• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs 2 |OT| .HTML

Tecnniqe

Banned
This is probably my years biggest surprise.

I quite enjoyed it. Gameplay, characters and story was pretty good.

Sadly Multiplayer is ruined by the fact that everyone and their mother runs with the 50cal sniper you can make, essentially making it first hit wins while also destroying every vehicle in one or to hits.

I think it looks quite good too
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/u83WZsZ.jpg[/IMG]

Is there supposed to be a separate code on PC for the Zodiac mission? I pre-ordered the deluxe edition off Green Man Gaming a few weeks back and only received one code.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Haven't fired a single gun (save stun gun) yet and think Im pretty far
on missions were FBI after you and one of your team mates die
. I do usually just sick another gang on an area to clear them out... Does this make me a bad person since I'm not murdering them myself?

This is probably my years biggest surprise.

I quite enjoyed it. Gameplay, characters and story was pretty good.

Sadly Multiplayer is ruined by the fact that everyone and their mother runs with the 50cal sniper you can make, essentially making it first hit wins while also destroying every vehicle in one or to hits.
This......I quit playing the other day after someone was rampaging in my game on the other side of the map. I decided to not pursue it and was doing the Sitara painting mission on a high building. I was just about to hit the prompt then I died. The multiplayer is cool in theory but I generally don't want to interact with the type of people these games draw sometimes. Its the main reason why I never got into GTA online.

Tecnniqe

Banned
. I do usually just sick another gang on an area to clear them out... Does this make me a bad person since I'm not murdering them myself?
Literally the worst! :p

I send gang members to clear Security and Police/SWAT to clear gang members too :D
This......I quit playing the other day after someone was rampaging in my game on the other side of the map. I decided to not pursue it and was doing the Sitara painting mission on a high building. I was just about to hit the prompt then I died. The multiplayer is cool in theory but I generally don't want to interact with the type of people these games draw sometimes. Its the main reason why I never got into GTA online.
I liked the MP in the first more. No OHK as far as I remember and it was more team oriented which was really cool, like objective hold and such.

Personally I find the 3D printed guns awfully powerful compared to the normal guns, but for some reason I'm running a AK-47 and the 9mm pistol effectively making myself less competitive :3

I don't know what it is, I just enjoy using them more but in PvP situations its terrible compared to the OHK penetrates everything sniper :((

GeeTeeCee

Finished all the main missions, all side missions, and got the Platinum earlier today.

Overall, a very enjoyable sequel that fixed most of the issues I had with the first game. I struggled slightly with the punishing steatlh and combat early on, but once I started relying on the Jumper and liberal use of Distraction/Mass Comms Disruption the game becomes pretty straightforward even with a non-lethal playstyle. I flew threw the second half of the game over the space of the weekend.

If the season pass ever drops down to an acceptable price I'll probably drop back in for the DLC at a later date.

8bit

Knows the Score
Just had the Aliens vs Predator conversation, man, that was amazing.
Props for Dredd & Archie, I was so happy to hear them mentioned.

This is the most fun I've had in an open world thing since Sleeping Dogs and I so hope it's not the end of this series and those characters.

Kaversmed

Platinum'ed it yesterday. Usually I wouldn't bother, but I couldn't stop playing after finishing the main quest, so I decided to go after the trophies just to have a goal. This game is so fun!

I find the ambush setups and evading police/gangs to be not really fun. Also the stealth mechanics in this game are pretty awful.

Other than that its a fun game. I enjoy using the drones and getting the collectibles in places where you really have to think how to get there. Unfortunately every time I do a mission where I have to infiltrate a red area and find/hack something, I sort of roll my eyes because they all play out basically the same, and you get spotted so quickly and are met with immediate gunfire.

Not sure how they improve this formula for the next game, but just working on the moment to moment gameplay as Marcus including working on the stealth mechanics would be a good start.

Truant

Pretty extensive patch coming soon, with some nice stuff like the possibility of replaying missions

https://www.reddit.com/r/watch_dogs/comments/5i5bdh/patch_notes_title_update_108_107_on_pc/

Shooting Mechanics: We’ve made changes to the shooting behavior so that shooting your weapon feels more satisfying.

Improved weapon recoil, making for increased accuracy when firing multiple rounds.

Interesting.

Edit:

GOTY confirmed:

“PULL OVER NOW!”: The loudspeaker policewoman will repeat this command less frequently.

dedhead54

I find the ambush setups and evading police/gangs to be not really fun. Also the stealth mechanics in this game are pretty awful.

Other than that its a fun game. I enjoy using the drones and getting the collectibles in places where you really have to think how to get there. Unfortunately every time I do a mission where I have to infiltrate a red area and find/hack something, I sort of roll my eyes because they all play out basically the same, and you get spotted so quickly and are met with immediate gunfire.

Not sure how they improve this formula for the next game, but just working on the moment to moment gameplay as Marcus including working on the stealth mechanics would be a good start.

I came in to post basically the same stuff, also with an emphasis on the police/enemy chase AI to be really fucking annoying. They are so overly aggressive and no matter what seem to always come zooming up on your ass the second you slow down, no matter how far away you had just gotten from them. In the ambush missions where I steal a car, I can get the car easily (although I usually end up running and gunning because the first guy I take out somehow usually alerts every enemy of my presence as a knock him out) but the chase that ensues is really a pain in the ass. Also the cars handle like shit, which just makes the whole situation worse.

