• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs - Welcome to Chicago Trailer

boeso

My god, all the trolling, all the hyperbole, the LOL photoshops, all those people damning the game by just one screenshot ... I wish there were more people actually responding to the trailer instead of giving kneejerk "this will be the worst game ever" responses.

This will be the worst game ever. Now dat, is hyperbole.

Gav47

This is a neat looking outfit for Aiden

iEuWt1ohauFg2.png

A fedora would really tie that outfit together

Kuldar

This is the first trailer that reminds me of Chicago, all the trailers so far has looked like random city or how a french dev perceives America to be...which most of the times means ending up making San fran.
Watch_Dogs is made at Ubisoft Montreal, they're not french.

bryanee

Nice gifs Dennis.

Also glad my pre-order is paid off. I'm very much looking forward to it. Kinda hope I can buy a suit in the game.

Ricky_R

Game that you're excited about = post the best pictures you can find

Game that you're not excited about = post the worst pictures you can find

I agree that looks bad. It looks quite good in other areas, though. I agree it has a GTA'ish look to it, which isn't terrible in my opinion.

Either way, it's only fair to pick that one shot and expose it since I really wouldn't expect such an ugly looking shot going by their reveal footage. It's literally night and day, and just knowing that there will be moments that it'll look like that, can be rather disappointing for many.

AdanVC

Also, props to Ubisoft to at least include the note about the Wii U version coming later this year at the end of the trailer :). That's the version I would get.

kevin1025

Banned
That trailer looks like it has different versions present, last-gen, current-gen and PC mixed together, so that we question what's what.

...I need a conspiracy hat, don't I?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Looking forward to hearing impressions about the gameplay. You know, the part that really matters. :p

Second Son actually looks great AND plays great. It has flaws, but it delivers on those two aspects.

It looks great. It plays great due to good gameplay mechanics. That doesn't stop the actual world from feeling very lifeless compared to other open world games. I for one wish they would have focused less on making the game look so pretty and more on making the world feel alive. The world really does pale in comparison to the likes of GTA and, yes, what we've seen of Watch Dogs. It suffers the same way the first two games suffered in that respect.

S¡mon

Banned
In some shots it looks great, in other shots it's comparable to GTA V"s graphics.

I won't worry too much. I hope/think that there will be some great gameplay in here. :)

As someone who's commuted to Chicago daily, I'm seeing an immersion-breaking lack of these:

DSC_0425.JPG

It would be incredibly difficult to go near the Chicago River without ever seeing these too-short-to-raise-the-drawbridge-for, white and blue (with a little red) water taxis traversing the city. The things I remember most about them is their unusual names, the way that drawbridges never had to be raised for them, and just how frequently I saw them whenever I was anywhere near the Chicago River!

RiZ III

"What will you do with that kind of power?"

Fix up the graphics on level 5.

Being a Chicagaon, I'm interested to try this out.

Marcel

infamous is only on PS4. Watch Dogs is on everything

It's on everything to its visual quality and performance detriment. Hopefully Ubisoft will get their act together for the sequel rather than worrying about nearly 10 year old console hardware.

Game looks so like GTA5, barely a graphical step up.

That's horseshit

Go back and play GTA V right now dawg. Observe a fantastic art direction and density to the world forged and enabled by years of being the leader in the field and the biggest budget in gaming by far, which not every dev has at their disposal, clearly. And despite that, watch as textures appear to be at a low quality at a distance, how "' " 'flat' " '" the lighting on buildings is at night. Take note of the resolution, the aliasing, the fact that anything that relatively taxes the game shoots it noticeably south of 30fps. Rose tinted memories dawg

I mean artistically GTA V arguably blows this out of the water but purely technically speaking... no.

Alienous

As someone who's commuted to Chicago daily, I'm seeing an immersion-breaking lack of these:

DSC_0425.JPG

It would be incredibly difficult to go near the Chicago River without ever seeing these too-short-to-raise-the-drawbridge-for, white and blue (with a little red) water taxis traversing the city. The things I remember most about them is their unusual names, the way that drawbridges never had to be raised for them, and just how frequently I saw them whenever I was anywhere near the Chicago River!

I was about to post "Watch Dogs graphics redeemed".

Dammit. THAT is what I want. I was going to say that the waves near the boat didn't look good enough, as well.

We can reach this quality, this gen.

GeeDuhb

Impressions on this game are starting to become of the "hive-mind" mentality...everyone is hating on it, so I should too.

From this video, game doesn't look all that bad, and actually increased my hype a little. Graphics are not everything, folks. And as has been noticed countless times already with cross-gen titles, you can't expect a truly amazing next gen version of said games.

From a pure gameplay standpoint, I remain quite optimistic.

Top Bottom