• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs - Welcome to Chicago Trailer

sjay1994

It's on everything to its visual quality and performance detriment. Hopefully Ubisoft will get their act together for the sequel rather than worrying about nearly 10 year old console hardware.

Which is why division and AC:Unity will deliver on their graphical promise since they are PS4/XBONE/PC only.

The game itself still looks good to me, since the stuff I was most interested in, which was the hacking is still there

cyen

The hive mind at gaf is in full force against Watch Dogs.

The game will probably not win the award of best graphics ever, but cherry picking pics and saying that the traffic lights are not round enough is madness. I bet i could take dozens of pictures of rough spots in Infamous, but since it´s infamous people will praise the good ones and forget that the the game is still far from perfect graphics wise (no dynamic day, no dynamic reaction of rain\water, some shader aliasing, etc)

As i said before, will wait until release to see if it´s worth it.

E-Cat

Look at this shit, GAF. Looks absolutely amazeballs.

untitled_378_by_dennisk4-d7bufog.gif

Is that scripted or physics based?

antitrop

A complete ripoff of the GTA V trailers. I'm unsure as to why Ubisoft would want to draw the obvious comparison when it isn't one that's in their favor.

Marcel

Which is why division and AC:Unity will deliver on their graphical promise since they are PS4/XBONE/PC only.

The game itself still looks good to me, since the stuff I was most interested in, which was the hacking is still there

I certainly hope Unity turns out well. I'm still a little bit of a jaded AC fan after 3 but Black Flag raised my hopes (aside from the mostly crappy story missions). There's plenty of studios closing and downsizing out there so grab some good mission designers Ubisoft. Ferreal.

hmm, looked pretty fucking awesome to me, even if they are trying really hard to be Rockstar lol.

those shots in the beginning from a moving vehicle remind me of how i played GTAIV and GTAV, taking the taxi everywhere and just looking out the window marveling at the game world heh. for some reason it looks really amazing to me, watching shops and pedestrians etc go by..

i hope they have come up with a decent story. an open-world game with a boring story is hard for me to finish..

Kuldar

The team is a mix of people from all over the world, for example, I am British :)
And I'm sorry for you. :p

More seriously, I know that there are people from all over the world. I should have say that the main studio for this game is at Montreal and that they may have a good idea of how a north american city looks like.

esterk

I wish I could go back to when they first revealed the game. Man I was so hyped. Now it's kinda meh.

Still looks fun though, even if performance wise it looks sub par.

My favorite part of Chicago is the hills.
/s. Game looks to be a good mix of accurate landmarks / broad strokes and "in the spirit of" for the rest.

I imagine the flatness of this area is one of the hurdles to using Chicago for an open-world game.

Violater

The game will probably not win the award of best graphics ever, but cherry picking pics and saying that the traffic lights are not round enough is madness. I bet i could take dozens of pictures of rough spots in Infamous, but since it´s infamous people will praise the good ones and forget that the the game is still far from perfect graphics wise (no dynamic day, no dynamic reaction of rain\water, some shader aliasing, etc)

Please tell me some more about this "Hive mind" of which you speak.
So far I see many mixed responses in the thread and most people being optimistically cautious.

RiZ III

Looks pretty fucking good to me.
No where near revel levels for sure, but the level I expect for the current gen.
PC should look better.

On a super high end pc, it'll run at a higher res, better frame rate, and perhaps slightly higher res textures. Don't expect it will look much different from this.

Marcel

Oh please. People are allowed to express their opinion, positive, negative or somewhere inbetween. There's plenty of people still buying the game. If the impressions are good, I might even get it eventually. But let's not pretend Ubisoft, a delay, and a downgrade did any favors for the game's mindshare.

Five

Banned
How come none of the explosions have flame in them until the very end (3:36)? All the cars and stuff blowing up look like balloons popping.

Theecliff

Banned
It's becoming a bit sad that people try to pick the worst scene possible from a trailer to show us the 'downgradaton'.
Agreed. On a whole, the visuals in this trailer looked quite nice. Not amazing (and certainly not as good as the reveal, but that's a given at this point), but still quite nice. Sure as hell nowhere near as bad as some of the hyperbole on here would have you believe.

