he read:

«The Heavy Rain Origami killer is [the killer name]»

O_O

Zilch

Banned
Versatil said:
He checked in is letterbox, opened the letters. Then, one of these attracts his attention. He opened it, and he read:

O_O

That sounds more like viral marketing than some loosely organized 4chan thing.

Versatil said:

O_O

:lol That is funny as hell. Who the fuck spoils people by mail?

Zilch

Banned
Does this game have a really incredible, original twist or something?

Until videogame stories are written by real authors with talent, I'd have a hard time caring about having a game's ending spoiled.

iceatcs said:
You shouldn't gave your number to gamer friend!
Everyone know gamer are very risk and can lead to worse.

gamer are so stalker.
:lol I think I'm going to send you a friend request on XBL just so I can hear what you sound like over a headset.

Dogenzaka

Banned
Zilch said:
Does this game have a really incredible, original twist or something?

Until videogame stories are written by real authors with talent, I'd have a hard time caring about having a game's ending spoiled.

Doubt it, but I'm not sure.

I haven't seen a good plot twist in anything since the first Saw movie.

123rl

Some prick spoiled it for me with a comment on Engadget. I'd pressed END to go to the bottom of the page to take the link to another site and it was the last comment on the page. Tossers!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
TheKevinButler twitter spoiled the ending. lol. Well probably a joke since it's ridiculous if it were true.

SmokyDave said:
What's the point in this post? I'm not going to click it but I assume you just linked to the spoiler?
It was Tom Green screaming out 4CHAAAAAAAAAAAN. Couldn't find the gif so I put a YouTube link in. My apologies.

u_neek

Okay, when I get this game tomorrow I'm gonna finish it as soon as possible :lol Have Really been trying to stay away form spoilers for a while now!

jaypah

Brazil said:
This.

well it also happened with Halo 3 and Bioshock. not to mention the flash mob of douches storming the harry potter lines screaming spoilers and you'll see that being on PS3 doesn't matter, being a video game doesn't matter. what matters is that it's info that people don't want to know and info that douches have that they don't care about. that equals instant dumbass syndrome. nowhere on the internet is safe so tread carefully.

Damn next thing you know someone is going to hack one of those overpass highway signs that announces Amber alerts except its just going to tell you the killer in Heavy Rain. Holy shit! This crap has gotten outta hand.

Mafro

Wario64 said:
TheKevinButler twitter spoiled the ending. lol. Well probably a joke since it's ridiculous if it were true.

I got a tweet from him saying I was the killer! What the hell :lol

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I was going to hold off on getting this game but the official thread and this one has convinced me that I need to go and buy it after work and finish it tonight :lol

Chris R

Can someone point me to spoilers of the entire thing? Wikipedia hasn't been updated yet and I'm never going to play the game because I hated the demo, but the story seemed interesting :lol

Garjon

Gawds and I thought keeping away from the official thread would be safe :(
So is this game the new 'let's spoil' thing or something?

gentlemanfinn

Neo Member
Freshmaker said:
It's high time people got over being spoiled. If any story hinges on a twist or a plot point that much, it's probably not that good in the first place.

For those wanting to be spoiled because the game doesn't seem appealing to them:

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/bt/benzaie/blp/17531-lets-play-heavy-rain-01

Benzaie has been doing a Let's Play. (He's playing it badly from a world's worst father angle though.)
Some of that was really funny, maybe because I'm drunk, don't know. Anyway can't wait to get my CE in the next 8-18 hours!! :)

edit: to be OT, I think it's really crazy to get spoilers on cellphones :-o

Replicant

Garjon said:
Gawds and I thought keeping away from the official thread would be safe :(
So is this game the new 'let's spoil' thing or something?

With any luck, this thing becomes a meme and make people curious/interested about the game. Backfire to the asshole spoiler to N-th degree. After all, the whole
Snape killed Dumbledore
thing didn't ruin the sale of Harry Potter 6.

vgachi57

if i got a text spoiler, i'd be pissed because i don't have a text messaging plan so essentially would be paying to read a spoiler i didn't want to begin with.

soco

DONT ANSWER YOUR PHONES. I JUST GOT A ROBO-DIALER WITH SPOILERS!!!

weirder yet it was like from a Bob Dole impersonator. wtf?

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
soco said:
DONT ANSWER YOUR PHONES. I JUST GOT A ROBO-DIALER WITH SPOILERS!!!

weirder yet it was like from a Bob Dole impersonator. wtf?
What?

"BOB DOLE says the origami killer is Pink!"

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Brazil said:
This.

I think it's more the fact that MGS and Heavy Rain are very well known for being heavily story based, as opposed to only being on the PS3.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Im too scared to even look at the comments on my youtube videos :lol
Guess they will have to moderate themselves
Hopefully I can get the game soon enough

Top Bottom