With that said, I do enjoy the game as a whole quite a bit. And after playing mostly just R6: Siege this past week coming back to WD2 made me realize how great it looks on the Pro. Quite the looker IMO.

ISee

Finished the game (main story, most side content) today.
It's a 8.3 for me. A fun game, but not a must have. Still a huge step up from WD_1. I hope they improve the AI and stealth in a future sequel.

Curious to hear your thoughts on the combat changes. Lemme know how it is.

I ended up using the Stun Gun and silenced Zero Day rifle so much that I've lost perspective on what the rest of the weapons in this game feel like tbh. The Stun Gun remained useful for quick one hit KOs later in the game, even during full on firefights, and the Zero Day rifle is the most useful tool for thinning out the reinforcement waves without getting yourself in more trouble.

But the fact that they specified weapon sounds, bullet impacts, and tracers can only be a good thing.

luchadork

just finished it. absolutely LOVED it. one of my all time favourite games ever. it really fucking resonated with me. up there with sleeping dogs and gta4 for mine. the characters, the world, the gameplay. what a game.

Oh no, i constantly send gangs and police and just sit back and enjoy the show.
I have killed people but not nearly as much as i did in WD-1. Mostly stun-gun.

You still have a way to go.

noomi

Still playing through the singleplayer (almost done)

New patch is definitely awesome for gunplay. Weapons feel much better, and the bullet tracers are a very welcome addition.

holygeesus

Banned
Good patch but I wish they added a bit more 'weight' to vehicle collisions, in terms of the audio. The cars don't feel solid to me.

Is there a way to quit coop without closing down the game? I have gone to do some online missions and several times it has paired me up with people who are away from their consoles, and it won't let me quit unless they agree. Which obviously they don't do if they aren't there. It's really annoying.

Bishop_83

Neo Member
I liked the MP in the first more. No OHK as far as I remember and it was more team oriented which was really cool, like objective hold and such.

Personally I find the 3D printed guns awfully powerful compared to the normal guns, but for some reason I'm running a AK-47 and the 9mm pistol effectively making myself less competitive :3

I don't know what it is, I just enjoy using them more but in PvP situations its terrible compared to the OHK penetrates everything sniper :((
It is called "The Destroyer" in the first game, only that it wasn't available in Online Decryption. It was available in Online Hacking though and just about any other mode. You unlocked it by doing 8 or 10 Criminal Convoy missions. When you invaded some one and tried to escape or hide behind a wall, if they had it, that was a one shot kill.

It felt slightly more powerful in the first game, but only with 2 rounds per magazine. It is a bit too overpowering for Bounty Mode though. It makes it too easy to shoot the players car and shoot them, plus they have a swarm of cops going after them. But the same weapon was available to players in Watch Dogs 1 in PvP.

Thinking about getting this for the holidays but I haven't really been tracking it at all. I'm not a huge GTA fan and thought gtav was boring due to scripted and samey missions and lackluster mechanics. Is this game have the same faults? How are missions and mechanics compared to GTAV?

Thinking about getting this for the holidays but I haven't really been tracking it at all. I'm not a huge GTA fan and thought gtav was boring due to scripted and samey missions and lackluster mechanics. Is this game have the same faults? How are missions and mechanics compared to GTAV?

The mechanics are entirely different but the missions don't have a ton of variety in terms of their objectives. However, I would say there is a tremendous amount of 'variety' provided to you by the tools and abilities you can unlock. Most of these aren't available at the start, but once you start getting upgrade points you can quickly unlock some really fun stuff.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
This game is like the opposite of GTAV in when it comes to mission design and mechanics, both are completely up to the player, so they give you a simple objective and then you have a multitude of ways to tackle that objective, (and thanks to the mechanics it doesn't just boil down to stealth or non stealth, it's more like dishonored where there are a bunch of interwoven systems in place that can interact with each other and make the experience unique, systems that get expanded on as both the level design and the player's arsenal get more complex).

This game is like the opposite of GTAV in when it comes to mission design and mechanics, both are completely up to the player, so they give you a simple objective and then you have a multitude of ways to tackle that objective, (and thanks to the mechanics it doesn't just boil down to stealth or non stealth, it's more like dishonored where there are a bunch of interwoven systems in place that can interact with each other and make the experience unique, systems that get expanded on as both the level design and the player's arsenal get more complex).

That's sounds awesome. But is stealth and mechanics and approaches legit good? Having really good missions with that beautiful open world would be great

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
That's sounds awesome. But is stealth and mechanics and approaches legit good? Having really good missions with that beautiful open world would be great
Yes. It gets really absurd the amount of things that can happen in any one mission. Like one dude in a review noted how he wanted to complete a mission where you have to destroy 4 atms nonlethally but the place was too heavily guarded, so he deployed his drone outside the base, stuck sticky bombs to it, caused a distraction outside the base to lure the guards away, took control of his drone and flew it over to the atms and detonated them all while the guards were unaware.

CryptoZookeeper

Neo Member
Speaking of side missions, how do I meet Sitara on the roof? There is no crane I can use to get up there.

You need to upgrade a skill to be able to hack into cranes and lift-type vehicles. Then there should be a lift in the parking lot across from the building she's at

Anarion07

Finished this yesterday.
i REALLY enjoyed it!
Only one trophy missing for platinum
(the dedsec events one).

Played all of the game without using lethal weapons, only hacking and stealth
(except for the 5 star police chase trophy).

Which made one mission pretty weird for me:

The final mission playing wrench where they basically give you the whole arsenal of weapons. I did it via stealth anyway

Top Bottom