And hell, even Dennis thinks it looks nice in that trailer.

Someone should cut in some GTA4 footage randomly into that trailer and see if is even noticeable. The tall buildings, tone of the lighting and NPC movement just screams GTA4 to me

Certinty

Looks amazing, I'm still very hyped about it. Not going to let the graphical downgrade ruin it for me because besides that it looks stunning.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
GTAV was inspired by SoCal, yet it still definitely "felt" like it. I'm skeptical until I try it out.

Yep, Rockstar did a good job with GTAV. I didn't want him to think the Developers promised a accurate recreation of Chicago but delivered a different product.

A complete ripoff of the GTA V trailers. I'm unsure as to why Ubisoft would want to draw the obvious comparison when it isn't one that's in their favor.

Its really more for the mainstream gamers and consumers, like the GTA/RDR advertisements, who know nothing about the game than for people who tend to gravitate toward gaming message boards.

*OT: Whats with the avatar quote change?

Violater

On a super high end pc, it'll run at a higher res, better frame rate, and perhaps slightly higher res textures. Don't expect it will look much different from this.

Like I said cautiously optimistic, the game will be put under the microscope by many.
So I am not screaming take my money just yet, will definitely wait to see how it pans out after release.

Will there be a Demo?

I can't believe people are defending this. Does it look terrible? No. But it doesn't look anywhere near as good as it did a year ago. Sadly it will sell due to lack of games on the market for consoles.

Preorder
cancelled

KORNdoggy

What are people not understanding about this? It isn't about the visuals being crappy. Hell, i can quite happily buy and play earth defence force... It's about them being crappy after being advertised as good. Infamous looks better now then it did at the reveal...nothing to complain about there. Watchdogs...well....watchdogs does not.

I can't believe people are defending this. Does it look terrible? No. But it doesn't look anywhere near as good as it did a year ago. Sadly it will sell due to lack of games on the market for consoles.

Preorder
cancelled

they've acknowledged the downgrade and it is what it is. If you're gonna whine about feeling deceived well after the fact and what's shown still doesn't interest you then don't buy it. but right now I'm judging the game based off what I'm seeing and not my expectations of it from two years ago. You act like they've already taken your fucking money man, and if they have just go and get it back...

cyen

What are people not understanding about this? It isn't about the visuals being crappy. Hell, i can quite happily buy and play earth defence force... It's about them being crappy after being advertised as good. Infamous looks better now then it did at the reveal...nothing to complain about there. Watchdogs...well....watchdogs does not.

So does Dark Souls 2, did it make it a worst game?

Rootbeer

Banned
I wish I could say I am impressed... I am definitely getting this on PS4... there's no doubt... but this really looks like footage pulled from GTAV... on PS3... was hoping to see some fuller environments. Everything looks so stripped down.

they've acknowledged the downgrade and it is what it is. If you're gonna whine about feeling deceived well after the fact and what's shown still doesn't interest you then don't buy it. but right now I'm judging the game based off what I'm seeing and not my expectations of it from two years ago. You act like they've already taken your fucking money man, and if they have just go and get it back...

In regards to the downgrade was a reason given? As a next gen console owner I'm hoping it's not due to limitations of the new hardware. With that said if it's not then Ubisoft has to get their shit together and learn how to develop better.

game mechanics sound interesting about being able to hack the city, but odds are it'll just be a gimmick and repetitive like assassins creed type stuff.

graphics look mediocre. infamous SS blows it away.

The game looks really fun and the graphics are top notch.
I'm really glad they seemed to pursue the gta model because that's the only way I could have enjoyed the game. I want to do crazy things in the city, not walking boringly and hacking some phones and camera. I want non stop action and crazy stunts.

For the graphics, people don't seem to understand that an open world means you can't have the best looking shots at all times. Even second sons could look very bad in some area.

I'm waiting for the release but going from the last trailers, there is not an open world game on the market with as much freedom and gameplay oppurtinies who looks as good.

Top Bottom